The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lawbreaking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lawbreaking"
And another thing... I thought these people were supposed to obey the law. I seem to recall an episode in the original series where someone got penalized for speeding. Obviously this wasn't enforced this time around. But when people drive dangerously enough to spin off the road, you're pushing the limits.

It should be a rule, IMO, that you are also not permitted to bribe others to break the law either. It's a bit difficult to pin down; when you entice a cab driver with lots of cash but never actually tell him to break the law, are you responsible? Imagine what would happen to this show if somebody got killed or crippled when a cabbie ran a light or hit a child. It happens. Far, far too often.

End of venting. Gotta admit, though, that it added to the excitement.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lawbreaking arfanjunky 08-23-03 1
 RE: Lawbreaking managerr 08-23-03 2
 RE: Lawbreaking Chrissy gal 08-24-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arfanjunky 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-23-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arfanjunky Click to send private message to arfanjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lawbreaking"
If memory serves me right on this issue of speeding, and this example about the Classic season was a LONG time ago when it comes to memory. The clue specifically stated a speed limit that had to be obeyed.

Otherwise if traffic is moving at say 80 MPH on a road that has a speed limit of 65 MPH, you going to tell me that the teams would have to slow down to 65 MPH, which with other traffic going at 80 would be WAY dangerous?

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-23-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lawbreaking"
There obviously is some sort of speeding law to follow, at least when teams are driving with their own vehicles. There have many times a team could have sped up and passed someone, but chose not to do it...

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lawbreaking"
I remember them having to stay below a certain speed on one episode back in TAR1 or 2. I thought that maybe the speed limit wasn't posted, or the local authorities would only give them permission to travel and film in the area if they obeyed the speed limit. The local authorities could have been unsure about letting someone "Race" in their area.

I really thought the worst speeding on this show was when they were trying to get from Dodger Stadium to LAX. That was some dangerous driving.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •