The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-03-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does a voted out player return to the game?"
There has been many rumors that a voted out player returns to the game. Most people seem to believe it as fact and most of the rumors have Lil as the returning player. However, something doesn't make sense about that theory.

The CBS web site says the following "For 39 days, beginning in September 2003, 16 strangers will be stranded on a remote island off the coast of Panama."

If we assume that they continue to vote someone off every 3 days, the show should last 42 days (and not 39 days) if someone rejoins the game unless one of the following happens:

1) There is a week that 2 people are voted off
2) The final episode of the show involves 5 people
3) people will be voted out in less than 3 day intervals before the final 4
4) The returning player replaces an existing player (i.e., an injury or rule violation) duirng an episode and later in that same episode someone is voted off.
5) The CBS web site is wrong

I have trouble believing either choice 1, 2 or 3 can be true. Choice 4 seems the most likely to be true, but if there was an injury or rule violator, I would expect the show to kick that person off (like Mike from Australia) during the episode that the injury or infraction took place, not replace the injured party. I believe I have heard television advertising about the show being 39 days long, so I also don;t believe choice 5 can be correct

That leads me to believe that either the spoilers are wrong and no one is returning or I am missing a way for MB to make the show last 39 days and not do any of the above choices.

Can anyone else explain to me how the show can be 39 days long and have a survivor return

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... Gennenut 10-03-03 1
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... Acawap 10-03-03 2
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... VerucaSalt 10-03-03 3
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... Brownroach 10-03-03 5
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... Jims02 10-03-03 4
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... esquire 10-03-03 6
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... Brownroach 10-03-03 8
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... LookeeLoo 10-03-03 13
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... SurvivorBlows 10-03-03 7
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... Jims02 10-03-03 11
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... memacmur 10-03-03 9
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... VerucaSalt 10-03-03 10
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... Brownroach 10-03-03 12
           RE: Does a voted out player return ... Acawap 10-03-03 14
 $25,000 to quit. Any takers? mavsfan 10-03-03 15
   i like this!!! cqvenus 10-03-03 16
       RE: i like this!!! AZ_Leo 10-03-03 17
 theory, maybe... I_AM_HE 10-03-03 18
   RE: theory, maybe... pdragonfly 10-03-03 19
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... O2dawg 10-04-03 20
   Okay, I think Lil's playing us anotherkim 10-04-03 21
       RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us queencityfan 10-04-03 22
           RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us VerucaSalt 10-04-03 23
               RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us 7sins_pride 10-04-03 24
                   3 players return mavsfan 10-04-03 27
               RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us Brownroach 10-06-03 35
           RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us SilverWolfe 10-04-03 26
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... O2dawg 10-04-03 25
 Musical clue? strid333 10-04-03 28
 Dead men DO tell tales... big idiot 10-05-03 29
   RE: Dead men DO tell tales... LeftPinky 10-05-03 30
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... silentJ 10-05-03 31
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... lroy 10-06-03 37
 My theory KeithFan 10-05-03 32
   RE: My theory frisky 10-06-03 34
 To Answer The Question Devious Weasel 10-06-03 33
   RE: To Answer The Question dabo 10-06-03 36
 There is precedence for a 42 day ga... dcbrott99 10-06-03 38
   RE: There is precedence for a 42 da... dabo 10-06-03 39
   Right and wrong Bebo 10-06-03 42
 From WEZZIE at sucks jkokoj 10-06-03 40
   RE: From WEZZIE at sucks Brownroach 10-06-03 41
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... aethelstan 10-09-03 43
 Two Lil's on Snewsers Scorecard Pag... Sexishelly 10-09-03 44
   RE: Two Lil's on Snewsers Scorecard... dabo 10-10-03 46
   Probst TC comments simom1 10-10-03 47
       RE: Probst TC comments KDMaxx 10-13-03 50
 More than 1 Returns? IslandFever 10-10-03 45
   RE: More than 1 Returns? pdragonfly 10-10-03 48
 Burton returns??!! frisky 10-11-03 49
   RE: Burton returns??!! Brownroach 10-14-03 51
       RE: Burton returns??!! VerucaSalt 10-14-03 52
           New Tie Rules - perhaps??? al91206 10-15-03 53
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... Bebo 10-15-03 54
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... aethelstan 10-15-03 55
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... Acawap 10-15-03 56
           RE: Does a voted out player return ... toddE 10-15-03 57
               RE: Does a voted out player return ... SilverWolfe 10-15-03 58
               thin Lil Amily 10-15-03 59
                   RE: thin Lil SilverWolfe 10-15-03 60
                       also keep in mind cqvenus 10-15-03 61
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... volsfan 10-15-03 67
 What if.... DoodleBug 10-15-03 62
   RE: What if.... Loree 10-15-03 63
       RE: What if.... DoodleBug 10-15-03 64
           RE: What if.... Acawap 10-15-03 65
 RE: Does a voted out player return ... TODDLJ 10-15-03 66
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... Acawap 10-15-03 68
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... TODDLJ 10-15-03 69
       RE: Does a voted out player return ... mistofleas 10-16-03 72
           RE: Does a voted out player return ... Acawap 10-16-03 74
   RE: Does a voted out player return ... KLicK 10-15-03 70
 Jeff & Clinton speak mavsfan 10-16-03 71
   RE: Jeff & Clinton speak Spanky68 10-16-03 73
       doublespeak dabo 10-22-03 83
 Here's a way it can work aethelstan 10-20-03 75
 Update from Griffe Brownroach 10-20-03 76
   overall viewpoint mindella29 10-20-03 77
   Do we already have the name of the ... hrc2u 10-21-03 78
       RE: Do we already have the name of ... Acawap 10-21-03 79
           RE: Do we already have the name of ... aethelstan 10-21-03 80
               RE: Do we already have the name of ... okaloosajohn 10-22-03 81
           RE: Do we already have the name of ... Brownroach 10-22-03 82
               RE: Do we already have the name of ... dabo 10-22-03 84
               RE: Do we already have the name of ... jkokoj 10-22-03 85
                   RE: Do we already have the name of ... VerucaSalt 10-22-03 86
                       I guess I will be eating Pelican! jkokoj 10-22-03 90
                   RE: Do we already have the name of ... Brownroach 10-22-03 87
                       RE: Do we already have the name of ... aethelstan 10-22-03 88
                           RE: Do we already have the name of ... VerucaSalt 10-22-03 89
                               RE: Do we already have the name of ... Brownroach 10-22-03 91
                                   RE: Do we already have the name of ... Acawap 10-22-03 93
                       RE: Do we already have the name of ... aethelstan 10-22-03 92
                           RE: Do we already have the name of ... Nash 10-22-03 94
               RE: Do we already have the name of ... zzz 10-22-03 95
                   RE: Do we already have the name of ... Acawap 10-22-03 96
                       RE: Do we already have the name of ... pdragonfly 10-22-03 97
                   RE: Do we already have the name of ... zzz 10-23-03 98

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Gennenut 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-03-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gennenut Click to send private message to Gennenut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Wasnt there a rumor last season that someone quit? We were all sure as to who it was (curly hair, cant remember her name) and she never quit infact she campaigned quite hard in the end to stay. No one quit last season, but the rumors were very strong that some one did.

Just to throw another 2 cents into the growing pot here ...

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I had wondered about the same thing, but the possibility of a 'twist' being 2 people voted off (perhaps a tie?), with one replaced by a previously discharged person is one viable solution.

The only other option I can think of is a stretch -- that a tribe or tribemate wins (or I guess loses) a challenge which enables/requires them to pick an ousted player to resurrect.

I'm envisioning something like all the voted-off players appear in a prison cell or something, and their tribemates get to 'rescue' them, making their team stronger. Perhaps the losing team/person gets thrown IN jail in their place. This sort of fits with the pirate thing.

I seem to remember a spoiler speculating that the voted-off players got to compete to get back on, so maybe they get to assist in a challenge of this sort??

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-03-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Just for reference, the discussion is that more than one person returns

There was a report of a challenge involving the prior bootees. The challenge produced an older female winner and a male winner which evidently got them both back in the game. No other description of the winners was available.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
VS, where is this from? The Accidental Tourist only mentioned the older woman.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

Right now, I have no idea how the castaway will come back.

However, we do have SOME idea about when it happens. Remember the Older Lady spoiler.

(from Snewser)

Our team has pieced together reports and concluded that the prejury boots compete with one another to win the privilege of returning from the dead and reentering the game.

Once this contest is decided, the double losers finally get a vacation - and presumably better rations - at the Gamboa resort. Sources tell us this superwoman goes on to win another challenge right after the first one.

WHEN?

This means it probably happens around the merge, as the individual ICs start. Unless, however, he means Tribe Challenges, which would be a very loose wording that she wins it for her tribe.

WHO?

My money is on Lillian. Trish hasn't very much face time at all so far, and seems to be blending with the tribe. There are also a lot of bigger fish to fry too.

Also, from the Scorecard...

Posted by queencityfan at SBlows that Lillian's co-workers reported Lillian coming back with noticeable weight loss... 30 to 35 lbs.

Posted by MosquitoJoe at Sucks that Lillian came back 25 lbs lighter and covered with bugbites.

Posted by buckeenie17 at Sucks that Lillian returned with a 30 lbs weight loss.

We have three weight loss spoilers on her? Think about it. If she didn't win the contest and get back in the game, how/why did she keep all that weight off?

well there seems to be some confusion out there whether Trish or Lillian is the older woman in question who came back from the dead to take 2nd.

That's Lillian. Especially when her torch's fire wouldn't go out, either.

HOW?

This, all I can offer is a lot of speculation.

I still think the Tiebreaker theory, until something more plausible comes up. No, MB wouldn't know ahead of time if a tie vote would happen, but he could still always plan for one. When the tribes are deadlocked, BOTH people go, and Lil comes back.

Or, think about this...

At the merge, the tribes always select one person from each to be ambassador. What if this year, they pick their "leaders"? And instead of the leaders coming back, it's Lil? Although, unfair, I can always dream of that.

Far-fetched? Yeah. I admit it.

A 2003 IceCat original

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
The above is all interesting, but ignores the main point of my argument. How do they keep the show 39 days and bring someone back? It doesn't seem to work mathematically, unless something really strange happens

10-03-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Well, no one knows how they do it. I expect someone gets knocked out of the game simultaneously with the bootee's return.

My early idea was that the bootees could be paired in a challenge with the in-game contestants. The bootee in the pair that wins would re-enter the game, while the in-game contestant from the losing pair would take the bootee's place at LL.

VerucaSalt posted above that the re-entry challenge may produce two winners (still wondering where this came from, VS...), so this still seems like a possibility to me.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

Has the length of days for other seasons been in question? I can't remember...

Sorry I'm not very savvy with my puter, but there are 2 items that persons have mentioned and I cant attribute names to, that could possibly affect the length of time:

1) Is it just a rumor or has it been confirmed that there would be a penalty if tribes (or individuals) threw a challenge? If it was a tribe and its hard to attribute the "throw" to an individual, how would they be penalized? If one person is selected to leave for the penalty, and they faced IC, then an original 42 day would shrink to 39.

2) I totally agree with (insert name) that LL is not the normal final frontier that it has been in the past. MB has something in mind for them that was planned all along, not waiting for chance.

But if there are new rules for a penalty if a challenge was thrown, wouldn't it be really harsh if that meant that ALL of Drake swaps with ALL of LL because ALL of Drake was responsible for throwing the challenge? 8 go to LL and 3 return to form a new team. That would shorten the days... Perhaps there is more than one way to break out of LL?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

My problem with the tiebreaker idea is I don't see the logic of Burnett suddenly deciding to build an entire loser lodge setup on another island, go through all the trouble of keeping the castaways their and on rations, all for the unlikely possibility that their MIGHT be a tie at some point in the game.

And if that was the logic, then why didn't the remaining losers remain at the loser lodge on the off chance there was ever a second tie?

Frankly, I'd be more likely to believe the loser lodge rations had more to do with just trying to protect the show against weight loss spoilers and keeping resort employees from being able to tell any subsequent guests exactly what order the pre-jury losers arrived at the resort hotel (which is basically what happened in the Amazon... and Burnett might have taken some action to prevent it from happen again -- just have them all show up at once.)

-SB

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Good point, about the tiebreaker. They would have to keep EVERYONE on diets, until the end of the game.

Right now I have a fuzzy picture in my head of how they could pull off the 39 days, still. As Veruca noted, a man possibly comes back as well. Why don't we know anything about his finish? Who is it?

A. 1 or 2 people are booted (challenge, maybe, Brownroach?), 1 or 2 people come back.
B. "Older woman" wins IC.
C. Tribe votes someone out. Probably the guy who came back, if a guy indeed comes back.

Maybe Rupert is voted off, comes back, and is voted off again? LOL

Thank God I'm summarizing Episode 7!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Well, here is my bizarre theory as to how it will all work out, include the big twist and still keep the competition at 39 days.

Either at the merge, or following another 'fake' merge, have an IC where losers for each tribe (i.e. one from Drake, one from Morgan) can get booted. I'd love to see the faces of competitors if they think they're merged and Jeff says, by the way, whoever wins immunity is the ONLY person who can't be voted out, but two of you have to go since you aren't officially merged yet. I said you were living together. You'll all be there. I AM the evil scoutmaster. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyways, getting back to reality - that would be enough of a change to qualify as a twist, but the big twist would be that Lill somehow makes her way back. Either because she randomly had the 'hard-to-put-out' torch (or they've done that will all boots so far and editted the Lill occurence in to mess with the audience), or perhaps there is a competition to see who the replacement is (or maybe just which tribe gets to send a replacement member in).

So my choice is a double ouster with Lill replacing one of the two boots. Wonder how that will mess with all the Survivor Island players...

Incidentally, if no one returns I have to think MB is doing a great job of reading boards like this and torturing the more obssessed of his viewers (i.e wannabe spoilers like me)

MEmacmur

10-03-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
sorry BR, should have said where I saw that, it is in the Sucks thread SNN Spoilers Abound, last page.

10-03-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Thanks, VS -- I see it came it from Griffe, she had posted it several pages earlier. I wonder why she didn't mention the male before.

10-03-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I propose a 2-step IC, post merge. First step is some sort of race/contest, with the winner getting immunity, AND last 4 people to finish said contest having to compete in a second contest. The second contest includes the previously booted contestants. The 2 last place finishers in that contest get sent away, meaning either the tribe stays exactly as it was, or they get 1 or 2 different people. Two previous bootees make it back, with one getting voted back off at TC.

The challenge may be a 'snuff out your opponents' fire' type of thing -- like a pirate battle with the people they sent off the island. It's kind of a reverse mutiny -- the people sent off come back to fight the survivors, and if they win, they get to take over the tribe!

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-03, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "$25,000 to quit. Any takers?"
To add to your suggestions 1-5:

6) JP offers $25,000 to quit right now on the spot and give up your shot at $1,000,000. When player X steps up and accepts the cash, the team gets to "pick a player, any player" from the loser lodge inhabitants.

This allows:

A) the number of players in the game, and length of the game to remain unchanged.

B) players that had the misfortune of a weak alliance back into the game

C) discourages teams from throwing challenges to vote off strong players (Rupert, Jed, Silas)

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "i like this!!!"
oooh... this seems to work for me. i mean, maybe it isn't $25K. but maybe they are offered some prize amount if they just quit now. very interesting indeed.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: i like this!!!"
My problem with this idea is it has been done on many other shows (i.e., The Mole, one of the BB's I think, as well as more recent shows). MB has too much of an ego to recycle something so obviously used elsewhere multiple times.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "theory, maybe..."
what if the first IC challenge post merge (pole standing, or whatever) involves ALL 16 players, and the first player still in the game to quit is automatically eliminated and the last person of those already booted gets to take their place?

this would also fit in with the booted player automatically winning another challenge if said player is not only the last booted player remaining, but also the last player period - coming back and winning immunity in one fell swoop?

what do you think?

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: theory, maybe..."
*sigh*

There have been many, many great scenarios being presented here, as there have been year after year. Unfortunately, the show hasn't strayed that much from the first "winning" formula.

Last years Battle of the Sexes was not very good. If only the producers had asked US ahead of time how to beef up the show it would not have went as flat as it did (thank goodness for Rob).

Your suggestions are great, yet the show so far has been pretty predicatible. Once Rupert gets tossed out the only fun will be if Jon and Sandra have an out and out cat fight.

That being said I don't think anyone is coming back. (Unless of course Osten quits and won't wait to be voted off leaving an empty space - but I don't think it will happen.)

As far as the switch goes, MB had that option in the show before and no one took the bait because it was voluntary. Then MB turned it into 3 people switching on each side (last year).
However, this year the sides are so uneven, I can't imagine it being done.

What gets stolen? Perhaps the treasure map.

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-03, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 00:56 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 00:44 AM (EST)

Ok..KIRARI1211 just posted a link, on SS board, with video to an ET segment with LIL. Here is the link:
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?SID=5220763

If you cant play it, the part of the segment she says
"Well,the tribe has spoken. But you know, you did notice that that torch didnt go out all the way. It has to be a sign."

Why would she say something like that?
1. She returns to the game.
2. She reads these boards and knows there is a spoiler about her returning to the game, and she is playing us!

edited to add:
Also, she looks fantastic! But moreover, she looks like she has shed more pounds than she did for just 9days.
Compare this picture from the last day she appeared.

She appears to me to have lost her chin and especially her jowls, she shows dimples when she smiles now.
There would not have been enough time for any surgical interventions, but maybe the makeup has just made her look like she has lost more weight.
Personally, I am taking this as a very good sign that she is our resurrected player who goes further in the game.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Okay, I think Lil's playing us"

She was practically oozing sarcasm with her "that has to be a sign" comment. I wonder if she's been told to play that up in the interview rounds. Either way, it makes it seem really unlikely to me that there is anything to her leaving if she is being that obvious about it.

OT, she looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than she did on the show. WOW! She's an attractive lady.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--never underestimate the power of makeup.

queencityfan 123 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queencityfan Click to send private message to queencityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us"
I hate to say it, but I can't see CBS letting her talk about the torch issue if she was really coming back.

BTW, two articles in our local papers this morning both say that she is still out of work and how tough it has been for her family.She also offers to speak with local groups about her experience.

She does look good, amazing magic we old ladies can work with a little makeup!

10-04-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us"
Want to make it even more perplexing, interesting, etc?

From same thread in sucks:

Update:

New information has come in about the returning players. It now seems that there were three players that got to come back to the game. If the information is valid, this is really going to screw things up in trying to determine who gets booted next.

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us"
three ??? how th hell can that happen ?

10-04-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "3 players return"
Assuming 3 players return I think we can rule out booted players returning due to injury.

One injury? Ok. Two injuries? I doubt it, but maybe. Three injuries? No way.

I also think we can rule out booted players competing for the right to return to the game.

One player returning would create enough of a logistic problem becuase you either have to boot 2 players every 3 days, or you have to extend the number of days on the Island by 9 days.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that players in the game are offered CA$H to leave the game. If a player accepts the CA$H, the team would then get to pick a replacement player.

This could easily happen 3 times.

10-06-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us"
Griffe also indicates that some wine-colored flags may have been used and Wezzie confirms she saw some purplish props as well. The merge color is supposed to be black, leading to speculation this purple/wine is a fourth tribal color -- for the Ghost Tribe of bootees?

And Wezzie says the Final 3 of Osten, Trish/Lillian and Darrah is far from a sure thing:

That was based on gossip I heard over margaritas one night on Contadora from someone who wasn't employed by the production. I no longer believe it to be true. Which players found themselves in the final three is a mystery to me.

And about the older woman she says:

We showed the cbs.com cast photos to a man. One minute he pointed to Lil and the next he pointed to Trish. He'd heard that there was an older woman at the end of game, but hadn't seen her himself (I think). That's the best I can tell you.... he seemed confused, and so was I.

The posts are here on Sucks:

SilverWolfe 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-04-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverWolfe Click to send private message to SilverWolfe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Okay, I think Lil's playing us"
Lil really did look nice didn't she. I am only 2 years younger than her and she looks a hell of lot better than I do. Even If I do put war paint on...LOL !
Lil will be on Dave Letterman show Monday night so set the vcr.
I really do hope she gets to come back to Survivor. It would be nice to see a fellow Ohioan do better on the show.

SilverWolfe

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
http://survivornews.net/news.php?id=212
Survivornews.net now has an article addressing Lil's interview and the possibility of more than one person returning. How confusing, and wouldnt it be nasty if all those rumors were untrue.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Musical clue?"
Right after the IC, when returned to Moron ahem Morgan, I was noticing the music and thinking it doesn't sound very Survivor. To me, it actually reminded me of The X-Files. I wonder if it meant something (ie resurrecting or conspiracy theory or aliens lol), or if the composers on the show are running out of musical ideas.

Three is the perfect number.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Dead men DO tell tales..."
I agree with SurvivorBlows in this thread, the primary purpose of bringing a survivor back is to keep them (or get them) skinny and reduce show spoilage.

MB has tried before to keep/get early bootees skinny in LL(encouraged bootees to exercise and lose weight, although Mr. Holes is the only past survivor that comes to mind for actually doing it).

So now MB motivates (dictates?) early bootees to limit food intake because there is now a possibility to return to the game. This will be standard for all future seasons if so. It also makes winner more unpredictable, because general odds stay at 1 in 16 for majority of season.

It may be then that resurrected player(s) come only from LL and return on the episode when the merge occurs.

Could a future episode title be: "Dead men DO tell tales..."

just some thoughts, BI

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-05-03, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Dead men DO tell tales..."
I love "Dead Men DO Tell Tales..." as an episode title, I HATE the idea of someone returning to the game. The fact that Lil has been allowed to "joke" about the torch not going out leads me to believe that the Big Twist isnt' the return of one player. The two events that had never happened before could be as simple as playing the game with the clothes on your back AND three men doing an IC naked (don't forget that MB is the master of overstatement).

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
What evidence do we have that a contestant comes back?
1. A pregame rumor that an older woman returns to the game
2. Odd statements in Ep 1 directed to an older woman
3. A blooper clip included during the torch snuffing ceremony
4. Weight loss spoilers for an older woman who left the game early
5. Coy, cryptic post game comments from the same older woman

Am I missing any? Based on this evidence I would say it's likely that someone returns and if so, that someone is Lil.

The problem I still have is that MB has repeatedly said that no one will ever return to the game after leaving. He feels it's contrary to the nature of the game ("The tribe has spoken") and has been done before (Amy Crews).
That would leave the only alternatve to be that this is an elaborate hoax by MB, and that Lil was in on it. I don't know. It's possible, but highly unlikely. However, after last season's Bodog and Chillone, I think he would be desperate to throw the spoilers. A highly touted hoax with evidence would a big monkey wrench for the soiler community.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I wonder if EMB is messing with us. He certainly did with the false TC picture in S1 (?) and has definitely made it his goal to run us in circles. I wonder if he has followed the boards and seen that this is the current rumor and is thus playing it up to mess with us. We all know how EMB likes to have the upper hand...

~lroy

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "My theory"
First we here some get back into the game, then, just an "older female", no wait- 2! or is that 3?!!. How about this scinario... ALL the players get "back into the game"...as final jury non-voting questioners? This would explain why MB might want them to keep their weight down, the dicrepancy of # of players, and stay not too far the tried and true.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: My theory"
I was going to suggest something similar to this as I was running down this thread....maybe no players return to "play the game" per se, but maybe they return post-merge to sit on the jury (with voting power).

But then, I keep coming back to Snewser's scorecard, where it looks like someone does come back to take a top spot in the finals. But then, THAT sounds so jumpy-sharky, and I can't imagine MB resorting to it when he's still drawing gazillions of viewers.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "To Answer The Question"
How can the show remain 39 days and have one (or two) players return? Simple. Have two ICs in an episode instead of an RC and an IC. It would certainly be brutal on the Survivors, and fun to watch...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: To Answer The Question"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-03 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

Personally, I hope all this returning player stuff turns out to be bogus, perhaps an intentional red herring that makes whatever twists are in this game seem palatable by comparison. And I agree with Webby, the rations at loozerlodge are more simply explained as a means to throw off weight loss spoilers. Occam's Razor.

That said, however: In August there were reports (rumors, I don't think anything was ever confirmed) that the shoot ran longer than the 39 days. One possible explanation for this would be if an endurance challenge late in the game ran longer than expected (happened in Survivor U.K.). If, however, the returning player stuff isn't bogus, another explanation would be that they actually intended from the start to shoot for 42 days, with an extra episode thrown in somewhere for an additional boot prior to the finale.

Hope not, Thanksgiving is the perfect time for a throwaway recap episode, and alternately having the finale on Christmas night is just unfeasable, and a Sunday finale the week of Christmas would be a pain in the rear as well.

Just random thoughts, putting some possibilities out there (much as I don't like them).

dcbrott99 9 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dcbrott99 Click to send private message to dcbrott99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "There is precedence for a 42 day game"
I do not know if you recall, but Survivor:Australia was the only survivor so far to last 42 days. The difference in that game was that they waited six days to vote the first person off rather than the usual three. Not necessarily an indication that it will last more than 39 days, but it has happened before.

10-06-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: There is precedence for a 42 day game"
No, the first vote-off in the Outback was at the usual 3 days. The difference was they had 14 episodes with only a final three in the finale.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Right and wrong"
Right - Outback did indeed last 42 days.

Wrong - They did not wait 6 days to vote off the first person, the time was added on at the end. Colby and Tina were alone for days 41 and 42. That final show was so mind-numbingly dull that MB went back to the original 39 day schedule.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "From WEZZIE at sucks"
Wezzie
MESS member
(10/6/03 3:38 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Darrah/Trish
----------------------------------------------------------------- I hope this satisfies everyone:

One afternoon a local man (who had not worked with Survivor) pointed to the photo of Trish to indicate that she was 'the older woman did well in the game'. A day or two later, we met with that person's buddy/his source of gossip. They spoke together in Spanish. I didn't fully understand what they were saying, but his buddy started pointing to cast members. He pointed to Trish, then Lil, then Trish, then Lil. He also pointed to other members of the cast ..... it was the first time he had seen their photos. I do not know if he had seen them in person, but I kind of doubt it because the cast was kept away from the local workers.

The 'woman with a man's name' came from the first guy - the guy who hadn't worked on the show but was privy to local gossip. Our conversations were in Spanish.

Edited by: Wezzie at: 10/6/03 3:39 pm

10-06-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
41. "RE: From WEZZIE at sucks"
He pointed to Trish, then Lil, then Trish, then Lil.

Okay, this is just making me giggle now.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
How about this possibility?

Instead of having family members help with a RC they have one fallen member return and assist their tribe for that challenge but then go back to LL.

This way, the players return to the game in a MB overstated kind of way, but don't actually return to the game to stay so that JP's comment of 'the tribe has spoken' is still true.

That in itself would be enough to satisfy the 2 persons return to the game spoiler without spoiling the 'integrity' (I use the term loosely) of the show.

However, an added twist could be that someone is offered a chance to quit and that the resurrected player take his/her place.

Other possibility? (may have been mentioned sort of before)

After 4 or 5 people are voted off, those 4 or 5 become a new tribe. There are then 3 tribes vying for IC. The two tribes who lose must EACH vote off one member of their tribe. From then on, every episode until a final merge has two people being voted off.
This way, the length of the game stays the same. First 12 days, 4 are gone. They come back. Next 12 days, 2 gone per tribal council so 8 are gone. Net result: at the end of 24 days, 8 are gone and the tribes are merged which is exactly what happens at the end of 24 days in every other season of Surivor.

So, am I crazy? What do you think?

Sexishelly 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexishelly Click to send private message to Sexishelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Two Lil's on Snewsers Scorecard Page"
I have to admit that I have had a hard time swallowing the contestant returns pill. Once your torch has been snuffed that's that.

But, despite the article on Snewser's home page, where there is an article that seems to try to put to rest the rumors of a contestant returning after being voted off during tribal counsel; there is then on the scorecard page where he has Lil as being voted out AND as being most likely to starve. Both Nicole and Skinny Ryan's pic were removed from the other categories once they were voted out.

Could be an oversight. Could be Snewser adding food to the contestant returns fire. Could be Lil returns and starves to the final 2.

10-10-03, 02:02 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Two Lil's on Snewsers Scorecard Page"
It's not an oversight. It means only that Snewser is keeping the rumor alive, he doesn't actively engage in discrediting spoilers that are out there, until the last moment that is. He may know it is true, he may know it is false, or he may still be trying to find out (though it would seem from what he wrote in his scorecard that he believes he knows). Snewser never reveals what he actually knows until he's ready to do so, which is smart because if he revealed everything ASAP his site probably wouldn't get a tenth of the traffic it enjoys.

simom1 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simom1 Click to send private message to simom1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Probst TC comments"
Is it just me or did Probst slightly soften his fire represents life speech last night?

It was the first time we've heard in a while, since drake was making their first apperance at tribal council. He said something like "when your fire is gone, so are you."

I need to go back and watch a previous season again, but I'm pretty sure that in the past, he's used for exact wording -- you're out of the game, your life in the game is over -- something like that. Simply saying that you are "gone" is not, really, saying all that much.

that is my effort to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

KDMaxx 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-13-03, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KDMaxx Click to send private message to KDMaxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Probst TC comments"
I thought the same thing simom. It seems to me it leaves an opening for someone's fire to come back on. So when your fire is gone, you're gone, but if your fire comes back so do you. (I remember the same softer comment starting with E1 this season.)

I don't keep tapes of previous seasons so I can't go back and compare the exact wording. When you look back at a previous season, let us know the exact difference in the wording. I think it could be significant.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-03, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "More than 1 Returns?"
I heard rumors that up to 3 people return, with possible candidates being Lillian, Burton, and Christa.

10-10-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: More than 1 Returns?"
What I have a hard time with about this whole rumor is that for those people who were voted off they are EATING, SLEEPING, BATHING, which is a very unfair advantage to the members on the island not voted off. I would be screaming FOUL if that happened since its such an unfair advantage.

And would they make them put on their old, unclean clothes to go back in. Man, they would be the first person voted off out of sheer envy and resentment from the rest of the tribe. Remember how others get when someone wins a reward challenge and goes off for the night alone with with another person? they hate it. big target on the back.

I'm sticking with this being how to make a typical, non-exciting season seem different. Remeber the big drowning episode? I rest my case.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-03, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Burton returns??!!"
I just caught this while re-reading Burton's CBS chat:

Burton: I thought I could trust Rupert, first off, but the other reason I confided in him is because he and I were the two biggest threats and I thought working together and having an alliance would help both of us go farther, but as it turns out, I didn't know he was so insecure and took the jokes earlier on to heart, and went and told everyone what I'd talked about with him. For the record, that conversation (the one where we talked about being strong players) was over an hour long and it was a two way conversation, not just me suggesting things to him.

"Earlier on."

This sounds like Burton and Rupert have a "later on" where there were no jokes (perhaps because Shawn isn't present). Would this be at Loser Lodge, or back in the game?

10-14-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Burton returns??!!"
I read "earlier on" as meaning "earlier than our conversation about throwing the challenge." Because Rupert was upset with Burton for having teased him, Rupert decided to rat out Burton after their conversation (at least this is how Burton sees it).

10-14-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Burton returns??!!"
Burton really has bad feelings about Rupert. I guess he found Rupert's agreeance with throwing the challenge more reprehensible than Shawn voting him. I find it interesting that Rupert's indepth discussion wasn't highlighted the way Burton's was. Must not mar the larger than life character MB is showing us I guess

al91206 19 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail al91206 Click to send private message to al91206 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "New Tie Rules - perhaps???"
I think maybe there are NEW TIE RULES?

What if it goes 1 vote, a plea from both people, a 2nd vote.

If it's still tied - they both go - no debates. It could be rationalized like, well half wanted nominee A voted off and half wanted nominee B voted off, so now both your wishes are granted.

I like that idea! If you're a split team - nobody wins!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Can anyone else explain to me how the show can be 39 days long and have a survivor return

People have already mentioned the idea of a challenge where the losers can be replaced. Here's a scenario:

Jiffy loves to tell us that fire is life. What if this year's fire building challenge includes all 16 survivors? It could be the ultimate merge twist. All 16 participate in the challenge, with the 10 who get their fires built and lit first getting to continue in the game, and the other 6 heading off to Loser Lodge. In this case, it would make perfect sense that Lil was able to play her way back into the game, and that more than one person could come back.

It could also help reconcile some of the spoilers that are out there. There's spoiler evidence that Shawn and Jon are the last 2 to fly out. Without players returning to the game, then that would have to mean they were two of the next three boots. We also have spoiler evidence that Ryan is a victim of the twist. OK, that would add up to three - the number of boots left before we get to the jury. But...we still have people for whom the spoiler evidence suggests a prejury boot.

4 of those 5 are from the tribe that has won every IC that they have tried to win, and the 5th is the strongest member from the other tribe. Even if there were enough time to boot all of these people prejury, it would suggest an IC run by Morgan, most likely without their strongest player. That just doesn't make sense.

But it would make sense to have Lil, Burton, and possibly Christa (should she be gone this week as some suggest) win their way back into the game, paving the way for Rupert, Jon, Ryan, and Shawn to head to LL. It would not be unreasonable for 3 of those 4 to lose a challenge like a fire build, where strength isn't an asset.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-15-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I have a problem with the whole dead player coming back into the game. The reason is that if pre-jury boots can come back then they essentially have 2 lives where everyone else only has 1 life. In my opinion, that would be supremely unfair to those who did play the early game better than those who got voted out.

10-15-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
while all the evidence seems to show Lil coming back, I'm not buying it. I think this is like the first Survivor, where everybody thought Gervase was going to win. Was all a big misdirection.

My belief is that there will be some kind of competition or event involving the bootees (or maybe just the most recent ones), but that competition doesn't necessarily mean they re-enter the game as participants. They're just there to throw a wrench in the system, but can't win. I just think this would undermine the 'integrity' of the game, and doesn't fit with the 'survivor' motif.

Submitted for your approval -- the season has a pirate theme. When pirates made people 'walk the plank' (analagous to the voting off the island thing), suppose they swam to another ship and joined a different pirate ship (moved to a different island). Now this pirate ship can come in and raid and pillage the original, but they wouldn't be able to re-join the group.

In Survivor terms -- the bootees get sent to live in a separate tribe. This third tribe pulls the ultimate piracy of coming to their original islands and attacking (competing), or even stealing treasure or player(s).

Then MAYBE, just MAYBE, if they're successful, they get to put their leader into the merged tribe. Still don't buy that part, and I'll be disappointed if they bring somebody back that's already been booted.

Personally, the rumors seem un-survivor like, and I think it's a snowball effect -- they came back with weight loss, so they must've done well, a worker said an older woman came back and did well (maybe two separate women, one came back, the other came in second), people buy into the rumors and MB plays it up.

Now I'm waiting for somebody much more well-informed (probably everybody reading this) to blow this theory up.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-15-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Unless something unforeseen happens to necessitate removing several players at once, allowing bootees to return for any reason is a horrible idea and really ruins the game. Bad enough that they plant people amongst the real applicants. I am also hoping this is a "Gervase X" scenario, though Lil is so thin it sure looks like she returns--but I hope not!!!1

10-15-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverWolfe Click to send private message to SilverWolfe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I personally hope they do allow a returning bootee...Lill would be a great one I think. This Survivor series needs a twist and I think a returnee would be just what the doctored ordered. I for one would welcome it. JMHO

SilverWolfe

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "thin Lil"
I thought that Lil looked, dare I say, chubby on the Early Show the day after her booting episode. Obviously time has passed since Survivor filming wrapped, but what was the time frame that she was shown being thin (ie. those pictures that are floating around showing her sitting down from behind)? Just trying to put it together for my own benefit. Thanks.

10-15-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
60. "RE: thin Lil"
I think if you would have seen her on the Dave Letterman show you would have seen how thin she was. You could tell she lost at least 25 lbs. She looked thin to me on the The Early Show also. I guess all the speculation we make about a returnee is just that. We all are going to have to wait and watch and just see what happens. LOL

SilverWolfe

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "also keep in mind"
that for some reason I haven't been able to fully understand, the bootees were kept at LL with a restricted diet. maybe lil lost her weight while she was in LL. I know this is typical Survivor, but for some reason it sounds like the LL situ might have been a bit diff this season.

(maybe MB did this to F up the spoiling community?) who knows.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Bebo,

I must say that I have not been trying to think much into the person coming back into the game because I was not convinced that Lill could win a challenge against the people she would be going against. Especially after the Burton boot. There would be no way Lill could beat Burton at any type of physical challenge. However, after reading your idea of the build a fire challenge...I can buy into it! Who else could build a fire more quickly than Lill?

I like this idea Bebo...thanks for your insights!

GO VOLS!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "What if...."
I don't think anyone has mentioned this. What if the booted players compete in a reward challenge with the remaining survivors. Similar to the "loved one challenge". They get to share in the reward with the winner and then that's it. So the locals could have been confused that a booted player comes back and "wins", except it was just a reward challenge - and they weren't technically back in the game. Just a thought.

As for the restricted diet... I think MB did that to fool us! We like to use weight loss as a spoiler (Heidi, Rob C., etc) to determine who lasts long in the game. If they ALL come back skinny, tan, and full of bug bites, then we don't have much to go on.

Using DoodleBug logic here.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: What if...."
I just do not like the idea of a booted survivor coming back in the the game. Maybe they let all the booted survivors compete to be the final person on the jury. That way that person gets to come back to each TC. But I can't believe MB would let a booted player back into the game. He was always so fussy about if they missed a challenge because of injury they could not return because it wasn't fair. So why would this be fair? I think the lack of food at LL is just to mix up the spoiling community.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: What if...."
I don't like the idea either. I'm just trying to come up with an idea to explain how a booted player may have been perceived to be back in the game. If the booted players team up with the other survivors just for a reward... that could be one explanation.

10-15-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
65. "RE: What if...."
It could be as simple as somebody sees a person sitting on the final show, and assumes they are one of the final 2... it's possible what they saw (or think they saw), wasn't the final 2, or 4, or whatever -- maybe they just saw Tijuana, Osten, Lil and Darrah sitting at a tribal council early in the game, and didn't understand the game well enough to realize it wasn't the finals?

Idea 2 would be the booted players get to return in some capacity -- like the jury or family-like competition, but not in the actual game. Suppose a jury member gets injured or something and they have to replace them for voting purposes. The last three bootees then compete for the final jury spot, getting that bootees share of the $$ or some other benefit.

So they won a competition and show up on the final show, but aren't really in the game??

Kind of a stretch, but my old coach always told me stretching was important.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-15-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Has anyone seen this new article on Survivor Phoenix? Very interesting:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=786

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
October 15, 2003

Rumors of returning players have circulated around Survivor spoiling sites and boards since mid-August. When we first reported on this story, we stated that the booted players form a third tribe, but we were unsure of the exact dynamics of such a twist. Survivor Phoenix has now learned that the third tribe will return to compete against the existing 2 tribes. In addition, while the following information is not 100% confirmed, we have reason to believe that the two losing tribes vote out a player each. This will continue until the merge.

Read more...

The third tribe is likely to be competing under a purple flag. It was Sucks poster survivorcyco who first noticed that among the S7 items for sale at the CBS store were purple carabineers. Sucks poster Griffe later confirmed that "wine coloured" flags were seen on location in the Pearl Islands.

As for who returns to the game, it is not quite clear yet. Griffe posted at Sucks that 3 of the booted players return to the game, the description of two of those players best fitting Lillian and Burton. We have also been cautioned that information keeps flowing in and could change. Enough to give all Survivor spoilers a few headaches about the upcoming boots.

10-15-03, 07:37 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I sure hope this is wrong, because that would essentially mean the three pre-merge votes were pointless. You get voted out, but then get to come back -- meaning you'd have to get voted out TWICE to lose. Wouldn't this give voted out players an ADVANTAGE over those that hadn't been?? Actually, in a number of ways:

1) even if rations were sparse, living arrangements HAD to be better than the regular survivors, with no cameras following you around, and no challenges.
2) no chance to piss the others off -- this is HUGE... being away means no risk of saying/doing something minor that causes your boot.
3) no stress. no worries about getting voted out that week, or losing a challenge, or losing fish hooks/spears. no sleeping between a sweaty Rupert and swarthy Jon.

This would truly be the worst twist ever if voted out players actually get to re-join the game in any way other than as spoilers. If they come back to somehow influence the game but can't actually WIN, then I could accept it, but if somebody is voted out and either wins or has a chance to win, that would suck. JMO

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
I agree completely. It would essentially give the first few booted players a 'do-over.' This is an advantage that those booted after the merge would not have.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
1) even if rations were sparse, living arrangements HAD to be better than the regular survivors, with no cameras following you around, and no challenges.

Ah, but darling acawap, IF there is in fact a returning player or third "ghost" tribe coming into play, you bet your bippie that there were cameras following them around most of the time. We just wouldn't have seen any of the footage yet because we don't "know" that it's going to happen. MB is going to want to take fully and complete advantage of this new twist to the game and give the audience as much footage as he can to show that the LL people were kept in Surivivor mode condition for that possibility of coming back.

On another note:
JP said that there was going to be a twist that the audience was either going to love or hate. Bringing back a player is something that people probably wouldn't have a love/hate opinion about. Having a 3rd tribe of booted players...now there is fodder for love/hate.

All I know is that I've been away from the spoiler board too much this week. My head hurts from trying to put everything together quickly and I have no idea how to vote.

--is gonna take a pain killer and vote in a fuzzy brained state to see if that helps

10-16-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
74. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
Oh, how I've missed Misto... sniffle... you're right about all that -- but since they didn't get a chance to shop for supplies and all, they had to have gotten some stuff. No way they sent Lil to an island by herself with nothing and told her to build a shelter AND find food AND find water, etc in the middle of the night. they may have had limited supplies (no alcohol/soft drinks is what I heard), but they had to have had SOMETHING... which is more than Morgan has had.

Countdown to big lie: 12 hrs (9 eastern!)

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Does a voted out player return to the game?"
If Ryan, Rupert, Jon, and Christa go pre-jury, wouldn't it seem like Ryan must be safe this episode (5)?

If ghost-tribe wins one Drake and one Morgan would have to be voted off. Ryan & Take your pick.

The next challenge, Morgan wins (how? Who knows!) and Ghost Tribe is done and another Drake goes.

A Drake must go this episode...right?

10-16-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
71. "Jeff & Clinton speak"
I think we are pretty much assuming now, that loser lodge players are coming back. With that in mind I wanted to consider JP's wording at TC and see if there's any wiggle room.

When Darrah was voted out he said.

"You are not out of this game until your torch is snuffed. Keep that in your head over the next 36 days. you can always save yourself."

Picking this apart it says:
<< You are not out of this game until your torch is snuffed.>>
It simply says you are out of the game. It doesn't say you are Permanently out. It doesn't say you can't return. It simply says when your torch is snuffed you are no longer in the game.

<< Keep that in your head over the next 36 days.>>
This doesn't say keep this in your head until your voted out, It says keep it in your head over the next 36 days. This could be read to say keep it in your head over the next 36 days if your in the game or not.

<<You can always save yourself.">>
This doesn't say you can save yourself as long as your still in the game. It doesn't say you can save yourself until your torch is stuffed. It does say "You can ALWAYS save yourself."

Sounds like Clinton speak to me. JP left himself enough room to drive a truck thru.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Jeff & Clinton speak"
My wife and I call that "lawyer language". But did you mean Lil? You said when Darrah was voted out.

10-22-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
83. "doublespeak"
Curiouser and curiouser!

This was from the episode 1 TC, Jeff said it to the remaining Morgans after Nicole took the walk of shame. And the full quote is:

"So maybe the thing to be learned is that you are not out of this game until your torch is snuffed. Keep that in your head over the next 36 days, you can always save yourself."

Did Jeff try to signal something by qualifying the statement? Did Snewser try to signal something by dropping the qualifier? Hmmmmm.......

10-20-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
75. "Here's a way it can work"
On Ep. 7. This should be the merge episode with 10 survivors.
The ghosties are the last 4 out and they win a 3-way immunity challenge forcing Drake and Morgan to turf someone. So Drake votes out Shawn or Rupert and Morgan votes out Rhino.

This means that without the ghosties we have 8 Drake/Morgan persons remaining where we should have 9 by the end of the episode.

So, the ghosties have a reward challenge where the reward is a return to the game. The challenge is the first to make fire since fire represents life in the game and if you can relight your torch you can return the game. Lillian wins. (this fulfills the spoiler that Lil comes back and wins 2 challenges in a row).

This way, there is only one episode which doesn't follow the standard RC/IC format but we still have the expected number of candidates remaining and CBS can have as a promo "next week only 9 contestants will remain but you'll never believe which 9."

If this has been suggested in another post, I apologize and stand ready to face the flames.

Aethelstan

PS. I admit that I posted this elsewhere but it seemed more appropriate here.

10-20-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
76. "Update from Griffe"
Griffe
(10/19/03 2:53 am)
Reply Re: Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update on the Phantom Tribe with warning that it's 3rd or 4th hand info so who knows...

Description of 3 players that come back: Older woman (probably Lillian), well built guy with black hair (probably Burton) and young girl (not black and not black hair).

As stated before, the Returnee Tribe competes against the Drake Tribe and the Morgan Tribe. Unsure how many players from Drake & Morgan take part of the challenge but the Returnee Tribe wins. Challenge is an escape type challenge. Returnees are represented by a "wine" coloured flag but it was undetermined whether they wore buffs or not.

mindella29 15 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindella29 Click to send private message to mindella29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "overall viewpoint"
Based on what many posters have said on this topic I am starting to believe in the returning player theroy. I think this will happen episode 7, after six have been removed. I think that each tribe will be down to 5 members each. I see the loser tribe coming back to even up the numbers. I think two players will return to the game, the fastest two, or possibly they are put into teams. The twist could be that the returning players pick who will go to losers lodge. from the tribe they originally came from. I see Lil taking out Andrew, since she feels he betrayed her. I see Burton taking out Rupert, or Jon since he feels they both betrayed him.

hrc2u 146 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hrc2u Click to send private message to hrc2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
Could the ghost tribe be Balboa? If we are speculating that Rupert is going this week and "we" imagine a ghost tribe coming back to play, why couldn't the ghost tribe be known as Balboa, if Rupert and the Snake stay together? It's out there, but so is most speculation.

hrc2u

10-21-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
79. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
the more I think about this, the more I like it.

Instead of a merge, they keep the original two tribes, with a third 'pirate' tribe of the voted-out players competing against them.

I still don't like the idea of voted out players competing for the title of 'ultimate Survivor' (would be more like 'only got voted out once' survivor), but I think a group of bootees screwing with the people remaining would be a great twist.

It would definitely make them regret voting off the strongest players, since the new tribe would be a 'super tribe' of all the best players, and would crush them.

10-21-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
80. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
What if .... (pure speculation for the sake of it)

3 tribes compete against each other. When ghost tribe loses, the player goes home. When Drake/Morgan loses, they send someone to the ghost tribe. The ghost tribe cannot win the $mil but are the jury (and the jury isn't necessarily 7 people).
Every week has 2 TCs. But it would be like a double knockout tournament. Never voted out, has a chance to win. Voted out once, is part of the jury. Voted out twice, so long and thanks for the fish.

This way, few survivors are said to 'make a comeback' because after the emergence of the ghost tribe, a booted survivor won't go to LL but instead to the ghost tribe so can't be said to make a comeback.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-22-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
81. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
So what happens when you get down to 4 people and the person who wins II is a previous bootee? Now you have a '1 striker' in the final three with a possibility of winning it...

Okaloosajohn

10-22-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
82. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
Two weeks ago I tried to speculate on a complicated scenario for the IC "kidnappings", but it was a very simple, one-shot affair.

I can't see MB making this twist more complicated than he has to, either. I think it will be a one-shot affair.

My guess right now:
The Ghost Tribe will consist of Lillian, Burton, Michelle and whoever gets voted off this week. Maybe Nicole and Ryan S. are in it too, maybe not.

They get to compete against Drake and Morgan in the first challenge in Episode 7. If, and only if, the Ghost Tribe wins, one player from that tribe can come back in the game, supplanting one player from the tribe that comes in third.

If the Ghost Tribe doesn't win, they're gone, forever, and the game resumes as normal.

Hence Burton and Michelle "come back" to compete in the challenge, but only one person (Lillian) actually re-enters the game after the challenge -- assuming that the Ghost Tribe does win, as Griffe reported above.

Now, how MB would determine which player from the winning Ghost Tribe returns and which player from the losing tribe leaves, I don't know. But once all this is accomplished, everyone left merges into one tribe, and the game continues.

Maybe.

10-22-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
84. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
>Two weeks ago I tried to
>speculate on a complicated scenario
>for the IC "kidnappings", but
>it was a very simple,
>one-shot affair.
>
It may be that both tribes are allowed one kidnapping but Drake hasn't earned theirs yet. Or it may simply have been a one-shot affair and Morgan won the only kidnapping. We won't know unless Drake wins another tribal immunity.

10-22-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
85. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
Brownroach you have just talked youself out of why there can be NO ghost tribe.

The logistics and amount of time and editing it would take for this to work does just not play out in my mind.

10-22-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
86. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
Have at it people:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=811

October 22, 2003

Survivor Phoenix has learned that all of the booted players, including Nicole and Ryan S., will return as part of the Ghost Tribe.

Last week, we reported that the booted players form a third tribe to compete against the Drake and Morgan tribes (see Ghost Tribe Competes), probably under a wine-colored flag. Earlier reports have placed the number of returning players anywhere from 1 to 3, but well-placed sources now tell us that all of the players voted out of their respective tribes will form the as-yet-unnamed 3rd tribe.

10-22-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
90. "I guess I will be eating Pelican!"
This really deserves its own thread. Lots of great ideas on how it will work. Glad to see all the players booted get a return chance.

If there is a ghost tribe!

10-22-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
87. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
I don't know.

Here's an idea of how it could work, which isn't complicated, and which actually would produce the general speculated boot order for the rest of the game:

First of all, let's say Shawn gets booted in EP 6 (it could be any Drake though).

The Ghost Tribe of Lillian, Burton, Michelle and Shawn is brought in for the first challenge in Ep 7. J Pro explains (or maybe he doesn't) that if the Ghost Tribe wins, they earn the right for one of their players to return to competition -- and, one player from the losing tribe (i.e. the tribe that finishes third) will have to depart the game.

If the Ghost Tribe wins, the "legitimate" tribe that finishes higher (i.e. in second place) will receive the reward of making the determination. They will select a member of the Ghost Tribe to come back, and select a member of the third-place tribe to leave.

So the Ghost Tribe wins, Morgan comes in second, Drake comes in third. Morgan gets to make the picks (note that in this scenario it could just as easily have been Drake).

Well, with Lillian and three Drakes to choose from, of course Morgan would pick Lillian to come back. Then, in an ironic turnaround of diplomatic relations, Morgan opts to eject Rupert out of the game before he can start winning post-merge ICs.

Now we have a merge. From Drake, we have Jon, Trish, Sandra, Christa, who get pagonged one by one, leaving only Morgans as the final 6.

Tijuana and Osten start worrying about Ryan O. and Andrew as IC threats. They enlist Lillian and Darrah to vote those two out next. Leaving an F4 of Tijuana, Osten, Lillian and Darrah.

Some things could vary -- the pagonging could be interrupted to get Ryan O. out earlier and Christa out later, say. But there's the idea.

10-22-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
88. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

Or, Morgan loses and Drake votes Ryan O. to satisfy that Ryan O. gets burned by the twist but they pick Lillian to come back!

Why? Well, the ex-Drakes are likely to jump ship, they figure so they hope the Lillian will show more loyalty to Drake than Morgan did to her. Maybe Lillian lies and says that she will help Drake win. Is this the BIG LIE??

Except that Drake regrets it because Lillian joins the rest of the Morgans in pagonging Drake as soon as she can.

-aethelstan

Edited for typos, flow, etc.

10-22-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
89. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
Guys, if ALL the players return it changes things A LOT

10-22-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
91. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
Not really -- this just tells us that all the bootees are in the Ghost Tribe, for whatever the Ghost Tribe is designed to do. It doesn't mean all (or any) of them are going to get back in the game.

10-22-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
93. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
except if all the players would return, why would they still pick Lillian? If she goes to the opposing side, why not stick Ryan or Nicole on the other side so they're saddled with them? Wouldn't they be worried one of their bootees would be bitter and side against them??

If they go to the winning side, (we win, we get to add a player from Ghost tribe), then maybe I could see picking Lillian back up. But that seems incredibly unfair for one team to add a player AND the other team lose a player... it's like losing 2 immunity challenges at once PLUS getting a previous victory taken away.

Still not buying the 'Lillian comes back' thing. I think somebody confused Lillian and Trish in the beginning and it snowballed.

but what do I know? I'm definitely not nearly as insightful as BrownRoach... just got MHO

10-22-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
92. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
I've changed my mind *again*.
Sorry to be so indecisive and post so many contradictory messages.

Here's the scenario.
Ghost tribe competes and wins. Trish (having been booted in Ep. 6) wins the 'right to come back' prize. The 2nd place team has a regular IC and they vote out Shawn or Jon, assuming Drake.

The 3rd place team has a different tribal council. Trish decides alone whom she'll replace. She picks Ryan O. because Ryan was the reason Drake lost IC in Episode 6 (last man standing). This way Ryan is a totally unfair victim of the twist much like that guy back in S3 and Shii-Ann in S5 for wrongly assuming a merge.

Now, Drake regrets voting out Trish.

At the merge, Trish aligns herself with Morgan to pagong Drake except that the person who stayed loyal to her, Sandra, she makes come over to the Morgan side. As a result, Andrew gets ousted relatively early. But Trish can only keep Sandra until final 5 before she has to let the Morgan's turf her. This leaves a final 4 of Tijuana, Trish, Osten and Darrah. Trish wins final 2 ic and goes up against Darrah in the finals.

Yeah, it's crazy, but what isn't.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
94. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
This is extremely interesting and you know what it would go along with the older woman senario as part of FF. There certainly are spoilers that Ryan O. becomes the victim of a bizarre twist.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
95. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
I agree with you for the most part. I have a hard time believing at this point, given the Survivor Phoenix report, that there will not be a ghost tribe. It is going to happen (or MB managed to trick some of the best spoilers in the business). I agree that while ALL bootees will compete, only ONE will return (and our best information seems to strongly suggest Lil).

Exactly how it is decided who gets to come back is a mystery at this point. Maybe it is the tribe that placed second behind the ghost tribe. Maybe the ghost tribe votes who gets to go back. However, only one gets back in the game and the rest go to LL (and finally get to scuba, etc). I also agree that it seems likely at the same time one of the tribes has to vote someone out. Lil does not "join" the tribe that lost a player, but rather it is time for the standard merge of ten people. They have individual competitions, and someone else is voted off.

There is a big problem with this scenario. There is not really enough time to do all of this in one hour. You have to have three votes (two voted off and one voted back on) and the two competitions (one to determine if ghost tribe gets to put someone back and one for individual immunity). I am not sure you could fit all that in during a single episode (if you include any of the game play scenes that people need to have any understanding of people's strategies).

The one thing I am pretty comfortable with, however, is that it will not be overly complicated. It will be a one shot deal with only one person reentering. Remember the spoiler's mantra "Occam's Razor" (sp?). Try to look for the simplest answer to fit the evidence (think horses not zebras when you hear hoofbeats).

10-22-03, 08:17 PM (EST)
96. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
so my theory about Richard Hatch returning to lead the ghost tribe to victory is a zebra???

I agree with the above thinking -- too many votes, too complicated. If there is a competition among the three tribes, I'm guessing it would have to be mental, not physical, and my hunch is "pirate trivia."

My other thought would be this: if the Big Twist happens next week, and Drake loses IC this week, then each tribe would have three ousted players in LL (Morgan - Ryan, Nicole, Lill, Drake = Michelle, Burton, ???). So the competition would be the bootees are in prison or something, and the remaining tribemates have to rescue them. The first team to rescue all their former tribemates wins -- this would be Morgan, meaning Drake loses another. As a surprise bonus, they get to keep one of the people they rescued.

Still, if this happens, somebody else would need to be booted off to make the schedule work, and I just don't see that. I like the theory that the player comes back, the others THINK they're in the game, but they're not -- just in the game for observation or voting or something... the 'mole'. Then at the last minute they announce that they can't vote the 'mole' out, because they're already out. Explains a couple of theories, including Lil returning and 'going far', the 'mole', the ghost tribe, etc.

I don't know what I'm talking about, but I like to tie theories together to make everybody look smart!!

10-22-03, 08:44 PM (EST)
97. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
How about Pelican as the name of the tribe? Maybe that's why we are seeing picutures of them over, and over and over again. Symbolic?

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
98. "RE: Do we already have the name of the ghost tribe?"
It looks like I got my answer on how they can do all that in one hour. They cannot and will not try. The thread on E7 (sorry, not good with links) is reporting that E7 will have a part 1 and a part 2. My guess would that part one ends either just before or just after it is determined that Lil (or whoever) will return. The second part will probably play out pretty much like a normal merge episode. That is my best guess. Anyone have a better idea?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •