The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jon in trouble"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jon in trouble"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-03 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Here are the details.

Edited to ass BR's fine update of what Jiffy said.

Jiffy said "he eventually developed a grudging respect for the 29-year-old contestant. Here's where it gets twisted: That same guy you're hoping falls on his face, the moment he does fall on his face, you instantly want him to get up. And then you're pulling for him".

We have the Big Lie that we don't know if it happened or not yet, but indirectly it was attached to Jon.

We have the Big Regret that we don't know if it happened or not yet but was implied that it tied to the Big Lie.

We have heard that someone at tribal council has had too much to drink and (I don't remember correctly but this is my remembrance of it) makes a scene.

Here is how I think they all tie together and why Jon goes.

I think the Big Lie happens this week. It involves Jon, though I think he will not tell it. The Big Lie causes Jon to be in the hot seat and know that most likely he is going to be voted out, although at the time almost no one knows it is a Big Lie except the teller. Later in the show the teller of the Big Lie will come to regret it, but we won't know why until that happens.

Drake loses the IC. It does not matter if Rupert goes to Morgan or not. Because of the Big Lie and knowing he is probable going home Jon drinks too much. At tribal council it is apparent that Jon is not long for the game. He makes some type of speech / comment that gets Jeff rooting for him to stay and go far in the game (similar to what Robb - with 2 b's did). But, Jon does not change the minds of the voters (just like Robb with 2 b's didn't) and he is the first one gone from Drake.

Booted

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jon in trouble Brownroach 10-09-03 1
 RE: Jon in trouble frisky 10-09-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jon in trouble"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-03 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

This was the article excerpt:

As for his dislike of Dalton, Probst says he eventually developed a grudging respect for the 29-year-old contestant. "Here's where it gets twisted: That same guy you're hoping falls on his face, the moment he does fall on his face, you instantly want him to get up. And then you're pulling for him."

I don't really get from this that we will ever "pull for" Jon in a big way. Probst had made negative comments about Jon in a couple of places, and may have just been trying to backpedal here.

But I do think these comments could apply to tonight's episode. Probst may see that the tribe is really down on Jon and wants him out (he "falls on his face"), but if "treachery" on the part of others is revealed, JP might wind up hoping Jon is not the victim of it ("you're pulling for him").

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jon in trouble"
I agree with you in that the Jon storyline of lie/regret/respect will start and finish in one episode. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that this same hype and nearly identical storyline was used with Robbbb in S4, and his storyline started and wrapped in that one episode that you mention. I believe the same thing will happen with Jon, but I don't want to say it will be tonight because I've already voted for Christa to get the boot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •