The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dear Naonka"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-08-10, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: ???"
But she did that all season long. Na'Onka is probably one of the most self-centered player we've ever seen. Why was quitting so upsetting? You must have known she wasn't going to win, probably even wished she would get what was coming to her. Seeing her quit should feel good because she did it all to herself.

Lots of people are self-centered. She's self-centered, clueless, arrogant, and perhaps borderline sociopathic - even when she stole the food, she didn't appear to have any remorse over it and had virtually no explanation for it other than "I wanted tortillas." At least when Russell did what he did, he had a strategy for it and acknowledged he was playing a character. For NaOnka to get what was coming to her would likely have taken her torch getting "smuffed" due to others overthrowing her or reaching F3 and getting blasted by the jury. She quits, and she avoids having to be accountable for her actions.

I have to ask which "people" you are talking about? The first "people" seems to be her allies while the second could be the viewers. Nay owed nothing to either group. Survivor is an individual game and her allies should have had plenty of warning that she wasn't to be relied upon. Maybe keeping Yve or Alina would have been smarter, now wouldn't it? If they chose to keep her despite her threats of quitting on day 14, worse, if they included her in their end game plans, that's their own fault.

The first "people" was ther group I was referring to - her allies, the ones who kept her in the game despite the fact that she wanted to quit on Day 13 and stole food. Especially to the one who did everything she could to help her. In that respect, she did owe them something. Just as Dream owed it to Yau-Man to give up the immunity necklace, Rob owed it to Lex to leep him around for at least a TC or two, and Erik owed it to himself to act like he had a brain and not fork over immunity to Natalie. Just because none of those things happened doesn't mean it wasn't owed.

Actually those were two of the 4 spots added in case people would give up! Jeff said he'd love to have only 16 castaways each season but they go to 20 because of possible quitters. Anyway, the two replacements that were sent back home before the season started (if there were any) are the only ones that should be angry for "their" spots being taken. Survivor likes to have quitters to show how hard it really is so, again, blame SEG

Having only 16 castaways means that the game is a bit more rigid and predictable - the only time a group of 16 ever deviated from the standard-issue "final two, jury of seven" format was China. Having 18 or 20 allows the producers to be a little more creative with the game format - not that they always are. Of course, by adding two or four more castaways, the people they picked 17-20 are hardly automatic quitters, medical disasters, or duds - injuries could just as easily happen in Exile Island or Tocantins, 16-player seasons, as in Fans vs. Favorites and Samoa, in which the islands practically needed MASH units to accommodate the medevacs and injuries.

I don't really know if Survivor likes to have quitters or just sees them as inevitable - it was season 7 before there was a quitter, and it looked as if the producers were absolutely disgusted. As far as a hard game, though, Survivor can't top the all-time record for forced quit - Boot Camp managed to get a surrender out of a cast member in about 20 minutes of screen time. Try topping that, SEG.

You are selling Osten and Kathleen short: I really cracked up at the whole Osten vs Pelican Pete storyline. Seeing him losing his underwear during the first challenge leading to Ryno and Savage dropping their pants in "support" was hilarious. It was also funny to see muscleman Osten being beaten by Christa in that physical challenge. Krazy Kathy was hilarious too often to note (Remember her "Mary?", her love for Yau Man and Cirie, etc...)

All I remember about Osten was that he was a big, muscle-headed wuss. The pelican was a great example of it, but even at that time, Osten was the only one failing to see any humor in it - or anything. He just acted like a self-righteous punk. I'd say he was worse than NaOnka, but comparisons between the two are not even worth the brain neurons firing to think of them. As for Kathleen, I do remember her being pretty entertaining early on, but she went downhill fast and crash-landed Osten-style - lots of potential for a total dud. The best memory I had of her was when she announced that she had never met a gay man or seen breast implants - which annoyed me to no end because I included the "I never met a gay person!" thing in one of my fanfics and the air date ended up being before I posted it. Still pretty hilarious, though, how clueless she made herself look.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Dear Naonka   milkachulina     12-02-10       
   RE: Dear Naonka   suzzee     12-02-10     1  
   RE: Dear Naonka   RollDdice     12-02-10     2  
   RE: Dear Naonka   Belle Book     12-02-10     3  
   RE: Dear Naonka   Karchita     12-02-10     4  
   ???   michel     12-02-10     5  
     RE: ???   Colonel Zoidberg     12-03-10     8  
         RE: ???   michel     12-03-10     13  
             RE: ???   Colonel Zoidberg     12-07-10     22  
                 RE: ???   RollDdice     12-07-10     23  
                 RE: ???   michel     12-07-10     24  
                     RE: ???   dabo     12-08-10     25  
                         RE: ???   michel     12-08-10     26  
                     RE: ???   Colonel Zoidberg     12-08-10     27  
                         RE: ???   michel     12-08-10     28  
                             RE: ???   Colonel Zoidberg     12-09-10     29  
     RE: ???   Spanky68     12-03-10     9  
         RE: ???   Brownroach     12-03-10     10  
             RE: ???   agman     12-03-10     11  
         RE: ???   michel     12-03-10     14  
             RE: ???   Spanky68     12-06-10     18  
             RE: ???   agman     12-06-10     19  
                 RE: ???   michel     12-06-10     21  
   RE: Dear Naonka   dabo     12-03-10     6  
   RE: Dear Naonka   foonermints     12-03-10     7  
     RE: Dear Naonka   Karchita     12-03-10     12  
   RE: Dear Naonka   PepeLePew13     12-05-10     15  
     RE: Dear Naonka   KLicK     12-05-10     16  
         RE: Dear Naonka   iltarion     12-05-10     17  
         RE: Dear Naonka   dabo     12-06-10     20  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •