The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly is the winner!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikasa 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikasa Click to send private message to mikasa Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly is the winner!"
Mark Burnett is one very smart man. He has thrown us off the track by making up stories in the news about Miss Wigglesworth.
It is not true that she has a warrant for her arrest in grensboro
S.C or was arrested in Las Vegas for spousal abuse. There would be no way she could get a passport to fly to this island. And do you actually think Mark Burnett didn't do a complete background check on everybody. Just like Mark fabricated the Gervase X thing
and the final four pic. This man is brillant and my hat go off to him.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly is the winner! Paulie 08-21-00 1
   RE: Kelly is the winner! RDIheath 08-21-00 2
 Criminal record AyatollahKhomeini 08-21-00 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Paulie 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Paulie Click to send private message to Paulie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly is the winner!"
So Mark Burnett has the power to order the Greensboro and Las Vegas police around and make up two run-ins with the law all to throw people off track? Wow, even if Kelly does not win the million dollars she can get at least that amount in a slander verdict. Get real!

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-00, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly is the winner!"
I have to agree with paulie. If you have ever gotten a passport you would know that the only thing that will hinder you from getting a passport is having a record in regards to anything subversive against the government, i.e wether you have been convicted of anything against the US, espionage, selling sensitive information etc.
A misdemeanor or even felony arrest recorc holds no bearing in her obtaining a passport. Had the warrent been served under an extradition hearing then they could have held her passport application until restitution was made or the extradition order was filed, but in light that they chose NOT to extradite her, it holds no more bearing than a warrent for a ticket ( even being a felony AOT being a misdemeanor)

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-21-00, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Criminal record"
I agree with your pick, mikasa, but not for the same reason. Police reports are public record, and the penalties for falsifying public records are surprisingly stiff. Thus, I think Kelly's Las Vegas arrest has to be genuine. Similarly, arrest warrants are also public records.

Prosecutors usually try to file for the stiffest charge possible, and the prosecutor in this case charged Kelly with $530 of theft ($500 is required for a felony in N.C.). However, Kelly seems to have talked freely about this during her L.V. arrest, but all she admitted to was signing for the Olive Garden meal.

I don't have any specific knowledge here, but I'll bet that Kelly was charged with a felony so that the prosecutor could "generously" bargain it down to a misdemeanor regarding the Olive Garden meal. Instead, faced with prison time and not armed with a lot of knowledge about the justice system, Kelly panicked and ran.

While the U.S. government does background checks on individuals before granting them passports, Kelly's outstanding arrest warrant just isn't serious enough to block her from getting a passport. On the other hand, an outstanding felony arrest warrant for a SERIOUS charge would have been.

MB probably wouldn't have known about the L.V. arrest unless Kelly disclosed it. However, he probably would have known about the N.C. warrant. Wonder if Markie just didn't expect that the blue-collar types would be the winners? I mean, did anyone really think that the middle-aged former chauffeur, the middle-aged truck driver, the young HS dropout, and the retired Navy lifer would be the final four over all the young professionals and college students?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •