The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unwatchable Crapola"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-03, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unwatchable Crapola"
I have been hooked on reality tv since Survivor I, and I kept the torch going through The Mole, Amazing Race, and some of the train wrecks like Chains of Love, Surreal Life, etc., and some of what I find to be compelling like True Life on MTV, and Global Extremes on OLN. However, I am throwing in, or should I saw throwing up over the latest round of dreck that has just slithered through, or is about to arrive. It is unwatchable crapola! The latest stuff is going to be even worse...I don't care who the most talented kid is or the most talented senior, who is hot or who is not, or who gets married or who splits up....it all sucks! Count me in on what seem to be the old staples, but I am taking a huge pass on everything else.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Unwatchable Crapola ejm92 03-07-03 1
 RE: Unwatchable Crapola wildchickenhunter 03-07-03 2
 RE: Unwatchable Crapola mocha madness 03-14-03 3
   RE: Unwatchable Crapola AZ_Leo 03-14-03 4
       RE: Unwatchable Crapola Kokoro 03-15-03 5
           RE: Unwatchable Crapola AZ_Leo 03-17-03 7
               RE: Unwatchable Crapola Kokoro 03-18-03 8
   fox smiles 03-17-03 6
 RE: Unwatchable Crapola Kokoro 03-18-03 9
   ABC jase 03-19-03 10
 watchable Crapola toddE 03-19-03 11
 RE: Unwatchable Crapola Survivorchick 04-02-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-07-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
I couldn't agree with you more...these shows are getting worse each time a new one airs. I like shows with a winner...I don't like dating shows.....if it is like Survivor, I'll watch it...but this blind date, romance, marriage by America, Senior Idol, Kiddie Idol, and I simply cannot get interested in any type of Military real-life reality shows...and the sports ones don't do much for me, either....so please, please, stick to Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, Mole....puh-leeeeze!

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
I agree. Where are the good old (mostly bad) sitcoms?
Other than a few exceptions, everything is either bad reality TV or CSI. Not that CSI is bad(it is pretty good), but I was watching one the other night and I swear it was CSI - Des Moines. Now come on. Do they really need so many versions of this show that they would have to use Des Moines?
Anyway, lets get back to the basics. Survivor, Mole and TAR and forget the rest of this crap!

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-03, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
The "other reality" forum has expanded because of all the new "reality" shows, and it seems the threads and assorted comments of my fellow posters on these shows all point to one conclusion....it is unwatchable crapola. The new stuff is so bad I do not even want to watch, and then bash....there is no fun in that because the latest network offerings are unoriginal, boring, and are high on the crapola meter. I read today that Howard Stern has brought a lawsuit against ABC and the producers of the "Are you Hot" show because they ripped off his idea, and are producing it as their own. ABC is also programming a "where are they now" on previous contestants on the "Bachelor"....how about a show entitled Who Cares What Happened to the Assorted Bartenders, Model-Wannabies, and other Media Whores who were not talented enough to make it in television? Yeah....I know I am getting bitter....this rant is over....last thought....which network makes the most crapola, Fox or ABC? Cast your vote.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"

>which network makes the most crapola, Fox or ABC? Cast your vote.

Are you hot pushed ABC toward the edge of being as bad as Fox. However, as long as they keep The Mole going they get extra credit in my ledger. If they cancel The Mole then flip a coin.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-03, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
"Extreme Makeovers" is also another amazingly shallow and terrible ABC show, but it's true that as long as they have "The Mole", they're still not doing bad in the reality department. I bet though, that if "The Mole" was on CBS (Like 3/4 original and actually watchable reality shows are), it would be doing much better than it is on ABC.

And I totally agree with this thread: Survivor, TAR, The Mole and BB (Some may disagree with this one, but I still think it's a really good trashy "guilty-pleasure" show, unlike say, the trasy but terrible Temptation Island) are the only shows that really deserve to stick around, at least on the big 3(5) networks, since there are a lot of cool little unique shows on assorted cable networks.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
> I bet though, that if "The Mole" was on CBS (Like 3/4 original and actually watchable reality shows are), it would be doing much better than it is on ABC.

Maybe we should start a "Save the Mole" write in campaign to Les Moonves.

03-18-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
Since 'Celebrity Mole' did so well, I doubt ABC would be willing to give it up, although I'd still love to see it on CBS, because it would be sure to be a hit on the #1 network.

I wonder if Les has ever thought of buying The Mole? It ~would~ make CBS a major monopoly in the world of reality television.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "fox"
I think Fox has the most crapola. I will say that I did enjoy Joe Millionare. However, that is the only reality show that I watched on Fox.

I too would be happy with the basics (Survivor, TAR, BB, and Mole). I am really waiting for TAR4 to re-appear! June will be an eternity with all of the other junk that is on the screen.

03-18-03, 11:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
Another thing I don't get is why someone just doesn't come up with new ideas for reality shows.

Why does every new show have to be some craptastic relationship show where you know that no matter what, the "winners" will be separated a month after filming ends?

It's not as if everything's been done. I've heard good ideas for new shows just from the minds of normal people over the internet, so why can't teams of paid executives come up with something interesting to join the big 4?

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "ABC"
They're the worse when it comes to reality tv programming. None of their shows are worth watching. They reached a new low with "All American Girl" and "Are you HOT?"

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "watchable Crapola"
If it is unwatchable, no one will watch and the shows will be cancelled.
For example, there will probably be no "Are You Hot 2" ( a show I personally find extremely watchable but undeniably crappy) and several other shows have been cancelled, like that Push, Nevada, show et.al.

Celebrity Mole was the BOMB! Loved it! All the dating shows, etc, leave me cold-but lots of women seem to like them (they ALWAYS split up immediately).

The talent shows are popular now, but seem like overload.

And what is so sad, the reality shows are better than most of the fiction. I am sad to say that most "comedy" shows are unwatchable, IMO. "According to Jim?" "* Simple Rules..", et. al. are just the WORST!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-03, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Unwatchable Crapola"
Yep, you simply have to draw the line somewhere. My favourite reality shows are TAR and Survivor. I will watch and record Big Brother. I also watched the Mole (but missed Celebrity Mole cause I was out of the loop). My guilty pleasures are the Bachelor and Temptation Island. Originally, I refused to watch the Bachelor because it seemed trashy. My Mom of all people talked me into it, so I got hooked on the second season. AND I watched Joe Millionaire (but was too embarassed to admit it). My line is about halfway through Joe Millionaire.

The day of the final Joe Millionaire episode, my boss came out and said "OK. Fess up. Who else watches Joe Millionaire? Come on." I waited for a minute and then sheepishly said. "Ok! Ok! I'm busted."

But honestly, I can't sit through Blind Date or Marry whoever or American Idol or any of that other crap. I like to watch reality shows that put "real" people into interesting stressful situations and watch how they react and interact. That's what I get out of reality shows. I don't like to see people make major decisions that will ruin their lives - I don't want to be a total voyeur and I don't want to waste hours of my life on mindless crap TV. It IS getting worse and worse. But eventually, the networks will catch on. Nobody can watch that junk for long, can they?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •