The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 4 Makes No Sense"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

barrymore 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-03-03, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barrymore Click to send private message to barrymore Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 4 Makes No Sense"
According to the gambling world the money is on Sandra, Osten and Lil to be the final 3, with Tijana rounding out the final 4. In order for this to happen a serious change of events has to take place. The Morgan tribe is in the dumps and under this current arrangement there is not way that they can get to the merge let alone the final four! Unless Jiffy and MB shake things up with a tribal switch. Some have suggested that Morgan "pirates" a player (ie. Rupport) after they win the next challenge, and then threaten him to perform in challenges or risk getting booted. OR, which is what I hear Sandra gets real upset with her tribe and cuts a deal with the Morgan tribe at the time of the merge to swing the votes their way. As a result, the Morgans are loyal and take her to the end. Why wouldn't they she just pissed off her entire old tribe and would make for an easy million. The only question is what happens to make Sandra jump sides?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense drawde236 10-03-03 1
   RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense hearkittykitty 10-04-03 5
   RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense barrymore 10-04-03 6
       RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense J Slice 10-06-03 9
       RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense Brownroach 10-06-03 11
   Final 4 Chez 10-04-03 7
       RE: Final 4 raven 10-07-03 12
           RE: Final 4 tribephyl 10-07-03 13
               RE: Final 4 dabo 10-07-03 14
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense frisky 10-03-03 2
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense TeamJoisey 10-03-03 3
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense KeithFan 10-04-03 4
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense IslandFever 10-06-03 8
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense dabo 10-06-03 10
 RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense silentJ 10-09-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-03, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
You are forgetting one piece of the puzzle and that would be Darrah. I think that the gambling "spoilers" are pure bunk since there is no way Sandra can make it to the final two.

Here's why...

1) Jon's confessional--"I'd bet a million dollars she won't win" (paraphrased)

2) Her attitude--She is already too abrasive to go very far within this tribe. If anything, she is probably third on the list to be booted after Jon and Rupert, but Snewser has her at least making the jury (but barely).

3) Logistics--You said it yourself, the final four does not make sense with Sandra in the picture, so rule her out.

Unless Darrah develops a personality and Lil a spine, look for a very dull final 2.

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-03, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
Abrasiveness really doesn't equal boot.

In the Marquesas folks kept saying Kathy would go, Kathy would go -- and she made Final 3.

barrymore 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barrymore Click to send private message to barrymore Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
Jon's confessional makes me think that MB has given us our winner (sandra). I really hope not as she is the most annoying survivor ever! But the idea of 4 morgans aligning with 3 Drakes makes sense. But I never understood why a majority (in this case Drake)wouldn't pick off the minority (ie. Morgan) and then fight it out amongst themselves. Go Darrah!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-03, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
Sandra's the most annoying Survivor ever?

Did you miss Thailand? Ghandia was pretty awful...

And don't get me started on Jon... ::shudder::

Thank you Ms. Slice, but I have to tell you that you are dangerous. - Technoir

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
To me, Jon's confessional signals that Sandra will get further in the game than Jon, and most likely she will help eliminate him. She doesn't have to make F4 or F2 though.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-04-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Final 4"
I am hearing Lil, Darrah, Osten, Tijuana for F4. Makes sense.

Lil return in about 4 episodes, maybe just about at merge. She tips the balance toward the original Morgan. She wins next individual immunity. Wins new respect from all tribe members. Becomes the Kathy of S7 (early "loser" whom Survivors, nor audience did not care about, but gradually becomes the "come=back kid" and the audience's big, big favorite.

Sandra is not in the F4, though close.

raven 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raven Click to send private message to raven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final 4"
how about Lil, Darrah, Rupert for F3 with Osten and Tijuana for F5, I read somewhere that the last male is described as having a beard....could this possibly be Rupert? and I am aware that everyone thinks he is an early boot.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final 4"
The F3 bearded guy/ Rupert is what I've been thinking as well.
I am one of the folks who does not believe that Rupert is an early boot. He is the star and should be the F3 boot.

statistically speaking:
Other F3 boots:
S1 Rudy
S2 Keith
S3 Lex
S4 Kathy
S5 Jan(oops)although she is my star.
S6 Rob C.
S7 It has to be someone "big" TV-wise also very deserving of the prize.
Rupert fits this role to a "T"

tribephyl
Post #2 Okay, raven... now you're creepin' me out. But where is #3?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final 4"
Me Like!

Unfortunately, there is no way of guaranteeing that the F3 boot will be a character or whatever. MB casts only type A persons for Survivor, but inevitably some fade into the background or go UTR, and they can't edit in what wasn't there. Still, given the history, it is worth considering, that Rupert or one of the other standouts now will be F3. Osten, the black Charlie Brown of Survivor, is another possibility.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
I think once the Moron's finally wake up and dump their leader Android, they'll shape up.

The problem with this tribe is that they are far too focussed on analyzing the reasons for their failures. Android seems to run a post-mortem (no Morticia-pun intended) after every challenge. He thinks that as leader, it is his responsibility to point out their deficits in the challenges and talk about how they can turn things around. Under his leadership, it's all talk, talk, talk, and nobody takes any action. No wonder they are so discouraged -- all they talk about is their failures. Android is typical of the suits I work with who insist on meetings meetings and more meetings.

Once they get rid of their CEO, maybe they'll stop preparing for challenges by having pep talks (which seem to focus on the negative) and instead try to increase their food intake and concentrate on building upon their physical and mental strengths.

I can see R/O/T, Lil and Darrah doing just fine without Andrew. I don't think the rumoured final four is so far-fetched.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-03, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
Forgive me, but it is way too early to say something can't happen. There are plenty of scenarios that puts Morgans in the final 4.

Consider this: The Drake Tribe could easily fracture after a Tribal Council where four folks vote to eject Jon, and four vote to eject Rupert. The Drakes go into the merge with splintered alliances of say three and three. Four Morgans go into the merge as a smaller group, but immediately align with one of the two Drake factions to form a group of seven. Those seven boot out three Drakes. At this point the wheeling and dealing and backstabbing takes over. Osten wins some immunity challenges, Tijuana and Darrah fly under Osten's wing.

Sandra, while abrasive, can probably scheme as well as anyone out there. Of course, putting Lil there is a lot tougher. She seems to be gone from the game, now doesn't she? So maybe the older woman is Trish, who can certainly get there from a fractured Drake tribe, since she's unlikely to be a target in any power struggle.

So don't be too quick to say "that could never happen." This Survivor, where weird things happen. And if they don't, Mark Burnett makes them happen.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
It doesn't make sense to me yet either, but I'll just say this: Matt, Clay, Vecepia, Dicque - none of these had the proverbial "snowball's chance" at this point in their shows. Just too much going to happen that we haven't seen yet. Some think there could be a shake up this week, hopefully we'll know more and can reason this out.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-06-03, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
I was thinking just the opposite about Jon's confessional. I thought when he said that about Sandra that she may just make the Final 4. Snews has downgraded TJ but doesn't feel Sandra is FF material. I could see an Osten-Lil Final 2 but I am bad at predicting such things.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
We should approach this from what possible twists could result in this scenario, swaps and whatever.

Let's suppose that for whatever reason, Sandra ends up in the minority in Drake, and she knows this. In other words, no matter what she does within the Drake Tribe, her days are numbered. Morgan Tribe, however, has been whalloped, can only stay alive in the game with some help from outside. Sandra and another Drake perhaps (who is likewise outnumbered in the Drake) switch alliances, giving the Morgans a good chance of winning the game.

A swap could help accomplish this; ie. either Sandra ends up in Camp Morgan or is reduced to minority position within Drake because of a swap (loses her foremost allies).

And let's not rule out stupidity. The Boran in Africa had the clear majority at the merge, they then reduced themselves to parity by voting out Clarence and Kelly, and the Samburu could have stolen the endgame if they could only have united against the Boran. They didn't, but they could have.

Basically, though, I think nonsensical final fours suggest imminent swaps. That's what happened in Amazon.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-09-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final 4 Makes No Sense"
I was pondering this final four possibllity and came up with this possible scenario. I'd love to hear what others think about it. It's been perculating in my head all day.

Ep4: Drake loses the IC and ,in a twist, Rupert. The Shawn/Burton/Michelle/Jon faction vote out the weakest member of the Trish/Sandra/Christa/(Rupert) faction, Christa, 4-3.
(she's a rumored pre-jury boot)

Ep5: Drake wins the IC and a new member but either can't retrieve Rupert or, more likely, the ambiguously gay duo decides to steal Morgan's leader and eliminate Rupert. Andrew joins Drake and Rupert joins the others at loser lodge. (Rupert is also a rumored early boot)

Ep6: Drake wins again and Andrew convinces Drake to steal Darrah as she is the weakest left. This forces Morgan to off one more strong player before the merge and solidifies the Shawn/Burton/Andrew/Jon Boring White Guy Alliance. Sean and Vee...er... I mean Osten and Tiajuana vote off Ryan (not that they are in an alliance or anything). (Ryan is also believed to not make the jury and it makes Ryan's comment to Andrew, "If you vote off Darrah, our alliance is over," ironic)

Ep The merge, where things get interesting. The IC is physical and Probst announces another twist. Since MB hates how the stongest players seem to go early, the winner of this challenge wins immunity and the weakest player physically (ie. Jon)loses and is eliminated. That eliminated player (Jon) is replaced by a player that was already voted out. It's a test of actual survival skills won by the Matron of Merit Badges- Lillian. Sandra and Trish know their going to get hosed by the White Guys and go looking for a way out. They approach Lillian, who has no problem voting joining with the former Drakes, they then find Darrah, Osten and Tiajuana and explain how Andrew sold them and Ryan out. Andrew is voted out pre jury by Sandra, Trish, Osten, Tiajuana, Darrah, and Lillian

Shawn, Michelle, and Burton are voted out for the next 3 shows

All the people with loved one spoliers are left at this point, I think (Darrah, Osten, and Lillian are the only ones I've heard about)

At this point either Lil, Trish, Darrah goes. Then Tiajuana (thanks to Osten getting immunity), then Osten, leaving Sandra, Trish, Darrah or Lillian as the final 3
Since I've heard at least one spoiler for each of these women to win, I'll stop here.

Seems plausible in my mind, any flaws?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •