The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"News conference tomorrow"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-30-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"News conference tomorrow"
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but in the Washington Post today, there was a blurb about how tonight's Survivor was so huge that there would be a press conference tomorrow to discuss.

Anyone else see this?
Cin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Here's the blurb FesterFan1 10-30-03 1
   RE: Here's the blurb pmspml5 10-30-03 2
   Channel 9 at 8? Brownroach 10-30-03 5
       RE: Channel 9 at 8? FesterFan1 10-30-03 7
           RE: Channel 9 at 8? Brownroach 10-30-03 9
   RE: Here's the blurb SurvivorBlows 10-30-03 6
       RE: Here's the blurb FesterFan1 10-30-03 8
           RE: Here's the blurb Devious Weasel 10-30-03 10
 RE: News conference tomorrow pdragonfly 10-30-03 3
 Here's another blurb... udg 10-30-03 4
 RE: News conference tomorrow Acawap 10-30-03 11
   RE: News conference tomorrow Round Robin 10-30-03 12
   RE: News conference tomorrow mistofleas 10-30-03 13
 I assume that... KingMob 10-30-03 14
   RE: I assume that... FSUGUY 10-31-03 17
 RE: News conference tomorrow Drive My Car 10-31-03 15
   RE: News conference tomorrow SurvivorBlows 10-31-03 16
 RE: News conference tomorrow SurvivorBlows 10-31-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Here's the blurb"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-03 AT 01:01 PM (EST)

Survivor: Pearl Islands (CC). CBS says something so spectacular happens on tonight's episode that a conference call with TV reporters has been scheduled tomorrow to discuss it (Channel 9 at 8).

This is from the TV Highlights page. Webby could probably answer whether this is significant or just filler.

Fester

Edit: link added

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Here's the blurb"
Really - tomorrow what time???? They didnt even have that when Mike got hurt do you think something really bad happens? or are they just hyping it up for ratings?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Channel 9 at 8?"
This looks like a blurb for the series episode, with Channel 9 a misprint for Channel 2.

I don't think the "conference call" is going to be aired anywhere. It'll just be staged to get the episode written up all over the place after the fact.

10-30-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Channel 9 at 8?"
WUSA channel 9 is the local CBS affiliate in DC, BR. It is just a blurb for the series episode, but it's not a misprint.

Fester

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Channel 9 at 8?"
Oops, my bad.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Here's the blurb"
> Webby could probably
>answer whether this is significant
>or just filler.

There is a conference call with Burnett tomorrow afternoon. My experience is they only tend to have then before a season's premiere and before a season finale, so who knows why they think there's a need -- perhaps they are sensing the buzz that the viewers aren't too happy with the "return to the game" twist.

Or perhaps they are using it as a cover to begin talking about the All-Star edition which starts filming very soon.

10-30-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Here's the blurb"
Or perhaps they are using it as a cover to begin talking about the All-Star edition which starts filming very soon.

That's what I was wondering, too. Since the All-Stars supposedly left today for Panama, MB may want to get a jump on the Spoilers by giving up the cast. The timing works out nicely with the "twist" to talk about. Honestly, is there that much to talk about with the twist?

Fester

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Here's the blurb"
What do you mean? Chubby Checker has made a career out of it.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: News conference tomorrow"
I'm wondering if its more about generating interest in the show since Survivor and Friends have been going head to head for so long?

Or maybe its to apologize to the public after the big let down from tonights show. They sure are playing this up a LOT. I can't ever imagine MB living up to my expectations, let alone everyone elses.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Here's another blurb..."
Not sure that there's much (if any) spoiler value, but here it is, FWIW.

...Before all of that, "Survivor" is pulling a two-episode stunt with "the curse of the Pearl Islands," another gem dreamt up in CBS's marketing department. That starts tonight at 8 with a couple of cannon blasts from the past. Next week there's supposed to be a wedding. (Please, don't make Jon the groom.)...
(http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/146012_tv30.html)

--
UDG

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: News conference tomorrow"
Maybe something really happens (the big Regret) that we haven't considered. Maybe Osten goes crazy and kills somebody besides a pelican, forcing him to leave, and an extra ghostie to return.

Violence on the show could be cause for a news conference.

ahhh... wishful thinking!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-03, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: News conference tomorrow"
If there had been violence, it would have gotten out by now and would have been spoiled here. These people are too good for anything like that to slip by.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: News conference tomorrow"
Osten goes crazy and kills somebody besides a pelican,

Acawap...*said in the stern mother kind of voice*

Don't make me come over there!

--D.T.A.P

KingMob 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-30-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingMob Click to send private message to KingMob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "I assume that..."
... the conference is about Osten.

The fact that he was not granted any final words might mean that MB is really pissed at him and that something happened.

And if I'm not wrong the shooting of S8 starts this weekend, so maybe MB will announce the cast before flying back to Panama...

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-31-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I assume that..."
Maybe they put Osten on the ALL STAR edition!

================================>
** I know how to use this thing **

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: News conference tomorrow"

Will the conference be on the Early Show?

10-31-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: News conference tomorrow"
>Will the conference be on the
>Early Show?

No... it's a media telephone press conference, not anything for the public. Network's have them all the time, hell, CBS is having another one with Andy Griffith to plug "Back To Mayberry" next week.

10-31-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: News conference tomorrow"
Just an FYI that I just got back from a client meeting and should be able to make the call... if there's anything other than the usual gibberish I'll be sure and post about it.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •