The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-03, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Episode Four

Reward Challenge

Reward challenge this week appears to be another type of relay, where castaways have to run from the beach and do something in the water. Vid caps are in yogi’s thread (Football vidcaps).

In Lil’s web chat, posted by frisky, Lil states that Morgan lost 6 challenges in a row. So far, we’ve seen them lose 5 in a row. Maybe she messed up the # (ep 1 had no RC), or maybe this means Morgan loses RC, then wins IC.

Which brings us to...
Immunity Challenge

J_Slice’s thread See BS misdirection reveals that IC has a shocking and unexpected reward. In the Football vidcaps thread, we also see vidcaps showing IC of knocking other tribe members off platforms floating in the water. The Football vidcaps thread also shows 2 caps at the end of Andrew and Ryan looking very happy... maybe Morgan wins IC.

Most Valued Possession

In the EP 4 Web promo posted by FSUGUY, we learn that one tribe steals the other tribe’s most valued possession. This MVP may actually be one of the tribe members. If this is true and Morgan wins RC, maybe they take Rupert.

Bootee

See BS misdirection mentions there will be a spectacle at TC by a whiskey-drunken castaway.

Krautboy's confessional analysis indicates that Drake goes to TC and Jon, Christa, Sandra and Rupert are most vulnerable.

Is Christa next? posted by forehead offers arguments for and against Christa as the next bootee. We see some evidence of what's going on with Christa in Marcopolo's Ep 3 Yahoo Insider transcript.

Yes Reasons
* Eager to meet Morgan
* Unhappy with Drake?
* Feels sorry for Morgan
* Looks sad in challenge vidcaps
* New skirt in pix: maybe her making this new skirt used a communal item or upset her tribe in some other way

No Reasons
* Maybe Burton will be next – for suggesting throwing a challenge (that may lose them Rupert)
* Maybe Jon will be next - for arguing with Sandra and staying back with Christa to take care of camp, only to have the tribe return and find that they haven't accomplished anything (Marcopolo's Ep 3 Yahoo Insider transcript reveals that the 2 tribe members who stayed behind while the rest went to seek out the treasure were Jon and Christa. They stayed back to "guard camp." They got some wood then decided to go look for treasure anyway. The tribe got back before they did and were pissed because they hadn't really done anything. Good info to have for whenever Drake finally makes it to TC.)

Alliances

In Lil’s webchat she recounts the discussion surrounding her demise. She mentions that Ryan O. told Andrew that if Darrah gets voted off, "our alliance is void." This may mean either:
* Ryan O is part of known Andrew/Tijuana/Osten alliance, or
* Andrew and Ryan O have a separate alliance

Treasure

See BS misdirection states that one tribe recovers buried treasure (is this THE treasure, or A treasure? We aren’t sure.)

In a thread devoted to treasure, clemsonbeav initiated discussion of whether it is possible/likely that part or all of the reward challenge treasure is the castaways' clothes.

Reasons it might not be
* Wearing other ppls clothes since MB can’t know who will leave and when
* If treasure not found by merge half get clothes half don’t
* Not enough time to put together clothes and bury before castaways arrive on islands

Then again...
Crew had enough time to collect personal items intended to be taken onto the island once they were stranded, get to islands and bury before survivors got back from shopping in village (or during the first IC, or at night)

If it's not their clothes, it might be
* Generic clothes
* Food
* Alcohol
* Money to go back to village

Miscellaneous

See BS misdirection tells us that Andrew and Ryan get lost in the jungle without any water.

Ep 4 Web promo shows Osten drowning.

Ep 4 Web promo also states Rupert is being picked on by his tribe.

Long-term Spoilers

Lil’s webchat also referenced our theme for the season: don’t give up until the fire goes out. She mentions Ryan S.'s advice that she not give up until it's out. She says he was right. She also mentions that Christa came back from the pilage at Morgan (for the water pot) with news that she (Lil) has some fans on the Drake tribe. Is this more foreshadowing for a Lil return to the game? Weight loss spoilers have Lil losing 25-30 lbs before returning to the States. Does this mean she got back into the game? Another spoiler states two bootees return, one male and one female.

Discussion continues of the Big Lie/Big Twist/Big Regret kept neatly (now in its THIRD thread!) by mistofleas.

In what could possibly be the most creative and insightful speculation this season, Brownroach offered a theory on the possibility of capturing a player to loser lodge. What if a tribe wins IC, they can now place a member of the losing tribe in captivity in LL (removing that person from helping the tribe in challenges, but not voting them out of the game). After that, we have a few theories of what happens to the prisoners. Maybe next time their tribe wins, they can take them back out. Or maybe they just get to keep adding people, who will all be released again come merge time. Maybe when you win you get a choice of adding a new prisoner or saving your old one. maybe you can do both. Maybe you can do nothing at all if you choose.

Keep the spoiling coming! We have (comparatively) little to work with this season, but we are (IMO) doing great!

- had no idea this would take as long as it did... the plight of a procrastinating perfectionist!

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... lroy 10-08-03 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 10-08-03 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Krautboy 10-08-03 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... dendanash 10-08-03 4
   Noone has forgotten Breezy 10-08-03 6
       RE: Noone has forgotten mistofleas 10-08-03 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... mistofleas 10-08-03 5
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... VerucaSalt 10-08-03 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Bebo 10-08-03 9
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... mistofleas 10-08-03 10
       RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... landruajm 10-08-03 13
           RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Boo on the Line 10-08-03 17
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... forehead 10-08-03 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... SurvivaBear 10-08-03 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 10-08-03 12
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... mistofleas 10-08-03 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... DoodleBug 10-08-03 16
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... URang 10-08-03 18
       I tried it cqvenus 10-08-03 21
           On that note... mistofleas 10-08-03 22
               RE: On that note... forehead 10-08-03 23
                   RE: On that note... mistofleas 10-08-03 24
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... pdragonfly 10-08-03 19
 great SOTS janisella 10-08-03 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ginger 10-09-03 25
   one thing cqvenus 10-09-03 26
       RE: one thing mistofleas 10-09-03 27
           lceCat cqvenus 10-09-03 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-08-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 00:15 AM (EST)

YAY!! Thank you so much, now if you could only tell me who to vote for...

~lroy

Edited to add: I'm number one, i'm number one!!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-03, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Thanks for writing such a good summary.

Three is the perfect number.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-03, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
CQVenus: Wonderful job! Very thorough and complete. This will be a great reference resource to come back to.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Krautboy

dendanash 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-08-03, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dendanash Click to send private message to dendanash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Thanks for the wonderful summary.

Didn't know where to put this so I thought I would try here. Has everyone forgotten about the pelican that Christa and Rupert are suppose to kill? How can they do this unless:
1. Rupert does not go to the other tribe or
2. It happens this EP.

I am seeing a lot of people thinking that Rupert or Christa will be voted out in EP4 but if this spoiler is true about the pelican then I don't see how either one of them can leave just yet or move to another tribe.

As you can tell I am a newbie so please let me know where I should have put my 2 cents! Thanks

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Noone has forgotten"
It's been mentioned in numerous threads that it happened the first day or so and was not showed on episode 1.

Great job CQ!!!!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Noone has forgotten"
Thank you breezy, I just couldn't bring myself to explain the pelican again. That damned pelican is making me crazy!

--hates pelicans, especially when they won't stay dead

10-08-03, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
See? I told you that you'd do a great SOTS! Thank you very much CQ, excellent job!

--can't wait to read a summary by CQ

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-08-03, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Excellent job!

arrggh, the pelican, pelican!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Excellent SOTS, CQ. I was so happy after I read it, I could kill a pelican.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-08-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
LOL Bebo!!

--founding member of the Die Pelican Die Club

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Pelicans? I heard Mark Burnett killed one of those with his bare hands, just to watch it die, and that it makes Drake boot Rupert. Is this true?

Or was it an albatross?

Boo on the Line 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-08-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boo%20on%20the%20Line Click to send private message to Boo%20on%20the%20Line Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
I heard the pelican will be guesting on Cold Case next week. Or maybe it was C.S.I.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Great job, cqvenus!

Thank you,
forehead

--lol with all the pelican references

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-08-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Great job CQV! I think this ep may be more difficult to figure out the bootee than the last. I did not notice anything about some "swap" variation. Have we ruled that out for this episode?

I am thinking about starting a pelican thresd. j/k We have had a lot of information about stuff that has ended up on the editing room floor. Is that unique to this season?

A trademark of PM, Inc, © 2003 Beware the Bear!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Great job, cq! Very well laid out.

My personal prediction: when Drake opens their treasure chest, the pelican will be inside.

10-08-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Stop it! Ya'll are killing me! Yes, I admit it. I am the pelican.

--used to be the walrus

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Whoo hoo! Very nicely done, CQ. Impressive.

Should we call this "The Pelican Brief"?

URang 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-08-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail URang Click to send private message to URang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Is it true that Snewser hides his picks in "invisible ink" on his site? I heard if you highlight the section, the names appear.
It is just a matter of finding the section.
Any truth to this?
URang

10-08-03, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "I tried it"
I highlighted his table on snewster's spoilers site and there wasn't any text in those empty boxes. For good measure, I highlighted the whole bloody site, but still nothing. Sorry, it appears we cannot know what snewster is thinking until he's ready to tell us.

-

10-08-03, 10:14 PM (EST)
22. "On that note..."
The actual quote from snewser is:We have identified the Final 3 players and thought it might be more fun to hide the F3 names in another article using invisible ink.

Oh wait, we already did...

So it could be (if he actually did it, which I don't doubt he did) in any article on his site. I will admit to having spent 45 minutes one day going through the articles pertaining the S7 and coming up with nothing, but heck, it could be anywhere!

Who's got the time for that? *looks around*

Anyone? *grin*

--will try Survivor All Star articles tomorrow

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-03, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: On that note..."
Don't bother, misto. Griffe admitted it was a joke.

forehead

10-08-03, 10:43 PM (EST)
24. "RE: On that note..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

Thank the gods!

I was kidding though, I wasn't going to go through the whole site, I don't have time for that kind of frivolity.

*grin*

--seeker of truth, justice and a dead pelican

edited to fix damned typos

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-08-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

Hmm, great effort and thought was put into that. However, people aren't possessions (slavery being banned in most of the free world).

So with that I'll say that the most prized possesion is their BOAT! (yeah, if it was Drake's possession I'd say spear gun, but that's too obvious and I like to go with the not so obvious).
OR --- their TREASURE CHEST!!

I've stated in other threads that I thought the treasure was booty to go shopping again and maybe some of their possessions, plus Rum (cause pirates like rum).

What kind of container could they bury their clothes and/or food in that would keep stuff airtight for what could amount to weeks of being buried? That should be interesting.

I also want to put in here, that Osten is faking drowning. I've watched the video again and again, and when someone is drowning they flail (sp) their arms in panic, grabbing at the water to pull them up. Their legs go at rigged and awkward angels. They sink or bob up and down. (Going once, going twice, going thrice.)

And with that I'll say that Osten and Jon are my least favorite characters. My favorites? Sandra, for her cunning in the village (did she tip her hand and that's why she's lying low now?) and Rupert for his entertainment value. Shiver me Timbers mate!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-08-03, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "great SOTS"
Thanks for doing this. It's such a big help in sorting out the info.

j.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Four"
Just wanted to say *wow*. That was complete, replete and compelling. Plus, you managed to make the Immunity Swizzle Stick look downright piratical!

Thank you for your time and efforts, my insightful planetary friend.

>

10-09-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
26. "one thing"
I can't assume credit for the II's beautification. That was given to me by sleeeve. But I'm not sure if he or someone else made it pretty.

- thanks ginger for reading

10-09-03, 02:57 PM (EST)
27. "RE: one thing"
I believe that once again our illustrious IceCat concocted the SOTS Logo. He's the cats meow for sure!

--takes this moment to once again tell CQ what a fabu job she did

10-09-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
28. "lceCat"
he's the man.

- thanks misto

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •