The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-28-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-03 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 11:58 PM (EST)

Episode Seven

What the ???

State of the Spoiling? Total disarray.

I’ve been combing the spoiler boards for vital information, and you people are unceasingly obsessed over stupid things like ghosts and challenges and revived castaways and other drivel such as lies, regrets and twists. Not one thread devoted to the important questions that hover over Survivor, E-piss-ode Seven Eh?.
Questions such as:

1. What will Rupert do with Jon’s body parts, and will this affect “Everybody Loves Rupert of the Jungle,” his mid-season replacement CBS sitcom?

2. Wha waeh twapicaw disees is swowy tuning Chwista into a sooba-uman poka-dobbed baw ub snot?

3. Do all Joisey girls swallow as well as Michelle?

4. Since Darrah has the chest of a 14-year-old boy, what were they blurring?

5. Where, exactly, are Osten’s testicles?

Maybe these questions are only important to me. Maybe Big Lies and Big Twists and Big Regrets are interesting to some of you. Maybe they shouldn’t let me wander away from Bashers. I will try to control myself. But no promises.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Much of this week’s discussion has been in The G/D/M Challenge, which some purists probably regard as The G’ddamn Challenge.
In this thread, we attempt to unravel the mysteries of the three-cage monte. Who’s tied to what, and why are they digging holes? There are vidcaps galore. The consensus is that the Post-Ghosties win the challenge, and some re-enter the game. But who, how many and can they still win the million bucks? What the ??? is going on?!?

Once you’ve been driven insane in that thread, you might want to click on over to Returning Winners? where our very own bad egg, Veruca Salt, has pirated some info from TDT and Survivor Phoenix. These other sites are saying that the Ghosties get one shot at returning. The Ghosties will win the bamboo cage match event, forcing both Drake and Morgan to eliminate a player. The Ghosties then elect two players for revival. Our own posters follow up with speculation about who the ghosts vote back into the game. Burton and Lillian are the apparent choices. This thread may help to restore your sanity, but it will not restore Nicole’s underwear.

When you’ve reached this point of the SOTS, you are well into Big Regret.
Shout M----F----!!, which can only mean “MistoFleas!!”

Misto’s epic Big Lie, Big Twist, Big Regret is now in it’s fourth edition, and the discussion has currently centered around Osten, and if his weakness is an act, making him the Big Liar. Or if he actually quits the game, making that the Big Regret. Of course, there is also an entertaining notion that Rupert Boneham is actually British actor Robbie Coltrane (Harry Potter’s Hagrid). My own opinion: The big lie is that Osten has testicles. Misto’s thread has links back to the previous epics, sort of like the Harry Potter books. Can’t wait to see if Nicole Kidman plays Misto in the movie.

Also in that thread is Jeffy’s announcement that the Big Regret happens this week. He was on the Ellen Degenerate Show Tuesday and spake thusly:

Ellen: So, now tell me about what's going with Survivor right now?
Jeff: Survivor is ... We're out in the Pearl Islands. The whole theme this season is piracy and this week is ... if you are a Survivor fan, a huge week. Because it's a really big twist and it sort of changes the game. It seems so silly sometimes to be talking about it with such reverence, but, you know, it's a Reality show and we put in a really cool twist this time. And there's a guy that does something. You know, this is a show about human nature and about how you react in stressful situations.

Ellen: Yes.
Jeff: And there's a guy this week that, that ... something happens that I think they're going to regret for a long, long time.

Ellen: Really?
Jeff: Yeah. And, I think it's one of those things, when you watch the show and you're seeing real people make decisions that, that may, that may haunt them for a while.

Aethelstan has moved beyond the cage (thinking outside the box?) to speculate on the Boot of the week. Lots of reasons to think Shawn, Osten and Ryno are in trouble, but who really knows if anyone gets booted this week? Edited to add this: The Early Show promises to have the latest castoff. Of course, that could just be some cut and paste copy from every Friday's Early Show listing. Or they could have two folks.

Devious Weasel has raised the question of whether this “Very Special Episode” covers three days, or six days. The other basic question: If there is a tribal council at the end of Part 1, is it really a two-part episode? Click here if you aren’t already exhausted.

If you’ve done enough digging, and still haven’t escaped the cage, set your mind on See BS Misdirection Ep7 “What the…?”
This is where those brilliant network minds write things like this:

It's the first of a two-part episode full of surprises and revelations!

The Survivors thought they were ready for anything. But, when the twist to beat all twists takes them by surprise, they can do little but shudder as they learn the curse of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS.

A castaway makes a monumental decision.

The twist? Uh huh, gotcha. The monumental decision? Could be that Osten drops out, could be Andrew starts planning where to build a statue to his own brilliance. Could be Lil comes back into the game, and chooses to be a Drake (or a pelican.)

As for the Curse of the Pearl Islands, there is some other interesting info in that thread.

KlicK tells us that in Panama there is a legend of an entity called Tulivieja. She is so much a part of the culture that even today, children are given a mate (pronounced ma-tae), a charm made of red ribbon and coco bean dipped in gold to keep her away. Of course there are slight variations in the story, but for the most part the legend states that once way back in time, the spirits and the mortals could live together, see each other and recognize each other. Poster 1derfool also posted this in another thread, and somehow the full moon plays into this as well, and there was a full moon when these days were being filmed. Kudos to both for uncovering just the sort of native hoodoo that MB loves to exploit. More on the lore can be found here.

As for me, keep your ma-tae. I need a mai-tai right about now.

Esquire has raised the question Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge? and points out that the Ghosties have two old ladies, two weak young ladies, Burton and tent pole Ryan, who can at least slip through the bars in the cage. Of course, jaded veterans know any tribe can win any challenge… if MB decides they will.

Bebekid looks ahead to Part II of the Very Special Survivor, with "Part 2: One tribe hosts a wedding", another mind-boggling thread that pivots from a glorified merge to a Panamanian wedding party to Michelle’s sister’s actual wedding, to a couple of pelicans mating. The interesting words there seem to be “one tribe” which may indicate there is no merge yet.

Miscellaneous

Krautboy dips into the world of mathmatics with his Ep 6 Confessional Analysis. He uses a lot of big numbers (some higher than 7!) to tell us that Ryno is in big trouble. I don’t know what the hell he’s talking about, but he’s Krautboy, he’s smarter than me, he’s rarely if ever wrong, hence Ryno is toast.

Krautboy keeps going, dissecting Ryan as a victim of the “twist?” PheonixMons joins in to deflate any serious validity to the idea that Ryan is leaving in episode 6.

The preview video tag at the end of Ep 6 may have been superseded by the ghost tribe video, but props go out to Webby for his speedy delivery of the preview video caps. If nothing else, they verify the full moon. (No, not Darrah’s shower, but that was a full moon as well.)

Markopolo is a godsend with his weekly Survivor Insider post. This week we learn that Trish was too busy for a post-boot interview the next day. And Christa has 45 bug bites in each sinus.

Long Term spoilers

Rupert fans, take note of the thread Mrs. Rupert flies to Panama where we learn that Laura Boneham goes south for the family visit, and returns the next day. Also flying into Panama are Lillian's husband, Christa’s fiancé, Darrah’s boyfriend, and Burton’s mom. Presumably there are more family members , yet unidentified. If Lili's husband visitst, she's back from the dead. If Burton’s mom visits, he probably returns to the game. Does anyone want to see them snuggle in the back seat?

Raven is looking ahead with Post Ghost tribe Alliances which speculates on Andrew and Tijuana alliance and Sandra/Christa/Rupert alliances.

Trish’s CBS Chat contained a few tidbits about Shawn’s possible victory, Sandra’s mean streak, and Trish’s own 22-day stay out there. What the ??? does she mean, 22 days? Stay tuned, I guess.

Snewser. Nuff said. His checklist. His scorecard.

Hey, things change.

Be prepared for late updates, since we are dealing with the Very Special Episode from Hell.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ExInterper 10-28-03 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... aethelstan 10-28-03 2
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... VerucaSalt 10-28-03 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 10-28-03 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... jkokoj 10-28-03 5
 Great summary - but someone's going... Blow by Blow 10-28-03 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... LeftPinky 10-28-03 7
 Bravo!! Sexishelly 10-28-03 8
   RE: Bravo!! pdragonfly 10-28-03 9
 A Very Special SOTS forehead 10-28-03 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... rose 10-28-03 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... 1derfool 10-28-03 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 10-28-03 13
 LMAO! bobstew617 10-28-03 14
 Loved it! janisella 10-28-03 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Krautboy 10-28-03 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Bebo 10-29-03 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... mistofleas 10-29-03 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... DoodleBug 10-29-03 19
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... buckeyegirl 10-30-03 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bebekid 10-30-03 21
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 10-30-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-28-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

Wow....

That is one impressive SOTS. This has been such a confusing, convoluted and crazy week of spoiling, and you've managed to solidify it into order. At least now knowing what people are thinking will be easier, even if deciding what will actually happen won't be.

Three cheers for Team Joisey!

And the answer to Question 5? The pelican stole them.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Joisey, well done. Very thorough. Thanks for all the hard work especially for such an unusual episode.

I noticed that your DAW level was Reality Show Commentator.
How appropriate...

-aethelstan
Stoked that he gets indirectly quoted by Joisey

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-28-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

TJ, I am bowled over by your ability in making lemonade from way too many wacky lemons!

Bad egg? I am touched! In the Veruca world that is a really good thing!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Nice woik, Joisey! I'm glad I went before you rather than after.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Excellant summation and very witty too! Thank you.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Great summary - but someone's going home this week."
Great summary. Just wanted to add that TV Guide and Yahoo both say the Early Show this Friday has the latest castoff. Your reference to Aethelstan's post cast doubt on whether someone would get booted this week.

See the "Why Three Days" thread and this post in particular:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4289.shtml#18

-P

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Brilliant! Of course after all of this reading, I'm still out in right field????

Sexishelly 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-28-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexishelly Click to send private message to Sexishelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Bravo!!"
Excellent job on an extremely difficult week? I still have no idea who (or even if I need to) pick who will be voted off but all of the info is now at my fingertips.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bravo!!"
LOL Thanks for making it clear that my jumbled up brain has a source of confusion.

I remember living a quiet life looking forward to each episode and then discovered these boards. Life has become so complicated since - but fun.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "A Very Special SOTS"
Outstanding!

forehead

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Oy vay! Very well done Joisey.. I've got ep.10, I don't know if I can come close to your witticism and great sum-up..

*slaps* Joisey on the butt in a "job well done" Yankees way..

a wonderful kyngsladye original

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-28-03, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Great summary! Trouble is, it's still clear as mud to me. I can't figure out what's going to happen and who, if anyone, will be booted. The only thing I've gotten out of this coming episode is that it's going to have a major effect on all the Survivor episodes from here on in. I can see the S8 cast watching the show until they leave next week - imagine their surprise when they see the Big Twist? It will give them something to think about while they're on the island, how they interact, who and how they vote at the TC and maybe think twice before throwing a challenge. No chance of being complacent and expecting a normal timely merge, or normal anything for that matter.

I'm still so confuzzled about this week, my head is going to explode with all the theories.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-28-03, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Wow. I'm glad you had this week and not me. You did such a super job with such an insane week. And you even managed to get in some good, funny bashes. Great job!

Three is the perfect number.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-03, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "LMAO!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

TJ, you have one wicked sense of humor! Must be in the Jersey blood (or water supply)--as a born and bred NJer, I salute you. You had me mouth agape with your opening questions:

Wha waeh twapicaw disees is swowy tuning Chwista into a sooba-uman poka-dobbed baw ub snot? ELMER FUDD, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!

Do all Joisey girls swallow as well as Michelle? I'll plead the fifth here--ask my sisters

Where, exactly, are Osten’s testicles? Rupert speared them. Seriously, I doubt he was born with any.

Great job and thanks for representing the Garden State so well!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-03, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Loved it!"
What an enjoyable read. I still have no idea who to vote for, but the SOTS made me smile.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-28-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Nice piece of writing TJ! A great read, funny and educational...

I think you enjoyed writing it as much as I enjoyed reading it!

Thanks!

Krautboy

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
I hate you, TJ. How am I supposed to follow up an effort like this?

*smooch*

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
TJ baby love, fabulous job. You took a tough week and made it pure gold.

*smooch*

--is thinking of changing her sig line name to "M----F----!!"

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Outstanding! What a great piece of writing.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Simply Amazing my dear!! I *heart* your wit!!

~Where is 8:00 already?? 1 hour and 40 minutes to go

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-30-03, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
Two weeks in a row I'm mentioned in the SOTS. Wow!

Hilarious, TJ! Thanks for the laughs.

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-03, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 7A (A Very Special Survivor)"
You know at first I didn't like what I was seeing, but then I sat back and LMAO at several of your wonderful recaps, very nice job, and very thorough too. It not only tied things together in a nice neat bundle, it was entertaining as well!

Thanks Joisey!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •