The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"hiding Darrah"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-23-03, 05:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"hiding Darrah"
Hmm...
2 things about Darrah:

1. She was barely shown at all. She had 1 confessional, she discovered the snake was just a palm frond, and was shown carrying stuff and observing. We know that her strategy is to play UTR, but that she was also edited as such makes me think that she is being saved. (I can't believe that a beautiful 22 year old woman with a lot of hunting experience can stay down there forever) It would seem from this underexposure that she will play a part later in the game, not now. She's not an early boot.

2. The first shot of the survivors in the opening is an INCREDIBLE slow-motion shot of Darrah leaping from the boat, her dress billowing underneath her.

It seemed that we had this season set already, from Snewster, that Trish or lill, plus darrah were the final 2. But with the betting scandal and Osten and Sandra put up for potential finalists, it seems that we have a ton of players as possible finalists, and that means that we know nothing. Yeah, so I'm starting from scratch. The editing of this ep makes me think that Darrah will make it to the swap (at least) no problem.

MattyMax

PS. Did anyone else notice how GAUNT Trish looked in her opening photo?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: hiding Darrah dabo 09-23-03 1
   RE: hiding Darrah bebekid 09-23-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: hiding Darrah"
There were a few instances in the first episode where Darrah was clearly about to say something but the editing abruptly cut away to end the scene or show another player in confessional. The main inference I take from this is that she is not instigating anything within the tribe, though she did participate more than has been shown. (It may also be that she turned out to be another Zoe, but I would hope MB/CBS would be more careful in the casting decisions and try to avoid having incomprehensible players since then.) Plainly, her strategy at this point in the game is simply to avoid the spotlight.

The opening credit first shot is very interesting, I'm still trying to sort out its significance. I do think MB would be bold enough to start off with the first boot and the ultimate winner shown together, or it may have been selected simply for its attention-grabbing aspect (two sexy women), or possibly both may apply.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-23-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: hiding Darrah"
>There were a few instances in
>the first episode where Darrah
>was clearly about to say
>something but the editing abruptly
>cut away to end the
>scene or show another player
>in confessional.

I noticed that too, dabs.

The main
>inference I take from this
>is that she is not
>instigating anything within the tribe,
>though she did participate more
>than has been shown.

Agree on this, too.

>(It may also be that
>she turned out to be
>another Zoe,

No way that Darrah is another Zoe. One of the main differences is that Darrah lists Survivor as one of her favorite shows in her bio. If I recall correctly, Zoe had never seen the show.

>Plainly, her strategy at this
>point in the game is
>simply to avoid the spotlight.

Why should she seek the spotlight when almost everyone else on her tribe is providing plenty of drama?

> I do think MB
>would be bold enough to
>start off with the first
>boot and the ultimate winner
>shown together,

Agree.

or it may
>have been selected simply for
>its attention-grabbing aspect (two sexy
>women), or possibly both may
>apply.

I think both apply.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •