The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jon and his card writing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jon and his card writing"
Has anybody been able to determine what all of the extra things that Jon writes on his card at TC? The one for Michelle, he wrote VT in the bottom right corner. The one for Bert he wrote below his name and also in the corner. I have been trying to read it, but the picture is too small, and even pausing the VCR doesn't help too much.

Also of note, in 2 TC's Jiffy has yet to read or reveal one of Jon's votes. This helped Jon to figure out precisely that Shawn voted for Burton in their first TC. In the 2nd there were 2 votes not revealed, so this was less helpful to Jon.

What he is writing may not be all that important, but if anyone knows, I would be interested to find out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jon and his card writing mavsfan 10-19-03 1
   RE: Jon and his card writing ImNext 10-19-03 2
       RE: Jon and his card writing hlb 10-20-03 3
           RE: Jon and his card writing Draco Malfoy 10-20-03 4
               it is cqvenus 10-20-03 5
                   RE: it is Nicegrl99 10-20-03 6
                       RE: it is SteffiGurl 10-21-03 10
                           Ding Ding Ding sleeeve 10-21-03 12
                       Earth Day and 4:20 ElroyJetson 10-21-03 13
                           RE: Earth Day and 4:20 Draco Malfoy 10-21-03 14
 You know jkokoj 10-20-03 7
   RE: You know Blow by Blow 10-20-03 8
       RE: You know strid333 10-20-03 9
 VT KingMob 10-21-03 11
   RE: VT pdragonfly 10-21-03 15
   RE: VT nailbone 10-21-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jon and his card writing"
The VT on Michelles card was almost certainly for Virginia Tech.

I have no idea what he wrote on Burtons card.

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jon and his card writing"
On another board, it was determined the number reference on his Burton card (I think the numbers were 36:10 or something, don't remember for sure) was a "juvenile pot reference." The only thing I've determined from Jon is what a tool he is.

hlb 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-20-03, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hlb Click to send private message to hlb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jon and his card writing"
It was 4:10. (I teach high school). School is out at 4 by 4:10 you are high. (the only reason I know this is my high school students put a clock showing 4:10 in their senior shirt and the school went balistic)

Since Danville is in south western Virginia (right on the border of NC/VA) the VT is clearly a reference to Virginia Tech.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jon and his card writing"
I always thought it was 4:20. Oh well, who really cares what time it is, right? *waves to JSlice and tosses her some pennies*

"Why is my thing on fire?"-Karmic Dharma
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:310 Loss To Date:-29

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "it is"
4:20.

not that I would know anything about these things

"quit politickin' and PASS it!" - WJP

Nicegrl99 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-20-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nicegrl99 Click to send private message to Nicegrl99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: it is"
Only because I hate the reference, it is 4:20 . . This doesn't stand for a time but rather Earth Day is April 20th.

People made up this reference to tie the fact that the only people who celebrate Earth Day would be pot smoking hippie types.

I hate this reference because I do not feel that this is what Earth Day is about....

Also, I agree - Jon IS a tool....

"Belief creates the actual fact"
Nicegrl99

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-21-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: it is"
The "420" term was out long before Earth Day, and I believe it is a police code for possession of marijuana or some such thing.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-21-03, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Ding Ding Ding"
We finally have a winner.

420 is police code for "drugs found in suspect's possession".

Coincidentally, 4/20 is also Earth Day.

It is tradition for people to smoke marijuana at 4:20pm on 4/20.

...yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm from Northern California... home of "pot smoking hippies" .

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-21-03, 05:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Earth Day and 4:20"
All

Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd in the United States. I'm aware of this as it is also my son's birthday. Also, check here http://earthday.wilderness.org/

4:20 Definition Here: http://www.marijuana-art.com/AExplaining420.html

I missed what Jon wrote but could it have been 3:16? This is a reference to a wrestler (and I quote):

Austin 3:16
When Steve Austin defeated World Wrestling Federation veteran Jake 'The Snake' Roberts at the 1996 King of the Ring, Stone Cold informed the 'Snake' and the world that, Austin 3:16 says: "I just whooped your a$$!"

Some people have a problem with this quote, feeling that its sacrilegious. Well I didn't see the Jake Roberts vs Stone Cold match and don't know if Austin created the line or the marketing department but I'm sure no sacrilegious intentions were present. If anything, Roberts character at the time may've been sacrilegious but I don't know what the man's true beliefs were. In any case,

John 3:16 is: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

A very important line in the Bible, which Roberts quoted at the event. This provoked Austin's response of Austin 3:16. Many of Austin's fans where this logo.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Earth Day and 4:20"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-03 AT 06:26 AM (EST)

Even though this is really veering off-topic, I'll go ahead and tell you the story of "Austin 3:16".

Jake Roberts had gone through one of his many religious conversions and was playing a fairly religious character. Steve Austin was just an "up and comer" at the time, but his win of the King of the Ring tournament was what started the media juggernaut. He defeated Roberts in the final match, and his victory speech went "You talk about your Psalms, talk about your John 3:16, well, Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!"

And a rasslin' phenomenon was born.

ETA: This comment was not in Austin's "script", he improvised it on the mic. I bet some writer really wished they could take credit for it tho.

"Why is my thing on fire?"-Karmic Dharma
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:310 Loss To Date:-29

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-20-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "You know"
I always thought that is a good way to get things across to the audience and your tribe. Yes, Jon is a tool, but he is being smart about the voting. By writing all that stuff Jon's vote never gets read so he can say anything about who he voted for and why to his tribe.

would use the voting time to help my spoilers!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-03, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You know"
I read somewhere, who knows where, an interview with Colleen from S1. She said their tribe didn't take TC very seriously and once all voted for J.Pro. She said MB hated them for it and that they had to constantly re-shoot TCs.

So, I'm thinking that for now MB doesn't mind what Jon is doing but might eventually cut him off and make him cast his votes without additional writing on them. I know a lot of survivors make less-than-subtle attempts to customize their votes so they can easily spot them when they're being revealed, but Jon's a little over the top. And I wonder if they've had to re-shoot any of the TCs we've seen so far.

-P

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-20-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: You know"
I
>know a lot of survivors
>make less-than-subtle attempts to customize
>their votes

Yeah, it's true but I don't think it should matter or be hidden. I like the way that Tina from S2 (I'm pretty sure she did it) would draw little frowny faces on some of her votes. It shows remorse for getting rid of someone and in picking jury members, can be important. But the frowny faces didn't necessarily say that so and so voted for you.

Three is the perfect number.

KingMob 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-21-03, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KingMob Click to send private message to KingMob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "VT"
The VT definitely stands for Virginia Tech as, if I'm not wrong, both Jon and Michelle are alumni from there.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-21-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: VT"
The TV show Boston Public did a whole episode on the 4:20.

I guess times have changed. When I went to school we got high before we went, then again in the lockers, in the girls bathroom, and where ever else we could find an open closet.

Gee maybe its because I'm from...

Woodstock NY

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: VT"
You're correct, KingMob.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •