The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Congrats to Shavonda...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-02-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Congrats to Shavonda...."
...for showing a lot of courage and overcoming her fear of 4 year old retards in wheelchairs. She is a true American hero!

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Congrats to Shavonda.... volsfan 12-02-04 1
   RE: Congrats to Shavonda.... reversehalo 12-02-04 2
       RE: Congrats to Shavonda.... volsfan 12-02-04 3
           RE: Congrats to Shavonda.... reversehalo 12-02-04 4
       RE: Congrats to Shavonda.... DaveThe Dude 12-02-04 5
           RE: Congrats to Shavonda.... ginger 12-03-04 6
               You? volsfan 12-03-04 7
                   I see whe Vonda is coming from... FlamingCactusIT 12-04-04 8
                       Hey Cactus... shakes the clown 12-04-04 9
                           RE: Hey Cactus... DaveThe Dude 12-04-04 10
                       RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... Tahj 12-05-04 11
                           RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... DaveThe Dude 12-05-04 12
                               RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... Tahj 12-06-04 13
                                   RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... reversehalo 12-06-04 14
                                       RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... trudy 12-06-04 15
                                           RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... Tahj 12-06-04 16
                                               RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... reversehalo 12-06-04 17
                                                   RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from.... batts 12-07-04 18
 A new challenge idea.. Mon Cherie 12-09-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-04, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Congrats to Shavonda...."
WOW! Shakes has made an appearance!

Yeah, Shakes...it took a lot of courage and many nights of counseling but she overcame her fear! I hope she can adjust to her new found life!

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-02-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Congrats to Shavonda...."
I don't think Shavonda overcame any "fear", I didn't see her get within 10 feet of the little girl. Maybe she thought the little girl was going to jump up out of her wheelchair and steal her swing. Shavonda has really panned out to be an immature psycho.

12-02-04, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Congrats to Shavonda...."
I was totally being sarcastic here!

12-02-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Congrats to Shavonda...."
I knew you were being sarcastic-just adding my 2 cents.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-02-04, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Congrats to Shavonda...."
>I don't think Shavonda overcame any
>"fear", I didn't see her
>get within 10 feet of
>the little girl.
>Maybe she thought the little
>girl was going to jump
>up out of her wheelchair
>and steal her swing. Shavonda
>has really panned out to
>be an immature psycho.

Shavonda an "immature psycho?" Why be so nice to her? These two terms merely scratch the surface of her shortcomings. I try to watch this show to be entertained, not to be disgusted.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Congrats to Shavonda...."
Hey, leave poor Shavonda alone! A lot of people are scared of disabled children ... those gleaming wheelchair spokes! Those menacing canes and leg braces! The devious way they smile and enjoy the Special Olympics, lulling you into a false sense of security before they gang up on you in the parking lot!

She gives JAPs/BAPs a bad name. And I'm at least one of those.

12-03-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
7. "You?"
Crack me up on a daily basis!

THANK YOU!

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-04-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
As Shavonda clearly stated in the early part of the episode, she had a traumatizing experience when she was a young child and was scarred for life by this. I actually share the fear of the MENTALLY RETARDED, but no other kinds of disabled people, due to scary experience at a very young age.

When I was in 5th grade I was walking home from school and a Merry Maid was hired to clean up my house before a Christmas Party a few days later. Little did I know that the Maid's sister was mentally retarded and that she had brought her along so she would stay out of trouble. I opened my front door and heard strange noises coming from the living room of my house. I walked in and saw her sister sitting on the couch. I didn't know who she was or what a mentally retarded person was. I ran out the door screaming in fear and went to my friend's house to tell them what happened. The day has scarred me for Life and made me uncomfortable around the Retarded.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-04-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Hey Cactus..."
...the only one retarded in that story is you.

Scarred for life by seeing a retarded kid when you're five??? That's even dumber than the load of crap Shavonda was saying on the show.

All that does is show what a pathetic, weak and useless person you are if you are still affected by that as an adult.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

12-04-04, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hey Cactus..."
I think the problem is the attitudes being forced on us by "the MTV generation." What I mean is, in this day and age we are expected to sympathize with and/or condone any and all kinds of idiotic or ridiculous behavior. 300 pounds overweight and still consuming 20,000 calories per day? Hey, no problem. Fat is beautiful! Wanna get breast implants for your graduation present rather than a trip to the seashore? Hey, bigger is better, right? A moral degenerate, or someone with all kinds of weird or illegal sexual ideas? Hey, we gotta accept everyone, don't ya know? Don't wanna work but expect the government to support you? Hey, no biggee. Want to cheat on your wife, boyfriend, or significant other because you can't control yourself when you're drunk? Well, gosh, who needs commitment? Traumatized by seeing someone with a low IQ? Goodness, that's enough to screw you up for life! Don't want to show up for work on time? Good grief! Why don't YOU understand that I like to sleep? It goes on and on.......

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-05-04, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
I agree with you Cactus. Shavonda shouldn't be demonized for expressing her fear, irrational as it may be. She didn't have to say anything at all and no one would have been the wiser. I appreciate her honesty. At least she has the courage to express it. She doesn't deserve the critcism she is getting here...AT ALL. Some people seem to love to prey on people's weaknesses and it says a lot more about them than it does her.

12-05-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
Be serious. If Shavonda had an ounce of courage she wouldn't be scared of a little kid with a disability. We have to stop encouraging and condoning idiotic behavior like Shavonda's. Being scared of Rattlesnakes, or guns, or tall heights is one thing. Being scared of a little innocent kid who is sick (like Frankie in San Diego being allegedly scared of big ships)is just plain stupid.

12-06-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
Who are you to say what someone should and shouldn't be afraid of? People have irrational fears about a lot of things. She is uncomfortable being around people with disabilities. Lots of people are but would never admit it. She didn't do anything inappropriate or act out in any way. She simply stated a fear she had and everyone acts like she abused the kid in some way. She didn't. You are the ones who should get over it for blowing it way out of proportion and making it a bigger deal than it is.

12-06-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
I understand that some people are uncomfortable around people with mental disablities. I have a son with Down Syndrome so I have experienced people like Shavonda first hand. It didn't bother me that she didn't want to be around disabled kids what bothered me was her obvious avoidance of the little girl when she was suppose to be her sponser/helper/chaperone. I know her negative attitude had to affect that family on what was suppose to be a special day for them. If it was beyound her to step up and face her "fear" then she should have taken herself out of the situation. That little girl deserved a lot better.

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
What if the words "*(sub any race you care to here)","men", "elderly", "** (sub any religion here)*, "clowns", "smokers (or non)", etc. were substituted for "disabled". Would that be ok? Wouldn't she at least be guilty of prejudice? Why is this any different? Avoiding whole groups of people that are diffent than you is prejudice. Being scared of heights is fear.

The real ? is why any of us would expect anything other than 100% drivel to come out of her mouth anyways.

12-06-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
Shavonda said the grandmother came up to her and said "Thank you so much!" I doubt the family or little girl felt ignored by her. The little girl was already getting so much attention I doubt she even noticed Shavonda.

Everyone tends to avoid situations which make them uncomfortable whether it be groups or anything else. The more exposed someone is to the group or situation, the more comfortable they become, which is what happened with Shavonda, plain and simple.

12-06-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
Thanked her for what? All I saw her do was take a picture. I'm sure the little girl didn't notice Shavonda seeing how she kept her distance.

I will say that Shavonda has been getting a rough edit. She really has been coming across like a b###h. I hope it is just the editing but I'm going on what is being shown.

Tahj, we see this issue from two totally differnt points of view and I'm going to leave it at that.

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-07-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I see whe Vonda is coming from..."
Hey Dave...... I can understand Frankies fear of big ships. Actually....... (I hesitate to say this on Shakes thread) I dont fear big ships but for some reason, its just hard to look at them. Its some kind of overwhelming sensation that feels like, well it feels like my head is fixing to be chopped off. Its a dizzying horrible feeling I get when looking at a big ship floating on the water. This didnt keep me from enjoying a Norwegian cruise several years ago. And no, I dont get sea sick. My point is...... its just a psychological thing .... like Shavondas 'fear' of retarded kids. Its hard for me to understand why someone would have such a fear, but its there. I dont run and freak out when I see a big ship like Frankie, I just DONT LOOK. If I were to look at a ship on the water for more than 10 seconds, I would probably get very sick. Shavondas fear of mentally challenged kids is dumb..... but so is me and Frankies shipophobia lol.............

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-09-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "A new challenge idea.."
Put Frankiestein and Shavonduh on a big boat with kids from the Special Olympics and see who lasts the longest. Anyone want to take the over/under on that?

Peace on Earth.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •