The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rudy and Reverse Psychology"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BanastreTa 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BanastreTa Click to send private message to BanastreTa Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rudy and Reverse Psychology"
A lot of analysts are writing all of the information indicating Rudy as the winner as a red herring. Is it possible that we are falling for an even more ingenious red herring, though--i.e., the best lie is the truth?

MB knows that, due to the publicity all of the other dupes/false alarms have gotten in the past, NOBODY is going to trust info coming from CBS. In fact, any information that "seems to good to be true" is going to be taken with scrutiny or even dismissed. An example of this lies in the analysis of CBS editing in determining castaways to be voted off the past several weeks...one of the primary determinants that has been used has been who CBS editing makes the likely victim, then label that person safe.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate ruse, then, if CBS purposefully leaked the actual winner, within this climate of distrust? We would have the best clue possible in our hands, and not be able to do a thing with it! Imagine the evil glee inherent in seeing the frame-by-frame analyzing survivor community, that has produced so much with so little, holding in its hands a commercial frame of Rudy with #1 Survivor imposed over it, yet so in the dark as to not be able to determine that it is a wink from the producers.

Look at it this way: in today's information age, CBS had to suspect that the winner--Rudy--would eventually leak out from some source or another. What better way to dilute this impact than to flood the market, so to speak, with the identity of the winner? In the same cauldron as so many other deceits and sleight of hands, this information would just seem another red herring...

In any case, I suppose we'll all know in a day and a half...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •