The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-24-03, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

Since many have already started speculating about EP3, I thought we could pull together some of the things we have to work with so far, and also identify things we should be looking for while watching EP2...

Pearl Islands Episode 3 Title: “United We Stand, Divided We…?”

It appears the Drake tribe will remain undefeated in EP2 and as a result, remain united. Victory will continue to insulate them from having to make the difficult decisions of alliance building and tribal council voting…the things that begin to divide a tribe. The Drake tribe will be forced to choose sides and target someone to vote out.

The EP3 title sounds like the Drakes Immunity run comes to an end. When faced with a trip to TC, the divisions within the Drake tribe will show themselves. "United we stand, Divided we...?"...go to Tribal Council.

9/3/03 From SNN: The Accidental Tourist

The validity of this report increases with each correct boot...

"Reports to date have helped us identify ousted players. The first to arrive at the Ponderosa is most likely Nicole. She was followed by a tall, skinny male. Our sources weren't sure whether this male was Ryan Shoulders or not. The third arrival is also male. Our information on the early non jury boots also includes an older woman."

The four males on Drake are Rupert, Jon, Shawn and Burton. Burton has had low face time and confessional count, in addition to being rumored to still be in the game around the time of the family visit (always post merge). Shawn is a likeable guy, strong swimmer, and has been edited as one of the co-leaders with Burton. That leaves Rupert and Jon as the likely EP3 boot targets.

The most recent CBS Promo (9/23)…
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_ep2_9_24.html
…also seems to be focusing on Jon and Rupert, laying the groundwork for EP3. Shawn has also been shown in conflict with Rupert in other promos…red herring that he’s behind Jon or foreshadowing that Rupert goes in EP3?

VoiceOver:
Rupert: "I'm wearing a dress"
VO: "And went fishing"
Rupert: "I am loving the position I'm in" VO: "Will he be the Ultimate Survivor?"
Jon: "He's smarter than anyone thinks he is".

So, it appears the divide in the Drake tribe will be between those in the Rupert camp, who would prefer to see Jon leave…(Sandra, Trish, Michelle and Rupert) and those who relate better to Jon…(Burton, Christa, Jon and Shawn).

United they stand, but now they are divided…Rupert or Jon?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? erikman 09-24-03 1
 guess jon cqvenus 09-24-03 2
   RE: guess jon lroy 09-24-03 4
       good thought cqvenus 09-25-03 40
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? cowboyroo 09-24-03 3
   Correction: Rupert, Jon, or Shawn? Krautboy 09-24-03 6
       RE: Correction: Rupert, Jon, or Sh... bebekid 09-26-03 51
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? bebekid 09-24-03 5
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? ParkGirl 09-24-03 7
   JP did NOT say Jon lied! Krautboy 09-25-03 14
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? mistofleas 09-24-03 8
   RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? Krautboy 09-25-03 9
       RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? mistofleas 09-25-03 15
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? cyclehausen 09-25-03 10
   RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? cowboyroo 09-25-03 11
       RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? PepeLePew13 09-25-03 12
           RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? VerucaSalt 09-25-03 13
               RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? tree 09-25-03 16
               RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? cowboyroo 09-25-03 22
           RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? Brownroach 09-25-03 18
 My guess: Rupert Brownroach 09-25-03 17
   Man with a beard... Krautboy 09-25-03 19
       RE: Man with a beard... VerucaSalt 09-25-03 20
       RE: Man with a beard... cowboyroo 09-25-03 23
           RE: Man with a beard... Krautboy 09-25-03 35
       RE: Man with a beard... Brownroach 09-25-03 33
 Another thing to consider... Brownroach 09-25-03 21
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? Jims02 09-25-03 24
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? SurvivorBlows 09-25-03 25
   RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? Krautboy 09-25-03 27
       RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? cowboyroo 09-25-03 28
           RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? Brownroach 09-25-03 29
               RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? mistofleas 09-25-03 30
                   RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? Brownroach 09-25-03 31
               All of my non-spoiler, non-SB frien... anotherkim 09-25-03 36
       RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? SurvivorBlows 09-25-03 32
 RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? KeithFan 09-25-03 26
   RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ? memacmur 09-25-03 34
 Posting from little knowledge, but.... AyaK 09-25-03 37
   RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... LeftPinky 09-25-03 38
   RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... Corvis 09-26-03 45
       RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... Brownroach 09-26-03 46
           RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... Corvis 09-26-03 47
               RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... Brownroach 09-26-03 49
                   RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... Corvis 09-26-03 57
                       RE: Posting from little knowledge, ... Brownroach 09-26-03 58
 The previews for next week point to... bergdogg 09-25-03 39
   RE: The previews for next week poin... Thaibeach 09-26-03 41
       RE: The previews for next week poin... kykate 09-26-03 42
           the treasure chest Loree 09-26-03 52
           RE: The previews for next week poin... frisky 09-26-03 54
               RE: The previews for next week poin... kykate 09-26-03 55
   RE: The previews for next week poin... Brownroach 09-26-03 43
       RE: The previews for next week poin... Loree 09-26-03 53
   RE: The previews for next week poin... big bobby clobber 09-26-03 44
       RE: The previews for next week poin... VerucaSalt 09-26-03 48
 Connections to the big lie? DoodleBug 09-26-03 50
   Rupert gone in next two-three weeks toddE 09-26-03 56

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-24-03, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
looks like the coolest survivor ever will be voted off 3rd. dude finds a spear head in the ocean and steals from the other tribe. i hate when they vote off the interesting people 1st. i bet rupert and ryan raise hell in loser lounge

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-03, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "guess jon"
based on the fact that they described ryan s as tall and skinny, but didn't describe boot 3, that tells me that it wasn't rupert. he's very describable, while jon is kind of generic, so it would be harder. but if -you- saw rupert walk by, you'd have words to describe him. fat hippie dude with a beard? just an example.

- guesses jon will make himself next

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-03, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: guess jon"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-03 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

I agree with you CQ. Since the first two booties were clearly described, you would thing that some sort of description would have accompanied a Rupert vote.

In regards to Jon taking the walk of shame, as he is our biggest contender for the "LIE" i would agree with Cowboyroo that Shawn could be the first off of Drake and the third bootie. Shawn is pretty ordinary looking while Jon's dyes blonde hair may have elicited comments in Latin America.

~lroy

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "good thought"
yeah i still dont have the contestants all straight but after i looked at the pix i think youre right. i would guess shawn or maybe if it's morgan again it could even be the other ryan

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Krautboy,

I agree wholeheartedly with most of your analysis. I would agree that Burton is definitely safe, and that Jon/Rupert are on the chopping block, but I wouldn't be so quick to take Shawn off the list.

In Ep. 1, they made a big deal about the coconut milk that was shared with Burton/Shawn/Michelle.

We saw Christa, Sandra, Rupert, and Trish talk about these guys isolating themself. We've seen in Thailand that cockiness of a tribe after winning several challenges can lead to booting a strong member and thus a tribe falling apart.

We see a huge power struggle going on between Rupert and Shawn.

JP has made statements about Jon that at first he had to keep shutting him up and he eventually learned to deal with him leading me to believe that Jon makes it to at least 3 tribal councils for that to come true. And he also said at first you can't wait to see him go and then grow to root for him. I also think Jon is our "Greatest lie ever told" candidate, so I'd more likely go with a power showdown between Rupert and Shawn.

Rupert has proven himself by bringing home fish for the tribe; Shawn loses the spear gun; Rupert finds it.

If I had to make my bet now, I'd go for Shawn to go in Ep. 3.

09-24-03, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Correction: Rupert, Jon, or Shawn?"
Cowboyroo, you make some good points and I think you're right. It's still a bit to early in the process to rule out Shawn.

I guess I just felt like Shawn and Burton were very buddy-buddy and we have good evidence that Burton lasts a while, I assumed that Shawn would probably last a while yet.

As for the "huge power struggle" between Shawn and Rupert, I think it's a red herring. The latest vidcaps show Rupert and Shawn together appearing more like fishing buddies than rivals...

Also victory has a way of healing all wounds...

In this IC victory shot Rupert and Shawn seem to have left their power struggle behind...

EP2 will provide a lot more information to help sort this out, but you're right, we shouldn't overlook Shawn...

Krautboy

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-26-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Correction: Rupert, Jon, or Shawn?"
>Also victory has a way of
>healing all wounds...
>
>In this IC victory shot Rupert
>and Shawn seem to have
>left their power struggle behind...

This was actually BURTON and Rupert.

I am beginning to lean towards Shawn as a boot possibility. I THINK Jon may have been referring to Shawn in his Insider confessional when he said "that guy gets my vote". And the Christa/Michelle so called rivalry with Shawn that Jon also spoke about.

Should be a fun week trying to figure this out!

A Kyngsladye Original

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Just a quick thought:

United we Stand, Divided we...throw an Immunity challenge?

They would only want to if there was already division in the tribe. I mean, they may not set out to lose, but by day 8 or day 9, if someone is getting on your nerves, you might welcome the chance to get rid of that person.

I would say Jon's profanity and obnoxiousness would put him waaay ahead of Blackbeard who can bring in the fish. But logic doesn't always rule on Survivor.

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-24-03, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
If we are looking at a possible Jon #3 bootee, then shouldn't we also be looking for clues about the BIG LIE in EP2?

09-25-03, 09:15 AM (EST)
14. "JP did NOT say Jon lied!"
In the "Big Lie" thread, VerucaSalt posted information about a retraction from the reporter who had previously misquoted JP...

"VG from Sucks:
Just as a follow-up, the reporter confirms that he misquoted Jeff as saying that Jon was the liar. Jeff did not say that.

Jon could be the liar. Someone else could be the liar. Jeff did not say that Jon was the liar.

That is all.

And so the liar is NOT necessarily Jon"

So, any speculation about Jon being booted or not should be based on the other information and quotes, ignoring the quote from JP naming Jon as the liar...

Krautboy

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Personally I see Shawn as a much more likely candidate to be our #3 boot. My reasoning is:

1) As CQ said, since the Accidental Tourist info gave descriptions of both Nicole and Ryan S. I have a hard time imagining that there wouldn't also be a description of someone as, well descriptive as Rupert. Big, hairy, bearded...whichever even one of those words would make me feel more confident.

2) I'm still hearing JP's quote that says that the survivors learned not to vote off the strong people first. We've seen that already in Morgan with the Nicole boot and the most likely booted Ryan S. While there are a lot of strong people on Morgan the "all round" strong person there is Rupert. He's not only physically strong, he's a key provider. He's relating well with the woman too. I think he sticks around a little bit longer.

3) Jon, while obnoxious, is getting on with the guys AND if he's key in winning the immunity challenge (which I have no proof of but my instinct tell me he is) he'll be proving himself a worthy asset for future tribe challenges. As well as the JP quote that while at first you wanted him booted, he grows on you and you start to root for him. We haven't seen him enough to root for him yet. I also believe he's either the source of or a key player in the Big Lie. EP2 is too be seeing it play and EP3 is too soon for it to play out. I think he's here until at least the merge (or switch, or twist...blah..blah...blah)

and D) Shawn on the other hand is expendable. Burton is kind of a leaderish leader, Rupert the strong provider and Jon strong and wiley. Shawn is the only one that doesn't have a "nitch" so to speak. He'll try to make out like he's a big part of providing but if he in fact loses the spearhead and Rupert puts out the extraordinary effort and actually finds it (in an ocean with strong currents no less!) Shawn can be lost with little consequence.

Those are just a few quick thoughts. I'm tired and I have another migraine so forgive me if the post is muddled. I'll come back and clarify or change if need be.

Oh and Krautboy honey, you haven't said anything about my marriage proposal yet!

09-25-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
9. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
*blushing*

Misto, this isn't really appropriate for spoilers, is it?

Would I have to call you Honey? I'm not quite sure I understand how that would work? Does that mean your husband would be my brother-in-law?

You're probably way too much red-head for a german boy to handle...

Definately inappropriate for spoilers...

*still blushing*

Krautboy

09-25-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
OT moment:

I'll just have to get you over to OT then won't I?

Back to spoiling. I'll try to be a good girl!

--can be taken out of OT but the OT can't be taken out of her

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-25-03, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
I think Morgan get pagonged HARD. They will lose the third challenge as well, causing "division" in the tribe. No more uniting under Andrew - and they boot his butt out.

09-25-03, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
This is yet another option...Good Call Cycle...

United We Stand (and win the Reward Challenge), Divided, we go back to tribal council AGAIN

The remaining males on Morgan are Osten, Ryan O, and Andrew, giving that Ryan S does go in Episode 2.

If Snewser is right, Ryan O and Andrew could both be nondistinct males, that would fit the category "male" for the third bootee.

After Ryan S is gone, Tijuana and Darrah might see that after Lillian, they'd be next so they come up with a plan to break up the boyband alliance. There are no spoilers that Ryan O or Andrews go far in the game, actually rumors to the opposite. If Andrew is as hard on Osten for wanting to quit as he was on Ryan S, it is possible that Osten would switch sides and vote with the girls and do a Maraamu and ditch the leader.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Not only that, but as I outlined in the "Nicole Web Chat" thread, I get the impression that she didn't get to know any of the Drake people other than Rupert. So if Rupert isn't the boot in episode 3, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Andrew or Ryan O.

From the way Nicole made it sound, it could be 5 Morgan, 1 Drake in LoserLodge at the traditional merge of 10 -- Andrew, Ryan O and Tijuana to follow Ryan S., leaving Osten, Lillian and Darrah to survive under my scenario.

Nicole mentions that Rupert is a teddybear 'once you hear him talk' - when did she hear him talk? Don't think he would sound like a teddybear during the first IC if at all she heard him. No mention of other Drakes, so I think Rupert is the one that goes before Jon.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Just agreeing with some points. I don't think we should confine ourselves to just two males. In one extent or another, any of the males could be going. There was enough negativity vibe for all of them, least of them Rupert from the women.

I also agree with the posting that for the description of the person just being "male" seems strange considering the vivid description of the second male. Why no "big male with beard" or just "big male" They made sure to say sickly thin, tall or whatever it was. That makes me a little unsure it would be Rupert along with the fact that these women seem to be pretty okay with Rupert and they certainly see what he does for the tribe.

Jon, Shawn and Burton, however, have already emitted some head shaking from most of the women so this could be a tight vote. I Obviously the men would have good reason so I don't rule out Rupert.

As far as the lie note this please:

From VolcanicGlass posted at SS
Just as a follow-up, the reporter confirms that he misquoted Jeff as saying that Jon was the liar. Jeff did not say that.
(VG opinion)Jon could be the liar. Someone else could be the liar. Jeff did not say that Jon was the liar. That is all.

So Jon may NOT be the liar or he COULD be the liar. If Rupert does go, it just appears to me anyway it would be the result of someone lying about him to make a majority vote him out and the liar could be anyone or it may not be any of Drake. I just am suspicious of such a vague description for someone like Rupert when both the first two boots were described UNLESS there is a reason that the description was not given but I don't know how the conversations with the source came about.

I think we may need to explore all of them as possibilites although my gut tells me it is a Drake male going.

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
I wouldn't count Rupert out simply b/c Snewser's description of the third person as 'male' while the other two descriptions were more specific. Snewser cites 'sources', plural. The source for the third boot is not necessarily the same as the source for the first two. Or perhaps the source had less info on the third boot for some reason.

I hope it isn't Rupert, though.

tree

09-25-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Veruca,

You may be onto something that the lie could cause Rupert to "walk the plank", which would be irony in that Rupert in Ep. 1 said this is a pirate themed Survivor so lie, steal, etc to win. Then we see him giving the stolen shoes to Shawn. What a good spin for Jon to use the lying to save himself and get Rupert booted for his own strategy.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Nicole mentions that Rupert is a teddybear 'once you hear him talk'

It's in the interview here.

There's nothing of much interest except the exchange Pepe mentions:

Haber: Listen everybody is talking about... we talked to Jeff Probst last week... huh.. about Rupert... he's going to be the cat that we that we all like watching. What is your take on him?

Nicole: He was a scary guy before I heard his voice but once you hear him talk he just sounds like a big sweetheart...

Haber: Teddybear?

Nicole: Yeah. I didn't get to know anybody on the island very well least of all people from Drake.

That last sentence seems like a non sequitur. She sounds like she's backpedaling, pretending she didn't get to know anyone (such as Rupert?). In another interview wendyp posted, Nicole says this by way of contrast:

"...it was a good thing because I got to have a great vacation because of it with fun people.
RA ~ Where did you go? Are you sequestered the whole time, did you sit around and play cards?
N ~ No (to being sequestered ) We got to travel all around Panama ~ white water rafting, horseback riding...

09-25-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "My guess: Rupert"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 12:15 PM (EST)

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread is that Rupert appears to spend a lot of time alone and/or away from the tribe.

We have seen him doing stuff with others around camp, but in Ep 1 he was gone quite awhile catching all those fish. His sunburn and state of exhaustion was commented on by tribemembers, but not in a particularly solicitous way.

Tonight there is the probability that he is the one sent-- or maybe he volunteers for the task -- to raid the Morgan camp, giving Shawn enough time to "usurp", and lose, the spearhead while he's gone.

We know Rupert confronts Shawn about the spearhead and decides to find it at all costs, because without it his self-appointed role in the tribe is down the tubes. So again he goes off by himself to look for the spear. Presumably it's going to take him awhile to find it, giving Shawn more time to complain about Rupert's prima donna attitude to the rest of the tribe.

Spending a lot of time alone is never a good tactic early in the game. It gives others the chance to get together and talk about you, which they will. Even when Ted started going off by himself late in S5, it was commented on.

Jon may be disliked more by the women (definitely by Sandra according to Marcopolo's transcript), but the women are likely to keep quiet and let the outspoken males steer the direction of the boot for the first TC, imo. And Jon is "squirrely" enough to stay out of the fray and let Rupert and Shawn (and possibly Burton) take center stage.

As an aside, Jon saying that Rupert is "smarter than the others think" makes me believe Jon would want Rupert out. Jon thinks he himself is cagey, and probably feels he can manipulate clueless himbos Burton and Shawn later on, while Rupert might be more difficult to control.

Anyway -- Drake tribal dynamics we've seen thus far, and the hindsight afforded by 6 previous series, makes me lean toward Rupert getting the boot for being against the grain of the tribe. I don't think the Accidental Tourist spoiler's lack of a description for the male booted third means anything. The description they received of Nicole wasn't accurate to a fault.

**edited because I used a word incorrectly (I think).

09-25-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
19. "Man with a beard..."
Possible supporting evidence...

The Panamavacation spoiler stated that while on vacation he heard that the final two were women, one older and one younger, and that the third person was a man with a beard.

Could it be that his source was talking about the third person voted out rather than the third person left at the end?

If the source was trying to recall memorable people Rupert would certainly stick in a casual observers memory.

I'm in the Rupert camp at the moment

Krautboy

09-25-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Man with a beard..."
Interesting KB, darn I feel like we are relieving the ChillOne experience all over again with the language/local situation Could they mean third one voted out but why say it after saying the last two were women. Very confusing.

I think we will have a better opportunity to see which male in Drake may have vulnerability after tonight. As of now, Rupert would not be my pick; that could change after tonight's episode, especially if the lie comes from Drake camp and somehow involves him (although if the lie is simply about this whole spear thing, I'd be severely disappointed - grrr)

09-25-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Man with a beard..."
I think the "man with a beard" as the 3rd person could refer to anyone by that point in the game. People are doubting its Osten because they'd say the black man, but Osten looks like a Panamanian, so they most likely wouldn't refer to another dark skinned person as dark skinned, they would however notice a beard.

It would seem odd to clump the last two standing and the third booted in the same statement.

However the new preview that focuses on Rupert makes him a more likely boot candidate for me for Ep. 3. He's a character and they are going to milk that for all its worth while they can.

09-25-03, 06:41 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Man with a beard..."
Cowboy, I like your explanation the best, and the actual quote posted by BR below makes it unlikely they were talking about the EP3 boot as the man with a beard...eventhough I think he does.

Krautboy

09-25-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Man with a beard..."
KB, is this an exact quote from somewhere in the Panamavacation thread? I was just looking at it again and the first time she mentioned it she said

I also heard that the last one kicked off before the F2 was a man with a beard.

09-25-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
21. "Another thing to consider..."
...is -- if Drake does lose the IC in EP 3, is someone seen as responsible for that?

They'd be coming off three, possibly four, challenge wins in a row. If someone appears to start crapping out during the challenges in EP 3, that person could become a primary target.

Hopefully the previews will help us piece details together.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
It just depends on when The.Greatest.Lie.Ever happens, since Jon obviously has to be around when it happens.

If we get a teaser at the end of tonight's episode about a lie, then we can start making assumptions. If it's not in the episode teaser, Jon's not the Ep3 boot.

Also, IMO, I don't think our source who knew Ep3 boot is male, actually SAW the bootee. There's usually SOMETHING about the people that they can describe. Remember the "muscular guy in the F2" in S6?

They could've said "a brown/blond haired guy" for instance.

A 2003 IceCat original

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

I'm not saying Rupert won't go pre-jury, but based on the fact that CBS pretty much gave him his own "solo" promo this week, I don't think it's likely he goes in Ep3.

...the last time I can remember a single Survivor getting his own personal promo to such a degree was with S4's "Robfather" -- who didn't go for another 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly.

-SB

09-25-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
27. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Didn't Hunter also get a lot of promo time just prior to his early demise?

Krautboy

09-25-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
28. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Krautboy,

Hunter did, but no one other than the RobFather to my knowlege hasa gotten a promo all to themself, even Robfather's several weeks of them weren't as Ruperty as this one.

09-25-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
29. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

It seems odd for MB to jam anyone down the viewers' throats with a solo promo after only one episode has aired. I agree with Keith Fan that MB wants to milk his Blackbeard for all it's worth, and he has precious little time to do it in.

09-25-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Well the Robfadder did take a few episodes before really getting a "hook" so to speak and thus doing things that MB could promote in a solo promo.

Rupert on the other hand has already been very colorful and distinctive enough in his personality AND his actions that MB would take advantage.

I'm not saying the it's completely out that Rupert goes EP 3 or EP4, I'm just saying that it's possible MB knows a good audience puller when he sees one.

--still thinks Shawn should / could go EP3

09-25-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
31. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
Okay, you have a point, Superspoilerwoman.

By the way, here's the complete audio for the promo; the first couple of lines were omitted in the early postings of it:

VO: Rupert jumped into the Survivor game
Rupert: "This is a pirate adventure. Hahaha"
Rupert: "I would steal."
VO: Cast off his clothes
Rupert: "I'm wearing a dress"
VO: And went fishing
Rupert: "I am loving the position I'm in"
VO: Will he be the Ultimate Survivor?
Jon: "He's smarter than anyone thinks he is".

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "All of my non-spoiler, non-SB friends"
LOVE Rupert. Every single one of them. They are betting/hoping he will win it all. No way that MB hasn't picked up on that and will ride it as long as he can.

Rupert was the only one who really piced on the pirate theme and ran with it last week. He's the perfect center of attention.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--shawn or burton....ditch 'em

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

I personally don't remember Hunter having anything remotely like the solo promo that Rupert has had this week, but perhaps it's just me. The promo doesn't just "give Rupert alot of promo time"," RUPERT IS THE PROMO. I've only seen it twice, but as far as I remember, other than John's comment (on Rupert) at the end of it, I don't remember seeing anyone else in the promo.

One thing that might be worth noticing is that in S5 and S6, CBS ran a lot of those pre-premiere promos that featured spotlights on 3-4 contestants at a time. I don't remember any of those this year... so perhaps this inseason "solo promo" is perhaps a sign of things to come as far as this season's inseason promo approach

Hell, it beats seeing another promo for "The Handler" -- if I had a nickel for every time that damn oromo comes on...

-SB

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
The previews for E2 are all about Rupert aka Blackbeard. Unfortunately, I believe that CBS is getting as much milage out of him while they can, hoping viewers will keep on watching him after his demise.

I'm in the E3 Rupert camp too. (Sob)

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: EP3: Rupert or Jon ?"
I have to agree - all signs point to Rupert being used as much as possible while he's still around, and then he's toast.

But just to raise another question - we all know how much MB loves to use animals symbolically as representing contestants - they had a picture of a nasty, probably poisionous spider weaving a web (of lies and deceit, no doubt). I know Rupert was the character seen before the spider, but can't remember who it was that they showed after. If it was Shawn, I think that could seal the deal. Shawn = spider, Rupert = bitten Loser Lodge resident. If it wasn't Shawn, I'm still curious!!!

MEmacmur

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Posting from little knowledge, but..."
...I noticed something very odd in the news stories. Jeff made a point of talking about how much he hated Jon Dalton but then said that he grudgingly learned to respect Jon as a good game-player (I can find you the articles if you're interested). I can't imagine him grudgingly respecting Jon if Jon went in E3.

There's no way that I can add two and two -- the Rupert solo promo clip and Jeff's grudging respect for Dalton -- and not come up with four: somehow Dalton gets rid of Rupert instead of getting tossed himself. Add that to the fact that Rupert seems to be just about the only member of the other tribe that Nicole knows, plus the "Divided We ..." title, and it all fits.

It may be wrong, but it all fits!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-25-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
I can't help following that logic, sad as it is. Jon was significantly less displayed in ep. 2, so perhaps all of the crap shown about him from ep. 1 was to lead us into believing that he goes first from the Drake. Rupert didn't win any extra friends this week in Shawn and his alliance either.

MB isn't stupid, if the non-spoiling community loves Rupert (as I do), you've got to put him BIG in the previews to generate viewership. Then hope the ongoing story keeps them watching long after Rupert meets his demise. I'm going with a Rupert boot for next week (at least right now - I can always change my mind - AGAIN)...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
Hi AyaK -

I would remind you of Robb from Survivor 4. Jeff threw out a comment about a guy who was the despondent underdog who we end up rooting for. I remember passionately arguing that because we were sure Robb was that despondent underdog and we hadn't seem him be despondent yet, he could go in episode 6. Episode 6 rolls around and in the space of one episode he gets despondent, turns it around and by the time they vote him out, we're rooting for him.

My point is the same thing could happen with Jon. He's really annoying and then turns it around by the end of episode, but it's still not enough to save him.

Corvis

09-26-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
While the "despondent underdog" scenario could have been applied to Robb's one episode (I myself thought it was Robb), it became obvious later that JP had been talking about Jake, the last of the Sook Jai. That scenario did play out over several episodes.

09-26-03, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
Huh? I never heard that. Did Jeffy actually say that? I thought I remembered comments from him making it clear it was Robb he had been referring to.

Corvis

09-26-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
As far as I know, JP never said who it was, so, okay, maybe I shouldn't presume. But ultimately it fit Jake better: he got depressed at voting Erin out, but perked up and tried to work angles to get back in the game. Robb never got an opportunity to get back in it.

09-26-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
I remember why I didn't think it was Jake! Because the first part of the quote included the word "cocky" and Jake never really came across as cocky (while Robb, of course, did).

I suppose it doesn't matter all that much who he was referring to. The main point I was trying to make is that they can and did edit a lot of character growth in one episode. This could happen with Jon, and so I think jumping to the conclusion that he can't be gone because of Jeffy's comments is risky.

Corvis

09-26-03, 04:54 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Posting from little knowledge, but..."
I figured he meant Jake was cocky about having picked a young, strong tribe. But you're right, it doesn't matter.

And I agree that they can do a lot with a person in one episode. But Robb was focused on as a character before his boot episode -- he figured prominently in Ep 1 and several others, with his and Shii Ann's mutual hostility.

Jon's had little screen time and no focus so far. He'd have to be developed as a character almost from scratch and then "redeemed" all in one episode. That seems unlikely to me.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "The previews for next week point to Jon"
After watching the preview for next week, I am thinking that we will get enough of Jon from episode three to say that we have had enough of him, thus voting him out. For a group of Americans, Jon would be a regular looking guy. Then again, so would Shawn.

I honestly don't see Rupert going anytime soon. There is really no good reason other than a possible jealousy. Rupert already has Christa on his side (as her comments about Shawn being a pussy shows), and since Christa is on his side, and we know she last a little while, the signs seem to point more towards Rupert being the bearded man in the final 3.

It looks like Jon, with Shawn thrown in as a possible shock outing.

Minnesota sports: Proving the underdogs can truly succeed!!!

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-03, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
Have to agree with Bergdogg. Right now, the Morons seem so incompetent that I cannot imagine them winning an IC, but the Ep3 title does make it seem so.

For Drake, if given a choice between Jon (a p*ssy in challenges from what I've seen; "entertaining" in his own mind but not many others') and Rupert (food provider and major help in challenges) - seems like Jon is the obvious choice to go.

Votes against Jon: Christa, Rupert, Sandra (she sure does sound p*ssed in the previews), Trish, possibly Michelle (I think she and Christa are tighter than we've seen)

Votes against Rupert: Shawn & Burton because they are p*ssies (amen Christa!) and seem to not be able to get over their jealousy at being shown up as such by Blackbeard; and Jon (he's not gonna vote for himself).

If Jon is the "Big Lie" perp, it's going to have to be some lie for him to succeed in getting rid of Rupert when he's the more obvious choice (with Shawn as next most deserving.

I cannot imagine what such a BL could be - I have a feeling there's a "Big BS" moment coming, courtesy of CBS.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
I agree that for Jeff to change his point of view so drastically about Jon that Jon will be staying around for at least a little while. Jeff even used the words "start rooting for him".

Rupert may go, but I think Shawn has not shown himself in the best light and from the Christa "p..sy" remark, he is not as popular as he seems. I believe if Drake loses IC, Shawn is the vulnerable one.

As far as big lie, I posted on another thread, but could it have something to do with someone finding the treasure chest and then lying about it? Jeff does say the contestants won't know until they watch the shows. It would be brilliant and brutal, particularly since Jeff said in E2 that it contains items that will make everything much easier for everyone. If that was food, the liar would have a huge advantage.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "the treasure chest"
I suppose someone could find the treasure chest alone and not tell the others but eat some food from the chest. Then when this person realizes they are in trouble of getting the boot they act like the hero and pretend to just find the chest. Everyone is grateful and keep them around. Nobody realizes till watching the show that this person found the chest days earlier and was eating some of the provisions alone.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
>I agree that for Jeff to change his point of view so drastically about Jon that Jon will be staying around for at least a little while. Jeff even used the words "start rooting for him".

History shows that we *can* go through the whole "feeling wheel" in one episode, though.

Remember a piece of Thai misdirection when cBS said one survivor would be extremely cocky, then despondent, then we'd be "cheering him on." Remember Robbbb?

He started out an idiot, then got sloppy drunk and despondent the night before his boot, and the remainder of the episode was a Robbb love fest.

Proves that not a lot of time has to elapse before MB wraps up the village idiot in a nice big red bow and sails him off into the sunset.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
That's true, frisky, as far as what WE are shown. But we're talking about Jeff's "feelings" here, and it may take a while for him to build up respect. Just a thought.

09-26-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
43. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-03 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

(as her comments about Shawn being a pussy shows)

My immediate reaction to Christa's comment was that it was an attempt at misdirection, since Shawn didn't really get any other negative editing in the spear incident -- he reacted rationally to Rupert's little tantrum.

Rupert's editing came off as a combination of positive (he didn't complain too long) and negative ("MY spear!"). I thought Christa's comment was thrown in for balance.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
I thought Rupert's possesive claim of the spear was not a smart remark on his part. It is suppose to belong to the tribe, not him personally. People will remember that and use it against him. Also the cameras seemed to be showing Shawn dragging the spear on the bottom while he was walking in the water. Then we hear him telling about losing the spear while working hard and fishing. But didn't he just lose it because he was dragging it around. His story didn't seem true.

big bobby clobber 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20bobby%20clobber Click to send private message to big%20bobby%20clobber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
Remember that the previews are selected by MB, and often do not relate in a significant way to what actually happens on the show. If the previews are showing that Jon and Rupert are vulnerable, then they are probably safe, though they are involved in some "drama".

I think Andrew may be more vulnerable than anyone on Drake at this point. Being the self and tribe appointed leader he has not done a great job. Now that Morgan has lost 3 challenges and possibly 2 more next week, the mood may be ripe for a mutiny, in true pirte fashion.

There are no weight loss spoilers for Andrew; Munson has reported the opposite, that he didn't lose weight, and when he came back he "looked good". At 9 unshaven days into the game, I expect he would qualify as a "man with a beard".

The previews are useful for the images and clues they provide, but not necessarily for the themes MB tries to develop to hook the viewers. Focusing on Jon and Rupert may be classic misdirection, by the master misdirector.

09-26-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
48. "RE: The previews for next week point to Jon"
I still, after watching last night, can't commit to Rupert or Jon as being the ONLY two. Any of them (if they are going to TC) are vulnerable to a degree. However I do lean more towards Jon as a whole.

Shawn has exposed himself as someone who is not conducive to including his whole tribe, can be careless also and while strong, he is not the ONLY strong person (unlike Macho Osten but that is a whole other story). The whole coconut milk thing, what is up with that lol

Rupert did say my spear but I believe (correct me if mistaken) he had said we found it to the tribe. Honestly I truly believe that if MB finds an amazing, colorful person he will promote them because there is just so much en masse and he knows the audience will enjoy it; either bad OR good. So personally I'm not ready to believe the editing is showing us The Rupert Show necessarily to hand him over as the next boot.

Jon - He, again, was the least working in the challenge. He is under the impression his humor is enough to sustain him and actually believes he is found funny. We are hearing differently. His contributions are less than stellar and his one strength (or so he believes) is not very strong.

Burton - not quite as shown as Shawn to me anyway but they are so darn interchangeable at times. Strong but again others are as well but seemingly could be a little less vulnerable than Shawn but that is SOLELY a vibe from me.

I still have more tweaking to do though

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "Connections to the big lie?"
I'm leaning toward Rupert getting voted out next week.

Rupert's storyline seems like it is coming to an end. Although very colorful, he has been getting a LOT of face time lately.

The previews for Ep. 3 makes it look like Jon is in trouble, which is probably mis-direction. Jon has not gotten a lot of face time but has had many comments made about him in interviews (especially from Jeff). I think his storyline is just beginning.

Could the big lie be told in Episode 3 which leads to Rupert's exit? Could Jon make up a lie about Rupert in an effort to save his own butt? Jon has said his strategy is to stir things up and watch it all happen. I think we will see it in Ep. 3.

Jeff also mentioned that this is a game in which you don't want to vote out the strong people first (I think I read that somewhere). The title states: "United we stand, divided we....". I think personality conflicts will divide this tribe, rumors are going to start flying, lies will be told in an effort to save themselves, and in the end, the strongest player will be voted out.

My other theory is that a few tribe members throw the immunity challenge in hopes of getting rid of Jon. Unfortunately the plan backfires, and Rupert receives more votes

A Kyngsladye Original

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "Rupert gone in next two-three weeks"
"Robbfather" got two weeks as the "Star," as did Ghandia, so I think the heavy Rupert focus, if patterns hold, indicates he goes in two weeks, three max. Shawn would seem most likely for next ep. OTOH, RobbZ the dumb guy from AZ in Thailand, did his whole arc in one single episode, so Rupert could go next week, but signs most seem to indicate an Episode 4 adios to everyone's favority furball.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •