The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"All American Girl"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-12-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"All American Girl"
Anyone else check this horrible show out? I feel embarrassed as an American citizen for them to have used the name "American" in the title of the show. I cannot express how horrible this show really is, lol...but I managed to hang in there for both hours, thanks to plenty of emotional support from my friends and family, who were also exposed to this torture. The only bright spot in the night was American Idol rejects, I saw at least three, the only one making it far was Carrie Hunt, the girl from Valencia, CA who sang "God Bless America" and made it through to the second round. Guess that was as far as she made it, though. She did pretty well on this show, which showcased F-list celebrity judges judging girls who would have never even made it to the second round of AI....and the hilarious thing is, the judges actually thought they were good singers! This show makes me appreciate Simon and Randy much more than I already did. No surprise, "19 Productions" had to do with this show....and I'm sure that is how they contacted the AI rejects. I thought Disney was a better company than to back a show like this......

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: All American Girl SurvivorBlows 03-13-03 1
 RE: All American Girl wildchickenhunter 03-13-03 2
 RE: All American Girl Schnookie Palookie 03-13-03 3
 RE: All American Girl weltek 03-13-03 4
   Ummmm - crap! wildchickenhunter 03-13-03 5
       RE: Ummmm - crap! weltek 03-13-03 6
       RE: Ummmm - crap! ejm92 03-13-03 7
           RE: Ummmm - bikinis! wildchickenhunter 03-13-03 8
 RE: All American Girl AMAI 03-14-03 9
   RE: All American Girl managerr 03-14-03 10
       RE: All American Girl AMAI 03-15-03 11
   RE: All American Girl Kokoro 03-15-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-03, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: All American Girl"
I drew the line on this thing and took a pass, I reported a few articles on it and I still have no idea who you "win" the thing:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=54

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-13-03, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: All American Girl"
I missed it too! I thought it was going to be more of a T&A type show though. What is it actually about? Are they going to do anything worth watching like - wet t-shirt, thongs anything? Anyway - after 'I thought I was a celebrity. Give me money." Cooker says we have reached our quota on reality trash TV for the year. I think the only thing I am allowed to watch is TAR, Survivor and MOLE.
Oh well!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-03, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: All American Girl"
I watched it. I still can't figure it out as I was doing other things so really didn't focus too much. Was funny when they showed the "rejects" at the beginning. One girl is asked ... What 2 countries border USA? The girl answers Spain. LOL I don't think I'll be watching any more of this one.

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: All American Girl"
I kept flipping to it in hopes that it would eventually draw me in, but it didn't. The judges are crap, most of the girls are crap, the plot is crap, and the producing is crap. If you haven't seen it yet, don't waste your time.

03-13-03, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Ummmm - crap!"
Weltec, why did you have to make it sound soooooooo good. I mean, come on! I am well known for watching CRAP on TV. H*ll, if it's crappy, I'll watch. How am I going to resist watching this piece of crap after you give it such glowing reviews?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ummmm - crap!"
Hah! Enjoy, Hunter! I should certainly meet your expectations! But remember, it's not crap like Joe Millionaire, it's really, really bottom of the barrel.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ummmm - crap!"
Plenty of "T&A", of course they are searching for a girl....there was a long atheletic competition where they were running around in bikinis, so I'm sure you would have enjoyed that, wch.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

03-13-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ummmm - bikinis!"
Now we are getting down to prime time programming.I am going to have to record this and watch it after Cooker goes to bed.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: All American Girl"
Yes, I watched it. (Sigh.)

And I wrote a recap of it. (Sigh.)

But it doesn't sound like there's much interest here. Let me know if you want to read about the show in great detail.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-14-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: All American Girl"
This show got lower ratings than "I'm a Celebrity! Get me out of here!" Sad.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-15-03, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: All American Girl"
There are just too many of these shows, managerr.

I watched that one too. It got a bit more interesting once they started getting booted, and I found myself drawn in, almost against my will.

That's what's sad.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-03, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: All American Girl"
All recaps are very welcome, especially if they happen to give all the gruesome details on a terrible show like this one (or as it sounds to be, since I haven't seen it ;)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •