The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unexpected Game Change?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-03, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unexpected Game Change?"
"Jeff Probst (in game): Once again, game change when you least expect it."

The observation has been made that Andrew may be wearing a blue Drake buff. Is this as a result of the unexpected "game change"?

Does the "game change" involve several players being swapped to the opposite tribe prior to the Immunity challenge? Does Andrew end up competing as a Drake for immunity? They compete for immunity as tribes, but are the tribe members swapped prior to the challenge? Is that why we are only shown aerial photos...because the tribemembers are switched before the challenge? Is this the swap that results in Ryan O. getting the boot as a result of a swap?

Or is there some much simpler explanation for the "blue buff around Andrews neck?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? bananne81 11-04-03 1
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? sleeeve 11-04-03 2
 1 more player returns? mavsfan 11-04-03 3
   RE: 1 more player returns? Goooey_Alley 11-04-03 5
       RE: 1 more player returns? ExInterper 11-04-03 6
           RE: 1 more player returns? Goooey_Alley 11-04-03 9
               RE: 1 more player returns? katethegreat 11-04-03 22
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? ExInterper 11-04-03 4
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? Goooey_Alley 11-04-03 7
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? ExInterper 11-04-03 13
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? LeftPinky 11-04-03 17
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? lroy 11-04-03 8
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? ExInterper 11-04-03 11
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? Goooey_Alley 11-04-03 10
 Just An Insight... Goooey_Alley 11-04-03 12
   RE: Just An Insight... Pirate Prinny 11-04-03 14
       RE: Just An Insight... VerucaSalt 11-04-03 15
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? volsfan 11-04-03 16
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? pdragonfly 11-04-03 18
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? KObrien_fan 11-04-03 19
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? Breezy 11-04-03 20
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? badger 11-04-03 23
               RE: Unexpected Game Change? Breezy 11-04-03 27
                   RE: Unexpected Game Change? ExInterper 11-04-03 28
                       RE: Unexpected Game Change? Brownroach 11-04-03 31
                           RE: Unexpected Game Change? badger 11-05-03 58
                       RE: Unexpected Game Change? joannie 11-04-03 43
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? KObrien_fan 11-04-03 26
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? BrassFan 11-04-03 37
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? frisky 11-04-03 21
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? L82LIFE 11-04-03 30
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? BrassFan 11-04-03 38
               RE: Andrew's buff tommiettop 11-04-03 45
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? frisky 11-04-03 39
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? Corvis 11-04-03 24
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? pdragonfly 11-04-03 25
       Color Changes Chez 11-05-03 57
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? dabo 11-04-03 29
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? VerucaSalt 11-04-03 32
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? BrassFan 11-04-03 33
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? dabo 11-04-03 35
               RE: Unexpected Game Change? BrassFan 11-04-03 52
   RE: Unexpected Game Change? Krautboy 11-04-03 34
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? pmspml5 11-04-03 36
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? VerucaSalt 11-04-03 41
       RE: Unexpected Game Change? volsfan 11-04-03 44
           RE: Unexpected Game Change? Brownroach 11-04-03 46
               RE: Unexpected Game Change? LookeeLoo 11-04-03 47
               RE: Unexpected Game Change? Krautboy 11-04-03 48
                   RE: Unexpected Game Change? KObrien_fan 11-04-03 51
                       RE: Unexpected Game Change? Krautboy 11-04-03 53
               RE: Unexpected Game Change? volsfan 11-04-03 49
 Lillian's wedding cowboyroo 11-04-03 40
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? lojik98 11-04-03 42
   Unexpected game change: Delayed Me... Krautboy 11-04-03 50
       wasn't S5 Delayed? mavsfan 11-05-03 55
           RE: wasn't S5 Delayed? katethegreat 11-05-03 56
               RE: wasn't S5 Delayed? KObrien_fan 11-05-03 59
 RE: Unexpected Game Change? KeithFan 11-04-03 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bananne81 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-04-03, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bananne81 Click to send private message to bananne81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
U guys are maniacs---looking at these caps so closely. Could this be the merged tribe's new buff and a slightly different blue?

I don't see why they would do tribe hijinks this late in the game but there are no hard and fast rules on Survivor.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-04-03, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I think that we have a spoiler that the merge color is black, but I might be mistaken.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-03, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "1 more player returns?"
Wasn't there a spoiler that THREE players returned to the game?

So far we only have 2.

It would seem to me that we are still due 1 more.

Maybe there's another Ghost tribe challenge, but this time Morgan or Drake beat the Ghosties, and only 1 Ghostie gets to come back in this time?

Or maybe A Ghostie comes in thru a different method other than a challenge.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-04-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 1 more player returns?"
Jiffy told only two have the chance to come back... one in each tribe to replace Osten and Shawn.

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 1 more player returns?"
Wait...did Jiffy say that, or did he say two have the chance to come back to replace THOSE VOTED OUT?

I doubt it would happen, but could they use Osten quitting as the way of getting the rumored third person (a blond haired woman) back in the game??

God, I hope not....
ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

11-04-03, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 1 more player returns?"
Yes... "THOSE VOTED OUT."

I doubt a 3rd one will come back... 2 OUTCAST contestants are enough. It will be too way off their schedule if that happens.

Morgans should have booted themselves earlier since they will have their free food (far more OK than the situation they are in) and a chance to come back. (The twist is too darn unfair!)

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-04-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 1 more player returns?"
Good thought - the earlier you are booted, the better. I was thinking that Trish hasn't really benefitted from LL, other than one good night's sleep, as much as Burton (six days, seven nights?). And obviously, Nicole, Ryan S, and Lil much more.

Anyway, I believe the buff is the merged tribe buff, rumored to be black, just off shade here. Based upon the IC challenge pics in another thread.

IMO, too late to switch people around. (Unless - let's see, IC to bring back two outcasts, a tribal RC next day, Drake wins and steals Andrew for a day, similar to Rupert steal, he's a Drake for one day, THEN they show up third day to IC, on tribe mats, learn it's a merge, etc. Could be . . . .)

Can anyone tell from the background which island he is more likely on?

11-04-03, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Great catch, Krautboy. At first, I thought maybe the blue that was showing was just from the survivor logo or something, but after looking at other caps, the Morgan buff's don't have anything that blue for that stretch of the buff.

MB has shown he is willing to stack the deck in favor of the ghosts. If he does some switching of the tribes in this episode to try to break up some tribal alliances and give the ghosts a better chance (not to mention more power in the game), it wouldn't shock me.

ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

11-04-03, 00:51 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I agree with you. Probably it's MB's move to screw alliances made by original 8 qualified players. This might be a good support for the spoilers saying Rhino is a victim of a twist.

11-04-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Actually, maybe we all jumped the gun on this one(me especially based on my shameless DAWing in this thread). Check out a pic of the buffs from SeeBS.com:

There's enough blue on the Morgan buff to possibly be what Andrew is wearing around his neck.

Maybe it means a swap, or it could be much ado about nothing. This is what I get for posting rather than getting sleep.

ExI

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-04-03, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
While it is certainly possible that Andrew is wearing his Morgan buff with the blue showing or MB has colored the buff (no, really?)...

I think this may be a sign of another twist. Perhaps on each of the docks in the water there are two ropes, one person from each tribe goes to each dock and pulls up a rope, voila - new buff. Andrew ends up on Drake... Ryan O stays at Morgan with a majority of Drakes and gets the boot due to the twist....

Farfetched? Yes.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
The only thing I can remotely attach with that blue is the fact that Andrew was wearing a blue shirt under his suit… I do not recal the color of his tie, best pictures I could find:

Could he be using it as a sweat band? Good lord am I stretching here… I hate the idea of another freaking twist.

~lroy

11-04-03, 01:03 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Better pic of Andrew's tie:

A nice thought, but unless the pic has been doctored (something else MB is not above doing) we may need to start seriously facing the possibility that there is a swap of some kind on Thursday
ExI

11-04-03, 01:02 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I had a bad feeling that Andrew will be the next boot... He looks so stressed and ready to burst.

11-04-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
12. "Just An Insight..."
Even though Survivor is a reality-based show (no script required), the twists (kidnapping, third tribe, and 2 replacements) turned out to be the plot of MB & Jeff's secret-psychological script.

If another twist will happen, it will surely make viewers (especially the new ones) more confused...

Pirate Prinny 21 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pirate%20Prinny Click to send private message to Pirate%20Prinny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Just An Insight..."
The blue that Andrew is wearing looks like the blue pattern along the edge that both team buffs share rather than the pale turquoise of the Drake buff. To me, at least.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-04-03, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Just An Insight..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-03 AT 07:45 AM (EST)

This has been a big topic of discussion elsewhere. Shame I can't watch the video; not that it would probably help considering how quick these caps go by. Not saying one way or another but this pic of Rhino is suggestive that a buff could merit a trick of the eye.

Looking at the right side of his buff and considering the Andrew photo is slightly darker in contrast, I don't think it is out the realm of possibility his buff is turned along with his head turned and the lighting the blue of the Morgan buff is shown and/or his buff is turned inside out as well.

And Once Again, Game Change etc. could be Jeff greeting the Survivors into the next challenge discussing what had happened as opposed to what will happen.

Who knows one way or another though. In reading the other threads here and elsewhere it certainly would change things up. Personally if this does happen I think all this is now bordering on the ridiculous; just merge them and be done.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Krautboy...even after the voice over for "the game changes when you least expect it?", There is another voice over that says, "it will change the face of the game"! I mentioned this in another thread hoping to spark conversation similar to what you have here!

I think there is another twist in this episode that we haven't picked up on. However, I am trying to find evidence of it!

Good catch!

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-04-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"

The buff colors change. There is no mistaking it in the vidcaps.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
"the game changes when you least expect it?", There is another voice over that says, "it will change the face of the game"!

I think there is another twist in this episode that we haven't
picked up on. However, I am trying to find evidence of it!

I agree Vols that there is another twist, but I believe it will go down something like this. The first 10 minutes of the show are for the TC to vote the 2 Ghosties back in (Burton and Lill), they pick a random tribe buff and go back to the respective tribes...Lill to Morgan and Burton to Drake.

Two castaways make amends (Burton and either Rupe or Sandra), while another shows resentment at the turn of events. (Andrew)

They believe that they are still the two tribes and they start to bond and scheme etc...

They get sea mail and get ready for a tribal challenge. They arrive at IC in the two tribes and are presented with new merge buffs from Jiffy and learn that this will be individual immunity at stake (This is where MB stretches the "it will change the face of the game! remark) After the IC before tribal council they celebrate the merge with a survivor wedding (again stretching the wording a bit, still can't figure out if I believe this one)

The merged tribe votes out Andrew who has become Mr. Paranoid since the ghosties have arrived on the scene. Even on his brothers website here the words next to the pumpkin say "May all of Mark Burnett's ghosts come back to haunt him"...Sounds like someone swallowed a bitter pill.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
This is all makes sense KO, but what about the spoiler saying that Shawn and Jon are the last two to leave? Wouldn't that make Jon next for boot?

Also the twist for this episode could be that the two returnees can compete in the IC and steal the immunity from the others.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-04-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
i think that burton and shawn may have been confused by many of the spoiler-ers. it wouldn't surprise me a bit if burton and jon were the last to leave. this mix-up might also explain why shawn and not burton is listed in the yahoo spoiler.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
But Burton is back in the game with immunity this week. How can he fly out with Jon pre-jury, which I think was what the spoiler speculated.

11-04-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Actually, there have so many posts with both Shawn and Burton leaving with Jon that I'm not sure what the original spoiler is....

I think we can say that based on game logic, the two biggest targets if there is no merge and no swap are Jon (on the outside of the R-S-C alliance) and Andrew (the peons are getting a little irked at the lack of leadership). If there is a merge, then we probably can add Rupert to that list, since he is an IC threat. If there's a swap...then who in MB's name knows?

ExI

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Actually, there have so many posts with both Shawn and Burton leaving with Jon that I'm not sure what the original spoiler is....

That detail originally came from Wezzie. Photos of Jon and Shawn were pointed to by a local or locals, and Wezzie was told they were the last two to fly out of Contadora. That was the whole "spoiler"; Burton was never a part of it.

Wezzie said that at the time she assumed they meant this was after the entire game was over. But all off Wezzie's communications were in Spanish, so I don't know if anything can be gleaned from it. I think it's possible they were the last two seen boarding a plane that also had other people on it, if it happened after the game was over.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-05-03, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
not sure why i'm bothering to get back into this debate. it's so far back in this thread. and it involves disagreeing with the illustrious brownroach.

but i wanted to suggest that the "shawn and jon fly out last" thing could actually point to them being the final 2 booted (Final 3 and 4 respectively). hence my suggestion that this could be burton, not shawn (who barring a really big, "simply shocking" twist, is gone for good).

and while wezzie did have locals point to pictures, i merely wanted to suggest that shawn and burton are/were similar enough to be confused.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Maybe Jon wins immunity and not Lill. Now THAT would be shocking!

11-04-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-03 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

Breezy-

Not all spoilers have proven to be correct, so I guess it all depends on how much credence you give that particular spoiler. I have also seen that Snewser has upgraded Jonny Fairplay's position on his scorecard. Since the Snews has a 100% track record so far this season,and Andrew is lowest on the scorecard with a thumbs down...along with other things considered I am ready to say bye bye to Savage.

(edited to add breezy's name since she asked the question and a lot of others have things between her question and my answer)

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
>Also the twist for this episode could be that the two
>returnees can compete in the IC and steal the immunity
>from the others.

If it was me, I'd be too spiteful...I'd say to myself..<b>SELF!!!</b>...I'm already out of this game....but I sure can make it hell for the rest of them....Besides, we'll be in the merge soon enough, then it's every man for himself....

So, I'd do my best to screw my tribe for the immunity challenge....

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
>Even on his brothers website here the words next to the pumpkin say "May all of Mark Burnett's ghosts come back to haunt him"...Sounds like someone swallowed a bitter pill.

Excellent point, KO fan!

Also note the "Go Morgan!" banner below the Halloween message.

This is reminiscent of Alicia's "Go Kucha!" cheer to fans in NYC just prior to S2's merge. It was indicative of her lack of identity with the merged tribe. Post-game, she still associated herself with Kucha, and our sleuths here correctly concluded that if she got to the merge at all, she went very soon after.

Mind you, the "Go Morgan" is from Android's brother, so it is Morgan-identity by association, but I think this along with the MB slam indicates that Android's number is up.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-03 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

I was looking around at Andrew's brother's website and an interesting thing happened. When I went to the download area, the buttons at the top of the page changed and included one that said:

Andrew

I wasn't a lit link, so I couldn't click on it, and when I moved the mouse over it, football came up on my screen. Then I went back to the hompage to figure out how I got there, and the links were different and the "Andrew " link was gone, but the link on the far left didn't have any text on it. Also, the second time, there was music playing on the home page which didn't happen the first time I clicked it.

I think somebody is at this moment doing some work to the website, and that after Thursday the Andrew link will be live. Bye-bye Savage.

Edited to make it clear that the link did not have an actual frown face, just the keyboard equivalent of a colon and a left parenthesis.

11-04-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
>I wasn't a lit link, so
>I couldn't click on it,
>and when I moved the
>mouse over it, football came
>up on my screen.
>Then I went back to
>the hompage to figure out
>how I got there, and
>the links were different and
>the "Andrew " link was
>gone, but the link on
>the far left didn't have
>any text on it.

the page is still there.... http://www.johnsavage.com/Andrew_Savage_Survivor_7_Pearl/body_andrew_savage_survivor_7_pearl.html

I think maybe he's bitter about the way the game has played out with the Outcasts being allowed to return?

But, I'd still put money on Andrew or Johnny Pain In The Ass to be gone next....

tommiettop 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tommiettop Click to send private message to tommiettop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Andrew's buff"
In the second sectiion of that slide show on bro John's site, the third and last pictures show Andrew wearing the orange buff around his neck. The blue part in these photos is about where it would be on the buff showing above his jacket in the photo of him at the next challenge. So my guess is he's wearing the orange buff at the challenge, not a Drake or new tribe buff.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I didn't see this, L82LIFE, but you're not the only one who did. Someone made this entry in bro's guestbook a short time ago:
------------------------------------------------
Date and Time: 11/4/03, 3:32 AM
Comments: Andrew, you and Rupert are my favorite Survivor contestants ever. That challenge in episode 6 was awesome, you single-handedly won that immunity for your team. Good job man, I want to see you go all the way.

(To John: That Andrew link at the top with the sad face emoticon might be revealing something that you don't want to reveal...i might suggest changing it.)
-------------------------------------------------

You can post that there thread now, Sherps.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
KB -

I think that is just part of the blue on the orange buff. Someone posted a good picture above.

I think the game change is simply the fact that they don't merge yet as they expected to and there is one more tribe eviction.

Corvis

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"

Normally I'd agree, but Rupert doesn't have an orange buff to begin with, he had the teal color.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-05-03, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Color Changes"
It's true colors can change underwater, but as a scuba diver and a scientist, let me assure you, a blue would not change to an orange underwater.

Underwater, reds and colors related to red are lost first. (Orange and purple).

Blue and green hues will be retained the longest (deepest) underwater. If Rupert's buff looks blue, it's not due to his being underwater.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Did Jeff say that Morgan would get back an original Morgan, that Drake would get back an original Drake? I thought he just said that a player would be voted back in if Outcasts beat one tribe, replacing whichever member that tribe then voted out, and that two players would be voted back in if they beat both tribes (which they did) to replace both players voted out. Possible twist then, a former Drake goes to Morgan, a former Morgan goes to Drake. That would be sufficient to offset a merge, or trigger a faux merge as in Thailand.

We're getting close to the jury stage, though, and once that point is reached game logic dictates that all remaining players have to be sufficiently familiar with each other to allow for everyone to have a reasonable chance of winning should they reach the final two.

11-04-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-03 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

Right dabo; the vote in is by the Outcasts, the buff they pick is random so it is luck of the buff. The Drake and Morgans don't know that though which is why Sandra was already discussing Burton coming back. I think a lot of people originally considered B/Morgan and L/Drake until that picture of Tijuana with what appears to may be Lillian's scout patch unless of course they were hoping L and B would go to opposite tribes to shake things up a bit, saw they picked their original buffs and then went to Plan "B"

11-04-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
>Possible twist then, a former Drake
>goes to Morgan, a former Morgan goes
>to Drake.

Problem with that is what happens if two get voted back in from the same tribe?

MB said that after the two are voted back in, JPro throws a buff of each color into the urn, that's how it's determined. What I was wondering though...Are there two buffs thrown in, and one member goes to each tribe? Or does each get to pick from two buffs...leaving the possibility of both going to the same tribe?

I'd assume that since Jeff used the phrase "to replace the member voted out"..that one member voted back will go to each tribe...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I don't think two getting voted back in who were on the original same tribe together would be a problem for MB et al. From what Jeff said both the Drake and the Morgan will both be getting a returning bootie, since they were both defeated by the Outcasts. I don't recall any other conditions being stated. How the Outcasts vote may be entirely up to them.

11-04-03, 09:52 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
>I don't think two getting voted
>back in who were on
>the original same tribe together
>would be a problem for
>MB et al.

When I said it was a problem....I was responding to a poster who said that maybe the two tribe members voted back in would go to the opposite tribe.

This wouldn't be possible if both of the voted back in players came from the same original tribe...

That's what I meant...sorry if it's confusing.

11-04-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Yes Corvis, I agree with you. The simple explanation makes the most sense. Andrew is in trouble and all indications are that the Morgan Tribe is the source of his problems...

While I'm still not sure what the "game change" will be, I'm fairly confident it doesn't result in Andrew becoming a Drake.

Krautboy

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I think JP led the tribes to believe there is no merge yet - and then as someone else suggests they are asked to come to a "wedding" would explain Sandra's long sleeves and Tijuana's Shirt - when they get there - the wedding is the merge. I dont think they are expecting a merge at all - by the way JP went on about letting the re-imerged player have a chance in his/her new tribe and that each tribe would be getting someone yadda yadda yadda - I think the last thing they expect is the merge.

11-04-03, 04:11 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Well for the record, Tijuana and Sandra showed up last challenge in the same garb. Sandra's sleeves aren't long btw

11-04-03, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Krautboy, I hope you can explain something that I find very confusing! You have stated that you think Andrew is in trouble and so have others on the boards. In which, I think Andrew's brothers Web site is a possible spoiler. However, from watching the show, I don't see how in the world anyone can conclude that Andrew is in trouble. The only thing I have seen is the complaining he is going to do about the returning players on this weeks show.

Is there more to it than this or is most of these things being discussed dealing more with Snewser downgrading him?

Lastly, there is a spoiler out there that Ryan O gets booted due to a surprising twist. I know that Browroach has referenced it a couple of times. I don't know where this spoiler came from or if it has been proven wrong.

Can someone help me understand?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
volsfan, I'll try to help.

The Ryan O. spoiler was posted on Sucks by a VicVega. It said the rumors around Los Gatos (Ryan's hometown) were that Ryan was the victim of a switch, a la Silas in S3. It also said that Ryan was supposedly not too fond of the Drake women.

VicVega subsequently went back and deleted all the content in his post. His subject-header said that Ryan would go in Ep 5 or Ep 6, but I believe that part was sheer conjecture because of the switch rumor -- that's normally around when a switch would occur.

FWIW, I didn't put too much credence into it. In S6 there was a similar "rumor" about Alex being the victim of a switch. If anything were going to happen resembling this, it seems like Ryan O. should have been voted out last week, as a casualty of the twist. And the flip side is, if he "didn't care for the Drake women", it's very likely he was with them after the merge.

As for Andrew, some of the reasons he could be in trouble are:

1) Osten is gone; they were closely allied.

2) Darrah said she's allied with two other people. Andrew wanted her out after Lill, so it's unlikely he's in her alliance. She was holding hands with Ryan O. at the last TC, so likely he is one of the two, and the other is Tijuana.

If these three are allied, and they can't vote for the returnee at the next TC, they'll vote for Andrew. That would be enough to get him out.

3) If Lillian comes back to Morgan, she may have it in for him, since he arranged her ouster -- especially since we know he's going to be less than thrilled to have her back. So she might vote for him as well.

4) No spoilers ever surfaced about Andrew going far. Snewser at first had Andrew as neutral, then later upgraded him saying that he'd gotten a clue that Andrew might make the jury, but was trying to confirm it. I gather he wasn't able to.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-03, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
BR, I agree. I think Ryan O and T are aligned more strongly that Andrew and Ryno. I'm not sure yet who I think will come back to Morgan, but Lil would be out for Andy, and if a Drake goes over to Morgan from the GT, they may see Andy as the "leader" threat, so I think Andy is vulnerable.

Also, Jiffy stated that the GT members would be immune to IC, so it should not be a surprise to either tribe that a merge will not happen until after the next TC.

Changing the face of the game could simply be that the GT votees go back to different tribes, or that Andy, the leader will not be there for the merge. I'm not too picky on what this statement from Jiffy means, as they are normally sensationalized.

No, I don't think that tribes will be mixed up during the RC to form new tribes before the next TC, only to merge the next episode, but that would be a twist.

11-04-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Volsfan, as Brownroach explained the VicVega Spoiler was the source of the “Ryan goes because of the switch” rumor. While I agree that most of it was conjecture, I still believe there may be something to it…

As Brownroach points out Ryan’s comment that he “didn’t care for the Drake women” suggests that he makes it to the merge where he interacts with the Drake women. There is reason to believe Ryan goes in EP8, after Andrew. EP8 is also when the merge is reported to take place…

So, we might still speculate that the event (“switch/swap”) that VicVega reported would lead to Ryan’s demise, turns out to be the tribal merge,( which Vicvega mistakenly assumed was an EP5 or EP6 swap.)…in addition, the Drake women that Ryan didn’t care for are the same women that may very well organize his boot in EP8…Christa and Sandra.

As for Andrew, Brownroach has done a fine job explaining why Andrew is in trouble...

However, I’m in the camp that believes Burton goes to Morgan, making all Andrew’s reasons for the booting Lillian moot…the other Morgan need not break their “promise” to vote off Lil and HE suddenly becomes the target of Darrah’s alliance with Ryan and Tijuana, while Burton is kept around as a challenge asset, or shield/target in the event of a merge.

Krautboy

11-04-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Nice analysis KB, as usual, you are one of my favorite spoilers that I enjoy reading what you have to say each week, our thoughts are usually very similar!

I do disagree with you on one thing you said above:

However, I’m in the camp that believes Burton goes to Morgan, making all Andrew’s reasons for the booting Lillian moot…the other Morgan need not break their “promise” to vote off Lil and HE suddenly becomes the target of Darrah’s alliance with Ryan and Tijuana, while Burton is kept around as a challenge asset, or shield/target in the event of a merge.

In the last episode he made his tribe promise not to let ANY of the outcasts get a foothold in their tribe, that none of them deserve to be in the game. He never singled Lil out at all. He said the next chance they get they would be voting for whoever the outcast was.

Keep writing those great summaries!!!!!

11-04-03, 10:51 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Hi KOFan! (Thanks, but the summaries are just that, summaries of all the great spoiling that everyone contributes!)

>In the last episode he made
>his tribe promise not to
>let ANY of the outcasts
>get a foothold in their
>tribe, that none of them
>deserve to be in the
>game. He never singled
>Lil out at all.
>He said the next chance
>they get they would be
>voting for whoever the outcast
>was.

Yeah, you're right, he never singled out Lil, but I got the impression from the editing that Andrew assumed a former Morgan (either Ryan or Lil) would be returning to Morgan...just like Sandra was edited expecting Burton to return to Drake. Therefore they probably don't...

It really doesn't matter since Burton and Lil both have immunity. Regardless who ends up on Morgan, they will undoubtably join with the Ryan/Tijuana/Darrah alliance to vote for the only other person they can...Andrew.

Krautboy

11-04-03, 08:26 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
Brownroach...THANK YOU SO MUCH. For some reason my mind wasn't with everyone else on this one. The things you write really make me worried cause Andrew is one my favorites!

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Lillian's wedding"
On Lillian's yahoo insider chat, she said winning that challenge was like a "wedding", could it be that Lillian takes part in her first challenge victory, feeling like a "wedding"?

lojik98 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lojik98 Click to send private message to lojik98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
I'm not sure about what the Unexpected Game change could be, but I dont think it's got anything to do with that picture. All that picture looks like to me is that Andrew's Morgan buff is turned so that the survivor logo is up in that direction. With that said, I do feel that there will be a buff trade before there will be a merge. I just don't think it happens now.

11-04-03, 08:47 PM (EST)
50. " Unexpected game change: Delayed Merge"
After reading through all the wonderful speculation in this thread, the simplest explanation makes the most sense...

The tribes are expecting a merge, but they don't get one. We haven't had a merge delayed an entire episode before, so the unexpected game change is nothing more than a delayed merge...

Krautboy

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "wasn't S5 Delayed?"
I thought the merge was Delayed in S5, resulting in the Shi Ann ouster.

In S5 the Tribes were given a communal camp, but the tribes weren't actually merged until they were down to 9 players I think.

So, would delaying the merge really change the game? It's already been done.

Having said that, I guess it's a little different if this time they don't even move to a communal camp. I suppose that would put extra pressure on the players that didn't occur in S5 when the THOUGHT they had merged.

Leaving them seperate plays a little different mind game than it did in S5. This also plays into Ruperts comment that there are no guarantees, "there may not even be a merge".

It's probably a minor point, but thought I'd ask anyways.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-05-03, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: wasn't S5 Delayed?"
Actually, the merge was delayed for two episodes. After Shii Ann was the last non-jury boot, the losers voted off Erin, the first jury member never to have been in the merged tribe.

Thye merged at eight, giving Brian's tribe (I can't remember those tribe names - sorry!) the opportunity to pick off the other three at leisure.

11-05-03, 11:18 PM (EST)
59. "RE: wasn't S5 Delayed?"
FYI- it was Chuay Ghan and Sook Jai for S5 tribes pre-merge.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Unexpected Game Change?"
What makes sense to me is this, we all know that the 2 returners (Lil and Burt) will be drawing buff from the bowl. Why not have everyone draw new buffs? They live together 3 days and in that time they are told to pack up their gear because in 3 days they are going to a new island for a wedding.
They think merge, but are told up front this isn't a merge, you'll just be "living in sin". This is sort of like Thialand, but different enough in that they know they are separate from the beginning, and the "swap" has just taken place which throws alliances out the window.

Feel free to shoot me down.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •