The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burton's CBS Chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burton's CBS Chat"
Copied from Snewser.

Q: Did you have any idea you were the target?
Burton: I knew that some people were going after me and some people were going after Christa, and I had a pretty good idea that Jon was going to be the deciding factor, and I was just hoping it would not be me and it would be Christa. So, I knew there was a chance, but I thought it was pretty slim.

Q: Why did you want to vote Christa off so bad?
Burton: Because I was looking ahead, down the road in the game, and just really thinking that Christa or Sandra would be two who would definitely go after me and Christa was a bigger threat in challenges than Sandra. Additionally, Christa irritated a lot of people and caused a lot of internal conflict in our tribe.

Q: What exactly was it about Christa that you didn't like?
Burton: The fact that everyone could be standing around in a good mood and she would just out of the blue throw in a random question to cause arguments or just be rude to someone. To give you an example, in the show, Shawn, Christa, and I and probably some others were standing around the fire and Christa says to Shawn "did you go to college?" and he says yes, and then she asked if he graduated. He said yeah, and then for no reason, she looked at me and asked the same thing. And her laugh and stupid facial expressions get old after a while also.

Q: Why did you decide to confide in Rupert? Did you have any idea that he would share your secret plan?
Burton: I thought I could trust Rupert, first off, but the other reason I confided in him is because he and I were the two biggest threats and I thought working together and having an alliance would help both of us go farther, but as it turns out, I didn't know he was so insecure and took the jokes earlier on to heart, and went and told everyone what I'd talked about with him. For the record, that conversation (the one where we talked about being strong players) was over an hour long and it was a two way conversation, not just me suggesting things to him.

Q: Isn't it funny that the first member from each tribe voted out appeard to have spoken too soon about a strategy?
Burton: What they didn't show is that there were strategic talks non-stop, you know from early on they just didn't show it. So, it may have looked like I was the first to bring it up, but other people talked about throwing the challenge. I think Jon brought it up. It wasn't a secret and I'd heard at least six people talk about throwing the challenge.

Q: In retrospect, how much do you want to kick your own butt for having that conversation with Rupert?
Burton: It was a conversation that I thought needed to take place and I had no reason to believe Rupert wouldn't think strategically and logically, so I don't regret it.

Q: Do you think watching the episodes that you and Shawn were a little rude to Rupert?
Burton: I acted to Rupert the way I would act to any of my good friends. I was lightheartedly joking around. Rupert took those way more personally than I expected him to and after seeing the show, I mean, obviously, he has insecurity issues from the past. Nothing was stated maliciously, it's just the way that I act around friend that I hang out with. If any of my friends ever wear a skirt, I'll definitely give them a hard time.

Q: I can't say I am sorry to see you go, you were rude and mean, you reminded me of a high school bully. Did you learn anything by seeing yourself on tv?
Burton: I know that I'm not in high school and those are just bits and pieces, once again. I mean, I talked to Rupert about fishing and helped him do this and that, and he helped me. So, we did work together on a number of things that may or may not have made it on the episodes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I pushed him around or bullied him. I think it was three little jokes.

Q: You got five votes! Who was your alliance and why did they turn on you?
Burton: My close alliance was with Shawn and Michelle with Jon on the outside for a questionable vote. Both Jon, which I knew was a possibility, and Shawn voted against me. After watching the show, what I'm pretty sure happened is that at the last minute Jon told Shawn that he was voting me out, and it was in Shawn's best interest to change alliances and go with the majority, which any player would have done.

Q: Jeff looked pissed last night at Jon. Did he say anything else to Jon that we didn't get to see?
Burton: Jeff was clearly not happy with Jon at the TC because it was disrespectful to the game and the people and Jeff made that very clear and he asked that it never happen again.

Q: What was Jon driking, and how much did he consume before you went to TC?
Burton: I think it was some sort of whiskey that we'd mixed with coffee and he did not have much. He didn't have any more than anyone else, but since he weighs sixty pounds dripping wet, it had a greater effect on him.

Q: What were you and Jon doing out there in the water naked?
Burton: Jon had his clothes back on at that point, and I actually took advantage of having one last conversation with him to try to convince him to vote Christa off. The way the show was cut, you don't see that he put his clothes back on.

Q: So, will you be posing for Playgirl?
Burton: *laughs* I cannot answer yes to that question.

Q: Was Jon as annoying as he appeared on TV?
Burton: To some people, Jon was very annoying, but I actually found him quite humorous. Having someone like that on the tribe kept things interesting, and he was just a heatseeker for arguments and fights that kept others out of the spotlight from a negative standpoint.

Q: Out of everyone, who is your least favorite and why?
Burton: What you think of people changes on a daily basis, so it's really hard to say who's really your favorite. Because of the nature of the game, you could just as easily be in an alliance with the people you hate as the people you like, because at the end of the day, you'll use whoever you can to get you as far as you can in the game.

Q: Jeff really gives you guys a hard time and tells it like it is, doesn't he? Is he friendly at all, or more like a manager?
Burton: Jeff's a really nice, friendly person who does his job amazingly well and does what he has to to keep the game going and for him to understand what's happening.

Q: One of the things that is interesting to me about the show is that there must be thousands of hours of footage taken, how does it feel to see yourself edited into something the producers consider dramatic?
Burton: That's a very good point, and you never really know what to expect until you see it on TV, especially since a lot that happens is completely unknown to you because it's either in the other camp or behind the scenes. So, that's just the nature of a show that's being filmed 24 hours.

Q: Was there any hanky-panky between you and any of the others while you were on the island or after you were voted off?
Burton: No, and everyone loves to ask that question, but in this game of all games, it's not conducive to that whatsoever.

Q: Do, did you have a crush on any of the Survivor people?
Burton: No, but I did like Michelle the best out of all the girls in my tribe.

Q: What past survivors would you like to have on your tribe, if you got to choose?
Burton: I would say Hunter, Matthew, and Colby, and I can't think of the girls' names, but it would be a group of strong people versus just a few of them in a bigger group.

Q: When Rupert went to the other tribe, did anyone fear he would change loyalties?
Burton: Definitely, and in the show, Trish actually said so. It was unknown if he would spill the beans to them and tell them everything or if he would actually lie to them and not help them.

Q: I loved your comment about the best / smartest / strongest no longer being able to win ... who are you rooting for now?
Burton: It'll be interesting in the next couple of weeks to see who I end up rooting for as I watch alliances and characters develop in both tribes. Right now, there's so much up in the air. Other than Michelle, I don't know who I would root for.

Q: How tense was it on the beach when Osten was drowning?
Burton: I had just come in from getting a piece of the puzzle when I heard him screaming in the water and at first I thought he just needed help finding his puzzle piece, but then realized he was actually panicking. While it was probably really tough for him, nothing was going to happen, because we had so many people on the beach that could have saved him.

Q: Do you think Osten was really in trouble during the competition or just a wuss?
Burton: *laughs* I think he panicked in the water, but based on what I've seen on the show to this date, he's definitely as wuss also.

Q: What do you think of the way Rupert has played the game up to this point, and do you resent him for organizing the girls against you?
Burton: On the island, it didn't seem like Rupert was playing much of a game, he just seemed to be doing his own thing, and the only strategy I've seen on the show is him lying to me and turning around and going behind my back. Do I resent that? Yeah, I mean, he flat out lied and deceived me. While that's part of the game, I did think I could trust him.

Q: How funny was it that Jon acted like a wrestler, but kept getting thrown into the water during last night's challenge?
Burton: Jon acts and talks like a wrestler, but will never have any wrestling skills without gaining a couple hundred pounds. It was very funny in the challenge when he kept going in the water in the face offs with some of the girls.

Q: Why didn't you guys take the last pan from the other tribe? You should have depleted them of all essentials.
Burton: I agree with that, and figured if you're going to kick 'em when they're down, do it all the way, but I was overruled in that thinking.

Q: Do you feel that perhaps you, Michelle, and Shawn were too cliquish?
Burton: Yes, and after a few days, I realized that and therefore tried to change it, but it might have been a little bit too late. It wasn't intentional, it just sort of happened that way in the first day or two.

Q: What item in your possessions that you had to leave behind do you think could have helped you?
Burton: Nothing. It's a strategy game, and once you got over the fact that you only had what you wore into the game, it wasn't a big deal at all.

Q: Were you disappointed in the treasure chest contents?
Burton: To me, the treasure chest was really exciting, and we got a lot of great things out of it, but other people seemed to have ridiculous expectations and were therefore let down. For example, Rupert expected a water purifier. To me, having sugar, honey, coffee, whiskey, and canned food was great.

Q: How would canabalizing your own team prior to a merge be beneficial for you in the end game?
Burton: Assuming the Drake tribe eliminated everyone in the Morgan tribe and became the final eight, we then would have been forced to canabalize our own tribe. Once that is the case, it naturally tends to go the weak versus the strong, which would have put Rupert and me and Shawn in the minority, and in a very bad situation. So, my thought to eliminate some of the weaker players was to prevent that happening later in the game.

Q: Which member of the Morgan tribe would you have selected to be a part of your tribe if given the option?
Burton: Probably Ryan O. because he seemed to be strong, yet was not the obvious leader, and therefore would have been a good alliance partner.

Q: Why do you think the Morgan tribe did so poorly? Do you think that the team was weak mentally or physically?
Burton: I think they lacked strategy and they started off on the wrong foot on the first day without a plan and rushing through the villiage, leaving poorly supplied and with extra money. From what we've seen, it seems they never got on track mentally and strategically after that pint, and seemed to just implode on a daily basis. Seeing them at all the challenges, they appeared to be a very physical and competitive team, yet did not execute the challenges very well.

Q: Was your tribe aware of the poor conditions of the Morgan tribe?
Burton: Not to the extent that I've witnessed on TV, but we heard about it at every challenge to some degree. With a fishing spear and other means to get fish, it's not that the fish or food wasn't there as much as it was that they were unable to get it.

Q: What was your most embarrassing moment on the show?
Burton: *laughs* Being the first one kicked out of my tribe.

Q: Which challenge was the hardest for you personally?
Burton: The canon pull - the first challenge - was by far the most exhausting of all, because of the conditions, the length of it, and the sheer weight of the cannon.

Q: What would you do differently if you could start the game all over again?
Burton: I guess I would have tried to be a little more low-key, but for someone like me, it's just extremely difficult, if not impossible, because I know in any game like this where your strengths can be your weaknesses, I am at a disadvantage.

Q: What, if anything, do you miss about being on the island?
Burton: I miss the game, the challenges, oddly enough the people *laughs* and the fact that we had our own private lagoon that I could snorkel and spear fish in all day long.

Burton: Thanks for the support and keep watching!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burton's CBS Chat Jims02 10-10-03 1
   RE: Burton's CBS Chat VerucaSalt 10-10-03 2
       Rupert and Burton dont meet up an L... LookeeLoo 10-10-03 6
   RE: Burton's CBS Chat frisky 10-10-03 3
 RE: Burton's CBS Chat Brownroach 10-10-03 4
 RE: Burton's CBS Chat Jims02 10-10-03 5
   RE: Burton's CBS Chat SaphireLady 10-11-03 7
       RE: Burton's CBS Chat frisky 10-11-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the comment about Ryan O is very curious.

Did they bond at the LL together?

A 2003 IceCat original

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-10-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
Also find his animosity about Rupert palpable; could mean Rupert and Burton don't see each other at LL?

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Rupert and Burton dont meet up an LL?"
Well that is a very interesting thought. So if no LL swap, Rupert would go far. OR If LL swap, Burton would be 1 of the 3 that comes back. I believe Snewser speculated we may not have seen the last of Burton.

10-10-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
I, too, thought this was the "quote of note," Jim.

Q: Which member of the Morgan tribe would you have selected to be a part of your tribe if given the option?
Burton: Probably Ryan O. because he seemed to be strong, yet was not the obvious leader, and therefore would have been a good alliance partner.

They probably talked about it after the IC. They discussed whether or not Rupert was going to remain loyal. They probably talked about this new twist and what-they-would-do-if. Rhino is the chosen one.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
Q: I can't say I am sorry to see you go, you were rude and mean, you reminded me of a high school bully. Did you learn anything by seeing yourself on tv?

LOL.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
Not really a spoiler, but a note:

I also wanted to point out that it was really just Burton being Burton. In real life, it may be okay to tease your friends, but Burton didn't seem to understand that they're not really "friends" and only met 20 days ago.

It was kinda hypocritical to target Christa because she gets on their nerves. Y'know, it's okay to jokingly make fun of how Rupert looks and acts 24-7, because that's PHYSICAL. But it's not okay for Christa to tease them about EDUCATION. That's just crossing the line.

The reason why I wonder about that is because I've found myself teasing my buds about the silly stuff they do.

A 2003 IceCat original

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-11-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
I find it odd that a person just asking a getting to know you type question grated on his nerves. Geez, could it be that Christa saw right through him and down to his spoiled soul and that is why he wanted to get rid of her?

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

10-11-03, 09:49 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Burton's CBS Chat"
Ironically, he had the same reaction to her questions as Rupert did to his teasing. While he accuses Rupert of having "self-esteem issues" based on Rupert's reaction, I guess we can conclude that Burton also has self-esteem issues based on his reaction to Christa's questions.

Obviously, he found her questions more patronizing than getting-to-know-you. I think she found his sore spot and dug in. This shows she can be a good judge of people, but it is risky behaviour. It almost got her booted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •