The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP5 Confessional Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-20-03, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP5 Confessional Analysis"
EPISODE 5:

The confessional analysis this season continues to be unreliable in the early episodes because of the unknown effect of the returning “Ghost Tribe”. Burton and Michelle were both voted off from well under the radar, with their characters still undeveloped. We continue to suspect this is because of this season’s twist, which is rumored to involve Lillian, Burton, and perhaps Michelle. Their character development will likely continue later…

EP5 Confessional Count

Note: Numbers in parentheses are previous episodes ---EP5… (EP4)…(EP3)…(EP2)…(EP1).

High Confessional count:

Rupert----11…(3)…(2)…(6)…(9)
Andrew---5…(4)…(12)…(5)…(6)

Ryan O---4…(2)…(5)…(0)…(2)
Trish------4…(2)…(1)…(0)…(2)

At Morgan, Andrew continued as the storyteller and had a high corresponding confessional count Ryan was the other high profile Morgan tribe member.

Rupert continued as the star of the show, and had a huge spike associated with his participation on both tribes. Trish also continued her transition moving out from under the radar last week and into the high confessional area this week. She appears to be a rising star.

Moderate Confessional count

Sandra---3…(2)…(2)…(3)…(9)
Jon--------3…(2)…(3)…(0)…(6)
Michelle—3…(1)…(1)…(1)…(1) EP4 Boot
Shawn----2…(3)…(2)…(2)…(6)

While Shawn’s confessional count remained fairly consistent, the nature of his confessionals changed, from storyteller to active participant, apparently setting him up for a more important role in the action next week.

Under the Radar

Darrah----2…(1)…(1)…(1)…(1)
Osten-----1…(1)…(2)…(3)…(8.)
Tijuana----1…(1)…(1)…(4)…(6)
Christa----0…(6)…(3)…(1)…(9)

Darrah continued under the radar as did Tijuana and Osten, after fading into the background last week.

Christa’s disappearance, after her fairly high profile the previous weeks, is very curious and the most dramatic change in confessional activity.

Conclusions:

The Morgan Tribe appears to be on the sidelines of TC this week. Both the confessionals from EP5 and the previews of a Pelican encounter appear to put the Morgans well away from the action in EP6. Andrew has job security as storyteller for Morgan, with Ryan O the only one who appears to be in trouble the next time Morgan heads to TC.

At the Drakes it’s clearly Rupert in the eye of the storm. His confessional spike should make us take notice. Christa’s disappearance could mean she’s either ridden out the storm and is now fading into the background until the rumored “family visit” or that she’s being setup for her surprise boot.

Shawn and Jon will also be thrown into the spotlight next week, but their confessionals are not particularly noteworthy indicating that they may last another episode.

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis rose 10-20-03 1
   I tend to agree... cqvenus 10-20-03 2
 RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis Brownroach 10-20-03 3
   RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis mistofleas 10-20-03 4
 RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis jkokoj 10-20-03 5
   RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis Round Robin 10-20-03 8
 RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis Jims02 10-20-03 6
   RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis Brownroach 10-20-03 7
       RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis Jims02 10-21-03 9
 KEY QUOTE Ep5 Jims02 10-21-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-20-03, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
Bravo, once again Krautboy.. What would we do without you???

I think that Rupert is gone this week. Together with Mavsfan theory of the big lie being perpetrated against Rupert, and the confessional counts, we seriously need to consider Rupert as a strong boot possibility this week. I think we've been so in love with Rupert, that we don't want to see the possibility that he will go to the LL. I mean, we have a title indicating Rupert in the metaphoric and literal sense; does not bode well. We also have the confessional counts, although these have been unreliable due to the ghost tribe theory- but we have all three members out now, according to Snewser, so this should be null now. The evidence of Rupert's "I can't believe this" confessional in the previews could be misdirection, but so far MB has been pretty forward with what's happening week to week. Trish's comment about Rup's power also does not bode well.

I just think that MB believes that Rupert is loved so much that it will be a shock no matter how much evidence we get that he is the boot. He has been milking Rup for the ratings, but is setting up Shawn/Jon to take the spotlight; and don't forget Sandra. She is just about the only other survivor with an actually interesting character, so MB has been waiting for Rupert to depart before beginning to milk Jon, then Sandra for the editing plots....

The evidence points towards our favorite pirate, and I think we should put our love for him aside, and spoil the pi** out of this episode..

Now, I've been wrong time and time again, and I'm fairly new here, but this time it looks bad for Rupert. My gut last week said Michelle, with no alliances left- but I fell into the Christa vote along with many others. Rupert has had his well deserved spotlight for five episodes, and I think we are going to have to say goodbye on Thursday..

Tear this apart if you must, I tend to overanalyze...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I tend to agree..."
I do think that Rupert is probably in trouble this week... so sad. He was so fun. And he saved Moron's collective arse. Oh, well. Good guys finish last.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
Nice work again, KB.

Burton and Michelle were both voted off from well under the radar, with their characters still undeveloped. We continue to suspect this is because of this season’s twist, which is rumored to involve Lillian, Burton, and perhaps Michelle. Their character development will likely continue later.

One thing that's been bugging me: The concept of returning players has already generated some negative reaction, which MB must be aware of (J Pro has conceded that some people will hate the twist). If this twist involves more than one person getting back in the game, MB knew which ones were returning. Wouldn't he want viewers to have a vested interest in the players that return?

Lillian was set up as a rootable underdog in Ep 1, and would likely go over fairly well with viewers as a returnee. But Burton and Michelle? Burton had extensive face time only in Ep 4, and he wasn't portrayed too positively even then. Same with Michelle in Ep 5.

I can't really picture the general audience having any interest in seeing these two again (other than maybe for sex appeal reasons). It seems odd to me that they didn't receive more indulgent editing if either or both of them were going to make a reappearance.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
I can't really picture the general audience having any interest in seeing these two again (other than maybe for sex appeal reasons). It seems odd to me that they didn't receive more indulgent editing if either or both of them were going to make a reappearance.

I completely agree with this statement BR. While Lil was given to us as someone we could/would root for coming back into the game, both Burton and Michelle are either people we don't really know or care about. The general audience might actually be annoyed that Burton or Michelle were allowed to get back in the game simply because they don't have enough reason to like or root for them.

Rupert on the other hand, now HE would be another that we/general audience would be happy to see come back. MB has given us all the information we need to love Rupert and want to see him succeed. If he's voted out either EP6 or EP7 (right before the merge) then I see him as one of those being played back in (because of editing) but voted quickly out again thus having him make the jury but not the Final 4.

--dreamt about both BR and KB this weekend

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-20-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

Thanks KB!

Christa was completly hidden last show and in the previews for the upcoming episode we do not see her again. What we do see is Morgan getting some weird visit from a pelican, our comic relief i.e. boring editing.

My take, the focus is on Drake, again, this week. We see Jon and Shawn fighting. This is a distraction for the boot of everyone's hero/favorite...Rupert. I truly think he has had his "show" and will be sent to LL.

As for the whole ghost tribe, I am not buying into it yet. A third tribe has been talked about by spoilers for so long that in and of itself has become boring. MB is not going to change his core Suvivor game at this late stage. I may eat my words in a few weeks, then Misto can feed me pelican!LOL

jealous that I was not in Misto's dreams!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-20-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
I don't really buy into this third tribe deal either. For one thing, anything Burn-it does with a returning player has to be pretty simple, because it can't take up too much time in the show, so it can't be something that requires Jeffy to do much explaining that would have to be shown for the viewers to understand it. If Burn-it brings a player back, it will probably be one player, which would be determined by a challenge more than likely. Anything too complex will take too much show time to do and might not sell with the viewers too well.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
Good analysis, KB.

I'm also wondering about a Rupert boot more seriously. I have my boot candidates down to Rupert, Shawn, and Jon.

Now onto Snewser. Remember that, according to Snewser, this boot DOES NOT come back into the game.

I think any of these three boot ideas would work, because they are each "Moderate."

The entire season I've been wondering about how Morgan can get such an advantage in the end. Also, why Snewser was so sure Rupert would be voted out... Hmmm...

PhoenixMons rocks!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
Remember that, according to Snewser, this boot DOES NOT come back into the game.

Jims, I don't think Snewser ever said any such thing.

Griffe, the source of the Accidental Tourist spoiler, posted this update on Sucks yesterday:

Griffe
(10/19/03 2:53 am)
Reply Re: Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update on the Phantom Tribe with warning that it's 3rd or 4th hand info so who knows...
Description of 3 players that come back: Older woman (probably Lillian), well built guy with black hair (probably Burton) and young girl (not black and not black hair).

As stated before, the Returnee Tribe competes against the Drake Tribe and the Morgan Tribe. Unsure how many players from Drake & Morgan take part of the challenge but the Returnee Tribe wins. Challenge is an escape type challenge. Returnees are represented by a "wine" coloured flag but it was undetermined whether they wore buffs or not.

-----------------------------------------

However, Volcanic Glass pointed out that it's unconfirmed if the Ghost Tribe consists of only these three people.

10-21-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP5 Confessional Analysis"
Sorry, it took me awhile to reply, but...

Snewser is saying that Michelle, Burton, and Lillian are "poised for a JAWDROPPING comeback."

I suppose it's POSSIBLE that we have another blond boot, or dark haired guy for that matter, but right now I'm ruling against it.

That's Jimsy to you

10-21-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
10. "KEY QUOTE Ep5"
Has someone mentioned this yet? This seems like the most appropriate thread to put this under, rather than bumping the really old one.

Drake says when he arrives back at camp that after seeing the lousy Morgan tribe that he's sure "a Drake is going to win this game"

Right after he says this, the camera shifts over to another storyline. It was really, really abrupt. Like they stayed with Rupert JUST long enough so that we hear the quote.

I'm not sure if the quote tells us anything though. Coupled with Jon's quote about Sandra, you could say this bodes well for her.

However, MB does love irony...

JSlice is off da hizzle, yo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •