The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-26-03, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
I'm still mad at myself for not realizing that Drake had little chance at winning the RC in episode 4 since Morgan was competing with Rupert, Andrew, Ryan and Osten againmst a Drake team with Shawn, Burton and a weak Jon and a bunch of girls. However,lets look at the Ghost team that would be competing in next week's episode. It has Burton, the 2 oldest woman (Lil and Trish), the wimpiest guy (Skinny Ryan), the smallest girl (Michelle) and Nicole. Both Drake and Morgan have more men and more powerful men. I don;t think it is likely that the Ghost Tribe could win a challenge

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 lest we forget survivor 4 ivoryElephant 10-26-03 1
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... carencey 10-26-03 2
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... Holiday 10-26-03 3
   RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... coolflowerpowerman 10-26-03 4
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... KObrien_fan 10-26-03 5
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... esquire 10-26-03 6
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... bobstew617 10-26-03 7
 MB Guaranteed a few Ghosties will r... mavsfan 10-26-03 8
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... Brownroach 10-27-03 9
 RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a chall... Spanky68 10-27-03 10
 All Star Road test mavsfan 10-27-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-26-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "lest we forget survivor 4"
Rotu was up 8-4 over the tiny maraamu tribe

The RC was

Paschal (old skinny weak guy)
Neleh (small weak girl)
Kathy (older woman, not as strong)
Gina (strong but thin and still not as strong as the men)

So you have 3 women who are not as strong as Tammy then you have rotu

Robert Decanio (big guy, super strong)
John Carrol |(strong man
Rob Mariano |(super strong and fast)
Zoe Z. (strong and fast)

Zoe and Rob |M. kicked pashal and neleh's butts in the first part of the challenge but then a miracle happened

john and robert D. couldn't steer a boat and kathy and gina kicked their ass! |It was the biggest upset in challenge history

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-26-03, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
Yes, they probably can. Keep in mind the type of challenge. If it's a brute force/strength challenge, then the tribes with the muscular guys have the advantage, but not all Survivor challenges are that type of challenge. Did you watch Amazon at all? Remember the girls thumped the guys pretty soundly on the "jailbreak", and that's the challenge closest to what we've been shown so far.

Holiday 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-26-03, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Holiday Click to send private message to Holiday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
If the challenge involves crawling under a fence then the smaller and skinnier you are the better, and we've seen that this will be part of the challenge from the previews. Big brawny guys like Rupert, Osten, Shawn, and Rupert will have a harder time meanering their big bodies under fences.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-26-03, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"

> Big brawny guys like
>Rupert, Osten, Shawn, and Rupert
>will have a harder time
>meanering their big bodies under
>fences.

Two Ruperts! God forbid!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-03, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
I think that absolutely they can. What is the underlying thought in each of the minds of the ghost tribe members? Revenge...and a shot at possibly getting back in the running for a million dollars. They thought they were toast, and now a chance at resurrection.

It's amazing the power you can summon from inside when you feel you have been wronged. (heck look at Andrew's strength and determination from last week's IC after scrawny Johnny Fairplay gave him fuel to hate the Drake's) I believe they have all the incentive in the world, and looking at the jailbreak challenge for example, I think they stand a great chance at winning it.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-26-03, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
Maybe I should have worded my question a little differently. I did not mean to imply that it was impossible for the ghost tribe to win. What I meant was that the probability of the ghost tribe winning with Burton, skinny Ryan, Nicole, Michelle, Lil and Trish is small

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-26-03, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
Looking at the video caps, this challenge looks like it needs some speed, teamwork, and dexterity with the knots. While I agree that the GT would have trouble in a strength-laden challenge, I feel they could win this type of challenge, especially IF Lil is as good with knots as she should be. They do have some strength with Burton--he wouldn't tire as easily as Rupert, and he's probably had a little more nutrition than Osten/Andrew/Rhino.

Is that fair? No. But who said Survivor was FAIR? This challenge seems to be geared more towards the GT.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-03, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "MB Guaranteed a few Ghosties will return"
I've got to think MB has set up the nature of the challenge to GUARANTEE some, but NOT ALL Ghosties will come back.

Consider:

If there was a chance NONE of the Ghosties were going to come back then MB would have violated the suppose sanctity of "THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN" without getting any benifit from it. Viewers would just be left with the sense that a) that was lame, and b) It no longer matters in future episodes who gets voted out, they'll just come back in a later episode. I don't believe MB would run the risk of violating "THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN" unless he was guaranteed to get some bang for his buck - ie. some Ghosties returning.

If there was a chance that a Ghosties win would bring back ALL or virtually all of the Ghosties, resulting in the Booting of most of the Drake or Morgan, I think viewers would turn off SURVIVOR in DROVES. I don't believe MB would risk asking viewers to watch a bunch of Loser Lodge folks replacing players who were still in the game fair and square.

For these reasons, I think the Challenge will start out as a tribe challenge (free your tribe from jail) but evolve as the challenge goes on to an individual challenge - 1st 10 across the finish line continue in the game, everyone else goes to loser lodge.

MB wants tribes to stop voting out strong players pre-merge. With the Ghostie twist teams will think twice before voting out strong players pre-merge and instead try to bring them into voting alliances to get rid of weaker players.

Specifically I would think Burton has a good chance of returning to the game. But there is Zero chance he will align with the Drake. Teams in the future in Drakes position will want to keep the Burtons around and vote out the Jon's.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-03 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

I think they can, and that they will.

a) They are rested and fed (to a greater degree than the other contestants anyway), and they haven't been dealing with the stress of being "in the game" for the time they've been at LL.

b) They have a psychological advantage going in, because they know what's going to happen (even if they don't know exactly what the challenge is -- but they might be told something in advance, since Drake and Morgan will get treemail about it). Morgan and Drake will be mentally blindsided by the Ghost tribe's reappearance, which could cause nervousness and errors.

The escape challenges aren't about strength per se, they are about working together to accomplish tasks in quick succession. Remember in S6, the women won the escape challenge, with strong Matt, Dave, Daniel and Alex all on the men's tribe.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can the Ghost Tribe win a challenge?"
While I can't quote chapter and verse (season and episode) like most of the experts can, I never cease to be amazed that MB seems to rig challenges to favor a tribe he wants to win. To be fair to him, the order of challenges may be preset before they even pick the contestants or tribes for a season, and thus accidental.

But it seems to happen every season where the weak tribe that has no strong contestants left suddenly gets to compete in an endurance or mental challenge where they turn the tables on the "stronger" tribe. And I agree that the ghosts seem to have a great deal of advantage in a jailbreak challenge

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "All Star Road test "
Why has MB introduced the Ghost tribe at all in S7? I think it's because he's setting the table for S8.

MB is introducing an element into the game with S7, that will allow Him in SURVIVOR 8 ALL STARS to bring back popular players like Rich, & Colby who may have early targets on their chests if they are booted early in the game.

I'm not sure how this should factor into our Ghost tribe speculation here in S7 other than to say he would want to be CERTAIN to Road Test having some mechanism to bring popular players back into the game.

Having said that, I don't think MB is going to introduce the Ghost tribe into the game in a manner that allows arbitrary elimination of players ie. If Sue is voted out, but gets to return a as a Ghostie, she won't be allowd to pick the player she Replaces (such as Rich).

Knowing that bringing back Ghosties in S8 would seem to imply booting players who are ALL STARS, MB is going to want the return of Ghost players and subsequent elimination of players to be seen as relatively FAIR.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •