The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

Two Survivors decide not to join their tribe on a search for buried treasure, raising suspicions about what they are doing with their alone time.

Trying to make a decision for the tribe, Jon insults Sandra, and a screaming match erupts.

One Survivor loses an item that is crucial to the tribe's survival, inciting the tribe's fury.

A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves the fate of two Survivors in the hands (literally) of their fellow tribe members.

Thank you Ms. Slice, but I have to tell you that you are dangerous. - Technoir

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... silentJ 09-26-03 1
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... PhoenixMons 09-28-03 17
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... anotherkim 09-26-03 2
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... I_AM_HE 09-26-03 3
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... samiam 09-26-03 5
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... ulalame 09-26-03 4
       lil breaks foot, osten almost drown... mshawobx 09-28-03 18
           RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost d... tamarama 09-29-03 22
               RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost d... anotherkim 09-29-03 24
               RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost d... mshawobx 10-02-03 50
                   RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost d... mistofleas 10-03-03 51
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... Brownroach 09-26-03 6
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... esquire 09-26-03 7
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... Brownroach 09-26-03 8
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... VerucaSalt 09-26-03 9
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... mistofleas 09-26-03 10
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... jojo7 09-29-03 23
 Don't forget to consider "overhypin... cowboyroo 09-26-03 11
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... cowboyroo 09-26-03 12
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... Chez 09-26-03 13
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... stonemik 09-26-03 14
           now we're talking cqvenus 09-26-03 15
               then again cqvenus 09-26-03 16
                   CBS previews Holiday 09-29-03 25
                       RE: CBS previews scorpio 09-30-03 28
                           RE: CBS previews dabo 09-30-03 29
   Vidcap May Help Rain Crow 09-29-03 19
       RE: Vidcap May Help Brownroach 09-29-03 20
 We have eyeMAIL! munson 09-29-03 21
   RE: We have eyeMAIL! KeithFan 10-01-03 47
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... Thaibeach 09-30-03 26
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... mtopaz 09-30-03 27
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... mistofleas 09-30-03 30
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... dabo 09-30-03 31
           Maybe matches? Brownroach 09-30-03 33
               Trusty Brownroach! tamarama 09-30-03 35
                   RE: Trusty Brownroach! Brownroach 09-30-03 36
                       Also - matches/lighter = warmth lizzmac 09-30-03 43
                           RE: Also - matches/lighter = warmth Opiatesurvivor 10-02-03 49
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... tamarama 09-30-03 34
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... Brownroach 09-30-03 32
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... VerucaSalt 09-30-03 37
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... Brownroach 09-30-03 39
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... mistofleas 09-30-03 40
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... tamarama 09-30-03 41
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "Unite... mtopaz 09-30-03 42
 Osten loses the crucial item? Brownroach 09-30-03 38
   RE: Osten loses the crucial item? mtopaz 09-30-03 44
       RE: Osten loses the crucial item? VerucaSalt 10-01-03 45
           RE: Osten loses the crucial item? tamarama 10-01-03 48
   RE: Osten loses the crucial item? frisky 10-01-03 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-26-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
"A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves the fate of two Survivors *in the hands (literally)* of their fellow tribe members."

In their hands? Is this a reference to the dreaded purple rock of doom? With the house dived reference in the title and a probalbe 4-4 tie at the next council, it's likely. Maybe there is a slight change where the holder of the dreaded purple rock of doom decides which of the two leaves.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-28-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
I was just going to suggest the purple rock idea for the reference to this quote paired with the episode title, but saw you'd beaten me to it. After thinking about this quote for a bit (originally speculating that it might actually be injuries during the challenges requiring the two castaways to be "carried" by their tribemates), the "fate" and "hands" parts seem most important. The title fits in very nicely with this idea as well. United we stand, divided we "break out the purple rock"

The purple rock scenario (which I actually liked as it can be so easily avoided by one person changing his/her vote!) seems the most plausible, especially because I think it could easily be a 4-4 tie were Drake to go to TC:

Rupert, Trish, Sandra, Christa vote Shawn or Jon
Jon, Shawn, Michelle, Burton vote Rupert

The purple rock only came about in the merged tribe scenario (remember, Vee, with immunity, did not have to draw a rock) - maybe this time the tie-breaker is slightly different and there is some other sort of twist to breaking the tie?

Either way, the "fate" of two castaways (those tied) would be in the "hands" of the tribemates.

As others (and to a lesser extent, myself) have speculated, it could simply allude to an IC challenge much like the one from I believe Thailand where one tribe member is carried on some sort of platform by tribemates. But what would that have to do with fate? Nothing as I see it. Bring back the purple rock

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""

"Two Survivors decide not to join their tribe on a search for buried treasure, raising suspicions about what they are doing with their alone time."

Shawn and Trish were looking, I would assume it isn't Jon, Sandra or Rupert that are inciting suspicions (eeeeeewww), which leaves Michelle or Christa with Burton. I would bet Michelle because Christa seems like too much of a go-getter to sit back while the others look for treasure.

"One Survivor loses an item that is crucial to the tribe's survival, inciting the tribe's fury. "

It was set up as a reason for Shawn to be booted this week, so I would think he could be in real danger if he did it again. It's not like Morgan has anything worth losing .

"Trying to make a decision for the tribe, Jon insults Sandra, and a screaming match erupts."

No clue, but I can't wait to see her tear into him.

"A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves the fate of two Survivors in the hands (literally) of their fellow tribe members. "

Two people are hurt and have to be carried which makes choosing who to boot a dilemma.

Would all four clues be about Drake or would this one have to be about Morgan?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--ready for Ep. 3

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
i think the last one is about the challenge itself - some sort of faith fall or triage type challenge, where one member of each tribe must be carried by the others...although i don't know that that really fits the "fate" bit...hmm

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
I agree with HE...I think it's a triage-type challenge. It's just the kind of overhyping that MB usually uses to make us think it's got something to do with an injury.

I mean, if last night's IC can be called a "photo finish", then a regular old triage challenge can be a matter of life and death and fate and whatever else he wants to throw in.

Buggy's favorite

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-03, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""

"A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves the fate of two Survivors in the hands (literally) of their fellow tribe members. "

Two people are hurt and have to be carried which makes choosing who to boot a dilemma.

Maybe this is in reference to Lil's rumored injury. Two members of Morgan are injured in the IC challenge and have to be helped to the tribal counsel . . . Lil and ? Who will be booted?

mshawobx 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-28-03, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mshawobx Click to send private message to mshawobx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "lil breaks foot, osten almost drowns"
there was info that osten almost drowned and jeff told staff not to help him to let his teammates do it. not sure of the details but it was something to that extent. he's obviously not good in the water and having most challenges in the water makes him more of a problem than a help in challenges and it doesnt matter how strong he is on land, he's a crutch in the water to the tribe. rumors that lil breaks her foot.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-29-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost drowns"
>>there was info that osten almost drowned<<

No confirmation this is Osten.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost drowns"
IN an interview, MB clearly denies that there was a near drowning. He attributes that rumor to internet speculation. Would he lie? Sure, but on something like that? I doubt it.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--wishes Andrew would nearly drown

mshawobx 7 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mshawobx Click to send private message to mshawobx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost drowns"
>>>there was info that osten almost drowned<<
>
>No confirmation this is Osten.

i guess the next episodes preview goes a long way to proving my previous comments.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: lil breaks foot, osten almost drowns"
i guess the next episodes preview goes a long way to proving my previous comments.

Sorry to burst your bubble mshawobx, but what was shown in the previews doesn't "prove" anything. While seeing Osten in the water kinda floundering and then saying "I need some help here" will go a long way to feed the "Osten near drowning" rumor fire, I certainly doesn't prove that it's true.

I can come up with several different scenarios for this situation. One of which could be that since it's obviously during a challenge (since JP is there) it could be a relay challenge. Osten gets tired and is having trouble making his leg so he asks for help from his tribemates to tag off with him sooner. Jeff is on his little "I'm the ruler" platform telling him not to give up. The little motivational speech by JP and encouragment from his tribe give Osten an extra boost of energy and just like the Little Engine That Could, finishes his part of the relay.

Like I said, there are many ways for this to play out. And of course it's always a possibility that Osten is having trouble swimming and his tribe comes to his rescue. I'm just advising you to be careful when thinking that a preview, edited and put together by Mark Burnet, "proves" anything.

--giving unsolicited opinions and advice since 2001

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-03 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

Two Survivors decide not to join their tribe on a search for buried treasure, raising suspicions about what they are doing
with their alone time.

Possibly this is Sandra and Christa? They are are in the shelter when the Jon confrontation occurs. You can see a shovel stuck in the sand in those caps, so I'm thinking this might occur right before the others go off on the treasure hunt, or right after they get back.

I also think it might be Sandra and Rupert who stay behind.

Trying to make a decision for the tribe, Jon insults Sandra, and a screaming match erupts.

So this might be related to going on the treasure hunt.

Another thought about this: maybe Jon wants to throw the IC so they can get rid of someone, and Sandra is having none of it?

One Survivor loses an item that is crucial to the tribe's survival, inciting the tribe's fury.

Though this seems more likely to happen at Drake, it could be either tribe, so -- suspending judgment for now.

A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves the fate of two Survivors in the hands (literally) of their fellow tribe members.

Could this be the Drowning Incident? I know only one person was mentioned as almost-drowning, but if that person were rescued by tribemates, he/she would be "in their hands", literally. Maybe a second person poops out in the same challenge, and also needs physical assistance.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-26-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""

>A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves
>the fate of two Survivors
>in the hands (literally) of
>their fellow tribe members.
>

Notice it doesn't say that the two survivors are from the same tribe. It says the fate of 2 survivors are in the hands of their fellow tribe members. My guess is that part of the immunity challenge involves a tribe member being held by his fellow tribe members and the two survivors is 1 people selected by each tribe to perform some part of the immunity challenge

09-26-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
That sounds good, too, Esquire. It could be a cutesy description of the challenge, nothing more.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-26-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
I agree this is a challenge (literally) it says. Two Survivors, one for each tribe. Definitely like the stretcher rescue mission type thing.

And wasn't that blurb about losing something crucial to their survival an exact replica of last week's practically? Now I wonder if it is related to the winner of the RC looting something crucial to the other team's survival. The word losing doesn't have to mean misplacing it, it could mean losing it to someone else. Maybe Morgan finally wins RC and Drake people were supposed to hide something crucial so it wouldn't be taken and some idiot didn't; or maybe the treasure map was lost. This could be tons of stuff on this one.

09-26-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-03 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

Now I wonder if it is related to the winner of the RC looting something crucial to the other team's survival. The word losing doesn't have to mean misplacing it, it could mean losing it to someone else. Maybe Morgan finally wins RC and Drake people were supposed to hide something crucial so it wouldn't be taken and some idiot didn't; or maybe the treasure map was lost.

Exactly what I was thinking Veruca. Exactly. I think we're going to hear this almost every week.

If Morgan wins, they're going to be like kids in a candy store with all of the Drake bounty. I'm sure Drake will want to hide their most important items (spear, tarp etc.) and if someone forgets or doesn't hide it well enough...*kapow*!

Personally, if I were on the Morgan tribe and I were chosen to loot the Drake camp...I'd take the Immunity Idol.
But that's just me.

--thinks THAT would be funny

jojo7 7 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jojo7 Click to send private message to jojo7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
Hi I'm a newbie ,long time lurker here. Just wanted to point out that the teams are not allowed to hide any of their luxury items from the opposing teams coming to loot their camps. This according to Ryan S. CBS chat anyway.

Slinking back to lurkdom.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-26-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Don't forget to consider "overhyping""
If that was a "photo finish you'll have to see to believe", its really hard to use these clues as reliable. I kept waiting for Morgan to find the flag and race to the pole.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-26-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
Two Survivors decide not to join their tribe on a search for buried treasure, raising suspicions about what they are doing with their alone time.

I'm guessing Rupert and Sandra. Rupert has to fish. Sandra may want to plot

Trying to make a decision for the tribe, Jon insults Sandra, and a screaming match erupts

Misdirection to lead us to believe that one of the two will get boot.

Could Shawn possibly lose the spear AGAIN, this time having it become unretrievable, or does Drake lose the RC and Morgan gets the spear, because someone opens their mouth as to where it is when Morgan comes to pillage?

Sounds like a tie vote. Could the new twist possibly be that if there is a tie, BOTH people involved in the tie get the boot, leaving room to bring back one of the losers at the merge?

On Drake, I can see a tie between Rupert and Shawn; and on Morgan I can see Darrah/Tijuana joining up with Lillian knowing that one of their necks will be next if they lose again creating a boys vs. girls.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
"A painfully physical Immunity Challenge leaves the fate of two Survivors in the hands (literally) of their fellow tribe members"

Like a couple of earlier posts, I am suspecting this relates to one Survivor from each team, and each one is being held or supported or carried by one or more team mates. The stretcher challenge? I don't know. If the team lost that challenge, how does that really affect the fate of the person being carried? She (I am assuming a woman) could hardly be blamed and would therefore not be in danger of getting voted off.

I am thinking the woman (one on each team) is somehow being held in a more tenuous position than on a stretcher. Maybe they are being held over a pit or a mudhole and the winning team is the one that can hold the person the longest. When they drop her, it will be painful.

Or maybe it has to do with water, and the person is tied up (pirate theme, remember), and other team members have to somehow keep her from drowning under difficult circumstances. That would certainly fit the bill of the person having their fate in the hands of fellow team members.

stonemik 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stonemik Click to send private message to stonemik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
The lives in the hands of the other tribe members - triage has been done but we're pirating so perhaps 1 member of each is to walk the plank and the other members have to rescue them or do something to push them off the plank. The tribe that causes the other to walk the plank first wins the IC (Hence 2 lives are in danger in two ways walking the plank and the looser will vote one off?)
Or not, just my two cents

--
I didn't think they made a fish like that
Rupert S7:E1

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "now we're talking"
i like that. walk the plank. maybe they'll ask them general trivia about pirates and/or the region, and whoever gets it right the other tribe member has to take another step forward on the plank.

- so cheesy, MB, so cheesy!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "then again"
they said "in their hands (literally)" so maybe they have to actually carry the person somewhere or rescue them from a sunken ship or treasure chest or something. near drowning?

who knows. this season isn't nearly as easy to spoil.

- but it's lots more fun!

Holiday 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-29-03, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Holiday Click to send private message to Holiday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "CBS previews"
From next week's preview it seems like the two teams duke it out in little boats while tribe members stand on some sort of box. Maybe the objective is to take the person off the box and maybe, the "fate", is that if they are taken they change tribe??? I dunno. Just a thought.

scorpio 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-30-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scorpio Click to send private message to scorpio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: CBS previews"
How about an endurance test for the IC. We've seen Michelle in a Bosun's chair sling.... the test is endurance - which tribe can hold their teammate suspended above the water or the beach for the longest time. First team to dunk or drop their teammate loses. Now that could be painful for both dunkers (holding her up) and dunkee(how far to fall and what's underneath)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: CBS previews"
Well, if dropping the tribemate signals the loss of the challenge, let's hope it's not too far a drop, or there's water to fall into. But how does physically painful enter into it? There may be some task in addition to the endurance element. Filling leaking buckets with sand or water to provide "ballast" for the hoisted tribemate, maybe?

Hmm... so, if Michelle is at the top, is reaching the top the goal, or simply remaining aloft?

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-29-03, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Vidcap May Help"
Here is a TDT vidcap showing 6 members of Drake walking tiredly back to camp. Perhaps after a Treasure Hunt???

It is clear that Rupert is missing so he is the man in the dynamic duo.

However, I think that is Sandra second from left, so that leaves her out. The other two women look like Trish and Christa. That would leave Michelle with Rupert.

Does this sound like a pair that would raise the Tribe's suspicions? If so, what is the rationale? Krautboy's Unspoken Truths thread make no obvious connection between Rupert and Michelle. Anyone with any ideas?

"Onward Thru the Fog"

09-29-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Vidcap May Help"
I agree Michelle and Rupert seem an illogical pair to stay behind.

But I don't think this cap is after a treasure hunt because no one is carrying a shovel (if Shawn had a shovel in his right hand I don't think he could walk that close beside Burton).

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-29-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "We have eyeMAIL!"
I didn't want to start a new thread but did want to add the text of this week's eyeMAIL because, for the first time this year, it mentions something not mentioned elsewhere.

SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS
Thursday, 8PM ET/PT

Already with two fewer tribe members, the Morgan tribe continues to grapple with what tribe members perceive as Osten giving less than 100%. Meanwhile, at Drake, there's a dogged treasure hunt, but also trouble in paradise as Sandra and Jon have a blow up.

The key, I believe, is that it says "tribe members" so more than Lill must be concerned.

Does it mean anything? Probably not. My guess is classic misdirection to make us believe that Osten is in danger this week.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: We have eyeMAIL!"
Your right, I think it is misdirection for E3- classical Survivor "trouble brewing but it doesn't matter this week". We'll have to watch closely on who stands next to who when the stuff hits the fan at Morgan.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
>>United We Stand. Divided We…?" – Two survivors decide not to partake on a group outing, raising suspicions among the rest of the tribe... When the two individuals separate themselves from the rest of the tribe, the others wonder what they are doing with their alone time...<<

I'm thinking along slightly different lines here. Since MB and SeeBS have been known to misdirect and overhype (see last week's "photo finish", LOL)... is it possible that the two survivors who "separate themselves" - leaving the rest suspicious and wondering what they are doing - are this season's elected,or pre-selected (by MB), "Dave" and "Jenna" who will choose up the two new tribes.

(I actually hope this is wrong, because I want to see Morgan pagonged hard. They deserve it.)

Yes, the release says "from the rest of the tribe" - tribe, singular, not tribes, plural...but we've had some "creative" wording and truth-stretching before.

Just wonderin'.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-30-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""

My guess is Rupert and Sandra, because they do seem to be the work horses (as shown so far) of their tribe. Rupert would rather fish and provide food for himself and his tribe, and Sandra may think it's more important to ensure they have water, firewood, etc., than search for treasure.

Trying to make a decision for the tribe, Jon insults Sandra, and a screaming match erupts

Jon is an idiot, and Sandra is feisty. It was only a matter of time before these two butt heads, but I don't think it means either of them is in danger of getting the boot this time.

This is tough - "inciting the tribe's fury"? The last time the spear got lost, Rupert was furious, but the others did not seem so concerned. So it doesn't jive that even if the spear gets lost again, the entire tribe would be furious. To me, this sounds more like the Morgan tribe - they have so little already. Say that someone on the tribe loses their ax. They are already at subsistence level, so the loss would be clearly much more detrimental, and I could see this causing a lot of fury at the losee.

09-30-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
30. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
To me, this sounds more like the Morgan tribe - they have so little already.

This is what I've been thinking too yummy. It does sound more like the Morgans than Drakes.

The Morgans are tired, hungry, cold, wet and discouraged. They've lost all the challenges and as they get weaker the Drakes get stronger. Their tempers are set on delicate and even the smallest of mistakes could set them off.

We know that Andrew is most discouraged and probably sees himself as a potential target if he doesn't do something quickly to rally his tribe. But he's also Mr. Ego and would very likely take up against the first person who annoys him to pull focus away from the fact that he's doing a lousey job as "leader".

I think we should start looking at Morgan a little more and see if theres any other indications that they're the ones who "lose" something.

--speculating, spoiling and spewing since 2001

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
What do they have besides candles? A hatchet, another blade of some sort? How are they getting their food? Are they getting food?

Guess I'll go look around, see if someone is keeping track of tribal resources somewhere.

09-30-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
33. "Maybe matches?"
These quotes are from Nicole's webchat about some stuff Morgan got:

Q: What was the best thing someone in your tribe bartered for in the village?
N: I would say it was either the matches or the tarp because we would have been in a lot worse a position without either of those things

Q: What was your best deal made at the village?
N: I was the one that got the beans, the rice, the candles, the lighters, the blankets and the tarp… and the potatoes… with a little help from Ryan O.

09-30-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Trusty Brownroach!"
Good memory, good sleuthing!!

Yea BR!

09-30-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Trusty Brownroach!"
Thanks, T! The matches would make sense to me, if it's Morgan. Basic, but crucial. And easy to lose without knowing where you lost them.

And I remember in S2 when Keith got the matches wet how p.o.ed everyone was.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Also - matches/lighter = warmth"
We heard a lot from Morgan last time about how cold they all were, especially at night - AND how miserable it made them. I can see how many of them would consider that "vital to their survival."

Lizzmac

Opiatesurvivor 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-03, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Opiatesurvivor Click to send private message to Opiatesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Also - matches/lighter = warmth"
If lilliane is booted this week I think she's the older woman who comes back from boot-camp.

09-30-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
34. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-03 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

What if they lost the key to their treasure chest?

Or, if they win the RC, what if their map blows away?

I would think it would be hard to lose the shovel.

Other than that, knives, a lamp, probably some lamp oil, a cooking pot & the rope are the only things I can remember them having.

Oooh, Lil was lighting the fire with a candle, but how did she light the candle? They must have matches or a lighter.

My guess, Andrew blames it on Lil, his sheep follow him, and Lil goes bye-bye.

09-30-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
32. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
I'll bite at this one, too.

I agree with mtopaz that it's not Drake's -- my mistake -- Rupert's spear, because I think everyone but Rupert would be thinking "bfd."

VerucaSalt suggested it could be a piece of the treasure map, which would upset the whole tribe, but the map and the treasure aren't really crucial to Drake's survival.

We don't really know what Morgan values besides the tarp, but they have so little that any kind of implements they have could be considered crucial. Since the item in question is apparently unable to be found and/or retrieved I think it must be a relatively small object.

09-30-03, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
Did I say the map BR? I don't remember saying that - but then I've been saying too much like my usual self

I did think this could be Morgan though b/c it doesn't say which tribe. I still think we are trying to make everything fit to point clearly to such dissent in the Drake tribe which would solidify more them losing IC and someone going bye bye.

The matches are perfect to lose. So now we have red herring all over the darn place. Upheaval at Morgan distracting us from Drake boot or upheaval at Drake distracting us from Morgan boot.

Pick a boot, any boot

09-30-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
39. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
Did I say the map BR?

As a possibility, yes. See post #9 above.

09-30-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
40. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
Pick a boot, any boot

Stop tempting me VS! You know how easily I OT over here and as soon as I saw those words I hit google and tried to find a cool pair of boots to pick. (by the way they were snake skin CFM boots )

Okay, back to the topic at hand, I'm leaning towards the dissent in Drake between Sandra and Jon as the thing with which MB tries to distract us from another Morgan IC lose. I think that Drake once again kicks Morgans ass and goes to TC. THEN MB will have an IC challenge geared towards Morgan winning. SOS challenge anyone? With Morgan going to IC Andrew gets the boot. (work boot, steel toed even!)

--has a story and it sticking to it

09-30-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
41. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
>>I'm leaning towards the dissent in Drake between Sandra and Jon as the thing with which MB tries to distract us from another Morgan IC lose. I think that Drake once again kicks Morgans ass and goes to TC.<<

You read my mind!!!! (stop that, you're making me nervous)

However, I think Lil's gonna get the boot(s)(more biker style, B!tch Boots).

Based on RyanS's comments & what we've seen, Andrew seems to have singled out RS & Lil from the first moment -- & I think his sheep will follow him.

baaaa baaaa baaaa

09-30-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 3 "United We Stand, Divided we ...""
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-03 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-30-03 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

The matches are perfect to lose

The quotes from Nicole were very helpful (thank you Brown Roach!). I guessed that perhaps the ax is lost, but matches sound more easily lost, and therefore more likely. And we've already heard tribe members commenting on how cold they are (especially Osten - who will surely die of pneonomia if the matches are lost).

Thinks Misto is Yummy too!

09-30-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
38. "Osten loses the crucial item? "
The eyemail promo that Munson posted repeats the treasure hunt blurb and the Sandra/Jon tiff blurb, but it doesn't mention the loss of one tribe's crucial item.

Instead, it says:
Already with two fewer tribe members, the Morgan tribe continues to grapple with what tribe members perceive as Osten giving less than 100%.

Now, in the RC caps Osten is battling away in the boat, so it doesn't seem like they'd be worried about his effort in the challenges.

But -- if he lost something crucial to Morgan's survival -- say, their matches (pretty easy for him to do, since he has no pockets) -- they'd be concerned that he was irresponsible and not working hard for the tribe's welfare.

09-30-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Osten loses the crucial item? "
I agree with Misto that Drake wins immunity again, sending Morgan to TC for the third time. I also think that Lil has the greatest chance of being voted off. But I can't get past the first episode and Jiffy's words to the effect "It's not over until it's over" and also Lil's comment that she is "very patient." I keep thinking she will prevail somehow, maybe by a return to the game because another tribe member quits - so the tribe gets to bring back one they have already voted out?

My brain hurts from all this speculation

10-01-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Osten loses the crucial item? "
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-03 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

I went and rewatched Ep. 2 and this is the same exact spot they were walking after returning from the RC challenge and coincidentally after they looked at the map and started walking back, Rupert, Trish, Sandra and Christa were not shown either. While I don't know is this is them returning from RC,I did find it strange it is the exact spot as Ep.2

10-01-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Osten loses the crucial item? "
Good catch.

To me, they don't really look terribly dejected in this cap either -- so it would make sense to me if this is Ep2.

In my fantasy world, Drake stomps Morgan twice again this week--

The challenge caps seem harder to figure out than usual, and they even appear be from one challenge. There were NO challenge caps in the initial "next week..." immediately following Ep2. Now it appears they may have inserted video from Ep2....I think they're hiding another Drake triumph or two.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Osten loses the crucial item? "
>Already with two fewer tribe members, the Morgan tribe continues to grapple with what tribe members perceive as Osten giving less than 100%.

This just has Andrew written all over it. Andrew has been assigning percentages to his tribemates since Ep.1. He complained about Ryan in confessionals and at TC. I can't count the number of times I've heard the guy yapping about percents.

Osten giving "less than 100%" is no doubt the opinion of Andrew. I say the concerns about Osten are misdirection (keep in mind that his lack of effort is merely "perceived" and all tribe members may not agree with this perception). Both Morgan boots were Andrew targets, and I'll betcha Morgan is going to catch on in this episode and set Andrew and his ego sailing off into the sunset.

Also, Andrew fits the nondescript description of "a man," Snewser's third boot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •