The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-03-03, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Lillian's torch had to be snuffed twice. Is this MB's heavy-handed way of saying she is the "older woman" rumored to return to the game? It was kind of spooky...I've never seen anything like that happen in the previous 6 seasons.

Lil gave indications of her feelings toward her former tribemates when Jeff said "They don't want you to leave" and she replied "Yeah right!" She seemed disgusted in her final words, too, when she called Andrew on his broken promise to tell her if she was going. If Lil does return, she won't be so warm-hearted to the Morgans.

Another instance that I fervently hope is not foreshadowing: Jon's comment (I am paraphrasing here): "I've got a mill(ion) that says she (Sandra) is not in the final four." That reminded me of Dicque's "write me the check" comment. But Jon is such a dicque that can't imagine him lasting longer than the first time Drake goes to IC.

Now to the CBS BS: where were the two castaways who went off by themselves causing their tribemates to wonder what they were up to? If this referred to Trish and Shawn looking for the treasure in one area, while the others went in the boat to look, that's just ridiculous.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 nailbone 10-03-03 1
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 DoodleBug 10-03-03 10
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 AZ_Leo 10-03-03 11
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 Oscirus 10-03-03 13
 RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 jkokoj 10-03-03 2
 RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 Brownroach 10-03-03 3
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 ginger 10-03-03 4
   Lil's torch bebekid 10-03-03 5
       RE: Lil's torch strid333 10-04-03 15
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 frisky 10-03-03 6
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 ImNext 10-03-03 7
       RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 mistofleas 10-03-03 8
           RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 Thaibeach 10-03-03 12
   RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 AZ_Leo 10-03-03 9
       RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 LadyT 10-04-03 14
           RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 Brownroach 10-06-03 16
               RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3 kykate 10-06-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-03, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
When I saw her torch not go out, I thought back to an earlier season (Thailand?) where for several weeks the wind blew out one torch, that of the eventually bootee, even before the votes were cast.

I didn't think about this being a MB foreshadowing, I just thought it was creepy.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
I remember that. Can't remember which season it was. Very creepy.

If you don't know the spoilers, you wouldn't think anything of it. Probably just a weird coincidence, if any at all.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
I think it was Season 1. I don't know if it happened in other seasons.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-03-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Yep it was season 1 that it happened until the final four tc when rich's torch got put out instead of Sue's.

nuff said

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-03-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
That was a good chuckle moment based upon knowing all the spoilers.

Thaibeach: Marco has posted his yahoo information detailing that Jon and Christa are the one who stay behind. It appears that they may be the outsiders of Drake.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Lill's torch was definitely a WTF? moment, I have to say. But there's no way it could have been planned. Bizarre.

Also, last night's TC will have nicely set up the dynamics for a Darrah/Lill F2, if that's in fact how the game plays out. Interesting that Darrah is next on Morgan's chopping block.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
It could have been intentional; Jeff could have lifted the snuffer too quickly on purpose. My guess is this kind of "bobble" probably happens a lot but is usually edited out. We got to see it this time as foreshadowing.

>

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-03-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lil's torch"
As I mentioned in the East Coast Spoiler thresd, Jeff has probably had torch trouble before it's just always been edited out.

MB, knowing how things play out, threw the spoiling community a bone with Lil's torch. The general viewing audience won't think twice about it. That's just my opinion, but my heart skipped a beat last night when it happened!

A Kyngsladye Original

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Lil's torch"
>it's just always been edited out.

Yup, it sure has. If I remember correctly, it was during a trivia IC in S1, Jeff mentioned that the person who was going to be voted out had their torch out thanks to the wind and some island spirit type stuff. They would always re-light the thing so he could properly snuff it but they never showed him relighting the torch.

Three is the perfect number.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
>Also, last night's TC will have nicely set up the dynamics for a Darrah/Lill F2, if that's in fact how the game plays out.

Yes, and I can see how Lil could "outlast" if she returns. In Marco's Insider post, her tribemates have nothing but good things to say about her, mostly that she is a hard worker. Right now, they need challenge winners. Maybe Lil comes back into the game at a time when work ethic is more favourable than strength, like closer to the merge.

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-03-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Wasn't there also a season when it was raining so hard at Tribal Council that by the time the goner was voted out, all the torches had been snuffed by the downpour?

Also, did anybody ever hear the episode title? I watched the show twice last night and never heard it.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Also, did anybody ever hear the episode title? I watched the show twice last night and never heard it.

My impression (or opinion if you will) was that the United we Stand, Divided we... had to do with the IC. United we stand together and hold up our smallest person hanging over the water. Divided (5 minutes intervels of someone having to let go of the rope) we let our smallest person fall into the water and lose IC.

That's just my impression.

--wants Andrew gone with a passion

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-03-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Completely agree with Misto!! --wants Andrew gone with a passion

I have a dream...Andrew and Jon buck nekkid in a briar patch - or the jungle equivalent - fighting it out for the title of Biggest Weenie (and not in the literal sense of the word, I'm willing to bet they're both challenged in that department - but at least Jon hasn't let it out in public - yet... gagging at the prospect)

What can you say about Andrew? (Well, lots of things, but we are not supposed to use that kind of language here.) He is not only a horrible leader, he's delusional. Morgan is a stronger team than Drake? Um, maybe in terms of challenge-losing aptitude. Otherwise, not so much.

hoping Lil comes back to haunt Fearless Leader

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Considering how much wind there was it wouldn't be surprising if they put in extra fuel or something to keep all the torches in the TC area from being blown out. Most of the time, all the flames looked horizontal or almost pointing down. Then Jeff just miscalculated how much time was needed to snuff the torch. As was said, they just decided to show it to us but whether MB is throwing us a bone or a red herring, I'm not sure.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
I agree that they used extra fuel or something, but I think Jeff knew it was going to happen.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
One theory floated was that maybe not all the early bootees would compete to get back in the game. What if Nicole and Ryan S. are permanently out and Lill is the first person who gets a shot at returning? If JP has "snuffing dysfunction" again this week, it could be a clue.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-06-03, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: foreshadowing and CBS BS in Ep3"
Could it be that in the interest of "fairness", since Lil's torch did not go out the first time, they might bring her back -- particularly with the past emphasis on "you're not gone until your torch is out".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •