The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lil's CBS WebChat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lil's CBS WebChat"
Copied over from Snewser http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=208.

Q: How hard was it for you to leave the game over Darrah?
Lil: It was very difficult to have to leave. I felt like I'd shown them that I was an asset to the tribe, I felt like I'd shown in the area of skills with fire building and fetching the water, and I did try my hand at fishing, which was unsuccessful, but I did give it a good try. I feel like I would have been more beneficial to the tribe, but I wasn't that pretty face that Darrah was and these young men like those pretty faces and she had the Mississippi drawl which is very charming and seductive to a young man.

Q: What is your opinion of Darrah?
Lil: I believe that she was a young girl that was not used to working hard in the outdoors. I am sure she worked hard at what she did in her chosen profession, but she did flatter me on a number of occasions. She said I reminded her a lot of her father, which I considered a high compliment, because she was very close to her father.

Q: After you were voted off, what did you enjoy most about your time in Panama?
Lil: I enjoyed the first thing I ate. It was a piece of a Snickers. It was like heaven. It melted in my mouth, and I'm not a real big candy eater, but I did enjoy that. I enjoyed smelling fresh sheets and being warm at night.

Q: Who did you snuggle with at night so that you wouldn't freeze?
Lil: I wouldn't exactly call it snuggling. I just put my back next to Ryan S.'s back and it did give us some warmth. Ryan Shoulders has more character than Ryan O. will ever have.

Q: The look on your face always seemed to indicate you were angry. Was that true?
Lil: I was more sad than angry. When Ryan got voted off, I felt it was a great injustice. It broke my heart because I felt that Ryan S. was my only friend on the island at that time. The rest of them were very into themselves or getting their alliances going, they weren't interested in me. Ryan gave me friendship and listened to me when I had concerns. One of the things he said to me was "Don't give up until your torch has been snuffed out. Don't give up, Lil." And he was right.

Q: Andrew said he'd be up front and let you know if it looked like you'd be the one to go. Did he?
Lil: I think he didn't. You have to understand that Andrew was our leader. He had a lot on his shoulders. Look at our tribe. The strongest member probably seemed to be gone. Dealing with that, dealing with trying to talk Osten into staying. He was also dealing with Ryan O. who was going to him and saying I believe, if you vote off Darrah, our alliance is void. He was dealing also with a dtribe who had lost six challenges. That's a lot to bring any leader down and then he hears from Jeff that they usually execute leaders with this kind of track record.

Q: What is wrong with your tribe? I mean, there is no unity, no organization, can't they see that?
Lil: I think if we'd started out winning something we would have been better off. We lost six challenges and that becomes detrimental, it makes you feel defeated. You spend your time trying to figure out how to make it better, how to bring everyone together. You start pointing fingers like they did with Ryan. They were upset with me about a fish hook. There were two other people in the tribe that lost fish hooks that are still there. So, I really don't believe that me losing the fish hook was my downfall, it was an excuse.

Q: Who else lost a hook?
Lil: I'm not going to say that at this time. They were all trying to do the fishing also, so it wasn't just me. They were out trying too, and I'm not going to point fingers like they did.

Q: Didn't you ever want to tell Osten "stop whining like a baby?" How could you deal with that?
Lil: I had compassion for Osten. Osten and I on a couple of occasions prayed together. Osten explained to me that where we were at in the jungle, this was my thing. That I was capable of surviving, this was my element, and his jungle was the city. Being in the city, I'd be lost, but he was lost out here in the jungle. I could see what he was saying.

Q: What do you think your troop will say when they see you wearing your buff as a shirt?
Lil: I think they've already seen it. I think they were more shocked by the panties I was wearing. I took off my pants during a challenge. They were hindering me swimming because they are a heavy material and I didn't want to have them wet during the night time.

Q: Were you embarrassed to be seen on national TV with no pants on and only panties?
Lil: Good question. Was I embarrassed? No, somehow some people they don't think that the adults can be normal. They don't think that we act like adults so we wouldn't like their kind of music or have their young opinions. I think my troop would be embarrassed for me with me running around in my underwear.

Q: Do you think the lack of focus (the guys taking time to get nude) lost the cannonball challenge?
Lil: No, because when they decided to get nude, we were at a standstill. We were waiting for the Drake tribe in front of us to do most of the work, and we were just standing there thinking how smart of us to let them do all the work, but in the long run, it hurt us. The right tribe won that one.

Q: Did you believe for one minute that Osten couldn't make it any further in the IC?
Lil: I think Osten is used to winning. I think Osten probably has not failed, physically failed in his lifetime, too many times. I think he took it personally, he didn't take it as an "us" defeat, he took it as a "me" defeat. He took it very personally, and that is why he felt he didn't want to go on.

Q: What did Darrah contribute, if anything? Other than being suspended in the IC, we haven't seen any effort from her.
Lil: Darrah did the best she could, I would say. I saw her a number of times dragging wood in. No, she didn't boil water, she didn't do the fire, she didn't know how, but I think she was willing to learn and I'd like to think that knowing Tijuana, they had a very close relationship, I think that both of them said to one another, we have to do better, and if we kick Lil off, I'd like to think they'd do better for picking up the pace or the water, but I don't see the guys doing it.

Q: Were you happy that your tribe decided to pick a "leader" so early on?
Lil: My husband, Lonnie, of thirty years, told me that if I was going to go in this with any hope, that I wasn't going to be the first one kicked out, I had better leave the Scout master hat and attitude at home. I didn't care who was the leader as long as it wasn't me. Leaders are looked at as strong, and in order to tear down a tribe or you know, make them come to order, they get rid of the stronger people in the long run. So, I decided I wouldn't even encourage leadership. Plus, I don't know if I could have done any better than Andrew did. I think I would have given Ryan S. more of an opportunity. I don't think I could have done a whole lot better than what Andrew did.

Q: Was there a vote to make Andrew the leader, or did he take over?
Lil: There was a decision among everyone. We were in a group and someone must have said something to the effect of I think we ought to have a leader and I think Andrew would make a good leader, and asked if he'd accept that position, and he said sure. Everyone looked to each other to see if anyone would deny it, and who am I to say different?

Q: What was it like in the village with the language barrier, and how come you all didn't spend all of your money in the village?
Lil: Personally, I think we had a big disadvantage not having anyone who could speak Spanish. I feel like we were so anxious to get down there, get a boat, and get out of there that we didn't think beyond doing that, what we were going to do when our food ran out (we only had one bag of rice and one bag of beans) and we didn't really take care of our food supply very good because they would lay on the bags and use them as pillows. The food would be dropped out into the sand, and they didn't think must of it. I think as far as the language, we didn't get the amount of supplies that we should have gotten. We had quite a bit of money left over. There was one point where I remember Ryan S. and I tried to bring that to everyone's attention, and we weren't listened to, we just headed down with the money in our sack.

Q: Who was the most annoying person on your tribe after Nicole left?
Lil: Tijuana. She was argumentative. I liked Tijuana, but she wanted to voice her opinion and that was the most important thing to her at any time, to voice her opinion.

Q: Do you hope that fire goes out and they can't get it going again since they voted you off?
Lil: Well, this is my personality: I knew I was going to be booted off that night. Before I left, I banked the fire, I went out and got small pieces of kindling and put it underneath where I slept so it would be dry. I went to Andrew, I pointed out to him that the kindling when you come back and it's cold, you're wet and it's dark, there's kindling that you just need to put on top of the coals to get the fire going. That's just me. Part of me was very angry, but I was not vindictive enough to want to see them suffer too much.

Q: Why did you tell them you lost the hook versus saying nothing?
Lil: I'm usually pretty honest and upfront. It never dawned on me not to say something. I lost the hook, I take responsibility. Kind of "the buck stops here." I messed up, don't blame it on someone else.

Q: Besides Ryan S., what person (before tribes were picked) impressed you most?
Lil: We're not to know of each other. Yes, we were in close proximity of one another, but I didn't get to know anyone until we jumped overboard. We hugged each other, jumped over the side, and went swimming for shore. Before that, we were strangers, so there was really no one that impressed me before the game started. We weren't allowed to speak to each other, we had no contact with each other, other than being in the same room, no conversation was held.

Q: Have you watched the previous Survivor shows, and if so, which one was your favorite?
Lil: I haven't watched a lot of the previous shows because my scout troop meets on Thursday, but the last show (The Amazon), two of my closest friends, Jennifer and A.J., taped them for me, and then they'd sit with me and go over things I should and shouldn't do. Good friends, good friends they sent me out on this escapade.

Q: When Osten sunk his own boat, did your tribe realize he did it?
Lil: No, because I don't think that they realized that Osten, Osten wasn't the only one to sink that boat. I think we all had something to do with it. I think he was so intent on trying to do damage to the other tribe that I don't think he realized the weight he was putting on at the end of the boat. You have to think also, if Tijuana and I were smart, we could have gotten to the other end to prevent it from being tipped, but we were intent on doing our job of paddling and bailing that we didn't think about trying to shift the weight so he could do the damage to the other team.

Q: Why did you go on Survivor if you are so honest and upfront, Lil? Isn't that what Survivor is all about - deceit?
Lil: I had two young girls talk me into doing this: Jennifer and A.J. They said I'd be ideal with my scouting and people skills. They said I was durable as I'd done a number of adventures where I'd gone days and days and days without a shower, without a bath, and without a whole lot of water other than for my mouth. As far as the dishonesty, I had a hard time and I think that the nine days I was there I was pretty upfront. My mentor, who I wanted to be more like, was Roger from the second season. He's from my neck of the woods and you know, he wasn't a deceitful person. I don't think I lied, I just did not give them everything that was in my mind.

Q: Do you think it would have turned out differently if you had been more assertive right from the start?
Lil: If I had been more assertive from the get go, I'd have been the first one out. They were gunning for me. You listen to people, Jon on the Drake tribe, I heard him say I'd get rid of the old people first. That's what everybody is thinking. I heard Andrew say on the first few times he was interviewed, he said "Lilly" - *please* don't call me Lilly - "her head would be on the chopping block." This was before Nicole started her stuff. Maybe I should feel happy that I made it to number three, because one thing I'll point out is Ryan S., he was ten times stronger than I was, and he did a lot of the work also. They just had it out for him, and he was just unlucky at that point.

Q: When Christa came over to loot your camp, did you feel better about her than about Sandra?
Lil: Well, I gotta tell ya, Christa came over and they didn't show this, but she gave me a hug when I met her, and she told me that I had some fans over there on the Drake tribe that were happy I was still there. I believe she mentioned, and I can only speculate on this, that there were a couple of times that I just smiled or gave a quiet hello, I didn't have a show off attitude, and I think they liked that.

Q: How has your life changed from being on Survivor?
Lil: The attention. I'm recognized by strangers, the increase in people coming into the troop, I have more time on my hands. I lost my job with Lenscrafters because of Survivor, so now I need to help support my family by looking for a job. It's changed my life quite a bit, but I welcome that change. I found out I have a lot more friends than I normally did. *laughs* But I keep the old friends very near and dear to me.

Q: Did you have fun and would you do it again?
Lil: I'm not sure if you'd say it was fun. It was an experience and an opportunity. Would I do it again? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Yes, I'd do it again. I'm so pleased I took the opportunity. I learned a lot from it, and I would be ready for the next one! Bring it on!

Lil: If you have a dream, go for it. Don't let age or physical ability hold you back. My quote maybe would say "If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you be?"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lil's CBS WebChat memacmur 10-03-03 1
 RE: Lil's CBS WebChat tribephyl 10-03-03 2
 RE: Lil's CBS WebChat cowboyroo 10-03-03 3
   RE: Lil's CBS WebChat Brownroach 10-03-03 5
       RE: Lil's CBS WebChat cowboyroo 10-03-03 6
 RE: Lil's CBS WebChat Blow by Blow 10-03-03 4
 RE: Lil's CBS WebChat O2dawg 10-03-03 7
   RE: Lil's CBS WebChat AZ_Leo 10-03-03 8
       RE: Lil's CBS WebChat SilverWolfe 10-04-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
Hey look, another Lill is coming back spoiler found in the transcript.

"Ryan gave me friendship and listened to me when I had concerns. One of the things he said to me was "Don't give up until your torch has been snuffed out. Don't give up, Lil." And he was right."

Believe at your own risk!
MEmacmur

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
thanks for the transcript and link frisky.

A couple of interesting comments...

Q: The look on your face always seemed to indicate you were angry. Was that true?
Lil: I was more sad than angry. When Ryan got voted off, I felt it was a great injustice. It broke my heart because I felt that Ryan S. was my only friend on the island at that time. The rest of them were very into themselves or getting their alliances going, they weren't interested in me. Ryan gave me friendship and listened to me when I had concerns. One of the things he said to me was "Don't give up until your torch has been snuffed out. Don't give up, Lil." And he was right.

This statement is kind of "open-ended". Is she dropping more clues?
The whole "torch going out" symbolism is getting really thick this season. So much so ... IMO ... that if nothing comes of this, then MB needs to find a new "crack" staff, to edit his show.

Q: When Christa came over to loot your camp, did you feel better about her than about Sandra?
Lil: Well, I gotta tell ya, Christa came over and they didn't show this, but she gave me a hug when I met her, and she told me that I had some fans over there on the Drake tribe that were happy I was still there. I believe she mentioned, and I can only speculate on this, that there were a couple of times that I just smiled or gave a quiet hello, I didn't have a show off attitude, and I think they liked that.

This is another total set-up for her return. She's got a cheer squad on Drake. No doubt that if (when) she returns she will have a couple of allies waiting for her.

tribephyl

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
Another blunder in her chat is she says they lost SIX challenges in a row. There was only an IC in Episode 1, so I think she made a faux pas in letting us know that they lost six in a row (being the next reward challenge), which would also mean that Morgan wins the next IC (or it would be 7 losses in a row).

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
Could be, since signs do point to Morgan losing the next RC.

But she may have temporarily forgotten there was only one challenge in EP 1. On the Early Show she said they'd been there 9 days without a fish when she decided to go fishing, but it was really only 8 days. I think maybe she is just not too exact about details.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-03, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
That could be the case too, but I would find it very likely that in LL, they would discuss that Morgan lost 6 challenges in a row after the fact, so the number 6 would have stayed in her head over the 5 that she was on the show.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-03-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
>Q: Andrew said he'd be up front and let you know
>if it looked like you'd be the one to go. Did he?
>Lil: I think he didn't. You have to understand that Andrew
>was our leader. He had a lot on his shoulders.
>Look at our tribe. The strongest member probably seemed to
>be gone. Dealing with that, dealing with trying to talk
>Osten into staying. He was also dealing with Ryan O.
>who was going to him and saying I believe, if
>you vote off Darrah, our alliance is void. He was
>dealing also with a dtribe who had lost six challenges.
>That's a lot to bring any leader down and then
>he hears from Jeff that they usually execute leaders with
>this kind of track record.

I found this quote interesting. I swear in episode 3 Andrew specifically said he had an alliance with Osten and Tijuana. Lill's quote implies Ryan O is part of an alliance (a separate alliance?) with Andrew and Darrah. If Lill knew about it, what does this mean? Correct me if my recall is lousy or my assumptions are off the mark.

Also, I can't believe this site still has my account active. I haven't watched Survivor since Season 2 but got sucked into this one. Damn!

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-03-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
Well welcome back Blow by Blow, glad to hear that some people are returning to watch Survivor!

As for the chat. I actually thought this chat seemed UNguarded.
I am surprised that she did not have any good things to say about Ryan O. Does this mean she misses meeting him at Losers Lodge?

Also, in the spoiler about the 'RESURRECTED' survivor, they had said that they were limiting the food for the expelled survivors, so that they would be on equal grounds as those who are still in the game. She stated that she had a snickers bar, that doesnt sound like they are limiting food to the losers, if in fact one of them returns.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
She says she has a piece of a Snickers, not even a whole bar. That won't make much of a dent. I also remember hearing from the Reality TV series on Bravo that they always have some special treat for them (like cookies or candy) as soon as they are voted off more for psychological then nutritional reasons.

SilverWolfe 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-04-03, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverWolfe Click to send private message to SilverWolfe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lil's CBS WebChat"
Thanks for posting this chat...I wasn't able to stay up for it as I work midnights. It is going to be very interesting in the next few weeks that is for sure. You guys all have great opinions and speculations of the show concerning the things that may happen.
I personally hope they do bring Lill back so we can enjoy her in the show. It would be fantastic to see her win a challenge to be eligible to come back.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •