The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Momma was Wrong"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

slw1 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-22-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slw1 Click to send private message to slw1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Momma was Wrong"
Cheaters do win. I can't believe how disappointed I am that the Chip and Dale team won. (Even though I was not subjected to actually seeing them win. We had Tornado warnings the last ten minutes of the race so it got pre-empted!) They had such bad attitudes. They drove when they shouldn't and they rode business class when they shouldn't! Made me so mad, I had to sign up at this site just to post this.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My Momma was Wrong arfanjunky 08-22-03 1
   RE: My Momma was Wrong slw1 08-22-03 2
   RE: My Momma was Wrong RUTGERSpaul 08-22-03 3
       RE: My Momma was Wrong arfanjunky 08-22-03 4
           RE: My Momma was Wrong TODDLJ 08-22-03 5
               RE: My Momma was Wrong arfanjunky 08-22-03 6
                   RE: My Momma was Wrong managerr 08-23-03 7
 RE: My Momma was Wrong AMAI 08-24-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arfanjunky 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arfanjunky Click to send private message to arfanjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
Explain to us where they cheated?

Yes they did ride when they when the clue said to walk. Hey, Jon and Kelly RAN to the pitstop not walked, so did they "cheat" too? Reichen and Chip were penalized for their mistake for mis-reading the clue. Even with that penalty, which by the way put them further behind than if they actually followed the clue, they still were over 30 minutes ahead of Jon and Al.

As for the business class issue. Reichen had mentioned that they were seated in Business Class even though they purchased economy, which has been pointed out numerous times in prior races as being well within the rules of the race. There are a whole host of airlines around the world that will place last minute full fare economy passangers in their premium cabin.

Cheaters are people who do something and don't get caught and punished for it. If you want to really bring up a cheating issue, let's go back to the 1st episode at LAX where a team ahead of Monica and Sheree bought tickets for another team that was behind Monica and Sheree in the same line.

Now in my book that is cheating as there was a predefined line set up to receive a service.

slw1 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-22-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slw1 Click to send private message to slw1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
Oh, I'm sure the producers looked into all this carefully and determined that it wasn't Cheating but they were leaning way over the edge. This was just my way of venting and sorry if I offended you. I agree about the gals buying the tickets, but apparently the powers- that- be determined that that wasn't cheating either.

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
APPLAUSE APPLAUSE

Somebody else who actually tries to stick up for Reichen & Chip, it's a tough battle, but I salute you!

Seenthose LoveLists? Whooo...

08-22-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arfanjunky Click to send private message to arfanjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
RUTGERSpaul,

I've been viewing this board ever since the TAR Clasic as it is called. And I've been discusted (sp?) with all the gay bashing going on here lately, that i've felt it was time to start posting. In the last few hours I think I've vented in more posts than I really care to remember about.

There are things that Reichen and Chip have done that I'm not proud of, but if we look at almost all of the teams that lasted this long in all of the seasons, almost all of them have teams that have not done things to make their fans proud of the actions taken. I think there is only one team that stood above it all and won without pissing people off both in the race or in the countries where they visited and that would be Rob and Brennan. They were not my favorite, but the sure deserved to win and I'm not assamed to say that.

Reichen and Chip from the start were competitive and that is what this show is all about, a competition to win the money. You might want to take a look at me first post ever on this board located here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/1384.shtml

This is a race for ONE MILLION DOLLARS not a race to make friends, that is just a side part of the race that makes it extra special. Editing is a BIG thing in this show that tilts viewers opinions big time on whether they like a team or not.

I sure hope there is a fifth installment. The ending from the way the show has been edited for the past few episodes was not how I thought it would be as was pleasantly surprised that finally the team I was hoping to win from the begining would be the ones first across the finish line.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-22-03, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
Woo-hoo!

Chip and Reichen do indeed have many supporters!

Sure, they were rude and arrogant, but they were also tough and agressive and fast. And they won this thing fair and square.

It's not a popularity contest, it's a race. And the gorgeous gayboys won.

I think the haters are all just jealous bitches!!!!

08-22-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
Finally posters that actually realize what this show is all about a timed race to the finish for the money pure and simple. Friendships from the show are secondary and even what appears to be the most fierce adversaries are actually friendly after the show. Case in point would be the Guido's and Emmily and her mom. As have been stated in various postings over the years.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-23-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
Blech. I don't even want to compare the Evil Guidos to Reichen and Chip who were saints in comparison. The Guidos actually physically pushed another competitor and then tried to cause an international incident. (Would love to see them try that stunt in a post 9-11 world) Yeah, they are friendly now and competition can bring out the worst in people, but I still hate the Guidos.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-03, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My Momma was Wrong"
The clue said "on foot" not "walk" - so one may run, hop skip, jump, but as long as it's all done ON FOOT. It was not "cheating" to run, but it was against the rules to take the car. They were penalized for that.

The business class issue was not in respect of the last episode, but a much earlier one and if I recall, they did successfuly change the tickets in time.

I just didn't care for Chreichen, but it's not a gay issue - just didn't like their personalities. I do recognize that one needs to be focused and determined to win. They did well.

I was rooting for Kelly & Jon, and I feel they also did well to finish second.

The Race is over, and what more is there to say? Congratulations to Chip & Reichen.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •