The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burton goes Scenarios..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burton goes Scenarios..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

OK, trying to create a reasonable Burton goes scenario…

Rupert/Sandra/Christa are one alliance; Burton/Shawn/Michelle are the other. Trish and Jon are floating in between. Jon would like to be part of the jock alliance, but he isn’t really, Trish seems top get along with everyone.

Christa and Sandra would like to get rid of Jon because he’s annoying. Burton also sees an opportunity to get rid of Jon and recruit Rupert in the process. Burton approaches Rupert about throwing the IC.

At the IC Rupert and Burton both sit out the challenge in order to lose. They lose the challenge as planned but the plan backfires when Rupert is rewarded to the Morgan Tribe.

Suddenly the advantage that Burton’s alliance had with Rupert is gone, Christa is upset with Burton and it’s Christa/Sandra/Trish versus Burton/Shawn/Michelle with Jon as the swing vote.

The Drake tribe gets liquored up with their treasure booze, and at TC, or before, it comes out that it was Burton’s idea to throw the challenge. Jon realizes that HE was the intended target at TC, and goes on a liquored up tirade. Jon offers to team up with Christa/Sandra/Trish and vote out the leader/traitor of the tribe.

Christa/Sandra/Trish realize that this is their chance to take control away from Burton/Shawn, and decide to unite with Jon to oust Burton.

The problem that I can’t get over is if Christa (and Sandra who can't stand Jon), Burton(and his twin Shawn) and Rupert all want Jon voted out, why does Rupert leaving change anything? Why should Burton be considered a traitor if so many agree that getting rid of Jon is a good idea? Why not vote out the less popular Shawn to break up the Burton/Shawn duo?

I’m concerned about the possibility of a Burton Boot, but I still can’t quite see a scenario that makes it work…

…any ideas?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... forehead 10-08-03 1
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... mistofleas 10-08-03 2
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... dabo 10-08-03 3
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... LeftPinky 10-08-03 4
   RE: Burton goes Scenarios... rpm 10-08-03 16
   RE: Burton goes Scenarios... LeftPinky 10-09-03 36
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... TeamJoisey 10-08-03 5
   RE: Burton goes Scenarios... big bobby clobber 10-08-03 8
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... Brownroach 10-08-03 6
   Found the quote Brownroach 10-08-03 7
       RE: Found the quote KLicK 10-08-03 9
           RE: Found the quote Brownroach 10-08-03 10
       RE: Found the quote TeamJoisey 10-09-03 34
           RE: Found the quote Brownroach 10-09-03 37
 How come Rupert sits out IC? Rain Crow 10-08-03 11
   RE: How come Rupert sits out IC? Brownroach 10-08-03 12
   RE: How come Rupert sits out IC? Krautboy 10-08-03 13
   RE: How come Rupert sits out IC? mistofleas 10-08-03 14
       RE: How come Rupert sits out IC? AZ_Leo 10-08-03 15
 Other options cowboyroo 10-08-03 17
   Okay, another try anninvt2002 10-08-03 18
       oooh! cqvenus 10-08-03 21
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... VerucaSalt 10-08-03 19
 CBS promotion KeithFan 10-08-03 20
 RE: Burton goes Scenarios... Ajenda 10-09-03 22
   RE: Burton goes Scenarios... VerucaSalt 10-09-03 23
       Africa anninvt2002 10-09-03 24
 Burton boot scenario Brownroach 10-09-03 25
   RE: Burton boot scenario Krautboy 10-09-03 26
       RE: Burton boot scenario Brownroach 10-09-03 27
       RE: Burton boot scenario NTK 10-09-03 28
           RE: Burton boot scenario Krautboy 10-09-03 29
               RE: Burton boot scenario VerucaSalt 10-09-03 31
                   RE: Burton boot scenario Brownroach 10-09-03 32
           RE: Burton boot scenario Brownroach 10-09-03 30
               yes anninvt2002 10-09-03 33
               Back to Thailand Bebo 10-09-03 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
Great post, KB!

I can't make it work either. Moreover, there are two possibilities for Burton approaching Rupert to throw the IC.

One: it's Burton's own initiative without consulting Shawn. B&S are so tight, this seems unlikely.

Two: Burton-Shawn-Michelle hatch the plan to approach Rupert and elect Burton to be the one to talk to Rupert. Shawn doesn't have the same level of respect with Rupert because of the spear incident. Michelle would rather continue to play the sweetheart in the background. This seems more likely to me.

If it's scenario two, there is even less reason to consider Burton as the traitor, because it's really all three of them.

forehead

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-03, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
A quick thought on just this part of your excellent theorizing Krautboy.

Why not vote out the less popular Shawn to break up the Burton/Shawn duo?

I would think that they'd go for Burton first because without Batman, Shawn*cough*Robin*cough* is nothing. He'll flounder realizing that being a macho jock doesn't mean that you've got control. Since Shawn isn't that popular, the majority will feel they'd be able to get rid of him at any time, but still using him for strength in the challenges until they go to TC again.

That's just my initial thought on this. I've got to get a Motion for New Trial out by 4:00pm so I'll come back and get into it more later.

--is happy happy when Krautboy gets all serious

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
Jon is squirley. Remember how unpredictable Christy in the Amazon turned out to be, maybe Jon is equally unpredictable?

Anyway, if it is Burton's idea to throw the challenge, and that results in the tribe losing Rupert, possibly it blows up in his face with him catching the blame.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-08-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
KB, I'm with you on the Christa boot, but Burton was my first thought with the following logic:

Burton (and company) get tired of one Survivor (it could be Jon or Christa) and brings to Rupert's attention that with their huge man advantage, they could throw a challenge, dump J/C and still have a strong tribe going into the merge.

Rupert detests the idea and goes off on Burton(in one of his confessionals??) as a traitor and "real pirates wouldn't do this." Takes his thoughts to Sandra, Trish and if not the designated dumpee, Christa. He's now planted a seed that Burton is going to ruin the Drunk Drakes.

Now we arrive a IC, by tribal decision Burton "wins" on his idea to blow the IC sitting Rupert, Burton and Trish. Once the teams are in place for the IC, Jiffy announces the new twist. IC over, Morons whine oops, sorry, WIN and choose Rupert as the spoils from the game. They now have 6 members including 4 strong men.

Meanwhile, back at the Drunks, Sandra/Trish and perhaps Christa are feeling betrayed by Burton's plan and convince the original designated bootee, Jon (OK, I figured that out while typing) to vote Burton off. Bye Bye Burton 4-3

OK, we all know that the survivor tribes are full of rocket scientists (sorry DAve), they won't regret voting off the strongest male remaining (Burton) until the next RC when the Morons use their new hero, Rupert against them. This sets up the Morons having so many remaining members for the F4 spoiler.

rpm 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-08-03, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rpm Click to send private message to rpm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."

>Burton (and company) get tired of
>one Survivor (it could be
>Jon or Christa) and brings
>to Rupert's attention that with
>their huge man advantage, they
>could throw a challenge, dump
>J/C and still have a
>strong tribe going into the
>merge.
>
>Rupert detests the idea and goes
>off on Burton(in one of
>his confessionals??) as a traitor
>and "real pirates wouldn't do
>this." Takes his thoughts
>to Sandra, Trish and
>if not the designated dumpee,
>Christa.

As I said in the 'Is Christa in trouble' thread, I don't think Christa was ever the designated dumpee. In the previews at the end of the last episode, we first hear about the discontent at the Drake camp from Christa who says "WE want someone to leave." This makes me think that she is tight enough in an alliance for her to talk about getting rid of a particular person or that others are comfortable enough with her that they would talk to her about it.

In either case, why is it Burton and not Christa that approaches Rupert about throwing the IC? I think the ease with which Darrah takes out Christa is evidence that she is in on the intentional losing. Maybe Christa and Rupert aren't alligned. Or maybe Christa is tighter with Burton than we think.

Whatever it is, I concur with KB's doubts about how Rupert's absence could possible detract Drake from voting out the original target. And the intended target could no longer count on Rupert's distaste of the idea of intentionally losing and his sense of fair play to help save him or her. So I don't think that they will change their initial plan.

Unless, like I said on the other thread, it comes out that is was Christa's idea to begin with and they turn on her.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-09-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
KB, I'm with you on the Christa boot, but Burton was my first thought with the following logic:
Burton (and company) get tired of one Survivor (Jon) and brings to Rupert's attention that with their huge man advantage, they could throw a challenge, dump Jon and still have a strong tribe going into the merge.

Rupert detests the idea and goes off on Burton(in one of his private confessionals or walks on the beach??) as a traitor and "real pirates wouldn't do this." Takes his thoughts to Sandra, Trish and Christa. He's now planted a seed that Burton is going to ruin the Drunk Drakes.

Now we arrive a IC, sitting Rupert, Burton and Trish. Once the teams are in place for the IC, Jiffy announces the new twist. IC over, Morons whine oops, sorry, WIN and choose Rupert as the spoils from the game. They now have 6 members including 4 strong men.

Meanwhile, back at the Drunks, Sandra/Trish and Christa are feeling betrayed by Burton's plan and convince the original designated bootee, Jon, to vote Burton off. Then the drinking of found whiskey begins.... Stay tuned for an entertaining TC and Bye Bye Burton 4-3

OK, we all know that the survivor tribes are full of rocket scientists (sorry DAve), they won't regret voting off the strongest male remaining (Burton) until the next RC when the Morons use their new hero, Rupert against them. This sets up the Morons having so many remaining members for the F4 spoiler.

**Edited to clean up!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-08-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

It's possible Burton is blamed for hatching Drake's thrown immunity plan which eventually costs them Rupert. Still, it would be foolish to evict him when you still have immunity challenges to win.

But these are Survivors, so expect the stupid:

Christa and Jon vote for Burton. Possibly they enlist Trish.

Given the opportunity, Sandra will vote for Jon. I can't see her writing any other name when she can write "Jon."

Shawn/Michelle/Burton will vote as a block. Probably for Jon.

BUT if they don't... suppose the tribe fragments?

Suppose Shawn/Michelle/Burton vote for Christa. Why? Perhaps she's the one who confessed the thrown immunity plan and blew their secret. Or, like Shoeless Joe Jackson, she plays hard during the challenge instead of taking the dive. (Or because she's annoying, which is why I would write her name down.)

Christa, Trish, Jon vote for Burton for his stupid idea.

Sandra votes for Jon, 'cause she can.

Now they have to re-vote, choosing only Christa or Burton. Sandra has to make a new choice, and chooses to send Burton home.

That's kinda flimsy, but a fractured vote is possible.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

big bobby clobber 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20bobby%20clobber Click to send private message to big%20bobby%20clobber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
>
>But these are Survivors, so expect
>the stupid:
>
Couldn't agree more. The stupidity factor should never be underestimated

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

KB, the only thing I can think of is that maybe Burton is not that tightly in an alliance with Shawn and Michelle and perhaps Trish and Jon are. We haven't heard any talk about alliances on Drake other than Jon's unspecific final 4 remark, so we are guessing according to what we are shown, but we don't know what's being hidden.

If that's the case and those four really blame Burton for throwing the challenge, they could turn on him.

But I'm having a hard time buying it. Besides which, there was a quote from JP (I'll try to find the exact wording) to the effect that "at least this time they didn't vote the strong players off early because they knew they'd need them later."

I can't see JP saying something like that if Drake voted out Burton at their first TC, especially if Drake is going to be losing Rupert's strength. So I'm leaning toward Christa right now.

10-08-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Found the quote"
anninvt2002 conveniently posted it in the Vote Thread:

Jeff Probst on the Early Show"
Jeff was just on and said a few nice tidbits. ........He also said that this time they realised that you better not vote off the strong ones early because they will be needed.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-08-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Found the quote"
I'm thinking that JP's quote could be applied to Morgan not voting off Osten because they knew they needed him for the challenges AND also not voting off Darrah for the same reason.

Burton could go and JP could still feel that way -- especially if keeping Osten and Darrah winds up to be the saving grace of all of the Morgans.

10-08-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Found the quote"
It occurred to me he could have been referring to Morgan, but so far Osten's strength hasn't helped Morgan win anything. And I don't think it really fits why they kept Darrah, even if she does win this week's IC for them.

I think he was saying that both teams realized the challenges were going to be physically demanding -- all of them have been so far -- so they weren't eager to boot strong players early.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Found the quote"
Of course, maybe they realized this after the fact. They boot Burton, and lose the next string of challenges. Doh!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

10-09-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Found the quote"
Yeah, but his use of "this time" suggested they finally did it in the correct order: 1) realize, then 2) don't vote off.

But apparently Drake is going to get it backwards again.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-08-03, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "How come Rupert sits out IC?"
I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation of how the tribe convinces Rupert to sit out the IC. If he is so determined NOT to throw a challenge, I would think he would refuse to sit it out because he knows what the others are up to.

Only reason I can think of is if Rupert has problems with balance and the other tribe members convince him they are better balanced and will not throw the challenge.

Could this be part of the Big Lie? Big Regret?

Any other ideas/theories/explanations to help me answer this question?

"Onward Thru the Fog"

10-08-03, 05:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: How come Rupert sits out IC?"
Maybe he grudgingly agrees. He won't have sat out any challenges yet by the time IC arrives. I think the only other person who hasn't sat out yet is Shawn, but Shawn might sit out the RC.

10-08-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How come Rupert sits out IC?"
Rupert may sit out because he wants no part of throwing a challenge and threaten to blow the whistle on Burton iunless he sits out too...he may feel it's less damaging for Burton to sit out than to lose intentionally.

Krautboy

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How come Rupert sits out IC?"
I'm not completely convinced that:

1) Rupert refuses to throw the challenge. He was resistant to the idea when brought to him by Burton BUT he may have been talked into it for any number of reasons. Being part of a voting block and chance of finally getting rid of Jon is just one possibility.

2) That Drake even tries to throw the challenge. Just because they discuss something doesn't necessarily mean that in the end they go ahead and try to throw it. It is possible that Morgan beats them fair and square. (I know, not words used often in conjunction with MB Productions!)

--is going to go as a pelican this Halloween

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How come Rupert sits out IC?"
Precedent: In S3 Ethan was reluctant to throw the challenge but was convinced to do it to get rid of Silas. Same could happen with Rupert.

Also possible the ghost of the pelican came to Rupert and told him to sit out the challenge or he would be haunted by it forever. Rupert agrees so the pelican is now haunting someone else? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-08-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Other options"
1) Jon said in his statements that Sandra is definitely NOT Final 4, but is not an immediate target. I took that to be the alliance is Rupert/Sandra/Christa/Trish/and Jon, with Jon thinking Sandra will be the 5th wheel and not part of their Final 4. The targets Jon was talking about were Shawn/Burton and Michelle.

2) We've seen Christa talk about throwing a challenge and Burton talk about throwing a challenge. This seems odd as those two are clearly on opposing alliances.

3) TDT thinks Jon lasts longer than this episode. Is this the ONLY reason we are keeping him around? Sandra made it clear that everyone knows that Jon is the weakest, and apparently the laziest and most obnoxious around camp. Somebody is rustling feathers to want to eliminate someone, and that someone has to be Jon or Sandra. Jon appears to be the likely bootee no matter how you look at it. He thinks he is in a Final 4 alliance. The way Drake is going it may be that everyone thinks they have alliances with everyone.

I am having much trouble this week, but Jon seems to make the most sense of all...

I do have a feeling that however Rupert would have been the original target if he hadn't gone to Morgan. I think Burton was setting him up.

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-08-03, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Okay, another try"
I am going to feel sad when lie, twist and regret are finally revealed.. WHAT will we all talk about. Anyway, it is about this time in the game I start searching the archives for early quotes, confessions, etc. anything that will make the stars line up. In addition to the early quote I found about JP saying they learned not to vote off the strong ones. I still have trouble with the Christa boot but have more with the Burton boot.
I am leaning toward Rupert going to Morons tribe and staging a mutiny next week that will lead to either Ryano's departure but more over Andrews. In the below earlier quote from before the show started "JP talked about how the adversarial nature always comes in when you divide into 2 teams, but adding the pirate theme... it becomes "ok" to screw people over (because of the pirates? he wasn't very clear on this). Elliot asked if it got nasty, and Jeff said no, this wasn't done nastily but done in fun.

Elliot and Diane asked about the guys vs. girls thing, but JP wouldn't tell, but he said it's unlikely. He did say that with the pirate theme, they have mutinies, walking the plank, of course there will be a treasure chest, etc. He puts it like this: what would pirates do in this era?"

We have our plank walk, our treasure chest...now apparently we need mutinies (plural). When Rupert in the Episode 1 said, "we steal, that is what pirates do..." makes me believe they "steal" Rupert to Moron's tribe and he becomes everyones hero and then they MUTANY against Andrew. I guess (maybe its just me) feel better about being able to put JP's quotes with very plausible scenerios....Okie Dokie......feel free to tear this apart....LOL

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "oooh!"
and maybe JPs comment to Andrew that some leaders are sacrificed for doing this poorly is actually foreshadowing for a mutiny led by Rupert!

- just one more day, then we'll know

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-08-03, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
Would love to help you KB but I can't. To me there are at least a few people on Drake where there is valid SPECULATION for them to go.

We obviously don't know these people but I do have a hard time seeing Rupert agree to throw a challenge or sit out of one in defiance of it but I don't know him and he may very well do it

We obviously don't also know the time frame, context, or complete conversation/confessionals that take place about throwing the challenge or wanting someone gone. Did Burton tell Rupert that others suggested it? Is Christa just making an off the cuff remark which ends up foreshadowing an event that she wasn't even being deadly serious about. Who exactly is Rupert's traitor?

I do have a hard time reconciling Sandra keeping Jon over someone else but we also don't know what "we" means regarding Jon and Christa's blurbs.

We also don't know who creates a spectacle lubricated by liquor and whether that comes into play as far as being the bootee or a booter. I also don't know who exactly each of them would like to go first either. Jon had wanted the older people to go first but talks of "threat" Does he mean Rupert and if so, who is his alliance (or so he thinks) with that would get rid of Rupert. If Rupert leaves what difference does it make then.

Too many questions and too many possibilites. And we have no idea if the lie comes into play either.

At this point it is a crapshoot and surprisingly Trish is the only one who I feel is 100% safe (watch she is booted)

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "CBS promotion"
I can't remember CBS ever mentioning a proposed "thrown" challange before. Am I wrong? Please tell me if I am, because I'm think the whole thing blows up on them as you do KB.

Ajenda 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ajenda Click to send private message to Ajenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
What everyone seems to be forgetting is that Christa and Jon are getting along fine. An example of this is the two of them going off during the 'treasure hunt'. I don't think that either would be too keen on voting out the other in almost any scenario...
Just my $0.02

10-09-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Burton goes Scenarios..."
Jon is squirrely and I believe that he'll vote wherever he knows he has to so regardless that Christa and him have enjoyed each other's lazy company a few times I think Jon would have no problem voting her off; I think he would screw any of them over.

There was talk in Africa of throwing the challenge and I believe Ethan didn't want to but I forget what happened.

The thing is - the throwing challenge. Is this the MAIN point of the ending OR just thrown in there to show the irony of what is to come.

10-09-03, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Africa"
In africa (let us not speak of it again) they threw the big puzzle challenge after the switch to get rid of silas. It worked. NO penalty. FYI. Happy voting, guessing ya all. Still checking my gut......nope......nothing yet.

10-09-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
25. "Burton boot scenario"
Okay I was thinking about this over my morning coffee (LOL) and I see how it could happen.

First Christa and Burton talk about possibly throwing the IC, with annoying Jon as their target. Burton takes the idea to Rupert -- as their virtual one-man challenge winner they would need his complicity.

Jon has been annoying Rupert too, but he hems and haws. So the plan becomes that the three of them will "passively" help Drake do poorly; if they still win IC, fine. Rupert and Burton will sit out, depriving the tribe of strength. Christa will participate, and if there's a situation where she can maneuver Drake's loss, she'll act on it.

So only Christa, Burton and Rupert are in on the challenge-throw plot.

As for booting Jon, besides the three of them, they know Sandra will vote for Jon in a heartbeat. Burton says he can convince Shawn after the fact that Jon is useless and needs to go. That gives them the minimum five votes to oust Jon.

So the IC goes as planned, with Christa going last in competition and taking a dive at the end. Then the shock -- Rupert is going over to Morgan.

They would still have enough votes to get Jon out, but Christa and Burton quarrel -- this isn't the outcome Christa wanted. Now all bets are off. Burton doesn't know what Christa plans to do, but talks to Sandra and Shawn about voting off Jon.

Christa gets drunk and spills the beans at TC that it was Burton's idea to throw the IC but they never intended for things to work out this way, blah-blah-blah. Burton tries feebly to deny it.

That the challenge was thrown is shocking news to Shawn, Michelle, Trish, Sandra, and Jon (obviously), and that Burton was in on it is unconscionable. Strength be damned, they don't trust him anymore and want him out.

So, Burton gets the boot.

Now, should I change my pick from Christa to Burton, that is the question.

10-09-03, 10:40 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
>
>
>Now, should I change my pick
>from Christa to Burton, that
>is the question.
>
>
I did...

Rethinking the Drake Alliances, it is quite possible that Burton and Shawn are the real outsiders…

Shawn and Burton have a strong alliance, but beyond that it’s questionable…

Rupert is close with Christa and neither cares much for the “idiot jock boys”. Both have had conflicts with Shawn. Rupert doesn’t like their teasing and Christa probably thinks it’s annoying…

In the promo she says “it’s annoying, we want to vote somebody off”…and may very likely be referring to her annoyance with Burton and Shawn’s teasing of Rupert.

Rupert and Sandra are part of the early riser, hard worker alliance.

Jon and Christa are part of the lazy kid, stay behind during the treasure hunt alliance.

Rupert is not threatened by Jon and has mentioned that he reminds him of one of his kids.

Sandra and Trish bonded early in the village.

Sandra and Christa bonded untangling the fishing net.

Christa and Michelle were described as having a rivalry with Shawn, by Jon in the “insider clips”

While Jon and Sandra have had an argument, Jon has stated that Sandra is not an immediate threat (because they are allied?) and Sandra has said that while she doesn’t like Jon she will be his buddie if that is what it takes.

Why does Burton approach Rupert about throwing the challenge and voting someone off? … Burton and Shawn’s alliance is not strong enough without Rupert and his allies. Burton may be trying to build an alliance with Rupert because he is starting to feel like the outsider…

If Burton becomes the “traitor” and Jon feels betrayed at TC, he may rally Rupert’s alliance’s to unite and vote out the traitor that was responsible for Rupert leaving…

As foolish as it may seem to vote off your strongest male, drunken emotion may trigger the mutiny. This would also explain how the Morgan tribe can come back to dominate in the end and how Sandra, Trish and Michelle outlast Burton and Shawn.

With or without Rupert at TC, Christa appears to have more allies than Burton.

Krautboy

10-09-03, 10:44 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
Yeah, I just went over there and was reading you and Bebo. I think I'll switch.

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
It goes against JP saying that they learned not to vote the strong people off first. And I really thought that they would feel safer keeping Burton around if they lost Rupert. Also, I thought we hadn't seen enough of Burton. But, this actually "feels" right. I chose Christa, but was having doubts and kept trying to justify it. It would be ironic that Morgan stuck with Andrew for three TCs and Burton gets voted out after one. But, it should be one heck of a TC.

10-09-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
The Morgan Tribe has voted off it's three weakest. This seems to fulfill JP's comment...Morgan "learned" and it apparently helps them make a comeback...

It appears we will see a lot of Burton this week...hidden last week for the "surprise" this week.

Krautboy

10-09-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
Actually I don't this boot will have anything to do with alliances. I think Burton is going because he got ratted on and Rupert is gone because of it.

Why boot your strongest person if your other strongest person is gone.

I still think Burton going is the lie if he goes. Logically, Trish or Jon is the boot to me

Jeff said flat out lie that one person told everyone else. Who is "everyone" or is that a general word being used. If Jon knows he is on the chopping block, he could tell one person (Christa) that Burton/Rupert threw the challenge. Rupert is gone so Christa can't ask him and she doesn't like Burton. Why couldn't Christa tell Sandra (who also doesn't like Burton perhaps) and then maybe Trish as well. Burton/Shawn and Michelle don't have to be told and it is 4-3 Burton gone b/c Jon lied to them about it. Rupert can't defend himself and Burton is now gone.

Regret for sure b/c of this, Rupert is not only gone but Burton is now also and Drake can go downhill as a result of it.

Regret is more later b/c everyone watching will know it was a lie.

Oh just work with me would ya

10-09-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-03 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

But is that really a lie? Even if Jon had no idea about it and made it up, we know Burton/Rupert at least talk about throwing the challenge. Christa seems to be in on whatever plan they discuss. The viewer would be privy to more information about the "lie" than Jon would, in that scenario.

10-09-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Burton boot scenario"
It goes against JP saying that they learned not to vote the strong people off first.

I was thinking that at first, but as Bebo pointed out, Snewser's take on how well people do has virtually all of Drake getting creamed before the endgame. So it's likely they make a costly mistake early on and lose a bunch of challenges in quick succession.

10-09-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
33. "yes"
You took the words right out of my head. It all looked and played out too well for Drake. I just got back, 2:30 est and this string alone at about 11:00 am made me pick Burton for da boot. Hope it works out that way. You guys are aaaa mmmaaazzzzing to follow all week. Have fun tonite.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Back to Thailand"
Thanks for bringing my name up, BR. KB laid out the groundwork that swayed me from Christa to Burton.

I think we're seeing Thailand Redux. Sook Jai looked so strong right at the start, while Chuay Ghan was a mess. Then Sook Jai threw a challenge, and that was the beginning of the end. Next thing we knew, we were staring at a Chuay Ghan final 5.

If Rupert is indeed handed over to Morgan as the bountiful prize of this IC, then the tribes are at even numbers. We know that the Morgan 5 are tight. We know that there are hot-tempered people like Jon and Sandra on Drake who can stir things up. We know that Shawn has his detractors (Rupert). And we know that Rupert is the single biggest IC threat, who will not be trusted as much by his team since he's spending time in the enemy camp. If Morgan goes back to TC and Ryan is voted out instead of Rupert, that could cause some suspicions among the original Drake that Rupert has made alliances with the Morgan crew that supplant the ones he had with them. He may not have a Shii Ann personality, but he's certainly being put into a similarly tenuous position by the switch.

It wouldn't surprise me for members of Morgan to do well after Rupert is switched. And it wouldn't surprise me to see all of the people at risk on Snewser's scorecard - Jon, Ryan, and Christa - getting snuffed in the near future.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •