The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-03, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-03 AT 11:57 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-06-03 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

This is actually Part 3

Here's the link to the last one we had: Part 2

Here are the quotes from JP and MB. Please let me know if there are others that I should add to this list and I'll get them in here for discussion.

And here all are the JP / MB quotes that were over in that discussion:

Jeff also said that THE BIGGEST LIE EVER is told this season. He didn't elaborate, but he went on to say that he and Mark Burnett are waiting for someone to apply to the show and basically say that they have an advanced degree in psychology, have written 3 books, but they are totally going to play the game like a postman from Montana (or something like that). Jiffy said they were waiting for someone to come in and totally lie their way through the game, but that they haven't seen anyone like that yet.

-----------------------------------------------

JP said the "greatest lie ever told" was on this season he also said there was "some regret." But emphasized regret. Elliot asked about the Ghandia-Ted incident and JP said this "regret" tops even that because with the Ghandia-Ted thing, you could at least play it off as happening in your sleep.

------------------------------------------------

For a time, he says he fell for "the greatest lie ever told on 'Survivor.' "It's brilliant. It's brutal and it's brilliant and it totally suckered me," says Probst, who, naturally, won't divulge who told the lie or what its ramifications were. "My first reaction was 'Motherf----r,' and then my second reaction was 'Wow, that's amazing.' "
*note: there were a couple of versions of this quote; this one is the most complete.

Probst on The Big Lie: "Well, I'm in danger of becoming Mark in over-hyping the lie, but I'm out there actually believing this thing, and when I find out that its really a lie, it surprises me! Is it like Ted and Ghandia? Not really . . . its a flat-out absolute lie that one person tells everybody else, and they believe it. In fact, I'm sure that they still don't know its a lie and won't find out until they watch the show along with the audience."

"We've been waiting for something like this to come along since we started this thing. We don't tell the Survivors anything about having to tell the truth about their occupations or anything else for that matter. (Pauses) You know, I've always said that if I did one of these things, I would come up with some off-the wall profession and tell everybody that my mother is deathly ill and my father is about to die."

Probst says Dalton, an art consultant from Virginia, takes the prize for "squirreliest" contestant ever. He's responsible for "the greatest lie ever told on Survivor," says Probst, who's heard a few whoppers. *note: the reporter has retracted his statement here that Probst said it was Jon who told the lie.

It leads to the "biggest regret" and "the most dramatic, impactful twist yet," he says.

A "very, very regrettable event happens," Probst says. "And I think the person to whom it happens is going to regret it, and I think they're going to regret it more than they have any idea (they will) right now. I couldn't believe it when it happened, and I can't wait for it to play out."

Hopefully we'll see some fruit this week regarding the BL or the BT.

--can't believe she hit enter too soon

edited because she's a big dork who didn't change the subject line to Part 3

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-06-03 1
   I really think it's Osten. Sophie 10-09-03 74
 The lie is jkokoj 10-06-03 2
   RE: The lie is Brownroach 10-06-03 3
       RE: The lie is mistofleas 10-06-03 4
           RE: The lie is ginger 10-06-03 12
 Big Twist and Big Regret connected Chez 10-06-03 5
   RE: Big Twist and Big Regret connec... bluebeard 10-06-03 8
   RE: Big Twist and Big Regret connec... kykate 10-07-03 21
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... PhoenixMons 10-06-03 6
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-06-03 7
       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... mistofleas 10-06-03 9
       I know, I know... PhoenixMons 10-06-03 10
           RE: I know, I know... Brownroach 10-06-03 11
               RE: I know, I know... VerucaSalt 10-06-03 13
                   RE: I know, I know... Brownroach 10-07-03 25
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... jojo7 10-09-03 73
  Big Twist Cont... LeftPinky 10-06-03 14
   RE: Big Twist Cont... raven 10-07-03 15
       RE: Big Twist Cont... tribephyl 10-07-03 16
           RE: Big Twist Cont... raven 10-07-03 37
       RE: Big Twist Cont... VerucaSalt 10-07-03 17
           RE: Big Twist Cont... rtrui2t 10-07-03 18
               RE: Big Twist Cont... VerucaSalt 10-07-03 19
                   RE: Big Twist Cont... LeftPinky 10-07-03 20
                   RE: Big Twist Cont... Brownroach 10-07-03 22
                       RE: Big Twist Cont... VerucaSalt 10-07-03 23
                           RE: Big Twist Cont... Brownroach 10-07-03 24
               RE: Big Twist Cont... silentJ 10-07-03 44
               RE: Big Twist Cont... brvnkrz 10-07-03 46
                   RE: Big Twist Cont... Blow by Blow 10-08-03 55
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... AZ_Leo 10-07-03 26
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... LeftPinky 10-07-03 27
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-07-03 28
 Regret has different meanings... Brownroach 10-07-03 29
   RE: Regret has different meanings..... mistofleas 10-07-03 30
       I agree with Misto jkokoj 10-07-03 31
       RE: Regret has different meanings..... AZ_Leo 10-07-03 32
       RE: Regret has different meanings..... Thaibeach 10-07-03 33
           RE: Regret has different meanings..... Ajenda 10-08-03 48
       RE: Regret has different meanings..... ElroyJetson 10-07-03 34
           RE: Regret has different meanings..... Brownroach 10-07-03 35
               RE: Regret has different meanings..... mistofleas 10-07-03 36
                   RE: Regret has different meanings..... VerucaSalt 10-07-03 38
                       RE: Regret has different meanings..... Brownroach 10-07-03 39
                           RE: Regret has different meanings..... Acawap 10-07-03 40
                               RE: Regret has different meanings..... mistofleas 10-07-03 42
                                   RE: Voting live in finale ceedee 10-07-03 47
                                       RE: Voting live in finale rose 10-17-03 108
                               From Acawap Breezy 10-08-03 50
                               RE: Regret has different meanings..... Brownroach 10-08-03 52
                   RE: Regret has different meanings..... ElroyJetson 10-07-03 41
                       RE: Regret has different meanings..... mistofleas 10-07-03 43
 Big Lie Theory ITTechmom 10-07-03 45
   RE: Big Lie Theory VerucaSalt 10-08-03 49
 I keep having a nagging feeling tha... Abbynoxious 10-08-03 51
   RE: I keep having a nagging feeling... Brownroach 10-08-03 53
       RE: I keep having a nagging feeling... Abbynoxious 10-08-03 54
           woohooo! Acawap 10-08-03 56
               RE: woohooo! mistofleas 10-08-03 57
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... jsanb 10-08-03 58
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... pdragonfly 10-08-03 59
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Acawap 10-08-03 60
 Torch on fire...Now it's out babushka_lady 10-09-03 61
   RE: Torch on fire...Now it's out VerucaSalt 10-09-03 62
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Acawap 10-09-03 63
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-09-03 64
       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... mistofleas 10-09-03 65
           RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-09-03 66
               RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... mistofleas 10-09-03 70
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Shamazon 10-09-03 67
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... ceedee 10-10-03 75
       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... rpm 10-10-03 77
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Acawap 10-09-03 68
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... lizzmac 10-09-03 69
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... mistofleas 10-09-03 71
       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Acawap 10-09-03 72
 RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... jegas17 10-10-03 76
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... hearkittykitty 10-10-03 78
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... VerucaSalt 10-10-03 79
       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-10-03 80
           RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Bebo 10-10-03 83
               RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Brownroach 10-10-03 84
                   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... DoodleBug 10-10-03 89
                       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... lizzmac 10-10-03 90
 OK, maybe I'm crazy... lizzmac 10-10-03 81
   RE: OK, maybe I'm crazy... Acawap 10-10-03 85
       RE: OK, maybe I'm crazy... lizzmac 10-10-03 87
   Mystery solved! lizzmac 10-10-03 88
       RE: Mystery solved! Acawap 10-10-03 91
           Awww nuts lizzmac 10-10-03 93
               RE: Jon's Hand signs KObrien_fan 10-16-03 98
 Hmmm. Another idea. lizzmac 10-10-03 82
   RE: Hmmm. Another idea. pdragonfly 10-10-03 86
 Lillian frankz 10-10-03 92
   RE: Lillian yam4life 10-10-03 94
       RE: Lillian hearkittykitty 10-10-03 95
           RE: The Big Lie LouHobbs 10-16-03 96
               RE: The Big Lie smiley 10-17-03 103
                   RE: The Big Lie KObrien_fan 10-17-03 107
   RE: Lillian Draco Malfoy 10-16-03 97
       RE: Lillian VerucaSalt 10-17-03 99
           RE: Lillian mistofleas 10-17-03 100
               RE: Lillian VerucaSalt 10-17-03 101
 Mole = Big Lie? frankz 10-17-03 102
   RE: Mole = Big Lie? Brownroach 10-17-03 104
       RE: Mole = Big Lie? Acawap 10-17-03 105
 Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist :N... Joyful 10-17-03 106
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Nash 10-18-03 109
   RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... badger 10-18-03 110
       RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twis... Rothschild 10-19-03 111
 My Newbie Theory FrogPrincess 10-20-03 112

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-03 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

Hopefully we'll see some fruit this week regarding the BL or the BT.

Yeah, Misto, or soon you will be starting a Part 26 thresd.

Just to address the discussion in Part 2 re LadyT's theory that Osten lied about being a poor swimmer:

The problem here is that JP says he's sure the other players don't know the lie was a lie yet. If Osten suddenly became an excellent swimmer midway through the game, some players would already know he'd lied, or at least suspect it.

JP says the lie was told by the liar to his tribemates. JP also heard the lie because he got suckered by it. But how would JP have heard it if it was told at camp?

It seems to me like the lie would have had to come out either at a challenge or at a TC. Since there's going to be a "spectacle" at TC this week, I think we may hear our Big Lie in the process.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-09-03, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "I really think it's Osten."
Maybe he's thinking "I'm a big strong guy who will go into the game with a huge target painted on my back. By making myself look weak, saying I can't swim, etc. that takes the target away." Sure, it could backfire, they could get annoyed with him and really vote him off...but they're not that smart.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-06-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The lie is"
Jeff lied to us about the "big lie" and just wanted to see how many spoilers he could distract and get to call him "m______ f______"!LOL

*smooches* to Misto and BR for all their theories!

10-06-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The lie is"
The one thing I feel sure about: the Big Lie and Big Regret are going to seem terribly anticlimactic when they do occur.

smooches Minnie back (and Misto too)

10-06-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The lie is"
The one thing I feel sure about: the Big Lie and Big Regret are going to seem terribly anticlimactic when they do occur.

Oh yeah baby, you got that right! After all of our wonderful opining whatever it turns out to be, no matter what it is, will be a let down. Unless of course it turns out that JP really is a woman. That could be good.

--thinks she might have just solved it

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The lie is"
NO NO NO. Do not ruin my fantasy of being Jeff's Site Bunny. Once he and I actually meet, I look foward to traveling the world with my Jiffy, hanging out at the quanzet huts with the crew and leaking spoilers to my favorite virtual community.

>

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-06-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Big Twist and Big Regret connected"
Evidence is now mounting that the Big Twist is an ousted player returning to the game. Appears it is going to be Lil. She wins a competition among the first 6 or so losers and returns to the game.

We have been wondering how the timing of 39 days will work out if this happens, as it would mean 2 of the remaining players would have to go that same week.

How about this? Suppose when Lil comes back, she is given the opportunity to choose the person she will replace. Whom might she pick? Here's what I think -- remember when she was voted out, she commented in her confessional that Andrew had promised her he would tell her if she was going to be the one, and yet he did not. Maybe Lil chooses Andrew as the one to leave when she comes back.

That would lead to Andrew's Big Regret. If he had only told her, she would have chosen someone else.

bluebeard 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-06-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bluebeard Click to send private message to bluebeard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Big Twist and Big Regret connected"
I wouldn't exactly consider that a big lie but its possible. My theory is that Osten is the big lyer. Jeff Probst and MB have both said that they have been looking for someone to lie they're entire way through the game. Osten pretends that hes sick the entire game thus not making him a threat then around the final 6 he comes in and wins immunities until the final 3 where he is said to be voted off. It would also fit the profile of Jeff getting suckered into it because Osten has said to Jeff at Tribal Council that he is on edge. Thus Jeff would believe Osten that hes sick of the game. Also people would not know about Osten faking being sick because he never told them.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-07-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Big Twist and Big Regret connected"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

Isn't it possible that instead of getting to pick from the other team, the winning team gets to chose from the ousted castaways. This would be a twist that could bring Lil back into the game.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
I'll try to sum up my previous thoughts in the 3rd edition of the BL BT BR thread (thanks misto )

Big lie is Osten. Not the swimming (though he is likely faking his swimming inability at least a little), but the quitting. He never wanted to quit. He wanted to remain UTR and being the big brawny guy, you've got a big target on your back. He does what he needs to when he needs to or at least puts in enough effort so he is still "needed" and let's them anticipate when he'll be "full strength" again.

The big lie is linked to the big twist, which is Lill returning to the game (too bad these recent Lil quotes seem to be making fun of us for believing this). She returns and somehow makes it to the final three and wins final three IC. This leads to the big regret.

Lill and Ryan S. seemed (at this point) to be the only ones who really disliked Osten's begging for votes. Lill was angry that Ryan S. was voted out over Osten when Osten said he wanted to go. So Lill decides to take whomever is left (Darrah...oh please let it NOT be Darrah - YUCK) to the F2 over Osten because he wanted to quit and his "heart" wasn't in it. Osten might not know WHY Lill picked the other player over Osten until he saw her ep 2 talks on TV about Osten having no heart and giving up/quitting.

It's probably wrong, but I like it for now

I am really leaning toward the regret being some sort of MORAL regret, but the above three possibilities all fit together nicely.

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

10-06-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-03 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

He wanted to remain UTR and being the big brawny guy, you've got a big target on your back.

Not at the beginning of the game, you don't.

I just don't understand why anyone would use this tactic. Ken in S5 tried a variation on it, his tribe lost the majority of challenges and he got screwed.

And, like Osten, he was in the core F4 alliance on his tribe. Someone like that should plan on doing their damndest to win challenges, getting their tribe to the merge with a majority, pagonging the other tribe and non-alliance members, and then going on a late game IC run to ensure getting to F2. Like Colby did.

10-06-03, 05:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
And, like Osten, he was in the core F4 alliance on his tribe. Someone like that should plan on doing their damndest to win challenges, getting their tribe to the merge with a majority, pagonging the other tribe and non-alliance members, and then going on a late game IC run to ensure getting to F2. Like Colby did.

Completely agree BR. Trying to win the game by being UTR is one thing, but lying about wanting to quit, being weak and playing a hypocondriac is not only stupid as far as stra-tea-gery (/Bush speak) it doesn't seem like a *m---er f---er* lie to me. It's not "brutal" or "amazing". It just doesn't work for all the things we know (or think we know) about the BL.

Sorry Phoenix, I just don't see this.

--while not agreeing with PM's theory is glad she's putting them out there

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I know, I know..."
I just think it's fun coming up with all of these "possible" ideas. I do think Osten is faking wanting to go home (for whatever reason he may have). But I think we're all pretty sure that Rupie is a victim of the old switcheroo next week = big twist.

But as far as how Osten's "lie" could help him out, I think the Ken situation at Sook Jai, and the Osten situation at Morgan is VERY different. Firstly, Ken was pretty sucky in challenges (I didn't know that was on purpose...he sucked in last stage of the individual challenge against Clay BIG time) AND his team was probably a lot stronger physically (all of the challenges thus far have been physical on S7) than Morgan (especially in comparison to the opposition. Osten is THE man for this tribe. That wasn't the case, as far as I see it, in any other season for any other tribe (maybe Colby) until now with Osten as THE man of Morgan and Rupert as THE man for Drake. Osten will certainly be perceived as an IC threat come merge time, so why wouldn't he try to lie low as long as possible while still contributing "just enough" (as he sees fit)? He's likely thinking "win" (like Brandon in Africa) rather than "place". He probably feels that he can't even get to the jury if he's that big of an IC threat (boot him before he can make an IC run). Granted, he is in the big 4 alliance, but I don't know how strong that alliance is (Osten-Tijuana is probably strongest link on the show, though Tijuana seems to be very much in control of the tribe). Maybe this was his strategy after he saw his team, maybe it developed, maybe it's just a bunch of baloney. But it's fun trying to piece everything together.

I'm still wondering where the quote about the lite starting in ep 2 came from (or where it is...I keep seeing people reference it, but don't think I've seen it yet. That might shed some light into the possibilities (or at least narrow them down).

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

10-06-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I know, I know..."
I'm still wondering where the quote about the lie starting in ep 2 came from (or where it is...I keep seeing people reference it, but don't think I've seen it yet.

That was nothing spoilerish -- that person was proposing Osten as the liar, and since Osten started whining in EP 2, the person said Ep 2 was when the lie started.

Okay, it does make sense that Osten might lay back a bit if he were afraid of being switched and voted out by the other tribe. But even if Osten is faking some of his ennui, I don't believe this is JP's horrible amazing fantastic brilliant stupendous brutal marvelous cruel unthinkable diabolically clever inhuman Lie.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-06-03, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I know, I know..."
Agree BR, I just don't think the whole swimming/not swimming thing is the lie. This person told a lie to everyone else and it is brutal, blah blah. This is what I come up with as far as Osten:

I can't swim

So?

I can't begin to even pull this together but somehow I have major hinky's that if the lie is going to happen soon; this episode with the talk of throwing a challenge, Rupert ending up leaving, spectacle at TC, accusations thrown, etc. It literally to me anyway, has all the ingredients; I just haven't stirred enough to make it fit with the whole lie receipe

But if there is going to be any lie that is near to the LIE that Jeff is spouting, somehow I feel it is entangled in all that will happen this week.

10-07-03, 10:24 AM (EST)
25. "RE: I know, I know..."
TC is a good time for the lie to happen because both Probst and the person's tribemates have to get suckered by it.

I'm wondering if the Big Lie is that the person who acts drunk at TC and causes the spectacle isn't drunk at all and stages the spectacle on purpose, for whatever reason. If it wreaks total havoc, I could see JP thinking "M-----f---r" upon finding out the whole thing was an acting job.

It would certainly be a new way for someone to play the game, LOL.

jojo7 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-09-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jojo7 Click to send private message to jojo7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Once again this week I just want to be put down for saying Olsten is the big lie. Still trying to figure out how to use this board though.

He was kicking pretty hard on those underwater shots for a non-swimmer as far as I'm concerned.

Know alot of you don't consider this a "brutal lie", but remember Mark over envisizes everthing on this show.

The Drunken spectacal tonight..good example... was not that big of a deal.

Olsten is hiding, and brutally doing it by sacraficing his teammates to get to the merge so he can win individual challanges.

That's my thought and I've been sticking to it since show two.

Thanks for all your all help in keeping me in the game even though I'm makeing all the decisions.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. " Big Twist Cont..."
We're all assuming that the Big Twist is the return of fallen comrade. If Lil is to be the returnee, she must defeat:
Nicole (no problem)
Ryan S (no problem)
Christa or Jon (no problem)
Rupert and or Ryan O - problem! I can't see her defeating either of the big guys in a physical challenge on land or in the water. Therefore, if a challenge occurs, it must be either a boy scout type challenge (show us that you really deserved to stay on the island) with fire lighting, water getting and fish catching/food finding (STILL might be difficult to beat Rupert) or a painful endurance item (stand on your head on the post while quoting Shakepeare and smelling fresh hot pizza) where she may also have trouble with Rupert.

Conclusion: either the above doesn't happen OR the returnee challenge happens before Rupert is booted.

raven 22 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raven Click to send private message to raven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
do you think it is possible that Rupert is not an early boot?
maybe the rumors are wrong and he goes far in this game.
at least i think it is still very possible for him to end
up going farther than everyone thinks.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
I'm not stalking, but I had to find your 3rd post.

And

As I've stated in other posts, I have to agree with you.

I hope we are right.

tribephyl

raven 22 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raven Click to send private message to raven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
yeah...I would like to see Rupert win it all somehow.

10-07-03, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
actually raven, I don't even know why people think this, the rumors that you mention from what I am reading are more based on his massive amount of face time and I'm standing firm with what I had said before..... this man is made for this show, and he is an integral part of the Drake tribe and his personality/look is unique and refreshing. Why wouldn't MB showcase him?

I certainly never thought he would go pre merge, post merge where he is a bigger threat, maybe.

rtrui2t 9 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrui2t Click to send private message to rtrui2t Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
What if the big twist is that the tribe that wins IC gets to vote someone off from the other tribe? THat would explain Ruperts early exit would it not? just my 2 cents

10-07-03, 08:19 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
What early exit rtru? I haven't found anything solid that suggests Rupert makes an early exit. I think there was a presumption that because he has been featured so much it must mean he goes and I don't always buy that.

10-07-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

VS - I have to agree completely! Rupert is the perfect face for this version of Survivor and MB is the master of exploitation. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the merge and is the first last non-jury boot if he doesn't go on an IC run.

My point above was that if Rupert gets booted earlier (as part of a twist or bad luck), I don't believe anyone could beat him in any challenge to get back on the show unless it was purely brainwork.

** edited because he can't go on an RC run!!

10-07-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
At this point it's more because Snewser has info (chirp!) that Rupert doesn't get that far.

And there's also this logic: he's an individual immunity threat, and he doesn't seem to be in a powerful alliance -- not a good combination as the merge approaches.

But things can change...

10-07-03, 09:58 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
Exactly BR, come merger is anyone's guess but all this Rupert is going to go early was wayyyyy before any merger scenario.

That is why I always refer to the handy dandy list of what mistakes were made by "us" that we go over before the new season happens and editing is a huuuugeee one

10-07-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
Well, speculation is our business. And we have to speculate based on editing much of the time.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-07-03, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
My take on Ruperts alleged early boot involves this weeks "Surprise Reward" at the IC challenge. I specualte that the winning team gets to Shanghi (not sure on spelling, but it's an old pirate term that refers to involentary crew men) someone on the opther team and picks Rupert. Next week Drake wins immunity and doesn't/can't reclaim Rupert and he's sent packing by the Morgans.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
I am really going to be upset if this is the big twist. I have been telling all of my friends since last year that I felt it would be a great twist in the game to have the winner of the IC to get to vote someone off the other team. I think it would be great. Alliances would be worthless, the strong would feel threatened rather than cocky and we would have nothing but weak little last picked dorks in the final three. I just never knew how to get the idea to MB. I am glad though that someone else has thought of this idea too.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Big Twist Cont..."
Here's my thought on the "big twist"

Whoever wins RC can steal a member of the opposing tribe, however, that person can still be voted out by their original tribe if/when that tribe loses IC.

Example: Morgan wins RC and steals Rupert. Drake is bumming. Without Rupert they lose IC and need to vote someone off. The geniuses realize that as long as Rupert stays on Drake they're not going to win any more challenges, so they vote to boot him. The regret might be that they then win the subsequent RC and could have stolen Rupert back, but now he's gone for good.

For what it's worth, I don't think any truly "booted" (torch extinguished) contestants get to come back. That's what season 8 is for. Maybe, just maybe there's a semi-boot option as has been discussed and players are put into limbo but I think that'll really complicate the game and leave viewers dissatisfied that Tribal Council has lost its significance.

Just my $.02.

-P

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-07-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
A "very, very regrettable event happens," Probst says. "And I think the person to whom it happens is going to regret it, and I think they're going to regret it more than they have any idea (they will) right now. I couldn't believe it when it happened, and I can't wait for it to play out."

I hadn't seen this quote before so forgive me if my comments are repeats of what others said. I was out of town for Part 2 of the discussion.

The fact that the person to whom this event happens doesn't realize how much they will regret it makes me think of the final vote, which hasn't been revealed as yet (but that Jeff could have already seen). What if the event happens to one of the F2 and this event effected how the jury saw and voted (or rather didn't vote) for this person? The regrettable event may or may not be connected to the lie however it may occur post merge when most of those on the jury can know it happened.

10-07-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Burton - let's throw the IC! That could prove to be very regretable (remember the vidcaps also show an angry Rupert regarding someone wanting to throw IC)...

Of course, when Rupert goes to Morgan, Burton could regret throwing IC as the tribe blames him for their loss of Rupert AND in their group (stupid) logic, vote off the next strongest man - brilliant minds in Dreck!

10-07-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
But we all know that MB and JP don't know who the winner is, wink wink.

If this were the case, JP would be implying that he knows how the final votes are going to go, and that so-and-so loses. I don't really see him giving out a hint in that vein, however he might obscure it for the time being.

10-07-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
29. "Regret has different meanings..."
Regret, as a verb, can connote different things:

1) You can regret something that you did and wish you hadn't done it

or

2) You can regret that something happened (to you) over which you had no control.

Since "a regrettable event happens to someone," it sounds like the latter applies. The person is not responsible for the event but is most directly affected by it (and more so than they currently realize). Thus he/she will regret that it happened.

10-07-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
See and I think it means the other BR. First we've got:

A "very, very regrettable event happens," Probst says. And I think the person to whom it happens is going to regret it...

This could imply that it happens to someone and they cannot control what happens.

But then we have this part:

"...and I think they're going to regret it more than they have any idea (they will) right now."

If a uncontrolable event happens and someone regrets that it happens to them, they'd know it and regret it right away. How can you regret even more something that you couldn't control?

I truly believe that the regret comes from an actual action that someone takes. They'll have regret because of the action and then regret it even more when they seen even more consequences from the action.

To me "regret" implies some sort of action of conscience. You did something wrong or you "feel bad" at having to do something. If your the victim of circumstance, you don't really "regret" that circumstance, you're just sad about it. You have nothing to "atone" for as it were because you didn't "do" anything.
(did any of that make sense at all?)

--will explain if she just confused the issue even more

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "I agree with Misto"
makes sense to me. I think someone will do something they come to regret as the show progresses.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-07-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
Not only didn't confuse but made sense and also makes me contradict my previous scenario. Someone could do the regrettable act then get booted pre-jury. The event itself plays out as part of the jury and voting, maybe helping to determine when someone else leaves. The one who caused the event won't know until they see the later episodes since they are off on vacation somewhere. Either it causes an enemy to go farther or it causes a friend to get booted earlier. Until we know the character of the person who committed the act (and what they would regret the most), we can't really tell how it will play out.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
I truly believe that the regret comes from an actual action that someone takes. They'll have regret because of the action and then regret it even more when they seen even more consequences from the action.

To me "regret" implies some sort of action of conscience. You did something wrong or you "feel bad" at having to do something. If your the victim of circumstance, you don't really "regret" that circumstance, you're just sad about it. You have nothing to "atone" for as it were because you didn't "do" anything.

I think you're right, Misto (as always ). I can't begin to guess what the regretted action or incident is, but I do agree that the "regretter" was the person who committed the regretted action or was part of a group who agreed to do it.

If the latter, the Big Regret can't be too closely associated with the BL - because the tribemates are not supposed to know that a BL was told till they see it on tv.

Ajenda 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ajenda Click to send private message to Ajenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
Clearly Darrah sleeps with Rhino and then he exits, leaving her to fend for herself

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
If a uncontrolable event happens and someone regrets that it happens to them, they'd know it and regret it right away. How can you regret even more something that you couldn't control?

Could this be the kill-the-pelican event? It's regrettable it happened and he probably caught flak from some of his tribemates (and maybe MB). But once PETA gets wind of it, he's REALLY going to regret it.

Just a thought.

10-07-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
Well that would be funny. I was hoping someone was gonna mention the pelican this week, it's already Tuesday.

10-07-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
LOL BR!

I just wanna know when the government is going to get ahold of this ever re-animating pelican. They've got to be able to use it for some evil plot!

Elroy hon, I'm sorry, I've just been harping on this damn thing for awhile now, wanting it to never be mentioned again. The pelican is dead already. It was edited out so we never saw it.

--thinks she'll make pelican stew for dinner, minus the parasites

10-07-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
"A very, very regrettable event happens," Probst says. And I think the person to whom it happens is going to regret it...

"...and I think they're going to regret it more than they have any idea (they will) right now

Can I ask a question? The second statement by Jeff. Is he talking within context of the show's progression or real time? Because if he is talking about it within the context of the show's life as opposed to real life, the scenario changes somewhat especially since we were trying to tie it into the big lie and how no one would know until watching the show.

If the lie and regret are separate then maybe Jeff is referring as to how this regrettable event happens and the person is going to regret it but not until after they do it and feel regret will they really really regret it (within the confines of the show's life span)

If the regrettable event is TO throw the challenge and the event is placed on someone to do it (which they will regret but will do it anyway) won't they regret it even more when they see what resulted from it.

I know I know, I'm taking major liberties here.

10-07-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
I'm pretty sure JP said this before the premiere or the day of --in any case, before the show was well underway. I believe he was talking in real, current time. The person, right now on October 7th, does not know how much they are going to regret what happened until they see certain results of it play out on the show. (Which suggests the person gets booted along the way.)

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
I'm not so sure about that, BR -- they MIGHT regret it already, but it may get worse for them when they get home. For example (not that I necessarily believe this to be the BR): Osten and Tijuana hook up one night and make the monster with two backs. Although they're listed as 'single', I'm sure they have somebody back home. Or maybe Osten later reveals he has genital warts, like the guy from Big Brother... lol.

Example 2: MB decides a twist (after 4000 misdirections talked about here) will be that final voting is done live on the final show, instead of on the island as usual. Then everybody has a chance to see the shows and see what is said on the confessionals. If somebody did something to get somebody else kicked off (like maybe Lill said Rupert pushed her off a cliff, breaking her ankle, when in reality she just tripped over all of Morgan's treasure (ha!)) and it gets them to the final 2... but then they find out everybody's going to see what they did and vote for the other... that'd be a big regret of an unfortunate incident that the person would have no idea how bad it was.

I know both examples are a little far-fetched, but the point is whatever the regret is, it's probably regrettable now, but will be MORE regrettable after the show.

10-07-03, 08:27 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
I'm in agreement with BR that JP was talking about the regret in long term sense, not in terms of show time.

Acawap, I don't think either of your examples are far-fetched actually.

This one: Example 2: MB decides a twist (after 4000 misdirections talked about here) will be that final voting is done live on the final show, instead of on the island as usual. Then everybody has a chance to see the shows and see what is said on the confessionals.

Is something that I suggested in the first BL/BT/BR thread. I think it's a great example of how someone could really regret an action taken while doing the show only AFTER they realize that it will greatly affect how people vote.

I'm also thinking about how little we're hearing from the contestants and what they're doing right now. We usually hear that one or two contestants visit each other or get together to party or watch shows, but we haven't heard much (if anything) like that this season. My thinking is that if the final vote actually takes place live on the finale night (as we see it)MB would put a quash on any contact between survivors until that actual night. No visits to make people become closer friends with the final two and be swayed by that friendship to vote their way. No contact at all until the finale. That way, the F2 wouldn't be able to influence and garner for votes. The jury wouldn't be able to talk amongst themselves (like they surely do while at the jury LL during the show).

Could this be a possibility?

--thinks it would be an interesting twist

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Voting live in finale"
I've wanted to see live voting during the finale for a while - after all it satisfies our urge for "justice" prevailing!

Plus it makes things easier for the audience- after all, one of the more difficult things to understand is the difference between our viewpoint and that of those on the jury since they wouldn't have seen all the same things we did once they left the game (I think this really hurt Matt in S6).

However, I don't know if MB would do this because there's a negative effect on future games - we'd lose the value of confessionals because the players would always be "playing for votes" in front of a camera. We'd never get to see/hear their real strategy or real feelings. If the S5 players saw Brian's confessionals - he wouldn't have won - but if they had done it this way in S4 - the face Brian portrayed during confessionals would have been the same one he showed during the game.

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
108. "RE: Voting live in finale"
Hence Michelle's statement during her web chat: referring to Burton- I can't talk to the Survivors...

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "From Acawap"
Osten and Tijuana hook up one night and make the monster with two backs. Although they're listed as 'single', I'm sure they have somebody back home.

What if the big lie is one of them is married? They hook up, regret it but will regret it even more when the show airs.

I'm sure when it actually does occur, we'll be like WTF? That was a big lie?

10-08-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
whatever the regret is, it's probably regrettable now, but will be MORE regrettable after the show.

Yes, acawap, that is what I meant: the person had some regret during the actual game, but the full impact won't hit until he/she sees the show.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
Apologies Misto. I'm suffering from a case of the infrequent lurkers...

I think I caught it from a pelican!

10-07-03, 08:30 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Regret has different meanings..."
Silly Elroy! No apologies to me doll, please. I think I'm just suffering from a irrational fear of parasitical pelicans!

--thinks Elroy should lurk less and come join the fun

ITTechmom 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-07-03, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ITTechmom Click to send private message to ITTechmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Big Lie Theory"
What if....

The big lie is that Rupert doesn't really work with troubled teens. He is actually an escaped mental patient with a penchant for chopping people up. He is, after all, the provider of food for the tribe. This would neatly work into not having to evict more than one tribe mate if Lil does happen to win her way back into the game.

OK! OK! *slaps herself*
It's October and almost Halloween. There are way too many horror flicks on this month!!!

10-08-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Big Lie Theory"
May I just say that we all need to be hired and quickly to be writers for Twilight Zone if of course they ever redo it AGAIN.

I have had more fun in this thread than you can ever know

Thanks for the opinion re: real time vs. show time. I had doubts.

Abbynoxious 30 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Abbynoxious Click to send private message to Abbynoxious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "I keep having a nagging feeling that something was missed..."
I just watched ep 2 again (love TiVo). If the lie started in ep-2, there is really only one event per tribe, outside of a challenge, that could be the start of the "big lie". First is the obvious one about Osten wanting to go home and that's been covered. The only other real event that was shown was Sean losing the spear tip. I keep having the feeling that he may have done it on purpose to undermine Rupe's importance in his tribe. He claimed to have fired the spear and the tip shot off, yet he couldn't remember where he fired it. He was very evasive when Rupe was interrogating him and I think he looked like he was lying about the whole thing. I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I tried to get through all of part 1 and part 2 threads but it was giving me a headache!!! This speculating is making the week between episodes soooooo long!

10-08-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
53. "RE: I keep having a nagging feeling that something was missed..."
If the lie started in ep-2

Just want to clear this up because it's been mentioned a couple of times already:

There is no spoiler that says the lie started in Episode 2. A poster on Sucks wrote this because he/she was positing the theory that the big lie was Osten faking wanting to quit, and his fakery started in Ep 2.

So, if you believe that is the big lie, yes, it started in Episode 2. If you don't believe that is the big lie, there is no reason to believe it concerns something that started or occurred in Episode 2.

Abbynoxious 30 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Abbynoxious Click to send private message to Abbynoxious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: I keep having a nagging feeling that something was missed..."
In that case... I don't think we've seen the big lie yet. hopefully it will happen in ep-4, the suspense is killing me. I do have a feeling that Jon is involved.

10-08-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "woohooo!"
I'm all giddy that Mistofleas acknowledged my post -- I feel like I've finally arrived!!!!

The lie is coming, people -- 48 hours from now we'll all be disappointed and saying, "That was IT???"

10-08-03, 01:30 PM (EST)
57. "RE: woohooo!"
I'm all giddy that Mistofleas acknowledged my post -- I feel like I've finally arrived!!!!

Honey pie, you gotta start setting your expectations a little higher! *wink*

--is not managing her OTness very well today

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
My $.02 is that the big regret is or part of it is jon going to TC drunk and popping off(probably Sandra) and making a total ass of himself.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Osten is faking drowning.

I've watched the video again and again, and when someone is drowning they flail (sp) their arms in panic, grabbing at the water to pull them up. Their legs go at rigged and awkward angels. They sink or bob up and down. (Going once, going twice, going thrice.)

Jeff says "Well, I'm in danger of becoming Mark in over-hyping the lie, but I'm out there actually believing this thing, and when I find out that its really a lie, it surprises me!"

and "It's brilliant. It's brutal and it's brilliant and it totally suckered me," and let's not forget ""My first reaction was 'Motherf----r,' and then my second reaction was 'Wow, that's amazing.' "

Well, tonight he will be watching someone supposedly in danger of drowning and believing it.

I also believe that Mark Burnett kept insisting that no one was in danger of drowning when asked that question in the pre-show interview. Now, perhaps he slipped by letting us know that it was the lie. Because if it was true that someone almost drowned, wouldn't he have played it down instead by saying "Well, you'll have to see the show to appreciate what happened. We had the situation well under control." See what I mean?

10-08-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
if THAT is the big lie, then I'm never watching Survivor again!!!
...ok, I'll watch, but I'd still be POed. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Osten were faking drowning. I think he's a pathetic baby, hypocondriac and attention hound (anybody notice he ripped off his shirt 5 seconds after they said people were going overboard, and stripped off his clothes 10 seconds after being on the beach? And speaking of which -- why haven't the women stripped down? What's the big diff between the typical bikini other survivors wore and a bra/panty combo??).

The hype was that it was the 'greatest lie ever on Survivor' (paraphrasing), and that it was 'brutal', 'brilliant', etc. Maybe Osten did it because he knew of some switcheroo where the worst player would go to Drake in exchange for their best... who knows. But that's giving Osten waaaaaaaay too much credit.

So he may have been faking, but don't think it was because of brilliant game strategy, it'll be because he is a wuss and didn't want to continue and hoped for some sympathy.

More likely, the BIG LIE is when Osten later says in confessional that he was faking being a loser as part of his 'strategy'.

babushka_lady 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babushka_lady Click to send private message to babushka_lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "Torch on fire...Now it's out"

While of little spoiler value, I hadn't seen the following speculation, so I deemed it worthwhile to post.

I was trying to speculate what sort of lie could produce
a "M*****F*****" from Jiffy and in the wee hours I decided
it was the following.

We're down to the final three, pick three, any three.
Let's call it Sandra, Osten and Darrah. Jiffy wakes
them at 3am for the "do something stupid for 20 hours"
challenge. After about five minutes Sandra quits.

Osten asks Darrah "Hey, if I step off will you take me
to the final?"

Darrah responds "mwahmwah". Osten steps down and we're
off to tribal council which unlike S6 wasn't held at
the TC site. Darrah writes on her parchment and
Jiffy goes to tally the vote. He opens the
parchment which the whole audience is expecting
to say "Sandra" only to reveal "Osten". Jiffy
swears, then retains his composure, returns and shows
the vote to an incredulous Osten.

So, there's lots of holes. Jiffy claims that he tells
it to everyone else, that may mean "everyone else who is left",
as for not knowing it's a lie until they're watching it
at home, well that's a bit more difficult to talk my
way around.

Also, I think I prefer Sandra in the backstabber role.

J.S.C.
(Jiffy's Surprise Count)

10-09-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Torch on fire...Now it's out"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-03 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

I still think the lie involves something going down tonight and I don't know why but I do and I posted why in the Burton scenario thread

10-09-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
I've figured it out -- the big lie is Brownroach is really Jeff Probst and Mistofleas is really Mark Burnett -- and they're posting all these 'creative' ideas to throw us off.

Now that would be a big twist, brutal, brilliant and we'd all regret it!!!

10-09-03, 04:43 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Well, I do have a bunch of blue shirts at home.

10-09-03, 04:52 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Hey, that would mean that BrownRoach is my bitch!

Take off that blue shirt boy and get me a beer!

--giggles at the thought of herself as a middle aged Brit with an inclination towards evil

10-09-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Uhh -- I'm wearing a gray one today. Please don't fire me, MistoBurnett, I'll wear a regulation blue one tomorrow, I promise. Here, let me pour your beer. Would like anything else while I'm down here groveling?

10-09-03, 07:36 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Would like anything else while I'm down here groveling?

First I'm guilty of going way OT on spoilers and now you're giving me this! Pure fodder to go not only OT but waaay past the PG-13 rule? Bad JiffyRoach! Bad!

--will endevour to stay away from OTness starting tomorrow

Shamazon 9 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shamazon Click to send private message to Shamazon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
My first post this season, but this twist/lie/regret is driving me nuts.

I think they're all somehow tied together and I didn't see anybody pose this scenario.

What if the big lie is about Jon and Christa getting some action while everyone is treasure hunting? I'm not sure whether Jon himself tells the lie, or implies something (to someone like Burton?) that makes someone else tell it. If that's the case, then the lie could be the impetus for throwing the challenge--Jon's a jerk so we gotta get rid of him. If then, the big twist is losing a team member (Rupert?) there's some big regret all the way around--for throwing the challenge, for having loose lips about personal involvements,and perhaps some regret for ganging up on Jon if the lie proves to be false at a later time.

By the way, I also think the Rupert switch is not the really BIG twist--that'll be the revived members later on...but the big lie and big regret, which are not exactly the same but ARE related will probably happen tonight, and will probably impact DRAKE's boot choice, in more ways than one.

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-03 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

OK - what about this for a big lie: - What if the whole idea of throwing the challenge, and approaching Rupert wasn't Burton's idea, but Jon's AKA the "Freaken Puppetmaster" - and we, and Jiffy are all laughing at the irony of Burton's proposal getting Burton booted - when, in fact, in was Jon's idea.

I can see Jiffy swearing - due to surprise - (no one thought Jon was that smart - or that he could keep quiet about it). I just can't figure out how this ties into the big regret............

Of course - it's more a lie by ommission - so maybe this isn't it -

OK - this is driving me nuts too - going off to a corner to babble quietly by myself.......

rpm 17 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rpm Click to send private message to rpm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."

> I just can't figure
>out how this ties into
>the big regret............

Personally I don't think that the lie and the regret are connected. Rereading the quotes at the top of this thread I hear JP saying that there is a lie and that there is regret. The only place I can see that the lie leads to the regret came from the Toronto Sun reporter that retracted his statement about Jon telling the lie. He also admitted that he got the players on the wrong tribe.

His excuse was his recorder broke so he had to write his article from his notes. Well if JP first talked about the lie and then the regret, the reporter's notes would have these two items in succession, and considering his track record for accuracy in transcribing those notes, maybe the author inadvertently and incorrectly assumed they were connected.

10-09-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
I just want it to be known I've become a bigger fan of Brownroach (JP) and Mistofleas (MB) than I am of the show.

That being said, and since I know how much you both like Pelican stories (ie BRs 72 pt font message in another thread), somebody please tell me what the big deal with killing the pelican was?

If it were me, and I was stranded without food, clothes, or supplies, I'd damn sure kill a pelican, monkey, spotted owl, baby seal or whatever had meat on it. Overweight cameraman would have to watch their back.

And I've decided that I'm going to be on Survivor 9, and hire the two of you to manage me!

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
I know exactly what you mean, Acawap - it's always much more fun reading here during the week than actually watching the show!

Lizzmac
wondering how many pairs of khakis BR has so she can tie this theory of Acawap's all together....

10-09-03, 07:46 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
just want it to be known I've become a bigger fan of Brownroach (JP) and Mistofleas (MB) than I am of the show.

Stop it, I'm getting a bigger head than I deserve! (you're just too sweet acawap!)

That being said, and since I know how much you both like Pelican stories (ie BRs 72 pt font message in another thread), somebody please tell me what the big deal with killing the pelican was?

Actually, the big deal about the pelican was that (and someone really smart correct me where I'm wrong here) a reporter (I think it was ET or TV Guide) was there during the first few days of shooting. Rupert and Christa killed a pelican and made it into a stew (or were about to make it into something) when the Survivor doctors stepped in and stopped them since pelicans are commonly known to carry parasites. The reporter reported the killing of the pelican.

Some have continued to speculate that neither Rupert or Christa can go until we've seen this pelican killing happen. BUT it happened during the first few days and thus would have been shown to us in the first episode. We obviously didn't see it so MB must have deemed it "not worthy" and culled it from the episode.

That damned pelican has played Moby ##### to my Ahab this season, so a bunch of us have been having fun making pelican jokes.

How's that?

And I've decided that I'm going to be on Survivor 9, and hire the two of you to manage me!

Fine, but you should know that while I may be cheap, I am decidedly not easy. (shut up BR!)

--promises webby she'll work harder at keeping her OT nature under control

10-09-03, 08:00 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
don't buy the 'not worthy' thing -- more like afraid of PETA retaliation. Either that or the doctors stepping in violated the 'purity' of the show, and there's no way to show the killing without showing why they didn't eat it.

Either way, I WILL be on Survivor 9, and I'll be looking here for spoilers as to which guy acawap is!! I'm gonna be either Rupert or Jon -- haven't decided which yet, but screw UTR... I want camera time!!!

jegas17 19 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jegas17 Click to send private message to jegas17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
I think the big lie is Jon accusing Shawn of not voting for Burton, saying he knows what Shawn had on his card and it wasn't Burton's name. Jon knows the vote was 5-2 and he knows that Shawn did indeed vote for Burton, but Jon is trying to get Shawn kicked off next week so he lied to cause some more controversy. Jon's vote was the only one not shown, so that is how he knows it was 5-2 with Burton/Michelle voting for Christa. If that isn't THE big lie, it is definitely A big lie.

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
But could that really be the big lie? Does it fullfill the reaction of JP -- would Jeff even be suckered by this lie? He does, afterall, read all the votes and rearrange them to build the biggest amount of suspense.

That aside -- as described, Jeff witnessed the lie being told -- and he's not in camp when Jon says he knows what Burton wrote on his card.

10-10-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
79. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Only problem is that I thought Shawn says post TC that Burton's name was on his card so I didn't think Shawn was hiding anything.

Last night I kept wondering which was the lie b/c I will tell you there was a whole bunch of lies being said; Rupert lying about why they were sitting out, Christa lying to Jeff about the sitting out. Shawn obviously lying about something lol. It was fib fest last night

10-10-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
80. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Shawn pulled the Zoe move, but I don't think it will help him -- it didn't help Zoe. No one will know for sure if he really voted for Burton.

Still, when the dust clears they will HOPEFULLY realize they need him right now for strength. Michelle is most disposable at the moment.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
83. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Shawn pulled the Zoe move, but I don't think it will help him -- it didn't help Zoe. No one will know for sure if he really voted for Burton.

Well, the previews show Jon talking about it. Shawn could 'fess up to it and move the target onto Jon's back by reminding the tribe that Jon's not trustworthy.

Trish, Christa, and Sandra only need one more person voting with them to dictate who goes. They have their pick of who to ally with. If Rupert comes back, there's no issue for them, regardless of their suspicions of his future loyalty. And since Jon is untrustworthy, they could give Michelle a chance to save her own backside.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-10-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
84. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Shawn could 'fess up to it and move the target onto Jon's back by reminding the tribe that Jon's not trustworthy.

In the preview, Shawn was telling them that he voted for Burton, wasn't he? I thought he sounded sort of nervous. I just think they might not believe him because that one vote wasn't shown.

Still, everyone seemed unsure about Jon last night, so if he keeps it up he may Christy himself out of the game at the next TC.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
89. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
My immediate thought was that the big lie is going to come from Jon about Shawn's card. I think Shawn looked nervous. Jon was trying to stir stuff up with his "I saw his card! I saw his card!" pointing the finger at Shawn... although they may be trying to fool every one that they are not in an alliance.

This thought just jumped into my head. Maybe someone tells a lie about their tribe when they are pillaging the other tribe?

A Kyngsladye Original

10-10-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
90. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist Cont..."
Jon was trying to stir stuff up with his "I saw his card! I saw his card!" pointing the finger at Shawn...

Which is stupid (what else can we expect from Jon?) - how could he possibly have "seen Shawn's card" ? Saying he recognized his writing (how? they don't have any writing implements) would make more sense, but "I saw his card" ?

Lizzmac

10-10-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
81. "OK, maybe I'm crazy..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-03 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

... but the thing that struck me the *most* about last night's episode was the weird way Jon was holding his arms at TC. He had two fingers extended on each hand, with his arms crossed. And it looked weird enough the first time, but he sat the same way after he got up and voted. Did this strike anybody else as weird?

However... what could it mean? I'm not sure. That he's saying "I Am The Puppetmaster" and he's holding strings over the two factions? (And one little tiny baby string over Shawn )

I dunno. But it was the one thing that really smacked me in the face last night, and I instinctively thought of it in Big Lie terms. It would be something that JP would not notice at the time, but might come to realize later, as in being the final clue for him to realize that a BL was being told.

Or... it was just a stupid drunk trying to hold himself upright.

Does anybody else know what I'm talking about?

One other conclusion I came to was that the Big Regret must be the Drake decision to throw the IC last night. Yeah, tribes have done that before and regretted it before, but I think JP must have been talking about the "losing a member" thing. Which, BTW, is doubly insidious, with the person returning to his/her tribe... can he/she ever be trusted again?

Lizzmac
(edited to say that I use WAY too many smiley faces....)

10-10-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
85. "RE: OK, maybe I'm crazy..."
I noticed that, too.

Seemed to me like just some drunk little punk that wants to think he's something trying to look like he's cool, though.

I think the big regret was throwing that competition (unless it was killing the infamous pelican that BrownRoach loves so much). They lost Burton AND Rupert, and the power has completely swung. How can Drake win any challenges now?????

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I'm confused about one thing, though -- if that little paper said to take a member of the opposing tribe, that would've left Morgan with only 3 players if they lost, correct? I can't imagine that they would let that happen. I'll bet anything there were 2 notes on that little paper (or it was blank, whatever), and if Drake had won they would've had something different.

10-10-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
87. "RE: OK, maybe I'm crazy..."
It's not a permanent swap, though... Rupert stays with Morgan just through the next RC, according to what Jeff read, so at least Rupe gets to come back to Drake for the IC.

I think you may be right about an alternate "surprise reward" for Drake had they won.

You're probably right about Jon just being a drunk punk.

Lizzmac

10-10-03, 01:17 PM (EST)
88. "Mystery solved!"
In Markopolo's Yahoo! Insider post, Draco Malfoy points out that that Four-Finger Sign is apparently something pro wrestler Ric Flair uses.

Ugh. Might have known. What a stupid, immature pinhead Jon is. But at least I can go bark up a different tree for a while... speaking of which, does anyone think the BL could be Shawn's betrayal of Burton? It couldn't possibly be it, could it? I mean, we all know overhype is Burnett's middle name... geez, I hope that's not it.

Lizzmac

10-10-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
91. "RE: Mystery solved!"
actually, Jon was holding up 2 fingers on each hand if I remember correctly, like V for "Victory" or "Peace". Ric Flair held up 4 fingers on one hand to signify the 4 horsemen...

Not that it matters, but they weren't the same sign.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10-10-03, 05:57 PM (EST)
93. "Awww nuts"
That's what I get for not watching pro wrasslin' like my grandma used to ;)

Don't tell me I have to go back to thinking about this...

No. I'm going to just say no to hidden signals and meanings, and keep repeating "Jon is a knucklehead, Jon is a knucklehead..."

Thanks for the clarification, Acawap!

Lizzmac

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
98. "RE: Jon's Hand signs"
While I don't profess to know why Jon was holding up the 2 fingers on each hand, pressing them against his forearms as he rocked back and forth...he did do this before and after the vote Lizz, you were right about that. He did hold up the 4 fingers like the symbol of the 4 horseman, but he did this during his "can you dig that sucka?" at the voting portion, which if you watch the replays closely you can see that.

He also did a swaggering little dance on his way in to TC, and going up to the voting booth.

As for him seeing Shawn's vote, the only way he could have was if it was open in the container when he put his own vote in. Jon wrote additional stuff on his card below Burton's name and in each corner, he also knew that his card was not held up by Jiffy when he read the votes. So with a 4-2 vote and his own vote left in the container, that is how Jon knew that Shawn voted for Burton (since Michelle and Burton were obvious votes for Christa).

I think the whole reason Jon "outs" Shawn in EP5 for voting for Burton is too show the tribe that they should vote for Michelle. He wants Shawn to stay around, they have a 1-1 alliance. I also believe that the big lie will happen in EP5 and have something to do with Jon and Shawn.

10-10-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
82. "Hmmm. Another idea."
I was pondering what would shock me the most about this season... and that would be if Jon were NOT the big a**hole he seems to be. From the beginning (even reading his bio, I told my sister he was "Survivor I'm most likely to loathe by the end of the first episode") he seemed like too much of a - ewww - kinda guy to be believed. Hugh Hefner as his idol?

What if he really IS The Puppetmaster? What if this stupid, loud-mouthed, boorish, drunken behavior is all an act?

Of course, I'm not sure what he would want to accomplish with it - he'd be too likely to be voted out if everyone bought it completely. But obviously something's working so far, for him to convince the others 5-2 to vote out Burton...

Lizzmac

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
86. "RE: Hmmm. Another idea."
I saw Jon holding up his fingers but only when Jeff started to call out the votes. I thought maybe he was too drunk to keep track in his head and needed his fingers to count on!

I think Jon thinks he's the puppetmaster, but he's useless to the tribe. did you see him at the challenges. He flopped into the water the second time (notice he didn't go out but picked up the puzzle in the sand the first time (as well as Sandra doing that too - so maybe she's not a strong swimmer either))

Only time will tell, but he is so annoying. A floater early on in the game will soon be gone. (although did you see him and Sandra hugging after one of the challenges?)

Sandra, Trish and Christa are a good alliance, but they aren't very strong. If Rupert gets voted out before Michelle and Shawn before they merge, then they are in trouble unless they get Jon on their side.

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
92. "Lillian"
I still think it has to do with Lillian and the fishhook (Big Lie/ thread 2). Has anyone gone back and looked at the tape yet? I don’t have it. Could tie into the Big Lie and Regret.
And I don’t know what Jon was up to with his two finger declaration but I did notice they rivaled Arsenio Hall’s in length. But as someone (Draco Malfoy?) mentioned somewhere else, Jon’s little “gang sign” while he was going up to vote was a wrestler thing signifying “The Four Horsemen”, apparently a wrestling clique of four wrestlers (foreshadows his 4 person alliance? Or just a drunken ass?). I think the two fingers were in that vein as well, some inside wrestling thing.
And sorry, Mistofleas and brownroach, but what was with all those pelican shots last night? I kept thinking it was finally going to happen (I know, I know, it was in E1).

yam4life 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yam4life Click to send private message to yam4life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
94. "RE: Lillian"
I have been a "Four Horsemen" fan for a number of years. What Jon did was NOTHING like the Horsemen four finger gesture. Jon was just showing that he is an idiot.

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
95. "RE: Lillian"
Regarding Jon's double peace signs...

Could be absolutely nothing.

Could be a Carol Burnett like thing -- a hello to someone he knows in the viewing audience. (For those of y'all too young to remember, Carol Burnett used to tug on her earlobe at the end of her show as a special hello to her grandmother.)

Did Jon used to read the spoiler boards? I question this because you know how sometimes TC pictures are released way out of sequence (like in Thailand) -- maybe it was an Episode 4 signal. Or maybe that's granting Jon too much brain power - lol. But if he signs a number equal to Ep next time he goes to tribal council - it will definitely make him more interesting.

LouHobbs 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LouHobbs Click to send private message to LouHobbs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
96. "RE: The Big Lie"
My 2 cents on the big lie:

I think it is Jon. I believe the reporter who originally reported it, got it right the first time. Besides, it fits well with Jon's personality.

I think the lie itself will be something about Jon's personal life that he will tell the others. Perhaps some whopper about a personal tragedy in his life - he's an orphan, his brother has aids, his wife died in an accident, etc... just something to win him some sympathy or goodwill.

I think it will be a personal history lie because Probst admits the lie fooled him for a while. I'm betting that he knows about every detail that happens on the island - so I don't think he'd be easily fooled.

Also, it is a lie that is never revealed to the other contestants. Supposedly, they'll find out the same time as we will. I believe that this could be where the regret comes in. If the lie is truly despicable - then Jon is going to feel the heat. Everyone in TV-Land will hate his guts. Assuming Jon has some shame - he should regret that.

Well that's my theory (today).

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-17-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
103. "RE: The Big Lie"
Ya know this got me thinking about something...

Last season we had Jenna in the final two....her mother had cancer which personally I think helped her seal the million (since she was seen to "need" it more). What if the person responsible for the lie makes up a sob story in order to gain sympathy and possible votes? Then the person goes on to reveal in confessionals that its all a lie to gain votes. I could easily see Jeff freak out about this and no one would find out until the show aired...including the rest of the survivors.

Any takers???

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
107. "RE: The Big Lie"
What if
>the person responsible for the
>lie makes up a sob
>story in order to gain
>sympathy and possible votes? Then
>the person goes on to
>reveal in confessionals that its
>all a lie to gain
>votes. I could easily see
>Jeff freak out about this
>and no one would find
>out until the show aired...including
>the rest of the survivors.

That could very well fit into the theory of the finale being different this year. Some people have theorized that the finale will be when the survivors on the jury actually vote...that the months that separate going home until the finale they have been "sequestered" by MB and told specifically not to have any contact with one another.

I have heard that other survivors have mentioned this type of thing, but here is a cut from Michelle's CBS chat transcript:
(from survivorfever.net)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3f905cef31605fbf

http://www.survivorfever.net/chat_michelle.html

So if the survivor who tells the big lie makes F2 and then everybody gets to see the show BEFORE they vote, it sure would lead to a "million" regrets...

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
97. "RE: Lillian"
I can't recall any wrestler doing hand signals like this. For the record, this is the "Four Horsemen" hand sign, done by Arn Anderson.

"FYI- I pissed in the whirlpool!" - Hutch
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:310 Loss To Date:-29

10-17-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
99. "RE: Lillian"
???

VO: And, is it the ultimate act of betrayal?
Trish: Rupert has a hell of alot of power right now.
Rupert: I can't believe this.
Sandra: Oh man, this is crazy.

I'm sure that some of the words are taken out of context of how it progressed like R and S comments but Trish obviously makes that statement.

See Insider for Michelle's take on who the real leader of Drake is.

10-17-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
100. "RE: Lillian"
May I just take this moment to say if Trish and Sandra do a bad thing to my Rupert, I'm gonna have to find them and make them very very sorry.

Okay, back to spoiling. I just needed to get that out.

--can't believe this thread has gotten so big again

10-17-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
101. "RE: Lillian"
misto I'll go pull their hair out with you

Seems to me that Rupert leaving (outside your typical merge threat scenario) would be his being the receipient of the lie. J/S are obviously smarmy and apparently Trish is a very wiley player.

And does stunning confession have anything to do with it or is this just your typical bull (I'm still waiting on photo finish and fury on the shower)

Six members remain, J/S want Rupert gone. Trish is the real puppet master? And Rupert/Christa/Sandra make three.

Although LOGICALLY (hrmph) I'm not sure of it but this lie is supposed to bring about A LOT of regret (if you are of the mind that they are interwined)

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-17-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
102. "Mole = Big Lie?"
Ok, what if the big lie involves the rumored “Mole” in each tribe? (supposedly attributed to Lil and discussed in “See BS Misdirection Ep 6- Me and My Snake”)
Secretly a member of the other tribe or of the Ghost Tribe, they try and screw up things for their current “tribe”. This could be why Burton says it hasn’t happened yet. (discussed in “Burton on San Fran radio this a.m.”)
He may have been told about it by the mole themselves in LL. Or he might have figured it out while watching Osten (for sure) and probably Jon screw up challenges.
And if MB and co. didn’t tell Jeff (for whatever reason, primarily because they didn’t want Jeff to slip) about the existence of moles, he certainly would have made his now immortalized, albeit brief, statement.

10-17-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
104. "RE: Mole = Big Lie?"
Here's where Lillian's supposed mole comment was posted:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4114.shtml

Bear in mind that if she did in fact say this -- and we have no real reason to believe she did -- she could very easily have been making it up.

10-17-03, 04:43 PM (EST)
105. "RE: Mole = Big Lie?"
is it possible she meant a mole was planted in each tribe later in the game -- like from the infamous 'ghost tribe'? maybe she is actually the mole. Or one of them.

Two members of ghost tribe win the ability to re-enter the game, but with the opposite tribe?

Still don't buy the Osten losing on purpose thing... he held Darrah up for TWO HOURS!! He's not tanking -- he's just a wuss.

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-17-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
106. "Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist :Next two episodes"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-03 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

IMHO:

I think the BL, BR, and BT will all happen in the next two episodes.

Big Lie: Jeffy said the big lie is something one person told everybody else and they believed it. I think the preview about someone making a "stunning" confession while looting the other tribe is the big lie. Personally I'm still in the Jon tells the big lie camp. But Andrew is a close contender for the big lie because I think he knows his tribe sucks and is hoping to get in good with the members of the Drake tribe. (How can you have a strong alliance when your alliance partners can't win? Michelle knows all about this!) Did anyone catch Andrew's longing looks at the Drake camp as he left on the boat?
*Edited to add a thought I had while sitting at my computer staring blankly into space obsessively contemplating THE BIG DAMN LIE*
Maybe a member of the Moron tribe (possibly Darrah or Osten who were not impressed with Rupert) tells the BL to the Drakes about something Rupert said while he was at Moron camp. This could be the reason for Rupert's boot and nobody would know it was a lie until the episode aired.

Big Regret: This I believe will come about with the booting of my Ruppie Doll. I think his tribe will betray him and he'll get the boot, his tribe anticipating a merger. When a merger doesn't happen as they "expect" it to, then they are going to regret it as they will consistently lose the comps. If Drake does boot my Ruppie Doll I am seriously going to go pirate all over their ass! Bashers here I come!

Big Twist: I think the idea of a "ghost tribe" is a good one. I read on another post (I'm sorry I don't remember where) that the early speculation was that the colors of the tribes were aqua, orange and black. The tribe names were Drake, Morgan and Balboa. (I think it was a Snewser spoiler) If Drake boots their care-taker and strongest player Rupert, thinking merger time then Jeffy springs it on them that not only will there not be a merger, but there is going to be an additional team to compete against. The Drakes will give a collective "What the..."

I'm wondering though if there has been any talk of Rupert being part of the "ghost tribe"? So far Lil has been the favored pick on returning, but what about Rupert? This is the only glitch in my musings, if Rupert is booted, why has there been no talk of him returning?

Joyful thinks that if Rupert goes to the LL it won't be the LL anymore. It will be the EALERL. (Everybody's a loser except Rupert lodge).

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-18-03, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
109. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist :Next two episodes"
Because rupert is the bearded man who makes FF (not Andrew)
So it should be FF that is
Rupert
Osten
Darrah
Trish or Lil

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-18-03, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
110. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist :Next two episodes"

>I'm wondering though if there has
>been any talk of Rupert
>being part of the "ghost
>tribe"? So far Lil
>has been the favored pick
>on returning, but what about
>Rupert? This is the
>only glitch in my musings,
>if Rupert is booted, why
>has there been no talk
>of him returning?

I have been wondering about this too. I am trying to imagine a competition at which Lil could beat out other players to return to the game.

Now obviously, NO ONE seems to think Nicole or Ryan S are coming back. But against Burton and Michelle and this week's boot (Christa? Rupert? Shawn? Rhino?). . . I'm not sure what Lil's chances would be in a physical competition.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-19-03, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
111. "RE: Big Lie / Big Regret / Big Twist :Next two episodes"
Question

Did I read somewhere Shawn has a twin ???

There were plans to have them appear on the same show,
but thought it would create an unfair advantage ???

If true, this could be a source of many lies, twists, and
regrets ??????

FrogPrincess 76 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FrogPrincess Click to send private message to FrogPrincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
112. "My Newbie Theory"
Ok ... so i'm new here but here's my thoughts ...

I think it's paritally over already. I think Jeffy over-hyped the whole thing. The big lie is that Drake threw the challenge. Jeffy seemed pretty shocked that Jon was telling him they "acutally lost" this time. This also follows the lines that Jon "told" the big lie. The big regret could then follow by Drake not being able to recover and losing many more challenges. That could screw them over in the end and maybe even go into the merge tied!
I know that doesn't really tie into the whole Jeffy quote about one person telling it to everyone ... but it's an interesting theory. So many of the episodes haven't been too exciting with too many twists ... so maybe this is just a lot of hype. I guess only Jeffy and Mark know for sure!

"Be the Froot Loop in a bowl of Cheerios"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •