The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-13-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
Survivor Phoenix has the story complete with wedding pictures.

Survivor Christa's Dream Wedding

She doesn't look like she lost a significant amount of weight, but she did have over a month to put it back on.

It seems that Survivors in the past have not fared very well after appearing in a tabloid. This, coupled with Snewser downgrading her, does not bode well for Christameth.

A Kyngsladye Original

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... dabo 10-15-03 1
   RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... frisky 10-15-03 2
       RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... Rothschild 10-15-03 3
   RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... Devious Weasel 10-15-03 4
 RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... big idiot 10-15-03 5
   RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... Acawap 10-15-03 6
       RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... NTK 10-15-03 7
 Tabloid spoiler status big idiot 10-17-03 8
 RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magaz... wendyp 10-17-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
Posted by: Survivor Phoenix on Oct 12, 2003 - 01:23 AM

STAR MAGAZINE - hard copy only, no link available
by Carole Glines
October 21, 2003 issue

After the ceremony and dinner, guests feasted on a three-tiered white wedding cake with lemon-butter cream.

The Food
Stuffed breast of chicken; salad with goat cheese; asparagus; mashed potatoes; champagne.

Good find, bebekid. Many players have been booted within a few weeks of being featured in articles in weeklies. Also, if it is worth anything, Christa probably kept her weight under control as much as possible between getting booted and getting married.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
>The Food
>Stuffed breast of chicken; salad with goat cheese; asparagus; mashed potatoes; champagne.

What? No "Catch of the Day?"

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-15-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
Goat Cheese was a nice addition. Was Jon invited ????

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
"The groom was resplendent in brown shirt and jackboots..."

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
I posted the following another thread, but see that it fits here better:

"Christa: Christa has a story in Star Magazine this week. This doesn't bode well for longevity."

Is the "Tabloid Spoiler" approach legit?

I was wondering if someone could do an actual analysis on Bootees and Tabloids (anyone a Tabloid packrat?)

Scenarios:
1) 8 stories on Survivors, all stories appeared within 2 episodes of their boot. Obvious super spoiler potential.

2) 8 stories on survivors, 4 appeared within 2 episodes of their boot. I'm not convinced if this would be statistically significant. Significance decreases as the game goes further because odds of their boot in an episode keeps rising.

I think we may be mistaking editorial strategy for spoiler strategy. Example: Tabloid editor receives 4 stories about 4 different survivors. 2 are already booted, so editor sees them as old news and never even runs their story. Editor confers with staffer that loves survivor (and may be a spoiler follower), "chuck" tells editor to hold story on Osten cause he may go further then Christa. So Lillian story is tossed, Burton story is tossed, Osten story is held and Christa story is run. These tabloids are still in business because of strategies like these.

And we perceive Christa story as prediction of near boot...talk about getting hit with one's own boomerang...

Just a thought, BI

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-03 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

I can't believe I actually did this, but I went to the Star and National Enquirer sites and searched on all things Survivor related. Found stories about contestants from all years past.

Most of them involved contestants from previous shows getting arrested or posing nude. Most of these were winners of the show -- Richard, Jenna, Brian.

The only article I found even close to boot week was an article on Kimmi, which came the week AFTER she was booted.

I went through over 200 stupid articles, and didn't find ONE that corresponded with a soon-to-be-bootee. Naturally, I could've (and probably did) miss one or two, but even so, I don't see any way to equate an article about a wedding and getting booted soon.

edited to reflect that I still think Christameth is out this week anyway!!

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-03 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

OK, I can't believe I actually bought the National Enquirer for the Ted/Ghandia thing. And, I was actually excited to do it. Don't have the issue anymore. But, it was on the stands at the grocery store Friday right after Episode 2, Thailand. There had been hints of some sexual tensions developing. The article had a surprising amount of details-it happened after TC, Ted said he thought she was his wife. All the details in the article played out in Episode 3 the next Thursday. The article did say Ghandia did have a hard time forgiving. I don't remember if it said it led to her downfall or that her downfall was implied. Anyway, her tribe did not go to TC in E3. But in E4, she was still holding a grudge and forgot to mention that Ted said he was sorry and she was voted off in E4. It was really odd to see all the details before E3 actually aired.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Tabloid spoiler status"
Great work acawap and NTK, overall it looks pretty convincing (especially after Christa NOT going last night) that Tabloid articles should not have heavy spoiler emphasis based on timing of article release (although content may still be important).

BI

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-17-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christa's Wedding in Star magazine"
Her article did not mention any of the other survivors as going to her wedding. The one about Penny's wedding had Clay and others going to her wedding.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •