The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Simon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rulesr4losers 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-22-04, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rulesr4losers Click to send private message to rulesr4losers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Simon"
I absolutely love Simon. The show would be absolutely unwatchable without him. I have great respect for this mans honesty. He makes me laugh when he makes others cry!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
  Simon = SEX-ay!!! and My Hero Angelfood 02-17-04 1
 RE: Simon bassooner 02-20-04 2
   RE: Simon love2smile 02-20-04 3
       RE: Simon bassooner 02-23-04 4
           RE: Simon love2smile 02-23-04 5
 RE: Simon Tiger Lily 02-23-04 6
   Rats. ginger 02-23-04 7
       RE: Rats. Tiger Lily 02-23-04 9
           RE: Rats. ginger 02-23-04 10
   RE: Simon lyrker 02-24-04 12
 RE: Simon tk72 02-23-04 8
   RE: Simon managerr 02-23-04 11
       RE: Simon lyrker 02-24-04 13
           RE: Simon Angelfood 02-24-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-17-04, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. " Simon = SEX-ay!!! and My Hero"
Who's with me?

1. Camille from Hawaii
2. ???

Simon is underappreciated.
He comes all the way over here to Amer., endures hundreds of hours of off-key auditions, constantly gets cussed at, assaulted and insulted, and then must selflessly continue to do America a Public Service by knocking these over-confident no-talents off their high-horse and telling them what their families are too kind to say.

BRAVO!

Tongue-in-cheek exaggeration, but I still Love him

bassooner 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-04, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bassooner Click to send private message to bassooner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Simon"
Simon's act isn't cute! he recently bashed a performer and then said "What else could I have said?". What about contsructive criticism? Of course, you have to really know music to offer that, and Simon is, after all, merely a British rock promoter. He only knows noise and confusion which appeals to mindless teenagers. In defense of Simon, however, there are many community colleges offering Music Appreciation courses, he would do well to sign up.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Simon"
Well, even as a "merely British rock promoter", he still does his job well. He doesn't candy-coat anything and represents the reality of stardom. If they can't take the heat, then maybe a career like that isn't for them. Trust me, there are much more critical people that Simon in the entertainment industry.

I personally like Simon. I think he can be a bit abrasive at times, but that is his JOB....if you want to find the best, you need to find out who has the guts and who can STAND with the best, IMHO...

bassooner 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bassooner Click to send private message to bassooner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Simon"
The really good critics are teachers not destroyers, teachers do not "candy coat" anything, they make performers out of aspirants. The ones who are severe and abrasive are caught up in "Hollywood". If you can't help someone you are worthless as is Simon, he should listen to Paula, the only singer on the panel. Simon is not doing the entertainment industry any good, who know how many good singers could come out of the contestants with a little help.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Simon"
#1...Do NOT call me worthless because you don't agree. It's childish.

#2....I understand your point of view and it's a nice, happy one, but there are many people in the entertainment industry are just as bad if not WORSE than Simon. It's a hell business, and he's telling the truth. That is the REALITY of it. It is not his (or any of the judges)JOB to help them sing. They need to have those skills before they get there.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-23-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Simon"
Did anyone watch him on The Simpsons last night?

Congratulations. You're now as intelligent a pig. Let's see if we can work up to dolphin, shall we?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Rats."
I forgot to watch Simon on Simpson because I was ogling Johnny Depp on Inside the Actors' Studio.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-23-04, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rats."
Well, at least you had a good reason.

Simpsons reruns will be on for years.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rats."
True. We have one local station that is, essentially, The Simpsons Rerun Station.

And Johnny was as lovely, as whimsical, as soft spoken, as proud fathery, as dorky-in-a-really-sexy way as one might have hoped. There was also the amusement of the host whining to his wife, who was in the audience, because she wouldn't let him get a tattoo.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Simon"
Heck, yeah. That was funny as all get-out. I especially liked his voice-overs through the ending credits. Reminded me of the 100,000 (is that the right#?) Year Old Man (Mel Brooks).

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

tk72 151 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tk72 Click to send private message to tk72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Simon"
I like Simon for his Brash and uncensored criticism of these singers. Yeah I agree that this biz is hell. People would get worse treatment or criticism out there. Simon maybe hard or even downright rude at times but he calls it like he sees it.

...Shucks, I missed Simon on the Simpsons also.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-23-04, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Simon"
Frankly, I'm amazed that they don't go off on more contestants. I can only imagine what it's like to be listening to auditions all day long. Most of these people are awful, they have no business being there in the first place. By the 10th one you're bored, by the 100th one you've lost all patience. It is definitely a test of patience. You even see Paula losing her cool and being a little mean in the auditions at times--it's because it does wear on you.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-04, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Simon"
Especially when there's a ton of folks who just show up to audition so they can meet the judges. You deal with act after act of no-talent fiending fans (anyone remember the gushing queen who hugged Paula and wouldn't let her go?) and you get frustrated, trying to find the real deal. Not to mention all the folks who just won't take 'no' for an answer and insist on begging, threatening, bullying, crying and trying to buy their way into the contest.

Simon's callous and intentionally so. I'm sure he pores over every comment he could give and picks the most abrasive one of the lot. But despite the fact that he pours it on thick, there are a LOT of real agents, real producers and real people with real contracts out there who'll tell a blooming talent a lot worse insults regarding their ability in a heart-beat. Those big-wigs have no time to spare a person's feelings in the hustle and bustle, especially if that person really isn't that talented.

It's a bitter reflection on the industry but the fact is, Hollywood and all places of that vein just aren't happy-shiny places to be.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-24-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Simon"
yes,
I saw/read somewhere that Simon said
that he gets frustrated with the people who come in there with this big attitude, convinced that they are IT, and so therefore, he feels he needs to be blunt for them to get it.
(not that he doesn't go to far), but still, most of them don't believe him afterwards. They say they don't care, but they get upset at Simon's reaction. They seem to just Want to have a temper tantrum on TV. otherwise, they'd just say: I expected that from you, thanks for your time, blah blah.

Did you guys catch on to how many contestants answered the ques.
"why are you here?"
"Cause I AM the next American Idol!!!"
and then couldn't sing.

I'm sure that they are frustrated with the producers sending so many bad ones thru, for entertainment purposes.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •