The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"World Idol -- quick comments"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-25-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"World Idol -- quick comments"
LAST EDITED ON 12-25-03 AT 11:47 PM (EST)

OK, I only have the U.S. edit to judge by, but here goes:

1. Alexander, Germany: -- good looking, not much of a voice
2. Guy, Australia -- good stage presence, distinctive look, weird arrangement, wildly overrated by the judges
3. Ryan, Canada -- strong performance, as underrated as Guy was overrated
4. Jamai, Netherlands -- let's hope he was just nervous; he was outclassed
5. Heinz, So. Africa -- disappointing. Good looking guy, good voice, poor song, no stage presence
6. Alex, Poland -- great stage presence, speaks well in English, mangled the song -- but she might well have a future in acting or in TV -- heck, she'd be a better host than Ant and Dec were
7. Diana, Jordan -- I have no way to judge her, except to say that she reminded me of Jamai
8. Kelly, U.S. -- very nice (but not drop-dead-great) performance, truly great outfit, wonderful stage presence -- hard to believe she's just 21
9. Peter, Belgium -- the most distinctive personality on the show, in both music and in looks -- great performance of a hard vocal in "Lithium"
10. Will, U.K. -- from the time this show was announced, I thought its intent was to break Will into the U.S. market -- fantastic looks, good voice (but no better than Ryan's) -- I don't think he's going to cross the pond, no matter how much Ant and Dec were pushing for him
11. Kurt, Norway -- phenomenal voice, should be a rock star, good "rock" stage presence

My family cast 6 votes for Peter and 2 for Kurt. We would have given Kelly a couple of votes were she eligible (she was definitely #1 in stage presence), but Peter would still have won our household poll. So how did you see it?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments aviators99 12-25-03 1
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments idolfan in Maryland 12-26-03 2
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments keylime 12-26-03 3
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments StarryLuna 12-26-03 5
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments tvgeek401 12-27-03 15
       RE: World Idol -- quick comments AMAI 12-28-03 18
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments love2smile 12-26-03 6
 Peter ROCKED! AMAI 12-26-03 7
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments munson 12-26-03 8
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments world_idol 12-26-03 9
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments Corvis 12-26-03 10
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments PhoenixMons 12-26-03 11
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments Little_Amy23 12-26-03 12
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments strid333 12-26-03 13
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments 712 12-27-03 14
       RE: World Idol -- quick comments Chrissy gal 12-27-03 16
           RE: World Idol -- quick comments world_idol 12-28-03 17
               RE: World Idol -- quick comments babydoll126 12-28-03 19
               RE: World Idol -- quick comments Chrissy gal 12-28-03 20
       RE: World Idol -- quick comments pandorella 01-01-04 23
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments ebony 12-28-03 21
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments Bebo 12-29-03 22
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments puurpaul 01-01-04 24
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments aviators99 01-01-04 26
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments 712 01-02-04 31
 RE: World Idol -- quick comments sbeck 01-01-04 25
   RE: World Idol -- quick comments Aimster 01-02-04 27
       RE: World Idol -- quick comments Little_Amy23 01-02-04 29
       RE: World Idol -- quick comments Little_Amy23 01-02-04 30
 Thoughts on Kelly (spoiler) Joyful 01-02-04 28
   RE: Thoughts on Kelly (spoiler) pandorella 01-03-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-25-03, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aviators99 Click to send private message to aviators99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
>LAST EDITED ON 12-25-03
>AT 11:47 PM (EST)

>
>OK, I only have the U.S.
>edit to judge by, but
>here goes:
>
>1. Alexander, Germany: -- good looking,
>not much of a voice
>
>2. Guy, Australia -- good stage
>presence, distinctive look, weird arrangement,
>wildly overrated by the judges
>
>3. Ryan, Canada -- strong performance,
>as underrated as Guy was
>overrated
>4. Jamai, Netherlands -- let's hope
>he was just nervous; he
>was outclassed
>5. Heinz, So. Africa -- disappointing.
> Good looking guy, good
>voice, poor song, no stage
>presence
>6. Alex, Poland -- great stage
>presence, speaks well in English,
>mangled the song -- but
>she might well have a
>future in acting or in
>TV -- heck, she'd be
>a better host than Ant
>and Dec were
>7. Diana, Jordan -- I have
>no way to judge her,
>except to say that she
>reminded me of Jamai
>8. Kelly, U.S. -- very nice
>(but not drop-dead-great) performance, truly
>great outfit, wonderful stage presence
>-- hard to believe she's
>just 21
>9. Peter, Belgium -- the most
>distinctive personality on the show,
>in both music and in
>looks -- great performance of
>a hard vocal in "Lithium"
>
>10. Will, U.K. -- from the
>time this show was announced,
>I thought its intent was
>to break Will into the
>U.S. market -- fantastic looks,
>good voice (but no better
>than Ryan's) -- I don't
>think he's going to cross
>the pond, no matter how
>much Ant and Dec were
>pushing for him
>11. Kurt, Norway -- phenomenal voice,
>should be a rock star,
>good "rock" stage presence
>
>My family cast 6 votes for
>Peter and 2 for Kurt.
> We would have given
>Kelly a couple of votes
>were she eligible (she was
>definitely #1 in stage presence),
>but Peter would still have
>won our household poll.
>So how did you see
>it?

We voted for Guy, Ryan, and Kurt. I was more impressed with Guy than you...I wished that he had chosen a better song to sing. I'm going to see if I can d/l some stuff of his. Otherwise, I agreed with most of what you said, except that I hated Kelly's outfit.

idolfan in Maryland 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-26-03, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idolfan%20in%20Maryland Click to send private message to idolfan%20in%20Maryland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Watched and enjoyed World Idol we voted for Peter Evrad also. Found he has a website also for anyone interested it is http://www.rhubarb.be it is for the most part in English with a guest book and music to listen to. He sings in English. Rhubarb is the name of his band.

keylime 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-03, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail keylime Click to send private message to keylime Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
1. Alexander, Germany: -- very German like performance, but unrefined and just not controlled. Think with the German love for techno pop, will do well in Germany and Poland, maybe Austria and countries that direction.
2. Guy, Australia -- pure talent, but I want more; I want him to do a different tune to see if the range is really there
3. Ryan, Canada -- loved the range and timbre, top shelf, give me more
4. Jamai, Netherlands -- bad tune for voice, got a image I like, want to see more
5. Heinz, So. Africa -- very disappointing. good looking, decent voice, but horrid choice of song that had to be rekeyed for his lower range
6. Alex, Poland -- great stage presence, speaks well in English, BUT very one dimensional
7. Diana, Jordan -- GREAT performance, WOW, incredible voice and stayed true to her roots, she will do better than you expect
8. Kelly, U.S. -- weaker performance than average for her, the outfit did not look right on her, and she will NEVER be an R&B diva, she is missing the depth of an Aretha that is sorely needed in the industry, and also, she is selling her looks more than voice
9. Peter, Belgium -- deserved better from judges, went his own way, a great remake of Lithium, and good control of the tune
10. Will, U.K. -- good voice and look, but HORRID choice of song making the Doors into a tango?! BLECK!!
11. Kurt, Norway -- the surprise of it all, the remake of Beautiful Day was BETTER than the Christian remake that was recently released and I'd prefer his OVER Bono's for that tune. Top shelf and I'd be all for that.

Voting went this way:

3 votes for Kurt, 1 vote for Diana, 1 vote for Peter.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-26-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I missed the first 20 - 25 minutes of the show, so I didn't see the first 3 perform. I tuned in just as Jamai from the Netherlands finished. Of the performances I did see, I thought Kurt was the best and called in a vote for him. When they showed the little clip of him before he started to perform, I said to my father and fiance that I thought he sounded like Bono from U2. Fiance thought I was nuts till he started performing, but then he totally agreed with me. Kurt definitely had one of the best song choices of the evening.

I actually didn't think Peter's performance of Lithium was that great, but that may be just my feelings that nobody should try to cover a Kurt Cobain song.

Speaking of songs, I'm assuming that all of these idols have by now released albums in their own countries or are at least in the process of making one. To be honest, I would have preferred to hear them sing originals from their albums instead of covering other songs.

A JSlice of holiday spirit!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-27-03, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I actually didn't think Peter's performance of Lithium was that great, but that may be just my feelings that nobody should try to cover a Kurt Cobain song.

I agree with you completely. I am wholeheartedly opposed to Nirvana covers. No matter how good a cover is, it's never the same as Kurt Cobain.

I only saw the last two sing. Didn't like Will's hair. It looks like a mullet gone horribly wrong. Kurt was awesome. The canadian guy was pretty cute.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-28-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I am wholeheartedly opposed to Nirvana covers. No matter how good a cover is, it's never the same as Kurt Cobain.

I think Peter's version was better than Cobain's, but why are you opposed to Nirvana covers?The songs are good, few people are up to the task of doing it, so if someone does a good job, I think it deserves kudos.

And it's not like Cobain didn't do covers. Off the top of my head, I know he did Bowie and the Meat Puppets, so what's the big deal?

Sweet as Angelfood

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-26-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Abosolutely could not stand Alexander, Ryan, or Will. I thought their songs and and way they sang them were total garbage! No offense to anyone...

I also couldn't see how the Canadian judge (I'm not dissing on Canadians) could love Ryan but diss Kelly when it is so obvious who is the superior singer between the two.

The only thing I agreed with him on was the trills and frills that she used.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Peter ROCKED!"
Awesome cover of "Lithium" - Cobain would be proud, I think.

Missed the first hour - but glad I caught this one performance.

Why did some of the judges give him a hard time for covering this song? It was a great showcase for range for a rocker.

Interesting to note how many "hard" songs and/or bands were chosen by this group. Pop doesn't have to be about bubblegum hearts & flowers, does it?

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-03, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
LAST EDITED ON 12-26-03 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

I was pretty impressed with the performances over-all which was shocking after the opening disaster by Alex from Germany. When you start off with the worst performance of the night, you've got nowhere to go but up. I really liked the variety of the song choices and vocal styles. We could only hope for the same from AI3. From Simon's comments, I doubt that will be the case. Too bad.

Quick takes...

Top Tier:

Kelly gave me goose bumps. Amazing performance of a song that she always performs well. Love me some Kelly.

Guy and Kurt did a great job. I expected Guy to perform well as he had a lot of pre-show hype. Kurt was a revelation. Awesome performance.

Will Young slid into fourth place with a passionless "Light My Fire" but I do like his voice. A much better performance than on the first American Idol finale when I wondered what those Brits had been drinking to give this guy the crown.

Others, in no particular order....

Alex (Germany) - <shakes head in wonderment> Has there ever been a worse choice of song?
Ryan (Canada) - his voice was OK but a boring performance, IMHO
Jamai (Holland) - He's young so additional work will help, especially in the upper register. Not bad.
Heinz (South Africa) - OK, but I still think Josh sang the song better which is saying a lot cause I was NOT a Josh fan. Good looking kid, tho.
Alex (Poland) - she's got spunk and a big voice that she needs to learn how to use
Diana (Jordan) - lilting, beautiful voice but the phrasing of the Arabic words is harsh on the Western ear. At least it was on this Western ear.
Peter (Belgium) - Nirvana is still one of my top 5 all-time bands and I'm a huge fan of the late and great man himself and I thought Peter did a good job, altho it did sound like an imitation of Kurt instead of an interpretation of the song. Fine, if your goal is to front a Nirvana tribute band.

ETA: Did vote, even though I didn't plan to - three for Guy, one for Kurt.

world_idol 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail world_idol Click to send private message to world_idol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Guy Sebastian was my favourite.
I gave him 10 votes!
Good original performance.

If you would like to hear some more of his great voice, these are two excellent songs by him. Definitely worth a listen!

#Angels Brought Me Here
#All I Need Is You

Thanks, Bye

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-26-03, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
1. Alexander, Germany: -- I didn't hate his choice of song and I thought he had fun with it. He wasn't the best by any stretch of the imagination, though.
2. Guy, Australia -- I thought he was good, but not nearly as good as everyone has said.
3. Ryan, Canada -- One of my two favorites. If he wins, I won't mind at all.
4. Jamai, Netherlands -- I missed this performance because of an unruly toddler.
5. Heinz, So. Africa -- I missed this performance because of an unruly toddler.
6. Alex, Poland -- Missed her performance, too, but saw her talk back to the judges. Enh.
7. Diana, Jordan -- I enjoyed her performance but don't feel qualified to judge her. For all I know, she got all the words wrong!
8. Kelly, U.S. -- Great performance but I don't even know why she's there. She's a World Idol already.
9. Peter, Belgium -- Loved this performance but he really didn't belong on the World Idol stage. Would love to see him in concert with a band behind him.
10. Will, U.K. -- He took all the sex out of Light My Fire. Boring. I hated his performance.
11. Kurt, Norway -- This guy is my choice. He was fantastic. Just an amazing voice.

I voted for Kurt three times.

Corvis

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-26-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Yay! I had no idea that we were going to be getting World Idol here so when I saw it on the Program guide tonight just as it was about to start, I was pretty excited!

My favorites were definitely Peter, Diana, & Kurt (in that order) -

Peter - WOW! My favorite by FAR! Now granted, I'm totally NOT a grunge/rock whatever-you-would-classify-Nirvana-as type of gal, so I can't say much about whether he should have done a cover of that song (is he supposed to NOT pick a song?) - but I will say that I enjoyed thoroughly! He did a fantastic job, great stage presence, the whole nine! - and no I'm not biased because he's the Belgian Idol and I'm currently in Belgium he just rocked! I liked the rocker in AI2 (forget his name)

Diana - I'm sure it helps that I'm a big fan of a lot of Arabic-language music, but Diana's performance was very enjoyable for me and I thought she had an excellent voice and did a great job with the song. She gets bonus points from me for not going Western and singing her own song and doing it amazingly! If I could vote, I'd probably give my votes to her because I'm sure others have voted for Peter and she was my next favorite.

Kurt - watching the clips I was hoping Kurt would sing She's so High (apparently the winning song) as he sounded great in the little clip singing that song...Beautiful Day didn't do it for me, though it's very obvious that he's got the talent. Great job, just wish he'd have done a song that showcased his vocal talents more. And I'm also so glad to see that people aren't as shallow in Norway as they are the U.S. (voting out the likes of the phenomenally-talented-without-the-Idol-look Ejay Day and keeping bad "singers"-who-looked-the-part like Ryan Starr/Nikki McKibbin). I guess we can at least say our AI2 final 3 was a little less "show" and a lot more talent (in comparison with pretty much all of the first AI finalists).

Guy - didn't see the whole performance, but I really liked what I saw (we tuned in at the very end of his). I think I will like him when I see more of him as I like hte tone of his voice (probably would have chosen a diferent song entirely for him though).

Kelly was okay, she is just starting to annoy me. Maybe I'm stil bitter about her winning instead of Tamyra . And while I love the trills and all on most people, on her (she does too many, too often and in strange places) I am getting tired of them. And honestly the judge (whomever it was) who criticized her for shouting at times was right. She did it a lot more than I would have expected ased upon her past performances in the original AI (which for the most part I really enjoyed). Oh and I liked her outfit (great for the song - nice little clash with "Natural Woman") a lot, though she should have nixed the hat.

The worst (of what I saw) was Will (sorry any fans of his). I think it was the song - it was not a good choice, IMO.

Little_Amy23 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-03, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little_Amy23 Click to send private message to Little_Amy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I'm Australian and I think Guy was overrated on the night although he does have a really good voice I just don't think he should have done that song. He is brilliant though, he sang Climb Every Mountain on Australian Idol and it made my mum cry and was on all radio stations the next day. He has also done When Doves Cry which was really great.
If you want to see more have a look at some videos:
http://au.australianidol.yahoo.com/video/finals/
Or if you have Kazaa or something maybe download some songs of his.

Ok enough advertising hehe, I loved Kelly and Kurt I think they were awesome and I thought Dianna had a great voice its a shame we couldn't understand her.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-26-03, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Well, I had to tape WI, because I was seeing LOTR and my tape screwed up. I watched up until the Polish girl sang from Jesus Christ Superstar. I obviously didn't vote because I more than missed the voting times (yeah LOTR is a 3 hour movie but well worth it). But from what I did see, I wasn't really impressed. It seemed like they were trying to get the Europop/trash feel (no offense to anybody but it isn't my style). From the people I did see, I wasn't going to vote for any of them.

Oh, and I was annoyed with the way CTV made Ben Mulroney the host by awkwardly cutting out the scenes with the real host. It was kinda like that scene in the Simpsons when they went to the Superbowl and they were talking in Moe's bar about the teams and who the president of the US was. The "Atlanta Falcons" and the president and his wife "Hillary" will be there. Just cheesy.

I saw three ships come sailing in.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-27-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-03 AT 00:42 AM (EST)

UGGH... SO embarassed for Ben Mulroney... Why did everywhere else get ACTUAL hosts, and we get this clod who was NOT EVEN THERE...

Anyway... I loved Kelly, even though I swore I wouldn't vote for her... she actually put something into it this go around. Maybe I've just seen one too many late-late-show-esque performances of "Miss Independant", but this I liked.

I didn't end up voting for her, however. Line was busy the whole time (well, the first half hour anyway, had to get up early this morning...)
No, Guy got most of my votes. He was just... captivating.

As was Diana, who also got several votes from me. She reminded me a little bit of Bjork.

I threw a couple Kurt's way as well, because of the whole ugly thing and all. Also, he was pretty good.

Peter I really liked as well. Ryan did good but not great.

Everyone else... ohhboy. Who would EVER sing "Maniac"?? That was just plain horrid. The Polish girl picked the wrong song as well. With her spunk and personality, she could have rocked something a little more up-tempo.
Jamai, Heinz, and whoever the hell else was there all sucked as well.

Did anyone else LOVE the Polish judge??

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-03, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
>>Did anyone else LOVE the Polish judge??<<

I thought the Polish judge was great. He seemed to make fun of himself as much as everyone else; unlike Simon who puts down everyone, but can't take criticism.

I liked Kurt and Ryan the best, and I voted for both of them.

I didn't like Guy because he sounded too nasal!! He was cute and had a great personality, but I could not stand listening to him sing through his nose.

Peter was unique. I was amazed that he didn't change any of the lyrics of that song because it seemed a little crass for international audiences. Generally a good performance.

Chrissy gal

world_idol 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-03, 04:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail world_idol Click to send private message to world_idol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Hey, those things you said about Guy are soo wrong. He had the best voice out of them all.

Guy= Cute lovable koala bear!

babydoll126 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-28-03, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail babydoll126 Click to send private message to babydoll126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
i loved kurt & will. ran right over to winmx and downloaded some of their previous efforts. i really hope kurt wins it because aside from his teeth he isn't the hideous troll the judges make him out to be

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-03, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I guess some people like cute lovable koala bears who sing through their noses and others don't.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Hey 712,
Loved your comments.

kurt: was great.he has natural talent and i thought he had
the most memorable voice. strong and clear. he was
capitivating because he had no frills or gimicks, he
simply sang and it was great.my favorite.

guy: very distinctive and enjoyable. i liked him too.

kelly: you can't take anything away from her. she has
an amazing voice.her outfit worked.

will: has a razor sharp voice. can't say anything
bad about his singing except that while he did not
sing jim morrison's rendition of "light my fire," he
still lacked passion when he sang.

ryan: was soso.he didn't do anything for me.good-not great.

others:the rest were out of their leaque.

loved the polish judge because there was actually someone more annoying than simon for a change!!! pandorennie

ebony 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-03, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ebony Click to send private message to ebony Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
My take on the performances...

1. Alexander, Germany - Definitely wrong song choice to display his vocal ability. Performance resembled more of an 80s aerobics class
2. Guy, Australia - (I'll try not to be bias coz i'm an aussie!) Would have been better off singing his original choice, Climb Every Mountain as What a Wonderful world didn't show off his voice quite enough. If he had of he would be an equal contender with Kelly (i reckon)
3. Ryan, Canada - I found his performance in general quite boring.
4. Jamai, Netherlands - I can't really remember, maybe that's a clue...?
5. Heinz, S Africa - Have to agree with AyaK on this one - very good looking
6. Alex, Poland - energetic and fun to watch, yet she seemed to struggle with the song, although she isn't originally English speaking so taht's ok, amazing voice for such a little girl!
7. Diana, Jordan - angelic voice but unfortunately won't be a contender
8. Kelly, USA - no doubt she has an awesome voice, sung song great but i could imagine her doing alot better, didn't like that eye make up on her but hey, what's that gotta do with the comp???
9. Peter, Belgium - great rock voice, liked the way he stood up against the judges!!!
10. Kurt, Norway - pulled off song perfectly
11. Will, UK - I'm not sure if anyone will agree but I thought he was overrated. I didn't like the song much and i thought his stage presence was boring. He just kinda stood there and looked as though he were just wanting to get it all over and done with. Not what I expected.

I am kinda sad that you all didn't get to see Guy perform at his very best. His voice is very unique and would have liked to see him perform a stronger song. I think he just wanted to show off his love of rearranging songs to make them his own. I gave my vote to Kurt from Norway because he was a surprise to me. I think the competition was a little unfair in the way that Kelly and Will have been out for a while now and have had a chance to show off their abilities, working definitely in Kelly's favour where as Guy has been out for about a month and Ryan I believe not much longer...? Can't be helped though...

I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt from Norway win but of course I'm 'GOing for THE FRO'

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-29-03, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
1. Alexander, Germany: -- Horrendous song choice and he did not pull it off. Totally outclassed by the rest of the competition.

2. Guy, Australia -- He's got charisma, and gave an OK performance.

3. Ryan, Canada -- Good performance but could use a little work on stage presence. He reminded me of Elvis Costello, so I liked him.

4. Jamai, Netherlands -- OK performance. Could develop into a solid performer, though.

5. Heinz, So. Africa -- Off key the whole freakin' time. Looked good on stage, but he's got to work on the singing part.

6. Alex, Poland -- What a cutie (personality-wise)! As a singer, that performance did not work, but she was a welcome dose of energy to the program.

7. Diana, Jordan -- She has a lovely voice, but since I'm unfamiliar with that type of music, I can't say whether she was singing on-key, etc. Nice to see her inject her own personality into the competition instead of trying to fit in a mold.

8. Kelly, U.S. -- We didn't like the hat. I was disappointed. She did all right, but she's done so much better. I guess my expectations were too high.

9. Peter, Belgium -- Argue about whether he should win a pop competition all you want, but he kicked serious butt with his performance. Wonderful stage presence. I think he's got quite a career ahead of him.

10. Will, U.K. -- Again, high expectations got in the way here. Big blah disappointment to me.

11. Kurt, Norway -- Nice job!

I was visiting with family, and the household consensus was Kurt, then Peter. Peter getting such high marks was a surprise, since most family members started their comments with, "I'm not much of a rock fan, but..."

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

puurpaul 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail puurpaul Click to send private message to puurpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
>LAST EDITED ON 12-25-03
>AT 11:47 PM (EST)

Have just seen the final, and without letting you all know the results, the look on kelly clarksons face when she realised she didnt get voted 1st by various countries was so typically american. She showed no humility at all. She didnt even say thank you or whatever, she just looked stunned, as if she expected to be voted first. Came across as really very arrogant.

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-01-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aviators99 Click to send private message to aviators99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
>>LAST EDITED ON 12-25-03
>>AT 11:47 PM (EST)

>
>Have just seen the final, and
>without letting you all know
>the results, the look on
>kelly clarksons face when she
>realised she didnt get voted
>1st by various countries was
>so typically american. She showed
>no humility at all. She
>didnt even say thank you
>or whatever, she just looked
>stunned, as if she expected
>to be voted first. Came
>across as really very arrogant.
>

You'll have to convince me that it wasn't edited that way intentionally, meaning I hope someone who was there can tell me what her face really looked like at the time...I definitely saw some bad obvious time edits.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-02-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Typically American? That's kind of a harsh thing to say, don't you think?

I don't think she looked stunned or upset at all... just... bored maybe. I would be too if I had to sit through 11 sets of results that were all basically the same.

Oh the other thing I was thinking about... I found it kind of weird that countries that didn't have an idol didn't get to vote. 11 countries doesn't exactly make up the entire world.

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-01-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
Ours was a Kurt-fan family. Unlike most people here, we did not like Peter.

Aimster 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-04, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aimster Click to send private message to Aimster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I was really shocked that Guy came 7th!! I was hoping/expecting to see him atleast amongst the top 3! He seriously is an awesome talent, and I think it's such a shame that the World didn't see it! Maybe if he had chosen to sing his original song choice('Climb every mountain') we would have seen a different result? I guess we'll never know! I really think World Idol should've given each contestant a chance to perform 2-3 songs, so that we could get a better idea of what each is capable of!

01-02-04, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Little_Amy23 Click to send private message to Little_Amy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
I would love to see a show with the worst auditions from around the world or a show to see the top 12 in each country. You'd think since WI got such good ratings they'd try and make a few more shows with footage from all the Idol shows.

01-02-04, 09:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: World Idol -- quick comments"
If it was up to me I would have said:
1.Kurt
2.Kelly
3.Guy
4.Peter
5.Heinz
6.Ryan
7.Dianna
8.Will
9.Jamai
10.Alex
11. Alexander

How would you have placed them?

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-02-04, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Thoughts on Kelly (spoiler)"
Was it just me or did it look like Kelly didn't even want to be there. During her intro she just walked down the stairs, head down. She had this vacant smile the rest of the time like the whole thing was beneath her. I wonder if it was part of her American Idol contract that she does this or if she really wanted to.
I thought Kurt deserved to win his voice was really good, but I wish he would have sung a different song because he sounded a lot like Bono and I think it didn't really give him a chance to show off his real talent.

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Thoughts on Kelly (spoiler)"
Kelly sure did NOT look like she was enjoying being there. she
seemed very quiet and not in her element.Perhaps it was good that she didn't win because like Will said, it gives a person humility to know that not everyone thinks he (insert she) is great.and perhaps Kelly thought she would ace it so all she had to do was appear.Kelly's personality did not shine through.as a matter of fact she was a flat-liner.
several of the better and not so great singers were at least enjoying the experience.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •