The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Riagain 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riagain Click to send private message to Riagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
According to many posts I've read, the F2 is supposed to be two women -- one younger (who wins) and one older (who "comes back from the dead" to take second). A lot of "spoilers" immediately pegged Darrah (who is 22) as the younger woman who wins, with Lillian/Trish coming in second.

In the wake of the "betting scandal" (i.e., an unusually high number of pre-EP1 bets placed on one contestant reported to live near Vancouver, which would seem to describe Sandra), though, I haven't seen much discussion regarding whether Sandra (who is 29) is more likely to be the younger woman who wins.

How credible is the initial evidence/speculation that Darrah -- rather than Sandra -- is the winner? Likewise, does the weight of the evidence/speculation garnered to date favor Lillian or Trish as the runner up?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish TeamJoisey 09-24-03 1
   RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish bebekid 09-24-03 2
   RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Riagain 09-24-03 3
       RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Brownroach 09-24-03 4
           RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish TeamJoisey 09-24-03 10
               RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Brownroach 09-24-03 12
       Sandra bebekid 09-24-03 5
           RE: Sandra PepeLePew13 09-24-03 14
 Big Lill/Trish survivorscott 09-24-03 6
 RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish cyclehausen 09-24-03 7
   RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish VerucaSalt 09-24-03 8
       RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Brownroach 09-24-03 9
           RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish smrtNsassybnkr 09-24-03 11
               RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Brownroach 09-24-03 13
                   RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish bebekid 09-24-03 15
                       RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Brownroach 09-24-03 16
 RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish Debster 09-24-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-24-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Add this to the stew...

Young Darrah (22) & older Sandra (29)?

Snewser knows more about Darrah than he is letting on, but our own bebekid uncovered the fact that Darrah gets a family visit. Uusually you have to be in the final 6 or 7 to be eligible.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-24-03, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
>Snewser knows more about Darrah than
>he is letting on,

So true. Darrah is listed LAST on his scorecard, and that's no accident. My little spoiler about the loved one visit was just further confirmation for what he already knew.

>our own bebekid uncovered the
>fact that Darrah gets a
>family visit. Uusually you have
>to be in the final
>6 or 7 to be
>eligible.

I'm glad I belong to Blows! And *I* am not claiming that Darrah is one of the final 2, just that she lasts long enough to get a visit from her boyfriend, which is probably final 6 or 7. And Sandra may last that long as well. I like Sandra, just not if she's up against Darrah!

Riagain 4 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riagain Click to send private message to Riagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Team Joisey,

Add this to the stew...
>
Young Darrah (22) & older Sandra (29)?
>
I was actually thinking the same thing! I can see Sandra being described as EITHER "younger/older," depending upon the observer's age/viewpoint.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-03, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
I think Sandra would be remembered and described as a Latina first and foremost. I don't think she's part of the F2 configuration Snewser is proposing.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-24-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
I think Sandra would be remembered and described as a Latina
first and foremost.

Since those doing the remembering are Latin Americans, perhaps Sandra's ethnic background was unremarkable.
For instance, I can imagine them describing Lill as a red-haired woman, or Christa as a blonde woman. Trish would be an older woman and Michelle and Darrah would be young women. Tijuana would be a black woman. How would a Panamanian describe Sandra?

I really don't know. But I think the fact that she's a Latina might be more remarkable to us, since none have been cast previously. To a Panamanian, she's perhaps just another person. Old or young depends upon the observer, and who she's compared against.

I don't think she's part of the F2 configuration Snewser is proposing.

I agree that she is not part of Snewser's final 2. But she is part of somebody's final 2, or there wouldn't be those bets.

Do I think Sandra makes the final 2? Probably not. I'm just playing devil's advocate and moving the discussion along.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

09-24-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Since those doing the remembering are Latin Americans, perhaps Sandra's ethnic background was unremarkable.

Unremarkable to them maybe, but I think the Panamanians (boy that word is hard to type!) would be thinking that the show's cast and production crew had been mostly "typical" Americans, and the people asking the spoiling questions were "typical" Americans as well.

Therefore the fact that Sandra was Latina (and spoke Spanish) would be the simplest way to distinguish her from all the "typical" Americans (who couldn't speak Spanish).

09-24-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Sandra"
It's my opinion that Sandra was not given a winner's editing in the first episode. The very first confessional was her saying "Oh s**t".

Check out IvoryElephant's episode 1 analysis, and combine that with other spoilers that we have, and I really don't think Sandra is the winner or even final 2.

That said, I really enjoyed her no-nonsense confessionals. I hope she sticks around for a while, as long as she doesn't get in the way of Darrah winning.

Not that I'm biased

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sandra"

>That said, I really enjoyed her no-nonsense confessionals.
>I hope she sticks around for a while, as long as she
>doesn't get in the way of Darrah winning.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 'narrator' usually get booted before the finale? I don't remember someone put into place as 'narrator' from the get-go lasting all the way to the end. (then again I haven't always paid full attention to who's narrated for how long, etc.)

TeamJoisey... you're forgetting about Yesenia (Jessie) Camacho, who was also a Latin-American. But I agree... the Panamanians (you're right, BR, it's tough to type out) will say that Sandra is 'one of us' or a 'Latina' before they'd identify her as an older/younger type.

FWIW, she looks to be quite older in my mind than 29, so who's to say that she won't appear much older a la Tina after a number of episodes starving on the island?

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-24-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Big Lill/Trish"
Trish was the early leader in this speculation. I have a feeling it may not be her because of audition.video profile. She said that she will keep going even if she has to keep coming back (or something to that effect). I am wondering if this was foreshadowing on Mark's part or where everyone assumed she was the one who came back?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-24-03, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
I don't care if she IS 29, Sandra LOOKS old. That's all I'm sayin'.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
If for not the fact that I would assume the locals would describe Sandra as Hispanic or Latino or speaking their language, I would place Bodogg bets she is the older woman.

For one, no way did I think she was 29 and compared to people like Christa, Michelle, etc. I would coin her "older" woman (and we know how relative that is) I thought she was the same age as Trish if I didn't know any better. Lillian OTOH is bar none the eldest looking

Second, the QE/Wezzie thread stated the older woman was leader of her boat and went to the market place more than once or something like that. Sandra would be my pick in a heartbeat to send back to the market (if that even happens) or if they are referring to the one time they were there and just meant she came back to THEIR stall or what have you. The woman was born to shop there and she did appear to be leading them completely at that time.

Unfortunately, I WOULD describe her as Latino or the older woman who spoke Spanish so unfortunately I don't think it is her but she would fit the bill in the other aspects to me anyway.

09-24-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Wezzie said the locals she talked to only spoke Spanish and admitted her own Spanish isn't very good, so I think a fair amount could have been misinterpreted on either side.

She did apparently say that Trish was the woman in question before she edited her post -- whether the locals pointed to a picture of her or what, I'm not sure.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-24-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Some food for thought............
I believe that Weezie stated that she printed the pics of the survivors the day they were released and locals DID point to Trish as the one who had returned to the marketplace.

My question is, could Trish have returned AFTER Lillian was returned to the game? Perhaps Trish wanted to return to visit the village before going on her LL vacation?

The village people may have thought she was getting supplies for her tribe, but perhaps, she was buying souvineers to take home with her???????

09-24-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
I believe that Weezie stated that she printed the pics of the survivors the day they were released

She did say that and said the locals pointed to pictures of Jon and Shawn (I just don't remember if she said Trish also because that part was taken out).

the one who had returned to the marketplace.

This is where I think details may have been mixed up. As VS says, they could have meant she went back to one of the stores more than once during the initial (and only?) visit to the village.

The village people may have thought she was getting supplies for her tribe, but perhaps, she was buying souvineers to take home with her???????

That's another possibility, but then I would assume the twist had already happened and she was out of the game for good.

Another thought -- maybe while the bootees were at Loser Lodge they were occasionally allowed to accompany staffers on trips to the village, to relieve the monotony. If so, maybe Trish went more often than others.

09-24-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
>If so, maybe Trish went more often than others.

Ummm, yeah, so she could she the woman who wanted her eyes.

Seriously, that's a good possibility. Do we know how past LL or jurists have spent their time after they were booted? Would it be too risky to let them explore the village?

09-24-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
I wasn't gonna mention the shopkeeper, bebekid.

If it's true about the exercise regimen, etc., the early boots were forced to undertake, I doubt they'd be allowed to just go exploring on their own. MB'd want to monitor them, making sure they didn't eat or drink the wrong things, etc.

But it was also said they were allowed to row boats around the island. So I just thought maybe they were permitted a chaperoned trip to the village on occasion too.

Debster 9 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debster Click to send private message to Debster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Darrah/Sandra & Lillian/Trish"
Please correct me if I'm wrong...isn't the winner usually announced on the live telecast? I can understand leaks on the final 2 but the winner? Unless they are changing the final this year. Yikes! Did that make sense? I confuse myself sometimes.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •