The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Whiz 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-04-01, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Whiz Click to send private message to Whiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
For some reason, I found it the most uninteresting. After all that happened last week, the Festers only end up basically 15 minutes ahead of Angry Man & No Salt and the Lawyer Boys. I'm not particular fond of the teams all bunching up and sniping and one another. No that's my taxi!!!

All on the same slow boat to Tunisia? What's that all about? Thank God, Bill was there to order tickets for everyone. (Step aside people, I speak French.) I'm not sure the others could have handled such a difficult purchase.

As has been speculated with that dang Ferris Wheel and museum hours in Paris, it just feels like something to keep them bunched. And where was the fast forward? Did it not exist this round or was no one interested in going for it?

On the flip side, I'm happy to see the Festers helping out Mom & Daughter (M & Em). It would be nice to see more teamwork rather than animosity (sp?). Still digging those two teams as well as the Lawyer Boys.

Unfortunately, next week it looks like it may be curtains for M & Em. I'm sticking with my opening sequence analysis, just a week late. Alternatively I see Paul & Amie or Lenny & Karyn. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that the other four are pretty solid still (though the teaser tried to show Rob & Brennan in trouble).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4 sleeeve 10-04-01 1
 RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4 ReiseKaiser 10-04-01 2
   RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4 SkyRaider 10-04-01 4
 RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4 samced 10-04-01 3
 RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4 Gypsy 10-04-01 5
   RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4 Loree 10-04-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-01, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
>All on the same slow boat
>to Tunisia? What's that
>all about?

As the voice-over pointed out, if teams were smart, they would have travelled by cargo ship, and gotten there earlier... my guess is this is what the producers wanted...

Oops... well... at least the group rate helped to save CBS a little bit of money.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

ReiseKaiser 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-04-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ReiseKaiser Click to send private message to ReiseKaiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
Well it's obvious now that the tasks are designed to keep the teams close together. Remember the Tour de France? How exciting-NOT was that after Lance took a five minute lead (equivalent to three days lead in TAR).

I also found the episode rather dull. Travel wise they didn't get really far, and although Tunisia is mysterious, admit it's not Paris. Basically the whole thing was two large tasks. I can see it now: the producers trying to edit tape of every team stuck in the souks of Tunis for 3 days and nights... and making it seem like it took everyone an hour or so... great job!

The Guido's did something good on this trip, didn't they? I mean, buying tickets for everybody? That was, dare I say, magnanimous? And everyone was so ungrateful, thinking that there was another scheme behind it. Bunch of homophobes!

Does Emily really have such big breasts? It's hard to tell, she's all covered up most of the time. Send them to outback Australia in January and we'll all get a better look.

Amie is still a #####, it's nice to know there are things you can always count on. Did you hear Paul say that basically it's Amie who wanted to do this. He is so much her little puppet.

If you were a Tunisian cab driver, wouldn't you accept US dollars over Dinars whenever you could??

My new faves are the frat boys. I hated them at the beginning but it's obvious now that they are the only genuine team. They are helping mom/daughter so that they don't have to screw other teams - knowing that they can beat them with their hands tied behind their back.

The sleeper is Emily's mom. I think she is evil waiting to unleash on the rest of the teams... just watch... she plays the role of the hapless housewife a little too well...

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-04-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
<<If you were a Tunisian cab driver, wouldn't you accept US dollars over Dinars whenever you could??>>

Not if I had 3-4 television cameras pointed at me while I made the illegal transaction that could send me to a very nasty prison I wouldn't.

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-01, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-01 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

first time poster,
did any of you notice,
when they where at the castle, they had a little interview with em's mom, and her hair is a lot longer and lighter!
I think they might be next to go. Also, there is a clip, if you blink you miss it, of Frank? wearing some kind of tunic, running around a fence. At first I thought it was from the first episode, but, the color is different. It is right before the the one showing one of the lawyers running up the stairs in paris.

Is anyone else tired of hearing "I speak french, because I lived in Paris for 2 years?

Gypsy 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gypsy Click to send private message to Gypsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
2nd post here

The thing that struck me last evening was the friendliness and helpfulness of the folks in Tunisia. When the teams were trying to find the Cafe, there were lots of folks who willingly led them directly there. It was cute to see the local guy give the Frat Bros. the thumbs up when they left. And the Mom tell the other boys their mother would be proud of them LOL!

Also - the local who gave the Grandparents the proper currency. It appeared that it was just a gift, he didn't accept any American currency for it. That was very kind. Alas, it was too late as the poor Grandparents were last anyway.

The kindess of strangers is always heart-warming

I agree last night's show was a bit more boring that the others, but I still LOVE this show! What a way to see the world!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS ON EPISODE 4"
I thought it was funny when Nancy was commenting that she thought the young boys liked her daughter so they were being helpful. LOL!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •