The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Three Days"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-03, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Three Days"
Most talk I’ve seen here and elsewhere seems to believe that What The? Parts One and Two will take place over a three-day period rather than the standard six-day period for two episodes. Is this based on anything other than the fact that it’s a two-part episode? Granted, a two-part episode is unusual, but that doesn’t mean that the action of those episodes happens in the same amount of time as a standard one-part episode, just that the thematic ideas in the title are spread over those two episodes. I think we have to at least open ourselves up to the possibility that the action will take place over the standard six-day period.

Just curious.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Three Days Brownroach 10-27-03 1
 TV Speak FesterFan1 10-27-03 2
   I concur cqvenus 10-27-03 3
       RE: I concur bebekid 10-27-03 4
           RE: I concur Dude Man 10-27-03 5
               RE: I concur badger 10-27-03 6
                   RE: I concur aethelstan 10-27-03 7
           enough for 3 days.. rose 10-27-03 8
               RE: enough for 3 days.. LeftPinky 10-27-03 11
 Another issue aethelstan 10-27-03 9
   RE: Another issue badger 10-27-03 10
 Possible Episode Goooey_Alley 10-28-03 12
   RE: Possible Episode I_AM_HE 10-28-03 13
   Possible Episode 7A and 7B aethelstan 10-28-03 15
 RE: Why Three Days KObrien_fan 10-28-03 14
 Definitely 3 Days FesterFan1 10-28-03 16
   RE: Definitely 3 Days Blow by Blow 10-28-03 17
       From TV guide for Fri. 10/31 FesterFan1 10-28-03 18
           RE: From TV guide for Fri. 10/31 Blow by Blow 10-28-03 19
           WTF? Devious Weasel 10-28-03 22
       RE: Definitely 3 Days Loquatrix 10-28-03 20
           RE: Definitely 3 Days aethelstan 10-28-03 21
   Bravo! Devious Weasel 10-28-03 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Three Days"
just that the thematic ideas in the title are spread over those two episodes.

Actually that was my first take on it, Dweezil. Some "situation" that is foisted on them and lasts for 6 days.

I guess in terms of the other things we know, though, the 3 day idea makes more sense ultimately. All along we've been trying to figure out how someone can come back into the game and an extra player can get axed without disrupting the 39-day timeline (and without having two people get voted out at the same TC). This would solve that problem.

I just wonder what MB plans to fill up the beginning of the first Ep with, if the whole thing covers one day. Osten moping around, I suppose.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "TV Speak"
Generally, when a show has a 2-part episode it means that the usual "closure" of the show is delayed. Part 1 usually ends in a cliff-hanger, and the story is resolved in Part 2. In Survivor terms, there are any number of ways Part 1 could end in a cliff-hanger, but the closure needed in Part 2 is most likely Tribal Council.

IMO, what we're looking at is an establishment of a completely new twist in Part 1. Then, when the boat is sufficiently rocked, Part 1 will end (perhaps even with the trite "To Be Continued..." shot). Part 2 will give the "expected" conclusion of a Tribal Council.

I find it hard to believe that CBS would go so far as to call this a 2-part episode without it meeting the accepted criteria. 2 episodes being thematically linked isn't really enough to qualify as a 2-parter.

I guess my point is that whether it's 3 days or 6, there's likely only one Tribal Council between the 2 parts.

Fester

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I concur"
but believe that it will last for 6 days. Just because that's the standard survivor norm.

and these ppl are far too boring to have enough excitement in a mere 3 days to justify an entire two episodes for it. IMO.

- feels lethargic today

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-27-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I concur"
>and these ppl are far too
>boring to have enough excitement
>in a mere 3 days
>to justify an entire two
>episodes for it. IMO.

Ordinarily, cq, I would heartily agree with this. But a returning booted player should provide sufficient drama and conflict even for this group, dontcha think?

And, IMO, even one extra challenge in that 3 day time span would merit a lengthier program.

And Fester's right: There will be no resolution at the end of part 1. Otherwise, there's no need to call it "part 2". To me, that indicates no TC. At least that's what I think right now. That's not to say that someone won't go home for some reason or other.

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

Dude Man 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-27-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dude%20Man Click to send private message to Dude%20Man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I concur"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-03 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

I'm expecting part 1 of the 2 parter to mainly focus on the previously voted off players and where/how they have been living since having their torches snuffed.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-27-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I concur"
good point dude.

i think MB is going to have to spend a chunk of time to convince viewers that this twist is "fair" (i use that word lightly, as does MB, methinks). he'll have to demonstrate that the ghost tribe has indeed been "roughing it," living under similar conditions to the other contestants. otherwise, i think this "twist" will cause a huge outcry, particularly if players make it back in and ESPECIALLY iflil goes all the way to the end.

-badger

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-27-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I concur"
Do you think that this episode will have some flashbacks of what the bootees did while 'out of the game'? I can't imagine. After all, they were sleeping in the same bungalows that will be used by the jury members later. (at least, I think that's what I read somewhere)

-aethelstan

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-27-03, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "enough for 3 days.."
I think the cliffhanger will follow the TC... This is how.

Based on the fact that the GT wins, one member from each tribe (D/M) will be voted out. Part 1 will end here.. Part 2 will be about who is voted IN from the GT, and how the politics work out with that...

What cha think?

a wonderful kyngsladye original

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: enough for 3 days.."
Rose.... I would completely agree...

While I don't like the return scenerio, I think the first hour will cover "the twist" including MB's spin on why the GT is justified. We will then see the RC with a GT win and the boots of one Moron and one Drunk.

Obviously, MB will have fixed the RC so that the GT has to win (even with Skinny Ryan and Nicole), if they didn't win, there would be no point to this episode.

Episode 2 will continue with the return of X players to the game, a wedding merger and IC competition culminating in a TC making the numbers 9 - perfect for pre-jury.

Then, no recrap! Yeah!!

10-27-03, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Another issue"
Another issue is that if 2 return and 2 go, this still leaves us with 10. But, normally by the end of this episode, we'd be left with 9. Is this an indication that we won't have a recrap episode?

-aethelstan

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-27-03, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Another issue"
this seems to be the trade-off MB has given us: he's bringing back players who've had their fires put out (to the boos and hisses of the survivor faithful), but he's flushing the recrap episode (to the sounds of jubilant cheers).

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-28-03, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Possible Episode"
EPISODE #1
Day 1 – 3
Event: Nicole’s boot, 15 remaining

EPISODE #2
Day 4 – 6
Event: Ryan S’s boot, 14 remaining

EPISODE #3
Day 7 – 9
Event: Lillian’s boot, 13 remaining

EPISODE #4
Day 10 – 12
Event: Burton’s boot, 12 remaining

EPISODE #5
Day 13 – 15
Event: Michelle’s boot, 11 remaining

EPISODE #6
Day 16 – 18
Event: Trish’s boot, 10 remaining

EPISODE #7a
Day 19
Event: Ghost Tribe introduced, 1 or 2 booted, 9 or 8 remaining
(no RC, only IC)

EPISODE #7b
Day 20
Event: Ghost Tribe comeback challenge or voting system, 1 or 2 come back, 10 remaining

Day 21
Event: Merge. ???’s boot, 9 remaining
(During merge episodes, no RC, free feast, only IC)
(The wedding of two tribes being hosted by Ghost Tribe.)

EPISODE #8
Day 22 – 24
Event: 1st Jury Member determined, 8 remaining

EPISODE #9
Day 25 – 27
Event: 2nd Jury Member determined, 7 remaining

EPISODE #10
Day 28 – 30
Event: 3rd Jury Member determined, 6 remaining

EPISODE #11
Day 31 – 33
Event: 4th Jury Member determined, 5 remaining

EPISODE #12
Day 34 – 36
Event: 5th Jury Member determined, 4 remaining

EPISODE #13
Day 37
Event: 6th Jury Member determined, 3 remaining

Day 38
Event: 7th Jury Member determined, final 2

Day 39
Event: Final Tribal Council

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Possible Episode"
i would tend to think your days 19 and 20 would be on 7a (leaving the same number of players, with 1 or 2 replaced by ghosties)

and that day 21 (or day 20 and 21, if all the above takes place on 1 day, which i think may be more likely) would be a traditional merge episode, with an individual IC and tribal council, taking us down to 9.

so maybe something like:

E7a: day 19 - ghost tribe revealed, challenge to determine if/how many return, players replaced by ghosties (via TC or other method)

E7b: day 20 - aftermath of twist, merge
day 21 - first individual IC, TC

not that it matters, i agree on the whole

10-28-03, 09:30 AM (EST)
15. "Possible Episode 7A and 7B"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 07:38 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

Deleted as Fester has put together a much more complete and believable time line.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Why Three Days"
Bear with me folks, this post is long. I think that the next 2 episodes represent 3 days of life on the island. The way things will play out IMO is this:

They get together for what should be an RC, and Jiffy springs the GT on them saying "Your past has come back to haunt you" and "you may be going home". Every time this season when Jiffy has extinguished the torches of booted players, he has said his line just a tad different from previous seasons. I went back last night and watched the reading of votes from all TC's from Lill to Trish. In previous years he says "the 3rd person voted out of the Marqueses is ..." This year he says "the 3rd person voted out of Morgan is...Lill, the 1st person voted out of Drake is...Burton, the 2nd person voted out of Drake is..." well you get the picture. The only odd one out was Trish, for her he did say "the 6th person voted out of the Pearl Islands is Trish." I think that this was MB's way of showing that a ghost tribe was forming, though their torches had been snuffed, they were merely voted out of their tribes and not off the island. Why Trish was read as voted off the Pearl Islands, I don't know, but I don't have her making it back on the show anyway.

This leads to my next point that when they get resurrected they wont be coming back to their tribes, there will be no more Morgan or Drake. They have the challenge we see with the jailbreak, and if the GT wins, they get to vote 2 players back in. I agree from all that have said on this thread that it will be Burton and Lill. I believe they will replace Rhino and Shawn. This will all happen in the first part this week. The tribe makes the merge at 10 and go off to live together as Balboa with black buffs...thus ends E7A...to be continued.

As fill for the episodes MB uses flashbacks to the GT prior to resurrection. Added in will be blurbs and pieces from the rest of the players reaction to the twist. At the merge of 10 we will witness the big lie, not sure if it will be told at the end of 7A or beginning of 7B but it is coming. It may even be told by Burton which could explain why he seemed to know for sure in his early show interview that it hadn't occured yet.

So episode 7B is the merged tribe and then one TC that is based on II. Lill wins the first II in fullfilment of the spoiler that when the older woman returns she wins one more immunity. The one guy with the most enemies who is left vulnerable...is Jonny Fairplay. Jon gets the boot at TC to end 7B, which ends 3 days of island life and keeps things right on track with 9 going into E8 and no recap show for us this season (thank you MB).

So at the end of E7 we have the 9 merged jury and F2 of (and in no particular order): Andrew, Darrah, Lill, Osten, Rupert, Burton, Christa, Sandra and Tijuana. Getting closer to how Morgan has so many people in the predicted F4 spoilers...

10-28-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Definitely 3 Days"
In rethinking my previous post and reading the thoughts of others here, some things have come to mind that cinch it for me that E7a and E7b take place over a 3-day span.

While I still think that in order to have the next 2 weeks be referred to as 2 parts of the same episode there has to be a cliff-hanger and closure, I've come around to the idea that there will be TCs at the end of both parts.

What makes them 2 parts of a larger whole is that they take place over a 3-day period and end with a "traditional" TC (i.e., the first post-merge, individual-immunity kind which we normally see in E7).

The "typical" E7 begins with a treemail that either has ambassadors meet, or both tribes meet as a whole. Then there's the bonding, the feast, yada-yada. Then there's the individual IC, followed by the post-IC gnashing of teeth. Finally there's the TC, sending the last non-jury member to the LL.

What I believe will happen with these 2 episodes is as follows:
E7a will begin the way previous E7s have, starting with post-E6 TC politicking (Jon and Rupert square off), then a trip to the seamail chest. The seamail will probably have some vague reference to the Curse of the Pearl Islands; vague enough to not quell the shock value MB is counting on at the return of the "Dead".

The tribes will meet for the challenge. Jeff will then, to paraphrase Monty Python, bring out the dead. He will explain the challenge to come and its implications. (My opinion is that it's a 3-team race in which the Ghost Tribe is able to return one player for each team it beats. (The flip side being that each team who loses to the Ghosts has to vote out a player.)) Then they will run the challenge. The Ghosts, by all accounts, will win. Jeff will send the 3 tribes on their way, telling them that they will meet up again tomorrow, after Drake and Morgan visit TC.

I don't think they're going to spend a heck of a lot of time on the Ghosts lives post-boot. Jeff will probably comment before the challenge that they haven't been living it up at the Hotel Panama.

Since there will be 2 tribes who have to vote someone out, there will likely be 2 TCs. The rest of E7a will be devoted to the politics within Drake and Morgan (Osten quitting again) and the subsequent TCs.

I don't believe there will be time to show the Ghosts voting process. That's likely what the "wedding" business is about in 7b. 7a will end with a Drake and a Morgan saying buh-bye on Day 19.

E7b will start on Day 20, and begin with post-TC fallout from Drake and Morgan, followed by the Ghosts voting back the 2 members. (My opinion is that each tribe will have to vote back someone from their original tribe, with the caveat that you can't vote for yourself. For Morgan, Ryan S. votes Lil, Lil votes Ryan S., and Nicole votes Lil. For Drake, Michelle votes Burton, Burton votes Michelle, and Trish votes Burton.)

The tribes will meet, merge, set up their new camp, have an individual IC (not necessarily in that order), and then go to TC on Days 20 and 21. At the end of 7b, we'll be right where we would've been at the end of a "regular" E7. THAT is why it's considered a 2-part episode.

Of course I could be totally wrong.

Fester

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Definitely 3 Days"
I have a really hard time believing that at the end of Ep7a there won't be a TC. TC's are the main "hook" of this show, the reason people tune in until the end (rather than switching to a Scrubs re-run), and why CBS's morning show loves Fridays.

Isn't there some way to check if there's a survivor on the Early Show this Friday?

-P

10-28-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
18. "From TV guide for Fri. 10/31"
Early Show
120 mins.

Jason Priestley; the latest castoff from “Survivor: Pearl Islands.”

Fester

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-28-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: From TV guide for Fri. 10/31"
Well there we have it, at least one person is sent packing this week. Thanks for pulling that up, I was too lazy to register.
-P

10-28-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "WTF?"
Jason Priestly is the latest castoff? Man, I never saw that coming...

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Definitely 3 Days"
The Early Show for this Friday, per Yahoo! TV Listings:

"Actor Jason Priestley; Halloween party; the latest castoff from "Survivor: Pearl Islands.'' "

10-28-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Definitely 3 Days"
CBS will guarantee the Early Show someone but that's all they know. It could technically be some unsuccessful ghostie.

More likely, they will have two guests this week.

-aethelstan

10-28-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
23. "Bravo!"
This makes the most sense of me of anything I've seen.

Of course, this means it will never happen.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •