The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-11-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Pearl Islands Episode 6 Title:
"Me and My Snake"
Airdate: 10.23.03

First Impressions:

If Jon is the snake, this could be a comment made by Shawn about him and his alliance Buddy Jon. In which case Shawn thinks he's still in control of HIS snake Jon.

If the title refers to Jonand Shawn, we could conclude that they survives EP5.

Does Jon tell the infamous big lie on his way to becoming the snake?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake 1derfool 10-11-03 1
   RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake VerucaSalt 10-11-03 2
 RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake zzz 10-13-03 3
 RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake jkokoj 10-13-03 4
   RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake zzz 10-13-03 5
       Christa = Lex? mavsfan 10-16-03 7
           Shawn's vote FesterFan1 10-16-03 9
       RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake KObrien_fan 10-16-03 8
           RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake jkokoj 10-16-03 10
           RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake Brownroach 10-16-03 11
               RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake KObrien_fan 10-16-03 16
               RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake kykate 10-17-03 25
 RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake badger 10-16-03 6
   RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake Brownroach 10-16-03 12
       RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake Bebo 10-16-03 13
           RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake Brownroach 10-16-03 15
   RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake GuessItRains 10-16-03 14
       RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake pdragonfly 10-16-03 17
           double meaning cqvenus 10-16-03 18
               RE: double meaning 1derfool 10-16-03 19
 Keep the Spoilers on the East Coast... IceCat 10-16-03 23
 RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake survivorscott 10-17-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-03, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
>Pearl Islands Episode 6 Title:
>"Me and My Snake"

I noticed in Rupert's bio: Books/Authors: Books about reptiles. Since I have some pets of the reptilian kind, I couldn't help but notice and remember that.

There have been several reptiles shown during the show, so possibly he might just have found a snake on the island. I'm hoping Jon is deadly afraid of them, giving the tribe an opportunity to have some fun with him.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-11-03, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
It is so soon to even contemplate that this is anything more than a stupid title for someone who bonded with a reptile I remember the Amazon titles killed me and they meant a lot less than what they worded to be (damn MB)

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Assuming Jon and Shawn are the title characters for Ep6 (hard to see who else would be the snake, but Ep5 may shed some light), does this mean either (1) one of them goes in Ep6 or (2) they orchestrate the ouster of someone else (perhaps Rubert) or (3) none of the above?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-13-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Jon = "me" Shawn ="snake". I read somewhere that Jon outs Shawn as being the other vote for Burton. You would think if these 2 were a secret alliance they would have kept it a better secret and had Shawn voting with Michelle just to make it "look good". Jon thinks he is crafty, i.e. cocky, but he could be playing rather stupid if he is revealing who is part of what alliance.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I think Shawn will be outed next episode (Ep5) not Ep6. So it does not seem that the title would refer to Shawn being outed as the Burton voter.

Based on the clip I saw (from upcoming Ep5), I think Shawn wants to be outed. The whole point of voting against Burton was to try to get people to believe he was part of the team and was never aligned with Burton. This may only help for one vote, putting him after Michele rather than before, but that may have been the best he could do under the circumstances.

On the other hand, perhaps after being outed in Ep5, Shawn finds he has no friends (Michele feeling betrayed and everyone else never liking him) other than Jon and thus becomes his personal "snake" (or "shadow" as the original lyrics to the song went).

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Christa = Lex?"
I'm not sure Jon out's Shawn.

If I remember correctly, Shawn is shown saying he voted for Burton, not Christa.

Jon says he saw Shawns vote. (I don't think he said That he saw Shawn voted Christa, Just that he saw Shawns vote).

We are assuming this indicates Jon says someting to the effect of
"I saw Shawns vote, he voted for Christa."
He could however be saying "I saw Shawns vote, he voted for Burton."

Christa knows there were 2 votes against her. She thought it came from Burton and Shawn. Now Jon may be telling her "no I saw Shawns vote, he voted Burton." -- Giving us a Lex style snake hunt by Christa... Resulting in Christa pissing everyone off and getting her voted off.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Shawn's vote"
Jon says he saw Shawns vote. (I don't think he said That he saw Shawn voted Christa, Just that he saw Shawns vote).

Alliances aside, Jon would've seen Shawn's vote because the vote not shown was Jon's. That may be the larger discussion that isn't shown in the previews. It's completely within Jon's character to flaunt the fact that he knows because his vote was the hidden vote.

Unless they're complete idiots, they'll realize the last vote was for Burton.

Fester

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I just wanted to toss in that at TC when Jiffy reads the votes, he stops reading them when a player has enough to be voted off. I don't believe the players are told who the last vote still in the bucket is for, so they are left to speculate, and/or tell each other when they return to camp. Jiffy even says "the last vote will remain a secret". We know it was 5-2 vote because of the show and cbs site. What advantage would it be for the players to reveal who they voted for? We know Shawn voted for Burton, but as far as Michelle knows, he could have just as easily voted for Christa, and so at this point she may not know that he didn't go with their alliance. Maybe Jon wants to get Shawn to admit he broke the alliance by voting for Burton, so that Michelle feels vulnerable. Jon may be doing this in his overzealous puppetmaster strategy, and it may end up back-firing on him.

Kathy Obrien Fan for life

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Welcome KOfan! That is my take as well. Jon is trying to control the alliances. I find him to be snake like, but I also can see him saying "Me" and "My snake".

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I suspect Jon is trying to spare Shawn from being the next target of the other alliance, since he is in an alliance with Shawn. Hence his calling attention to Shawn's vote for Burton. If he pushes too hard, it should raise some eyebrows though.

Jiffy even says "the last vote will remain a secret".

He did say something more cryptic like that last week, didn't he? Usually he says, "no need to read any more votes."

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Hi Brown-
I have watched that episode approximately 6 times since last week, and I believe with about 99% certainty that what Jiffy said was "the last vote will remain a secret".

In any case, what he said is not nearly as important as the fact that the players really don't know for sure who the last vote was for, with the exception of the person who wrote it. In this case I would have to agree it was Jon since he wrote all of that extra stuff on his. Therefore, he didn't need to actually see Shawns vote as he may claim (wierd if this happens to end up as the big lie), since it was 4-2 with Jon's unrevealed vote of Burton.

Maybe Jon trying to bring this out in the open is his way to see how honest and reliable Shawn is as an alliance mate? Jon may be thinking of the end game and a F2 of him and Shawn, this could be his way of getting others to mistrust Shawn depending on how it plays out with Shawn's reaction to the outing of info...in any case I can see how this could easily backfire on him in the near future.

Kathy Obrien fan for life

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-17-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I don't think what Jeff says at the end when the castaway announced has any significance. He has never read all the other votes after the decision has been made. He is just putting it another way. After all "no need to read any more votes" means the last vote(s) are going to remain secret.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I *think* I read on TDT that episode 6 revealed the mysterious ghost tribe. Of course, that info has now been expunged from that site. But anyway. . . perhaps the "me" and the "snake" are our own MB and JP!! I for one think this resurrection stuff is pretty sneaky, snaky, etc etc

-badger

10-16-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

If they're going to bring three people back at different intervals, it makes sense that the first one returns next week. The last person would have to be back in before the Ep 8 TC, when jury formation begins.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I hadn't read about the possible TDT spoiler to support things shaking up next week, but it fits in with my wacky speculation of how things could go:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=4208&forum=DCForumID2&omm=33

And as for the E6 title, we have the revealed alliance of Shawn and Jon. I could see Shawn referring to Jon as the snake, or vice versa.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-16-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
I just checked TDT's Ep 6 spoiler page and for Reward Challenge he has "Return of the Booted Players?"

Maybe that is what Badger saw.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Doesn't really seem like a title that would fit with bringing back a ghost tribe or tribe member to me. The other "twist" episode titles have all been more obvious than this.

S3: "The Twist" (tribal switch)
S4: "The Winds Twist" (tribal switch)
S5: "Assumptions" (delayed merge)
S6: "Pick-Up Sticks" (tribal switch)

Unless the "snake" is somebody ousted who than comes back to inflict revenge? Burton (or Christa) inflicting revenge on Jon or Shawn, perhaps??

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-16-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
Jon's more of a rat than a snake. And I hope we don't have to suffer through another episode with him in it. When Jon outs Shawn he allienated himself. I can't imagine anyone NOT voting for him at TC this week.
Remember Nicole was booted out for her trouble making antics, and I do believe that that is what happens to Jon.
On the annoying meter, Jon is worse than Christa (who's yet to annoy me - kinda liked that she stuck up for Rupert and his sewing).

I think someone befriends a snake of the reptile sort, as previously mentioned - Rupert). Jon's no longer there. His last words are: "me and that Pelican both got the shaft."

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "double meaning"
probably someone will find a snake in the first five seconds of the episode, leading us to believe that was all it was about.

then later someone will be shady in some snake-like way.

poor snakes. they have such a bad rep.

- would never insult a snake by comparing it to jon

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: double meaning"

> would never insult
>a snake by comparing it
>to jon

Same thoughts here - my corn snake was really miffed to have Jon lumped in with her kind.

I've noticed the previews (or at least on my channel 13 CTV in Ontario Canada) has shown more reptiles this week than I remember in previous weeks. Maybe I'm just clued in more with the EP6 title discussion, but I'm really beginning to think it's at least partly reptile related. Maybe it's some magic snake oil that brings the dead players back to life

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Keep the Spoilers on the East Coast Thread"
Please keep the discussion of tonight's epeisode on the East Coast Update thread until after 11:00 pm.
Thanks

Xtreme Blonde, your post has been cut and pasted over to the East Coast thread.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-17-03, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: EP6 Title: Me and My Snake"
We now know rupert found a hurt snake, so it looks like he will be the focus of the week (again). When I saw him find Balboa and put it together with this title, all I could think about was the scene from the Jerk with Steve Martin were he leaves in just his bathrobe and saying "I don't need anything but this lamp , and my dog etc."
I can see Rupert saying "All I need is this snake"

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •