The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 title"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-04-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 title"
As always, courtesy of MayanSun at Sucks:

Pearl Islands Episode 5 Title:
"Everyone's Hero"
Airdate: 10.16.03

Hmmmmm. Well, if he's not everyone's Hero, he sure is Mark Burnett's and Jiffy's. Bye bye Blackbeard.

A Kyngsladye Original

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 title I_AM_HE 10-04-03 1
   RE: Episode 5 title Nash 10-04-03 2
   RE: Episode 5 title bebekid 10-04-03 3
       RE: Episode 5 title VerucaSalt 10-04-03 4
           RE: Episode 5 title PhoenixMons 10-04-03 5
               RE: Episode 5 title Breezy 10-06-03 19
               RE: Episode 5 title LeftPinky 10-07-03 27
           RE: Episode 5 title bebekid 10-04-03 6
               RE: Episode 5 title starroark 10-05-03 10
           RE: Episode 5 title lizzmac 10-06-03 20
       RE: Episode 5 title Draco Malfoy 10-06-03 18
   Jon safe episode 4? bebekid 10-04-03 7
       RE: Jon safe episode 4? 7sins_pride 10-04-03 8
 Drake in mourning frisky 10-04-03 9
 Another Possibility Ajenda 10-05-03 11
   Andrew the Hero mavsfan 10-09-03 28
 RE: Episode 5 title 7sins_pride 10-05-03 12
   RE: Episode 5 title VerucaSalt 10-05-03 13
       RE: Episode 5 title cowboyroo 10-06-03 17
       Could be meant ironically AZ_Leo 10-06-03 21
 Different Interpretation princessoftides 10-05-03 14
   RE: Different Interpretation zzz 10-05-03 15
       RE: Different Interpretation bergdogg 10-05-03 16
           RE: Different Interpretation VerucaSalt 10-07-03 22
               RE: Different Interpretation Thaibeach 10-07-03 23
                   RE: Different Interpretation Brownroach 10-07-03 25
               Shower = treasure and/or RC proof f... big idiot 10-07-03 24
               RE: Different Interpretation badger 10-07-03 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 title"
I agree with your analysis bebe, I think this is Rupert's swan song, which makes Jon a pretty good lock for Episode 4.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 title"
That is assuming Drake loses immunity. Or it could be some other twist...who knows?

10-04-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 title"
*waves to HE*

Can it really be this easy? It seems too obvious that it's Jon then Rupert. But Snewser already has his checkmark for episode 4. I wonder how long it will take him to put a check mark on episode 5.

A Kyngsladye Original

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 title"
I'm going out on a limb here but
Everyone's Hero IMO is NOT referring to Drake but Morgan and Rupert is their hero and I'm going out on bigger early limb but I think Morgan wins Ep. 5 IC people.

And with that, after they lose in Ep. 5 you can say neener neener neener but I placing bets now Morgan is going to see the finer side of life with Rupert there.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-04-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5 title"
I totally agree with you on this one. I think the "everyone's hero" is really in reference to Rupert, now a Morgan tribe member, being the new hero of Morgan. Obviously he knows if he doesn't want to get booted immediately, he's got to work hard around camp and in challenges. So he'll be the new hero of Morgan and will probably be nearing the end of his story arc, but not for another week. I predict an ep. 6 or 7 boot from Rupert, but not ep. 5

Since I think Osten is faking the whole "woe is me" thing to garner sympathy and to stay UTR, I wonder what Rupert's presence (now Osten is probably more disposable) will mean for him...maybe we'll see a miraculous "healing" of Osten in ep 5? Methinks that's what's in store

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5 title"
I agree with Pheonix I think Rupert helps Morgan win more challenges and Drake goes to TC again.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-07-03, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 5 title"
Hey PM - absolutely agree, Rupert is now the hero of the Morgan tribe, he was the hero of the drake tribe which leads us to...

Who goes the next time that the Morons go to TC.... RYAN O! We've been led to believe that his fate was sealed with a twist and/or swap, we just assumed that he ended up on a tribe with all of the Drunk Drakes...

In this case, Rupert isn't going to get the boot, so who is the strongest threat left? Not Osten, Ryan O!

10-04-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 5 title"
I can't understand why either tribe would want to vote out Rupert unless they KNEW the merge was imminent, and he wasn't needed anymore and is an individual IC threat.

The title HAS to be about Rupert, no one else. Whether or not he gets booted episode 5, I'll have to wait for more clues.

The last time I can remember a title referring to one castaway was "The Power of One", referring to Robbb in Thailand and of course, he got the boot.

A Kyngsladye Original

starroark 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-05-03, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starroark Click to send private message to starroark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5 title"
>The last time I can remember
>a title referring to one
>castaway was "The Power of
>One", referring to Robbb in
>Thailand and of course, he
>got the boot.
>
>
>A Kyngsladye Original

I remember some others...
"The Princess" from Survivor 4 which was about Neleh.
"Nacho Mama" Again from Survivor 4 about Patricia
"True Lies" LoL, again from Survivor 4 about the Robfather
There are probably some more, but I forgot.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-06-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 5 title"
I totally agree that this title refers to Rupert, and I agree with you thinking this mean's he's *Morgan's* hero, and not in danger of a boot - in this episode.

I also think it's possible this means Morgan wins an RC - and take the fishing spear when they pillage the Drake camp. So not only does Rupert help them win challenges, he's now Master Fisherman and brings them food, too.

Dang, I'll be sorry to see him go.

Lizzmac

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 5 title"
*waves to bebkid*
>
>Can it really be this easy?
> It seems too obvious
>that it's Jon then Rupert.
> But Snewser already has
>his checkmark for episode 4.
> I wonder how long
>it will take him to
>put a check mark on
>episode 5.

It's already there. Damn Snewser's cocky this year.

"FYI- I pissed in the whirlpool!" - Hutch
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:320 Loss To Date:-19

10-04-03, 08:40 PM (EST)
7. "Jon safe episode 4?"
TDT says they have reason to believe Jon makes it through episode 4. They DO, however, believe Drake will go to TC. They're talking about Burton being a possibility, and Snewser has downgraded Burton quite a bit.

A Kyngsladye Original

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jon safe episode 4?"
TDT also listed Michelle as 'probrably safe'..hmmm..

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Drake in mourning"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

Well, considering how easy the Drake tribe as had it, and assuming they unexpectedly lose their breadwinner to the Morons this week, I think they would spend at least the next three days mourning their loss. "Everyone's Hero" is just one of those good things we would say when lamenting the loss of an important someone.

Example: "He was a great guy. He was everyone's hero."

Ajenda 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-05-03, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ajenda Click to send private message to Ajenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Another Possibility"
Could the 'hero' not be Andrew? I know from our perspective he's completely the opposite, but from what I can tell the majority of Morgan likes him. Maybe this is where he goes...

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-03, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Andrew the Hero"
I agree Ajenda.

The very end of the previews for "Next week on SURVIVOR" shows:

Jeff arm outstretched saying "Osten you're ok!"
Osten looking a little frantic says "Need help!"
Then a voice I think is Andrew says "Hang on!"

Under the post EP4:WEB promo
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4139.shtml

Frisky has posted a series of Pix's with the last 14 showing Osten in trouble in the water. The very last shot appears to be Andrew sprinting towards the water.

I remember that in SURVIVOR AUSTRALIA when the were jumping off the cliff into the water there was concern that Kentucky Joe couldn't much more than dog paddle and that it could be dangerous. MB's response was something to the effect of "Well, He's got several folks on his tribe that are strong swimmers. Let's see if they'll help him."

So while MB may be correct that there was no near drowining, (Because safety professionals were nearby) Osten may have felt he was drowing, and the other players may have felt Osten was in danger of drowning.

I think It's Andrew that rescues Osten and becomes "everyone's Hero" (even if only for a week).

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5 title"
Snewser already made his pick for Ep 5...he looks pretty damn sure who goes..since he made his pick in like what ? 1 day ?..looks like rupert is in trouble..

10-05-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 5 title"
Not meaning to beat my own dead horse but Rupert going to Drake is not going to be his deathwish.

Morgan has come from the brink of death in Ep. 4. I will guarantee you Rupert will work hard, if not harder to lead Morgan to a win in Ep. 5. Of course he is EVERYONE'S HERO --- from Morgan.

If editing plays any part in this show

Recall Andrew stating he wished or couldn't wait for Drake to suffer and finally crumble (paraphrasing here) and how Rupert is winning Drake's challenges for them?

Rupert KNOWS in order to survive at Morgan where alliances have been formed, etc. he has got to be everyone's hero and he will.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 5 title"
Veruca,

I think you may be right there, but with the spoilers of who goes early; I'm thinking someone unlikely will be the hero.

I think Drake possibly wins Immunity Episode 5, and they get to steal a tribemate again, however they don't take Rupert, they take Ryan O, which leads to his boot in Episode 6.

Rupert is not going to have his fishing spear at Morgan, and he has made severals statements that as long as he's catching fish and feeding the tribe he'll be in the game.

I think when Jon made his statement that there are bigger targets than Sandra last week, he was referring to Rupert as the main target. So, Burton and gang leave Rupert over at Morgan and take Ryan O. so Morgan can do their dirty work and rid of Rupert. Then, Drake in turn can toss Ryan O hoping for a traditional merge at 6-4.

I think the Everyone's hero statement may come up in someone's TC voting confessional, saying that have to get rid of Everyone's Hero before he wins the game.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-06-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Could be meant ironically"
If Rupert does go to Morgan, I don't see him blindly following Andrew like the rest of the tribe. Rupert may come in, win challenges, get food, etc but question what has been done up to now. Many on Morgan may begin to treat him as their hero. However, this would be a threat to Andrew's Alpha Male status. I see Andrew trying to get rid of Rupert or somehow put him down to the rest of the tribe as soon as possible. Is this where the big lie comes in? Andrew against Rupert on Morgan.

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-05-03, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Different Interpretation"
Just to make sure we consider all the possibilities...

The apostrophe-s is actually ambiguous grammar-wise. It COULD mean "the hero of everyone" but it also could mean "everyone is hero". Not sure what this would mean - something about one of the challenges, maybe?

Personally I think it's the first version (possessive), but thought I'd throw it out there for consideration....

"She saw the world through a dazzling prism of authentic imagination."
- Pat Conroy

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Different Interpretation"
I doubt it means "Everyone is hero" because that would not really be grammatical. It would have to be "Everyone's a hero" rather than "Everyone's hero." MB may not be a native of the U.S. but I think his grammar is good enough not to use broken English.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-05-03, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Different Interpretation"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-03 AT 11:55 PM (EST)

I doubt it means "Everyone is hero" because that would not really be grammatical. It would have to be "Everyone's a hero" rather than "Everyone's hero." MB may not be a native of the U.S. but I think his grammar is good enough not to use broken English.

MB may not, but some of those morons on this show might have broken english, and their quote is the title of the episode.

Minnesota sports: Proving the underdogs can truly succeed!!!

edited for a silly error

10-07-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Different Interpretation"
TV Guide Description from Sucks

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16464.topic

Temper’s flare in one tribe when the men decide to build a shower that requires everyone to bathe out in the open. A fifth person is voted out of the tribe.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-07-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Different Interpretation"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-03 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

TV Guide Description from Sucks
http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16464.topic
Temper’s flare in one tribe when the men decide to build a shower that requires everyone to bathe out in the open. A fifth person is voted out of the tribe.

Do they literally mean a fifth person is voted out of the TRIBE? Meaning that this week and next, Morgan goes to TC to vote out their 4th and 5th members?

That seems too easy - maybe TV Guide is being sloppy and considering the whole group "one tribe". Unless there is a merge this week.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Different Interpretation"
A fifth person is voted out of the tribe.

They've used this turn of phrase in every installment. They just mean "out of the game", "off the show".

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Shower = treasure and/or RC proof for ep4?"
Lots of "ifs" here...

The Drakes seem more industrious than the Morgans,
Drakes have more people, hence more free hands for crazy tasks,
Drakes have more women and the type of women to "flare" about this.

If they are building a shower perhaps it is because they acquire soap/shampoo. I remember the nude bathing preview of Jenna, Shawna, and Heidi - but it did not occur to me then that they were bathing because they won things to bathe with! Well, perhaps I've learned (?)

Sooo, if this is episode #5, then they could acquire soapies from:
1) Ep 5 RC prize
2) Ep 4 RC prize
3) Ep 4 Drake treasure chest
4) RC raid on Morgan who found their treasure chest

I like #3 (Drake treasure chest) because:
1) probablity of chest finding in ep 4
2) these are types of items that would not be damaged in a buried treasure chest (unlike clothes)
3) Enough time would pass for idea to go from purpose to plan to production over several days. Upon receiving soapies all would probably run and bathe in ocean and then slowly idea would surface to build a shower.

Would revealing of treasure contents (soapies) in ep 4 ruin the teaser for ep 5? Nope, because writers know that we would know that Morgan could win RC in ep 5 and acquire soap via RC, chest or thievery - so teaser not spoiled.

just some loose transmissions, BI

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Different Interpretation"
(first post, and it's one of pure speculation. . . so be kind)

the shower in public sounds like a "jon" idea to me. maybe (and hopefully) this'll mean bye-bye jon.

to find drake at TC would also coincide with Rupert as "everyone's hero" in so far as his move to morgan will save their sorry @sses.

(and of course, by facilitating the exit of jon, rupert will indeed be "everyone's hero" -- not just morgan's.)

-badger

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •