The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"clue in first show: aha!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jurymember 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-00, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jurymember Click to send private message to jurymember Click to check IP address of the poster
"clue in first show: aha!"
Regarding the age-old question of what was the clue Joel (and others?) referred to in the first show: All I know is that when I watched the first show, the first two people that I thought would get in a cat fight and kick each other off were: Sue and Rich. Remember how they had completely different styles? He wanted to sit down in a circle around a camp and discuss strategy and goals and team building. She made fun of that and told him she wanted to work, and not sit around and talk. The irony is that they end up (per my analysis, see prior post) the last two survivors, the ultimate alliance. Mr. Corporate American and Ms. Blue Collar Worker. What a funny alliance. Not only did they start out on the wrong foot, appearing to be two that would end up arch enemies, but they are so opposite in life style. Here she is married with no kids, and he's unmarried with one kid. How in the world did these opposites attract?

Maybe that is the "clue" that has been referenced. Not sure it's a clue of who ultimately wins, so much as a clue as to the final two. Interesting that her "let's get to work" attitude beats out the "let's make this a mind game and sit and talk" strategy. In that first episode, remember, she turns her back on him as he sits alone, perched in a tree, and she joins the others.....who later will vote her the winner....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: clue in first show: aha! NTK 08-22-00 1
 RE: clue in first show: aha! qwkslvr 08-22-00 2
   RE: clue in first show: aha! outlast 08-22-00 3
       RE: clue in first show: aha! kimber 08-22-00 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: clue in first show: aha!"
I'm sure many people who had this episode taped rewatched it to pick up the missing clue. It was interesting to see, but I sure didn't see any clues. It seemed like just another manipulative red herring. The spin you put on the Sue/Rich interaction is funny and has a ring of truth.

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-00, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: clue in first show: aha!"
>How in the world did these opposites attract?<

When Rich discovered Sue was a "man in a woman's body".

outlast 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail outlast Click to send private message to outlast Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: clue in first show: aha!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-00 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

I'm starting to wonder if it's not simply a clue that just appeared in the 1st show, but started in the 1st show and has been in every show since.

Only thing that springs to mind is the survivor slogan "Outwit, outplay, outlast"

Outwit: arguments can be made for all 4. Rich gets the most TV time for this, but they are all playing mindgames with each other. No determation who represents this word best, IMO.

Outplay: again arguments for all 4. Who is outplaying whom is hard to tell until the winner is determined.

Outlast: IMO only 2 candidates represent this word best. Rudy, who seemed to squeak by in everyvote, or Kelly, who hasn't gotten a single vote.

Since in the 1st episode the only person you would think Outlasted the vote would be Rudy, I'd think this statement points to him as the winner.

So this is more speculation than a spoiler, but pick away.

kimber 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kimber Click to send private message to kimber Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: clue in first show: aha!"
The slogan was used throughout the show. Remember the large game board, that they had to turn over the tiles? when it was complete, the slogan was part of the insignia.

Good thought though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •