The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Outcasts under gag order form the time of the challenge to the TC voting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Outcasts under gag order form the time of the challenge to the TC voting"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

Some more misc. tidbits from the conference call. The challenge happens about 11AM. The Outcast Tribal Council was at about 10:30PM, the last one of the day.

During all the time inbetween, the outcasts were not allowed to talk to each other at all. All their voting strategy attempts will be shown during the tribal council... and episode 7B will open right at the Outcast Tribal Council.

Burnett was pointedly asked if this was the last we'd ever see of the Outcasts or if other future bootees would have a chance to reutrn to the game and the question seemed to stump him and not be something he wanted to answer... he started carrying on about "ruining the possible drama" and how "you know Joey isn't going to get killed on Friends next week" and how that's part of the attraction to Survvior, but clearly the answer seems to be YES, everyone else is gone for good, he just didn't want to admit it.

He did say that the other 4 current Outcast members who don't get in are gone for good.

I'll add more stuff later... I got 5 pages of notes to write up, but I think that's most of the big news -- most of the rest was just reporters questoining whether it was really fair to let these folks compete, is Survivor now "following" the reality TV crowd instead of "leading," etc.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Outcasts under gag order form t... smiley 10-31-03 1
 Answer AyaK 10-31-03 2
   RE: Answer VerucaSalt 10-31-03 3
       RE: Answer LeftPinky 10-31-03 4
           RE: Answer wendyp 10-31-03 5
       RE: Answer Blow by Blow 10-31-03 6
           RE: Answer rich hatch not 10-31-03 8
               Keith was the one he dumped... anotherkim 11-01-03 9
       RE: Answer frisky 10-31-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-31-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Outcasts under gag order form the time of the challenge to the TC voting"
At least that makes the voting "in" more even.

Thanks webby for taking notes. I will be interested to read the rest of your notes

As for me....the whole return of voted out players suxs. It ruins the whole premise of survivor. Ho hum...

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Answer"
Following instead of leading? I thought this was a brilliant twist, and not at all derivative.

This isn't letting two people who sat on their butts the whole time be contestants in the final vote, a la Love Cruise. Instead, it was a competition. Yeah, the "Ghost Tribe" had an advantage in the competition. So what? One thing it does, though, is mess up people's expectations from now on. What might come next? A three-way competition in which the entire losing tribe goes home? Maybe.

Look, after Richard Hatch, everyone knew the strategy to win this game. What Mark Burnett has done, by his "tribe swap" twists in S3 and S4 and the "ghost tribe" twist here, is mess up that strategy. To me, that's brilliant.

The twist in S5 and S6 was initial tribe selection. But the game didn't change from S3 and S4. Result: boredom. Once the game changes, though, things pick up.

The ratings speak for themselves: on the FIRST day of the November sweeps, Survivor beats a new Friends episode for the first time in over 2 years. Way to go, Mark.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-31-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Answer"
From JohnnyTheKIng

In a conference call with reporters, Survivor creator Mark Burnett confirmed today that the finale for Survivor: Pearl Islands will broadcast live on December 14th from Panama City. It will take place outdoors, will air from 8-10:00 EDT; with the wrap up show hosted by Jeff Probst immediately following at 10PM EDT.

Here are some highlights:

The twist was planned before the game.

The outcasts were told immediately after being voted out that they would go back into the game to compete for a reward challenge--they didn't know the reward was to join tribes again.

The outcasts will vote two people back into the game after making cases for themselves at Tribal Council. The two voted back into the game will pull buffs out of an urn to decide who goes to which tribe. The outcast will have had absolutely no time to talk/politick to each other to get back into the game. As soon as the challenge ended they were told not to talk until Tribal Council that night. They all want to vote someone in who can win and he described the process as "fascinating."

There will be no recap episode this season due to this two-part "What the...?" episode.

Burnett does not care about spoiling on the Internet since the show has 20 million viewers and most of those people have "normal lives." He said it does not affect the ratings at all. (That is actually true.)

The producers did not know that Drake was going to throw the chess challenge and therefore did not purposely make that challenge the kidnap reward. Meaning a Morgan would have gone to Drake if Drake had won.

Burnett confirmed that the four outcasts who are not voted back into Tribes in the next episode are out of the game for good. He did not rule out future bootees coming back.

All-stars will be revealed after January 1st, 2004. Survivor 8 will begin airing in late January/early February. They don't want the All-Stars to shadow the Pearl Islands season.

Burnett supports Jeff's decision to not have Morgan vote and to lay down Osten's torch separately from the other's.

Burnett says the twist was inspired by his research for the show. Watching several old and new pirate moves, from Erol Flynn to Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean" he says he was intrigued by the pirates who were cast off and left for dead.

Is it only a little odd to me that Burnett used movies as his research and not books? People researching actual events via fictional movies just may be the sign of the apocalypse.

When asked if this latest twist which has also been used on Big Brother and other reality shows would cheapen the Survivor franchise he said he's never watched Big Brother and again stated that he came up with the idea researching for the season. The thing he fears most in the game is complacency among the castaways and stressed that throwing twists at them is a must. The first twist--when they shook up the tribes in Africa--was actually thought up a season before while they were filming Outback.

We also learned that there will likely not be any non-Americans in the game anytime soon. Burnett says he'd love to throw an Australian, a Canadian and a Brit in there but they are different legal issues in each country so it's not likely to happen.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-31-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Answer"
Pull buffs out of an urn.... Interesting, so there isn't any preset "vote in one Morgan to go to Drake or vice versa" it's luck of the draw... hmmmm

Also interesting that the wrap show will be in Panama... Jiffy may still be there wrapping up S8 with the All Stars...

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-31-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Answer"
Recap in Panama...wow I guess we will not see alot of family at the show this time as that would be a big expense! Wonders if they will make the jury stay in their old nasty clothes or do they get their clothes once booted?

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-31-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Answer"
Thanks for putting this together. I found a few things interesting:

>The outcasts were told immediately after being voted out that they would go back into the game to compete for a reward challenge--they didn't know the reward was to join tribes again.
By immediately, does that mean before making their final remarks or after? I would guess after.

>The two voted
>back into the game will
>pull buffs out of an
>urn to decide who goes
>to which tribe.
Good, I like random chance playing a part in the game.

>They all want to vote someone in who can win and he described the process as "fascinating."
Yeah. I wonder how much time they're going to dedicate to this. I mean, four of the six are gone for good after it's over, so do I really want to spend time hearing what Nicole or RyanS have to say for themselves?

>Burnett does not care about spoiling
>on the Internet
Gee, does this mean people will stop posting, "MB is doing this just to mess with us.

>The producers did not know that
>Drake was going to throw
>the chess challenge and therefore
>did not purposely make that
>challenge the kidnap reward. Meaning
>a Morgan would have gone
>to Drake if Drake had
>won.
I find this really hard to believe. But okay. I love the idea of Osten spending time at Drake.

>Burnett says the twist was inspired
>by his research for the
>show. Watching several old and
>new pirate moves, from Erol
>Flynn to Johnny Depp in
>"Pirates of the Caribbean" he
>says he was intrigued by
>the pirates who were cast
>off and left for dead.
Okay, whatever. Intrigued?

>Is it only a little odd
>to me that Burnett used
>movies as his research and
>not books?
It's not too odd. People go to movies to be entertained by the plot twists and drama - the same reason they watch Survivor. So it makes sense that he uses movies as a source for twists and themes. But let me just say, no one over the age of seven should have been surprised by any of the "twists" in Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'll bet the producers of Friends are bumming that they didn't need to call a press conference to explain their show.

rich hatch not 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rich%20hatch%20not Click to send private message to rich%20hatch%20not Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Answer"

I beleive Burnett when he says that they did not purposely make the kidnapping the reward for that challenge. Being that this Survivor is a pirate theme the kidnapping makes total sense. I think that they were lucky that Ruppert was the one chosen becuase it made it much more interesting.

on a side note: If the rumours are true that Darrah wins I may have to stop watching Survivor. The girl is a bland as cardboard. In six Survivors only three people deservenly won:
Rich Hatch, Ethan and Brian

Vecepia was a joke, Colby was an idiot for even giving Tina the chance and Jenna was ridiculous. She won purely on pity for her mom. That Matt did not win blew my mind away. There were plenty of good women who played this game and Tina did well. She should have never been in the final two but Colby was just plain stupid. He was probably the only person who truly entered Survivor and did NOT care about the million bucks because if he did he would have brought that other guy ( Jeff ?) with him to the finals

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Keith was the one he dumped..."

and just remember, Tina was instrumental in Colby getting to the final two in her own way. He had to have a voting bloc. She was a sure vote his way every time. She could have had him out at any time by saying, "IC threat" and Keith, Roger and Elizabeth would have gone right along with her.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--besides, he might not have made commercials if he'd won the money .

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Answer"
>Burnett does not care about spoiling on the Internet since the show has 20 million viewers and most of those people have "normal lives."

I'm insulted, but then...

If he didn't care, then he wouldn't have added the little dig about how we don't have "normal lives." I will sleep well tonight knowing that we obviously bug the crap about him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •