The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
From Sucks:

Author Comment
graciegirl50
(10/16/03 9:49 am)
Reply Burton on local radio this morning
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I just listened to Burton on a local classic rock radio station here in San Francisco. The only thing interesting he said was that the big lie, the big twist, and the big regret has definately not happened yet.
------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone else confirm this yet??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... FarmBoy 10-16-03 1
 RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... Brownroach 10-16-03 2
   RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... jkokoj 10-16-03 3
       RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... Brownroach 10-16-03 4
           I hate the internet cqvenus 10-16-03 5
               RE: I hate the internet FSUGUY 10-16-03 6
               RE: I hate the internet Brownroach 10-16-03 7
                   exactly cqvenus 10-16-03 8
                       RE: exactly VerucaSalt 10-16-03 9
           RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... Thaibeach 10-16-03 11
               RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... Blow by Blow 10-16-03 12
                   RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... Brownroach 10-16-03 13
           RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... d4emend 10-17-03 19
       RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... Mistral 10-16-03 10
 another angle Angelfood 10-16-03 14
 RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a... sharking49 10-16-03 15
 Duh Jims02 10-16-03 16
   RE: Duh Acawap 10-16-03 17
       Burton & Returning Angelfood 10-16-03 18
   RE: Duh fishtank 10-17-03 20
 Burton the liar? MakeItStop 10-19-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
How would he know since he's been booted? Unless........

He comes back in the Ghost Tribe!!!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
That would imply that he, at least, has already figured out what the lie was.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
So according to Burton the lie happens after Episode 5. Will it occur during epi 6?

I would still like to see a little more confirmation of what was said.

10-16-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
"Hasn't happened yet" could mean it happens tonight.

Another poster in that thread responded with:

He was interviewed in Houston yesterday on Mix 96.5 and said the same exact thing....Also, when the DJ asked whether he got to stay at a resort and relax after being voted out, he did not answer the question. He started talking outta his ass about his feelings.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I hate the internet"
something is shady with these survivors.

jiffy said a voted out player does NOT return to the game.

yet, some survivors are being completely evasive about LL.

we know MB reads the spoilers. that's why I hate the internet. MAYBE someone comes back into the game. or maybe MB read the spoiler and directed the bootees to avoid LL ques to perpetuate this suspicion.

- *grumble*grumble*grumble*

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-16-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I hate the internet"
>something is shady with these survivors.
>
>
>jiffy said a voted out player
>does NOT return to the
>game.
>
>yet, some survivors are being completely
>evasive about LL.
>
>we know MB reads the spoilers.
>that's why I hate the
>internet. MAYBE someone comes back
>into the game. or maybe
>MB read the spoiler and
>directed the bootees to avoid
>LL ques to perpetuate this
>suspicion.

The word that stands out is PLAYER..... it might be PLAYERS....so JP ain't lying. I think it's plural. all bootees are still in the game as of now. Rumors of more than one and new tribe are out there.

10-16-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I hate the internet"
The Loser Lodgees are definitely being evasive about what they did after being voted off (when anyone bothers to ask them, that is).

It wasn't JP, it was MB, and he said, "Um, no, we don't bring a player back." Yeah if they brought back more than one, they didn't bring a (one) player back.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "exactly"
MB, JP, whatever. don't they share a hotel room?

anyway... yeah... that's what I'm saying. bastiges.

the more it starts to materialize, the more I really HATE this ghost tribe thing. and that makes me mad, too, b/c JP was right: you love it or you hate it.

- hates being manipulated by MB and SeeBS

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-16-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: exactly"
That's what I was hmmmmmin'g over BR; it could be tonight b/c technically then it hasn't happened yet. I'm going to pay very cloooooooooooseee attention to everything said

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
Probst on The Big Lie: "Well, I'm in danger of becoming Mark in over-hyping the lie, but I'm out there actually believing this thing, and when I find out that its really a lie, it surprises me! Is it like Ted and Ghandia? Not really . . . its a flat-out absolute lie that one person tells everybody else, and they believe it. In fact, I'm sure that they still don't know its a lie and won't find out until they watch the show along with the audience."
(This quote is from the latest BT/BL/BR thread started by Misto.)

Something is wrong here. Jiffy says that they (the survivors) still don't know the BL was a lie, and won't know until they watch the show. But Burton not only knows there is a lie; he also says it hasn't happened yet .

How the heck does he know?

Something is wrong here. In a perfect world they would have let Wussten sink to the bottom of the briny deep (all 10 feet of it)...then when he washed up, they would have cooked and eaten him...once SuperRupert showed them how.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
>>Something is wrong here. Jiffy says that they (the survivors) still don't know the BL was a lie, and won't know until they watch the show. But Burton not only knows there is a lie; he also says it hasn't happened yet .

Burton probably knows about the lie the same way all of us do - reading about it on the internet.

I agree, however, that he shouldn't necessarily know yet whether or not the lie has been told. According to Jiffy, they don't figure out the lie's been told until they see the truth on the show. In fact, if the lie has already been told and Burton is unaware of it, that definitely increases the "motherf---er" reaction when the truth comes out.

At this point I don't think there's any way to know if the lie has already been told. I don't think we're going to see the lie and the truth in the same episode (that's too soon to cause a mofo response). My guess, the lie has already been told, but it was subtle. We'll get another look at the lie in future episodes and then the big truth comes out. Should be fun.

-P

10-16-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
He might have already figured out what the lie is, even if he wasn't there for it. Suppose Jon tells the lie. Burton got along with Jon and found him entertaining. Jon might have told Burton what he did if they spent time at LL together.

d4emend 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-17-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail d4emend Click to send private message to d4emend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
He didn't answer because he was afraid he might say anything incriminating for him and Michelle, maybe... Since Michelle was the next one and they get to see each other in LL, maybe they've hooked up?

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-16-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
I heard this interview as I drove my son to school this morning. The radio station was KFOG and their website is kfog.com. I wasn't able to find a link to the actual interview on the website; either they don't post them or it just isn't up yet (or I just plain didn't look hard enough!)

In the interview Burton really didn't elaborate very much about the BL/BR/BT other than to say it hasn't happen yet. That was about the only insightful thing that came out of it. Other than him just saying he wasn't teasing Rupert all the time, just the few times he did became part of the show, and he teased him the way he would any guy in a dress.

Sorry I didn't pay better attention!

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-16-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "another angle"
hi all.

i have a feeling that the big thingS aren't going to come out until there are some jury members there. Jiffy could mean that only MOST of the players find out about it later, and he wasn't including the ones at LL, which might explain why Burton can hear about it from us.

Evil Queen in Disguise

sharking49 28 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharking49 Click to send private message to sharking49 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Burton on San Fran Radio this a.m."
Ok here's an idea-----what IF the Big Lie is that they let the rumor out about a player/s coming back and thats the lie and the reason no one knows until they watch is because WE were the ones lied to???? hmmmm??

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Duh"
I think a theme of this year's spoiling is that we're overanalyzing everything! Not that I don't do that too... Just an observation.

What if the Big Lie hasn't happened yet? Maybe that's all he said? Maybe he's just saying that he HASN'T had a big "mother f*****" moment yet?

All he said is that it hasn't happened yet. Which it hasn't.

I'm guessing it'll happen in Ep 6. We'd have an indication from CBS if it does happen tonight.

A 2003 IceCat original

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Duh"
could be the big lie hasn't been shown on the show yet, but maybe the truth was revealed in a confessional? Since JP said he went along with it, maybe he discovered the truth watching tapes of the early confessionals?

Burton's coming back in the game, so I'm sure he saw what the lie was, and somehow he has since figured out that it was in fact a lie. Don't know how he could if JP insists they probably won't know it's a lie until they see the show, unless something has happened already to prove the lie false (possibly involving last weeks vote)...

Or maybe he's the one that tells it.

I'm all confused now.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-16-03, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Burton & Returning"
here's yet another thought to Burton/someone/two returning:

what if, all the bootees return to make up the jury?
does MB like to stay with the formula or spice things up??
they've changed the way the merges are done every time, so what can they come up with this time?

i also still think it entirely possible that someone injured is replaced too.

Evil Queen in Disguise

fishtank 36 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fishtank Click to send private message to fishtank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Duh"
I have a couple of thoughts regarding Burton's comments as well as MB's earlier ones.
As regards Burton - If he actually did not return to the game and all he knows about what has happened since his boot is what he sees with the rest of us - and JP said HE didn't realize it was a lie for a long time, Burton wouldn't know if the lie had been told or not and is just having us on.
As regards MB - He said WE didn't bring a player back. What if "we" was a convenient way of avoiding saying that a player "was allowed" to come back or a team "brought a player back."
Just some thoughts. Shoot me down if you may.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-03, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Burton the liar?"
It seems to me that the only way that Burton would know if the BIG LIE had been told or not is if he was the liar. So he may tell the big lie when/if he returns to the game. Or he is lying now.

If you want breakfast in bed then sleep in the kitchen.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •