The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Pulling a Lenny""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-27-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Pulling a Lenny""
AK just coined this phrase on another thread, but it put a name to something I had been thinking about since last night. It seems like the teams who come in last do so because they "pull a Lenny" which basically means they screw up a clue, get lost, waste time, thereby come in last (even though Lenny is still in the race, his bonehead move is indicative of poor thinking and lack of strategy -- his time is limited).

First episode: moron and ball-buster get lost and can't find the pit stop

second episode: Bitchy Teachers miss the clue at the bottom of the (stupid) Eiffel Tower, climb up (how far up, I don't know) and frantcially search for a (stupid) flag that isn't there.

third episode: optimistic moms find a pendulum, but not the right one. Rather than figure out there's a second (who coulda known?) pendulum, they search the art museum, waste more time, and when they do find the right one, take time to hug the cat statue. No wonder they came in last.

Anyway, it seems like it only takes one screw up to put you out of the game. The question is, who is the most likely to miss something, bungle some task, or as AK says, "pull a Lenny"?

NS

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Pulling a Lenny" NightScribe 09-29-01 1
 RE: "Pulling a Lenny" Frau Hexe 09-30-01 2
 RE: "Pulling a Lenny" Loree 09-30-01 3
 RE: "Pulling a Lenny" Frau Hexe 10-08-01 4
   RE: "Pulling a Lenny" xrunner 10-08-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-29-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Pulling a Lenny""
Bump
(because I think it's a damn fine thread)

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-30-01, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Pulling a Lenny""
Aside from Lenny, you mean?

Frau Hexe

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-01, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Pulling a Lenny""
I could see Paul "pulling a Lenny". He gets frustrated and kicks stuff when he doesn't find the clue. Instead of continuing to look he gets upset and then Amie yells at the locals. Who could very well give her wrong directions just to get rid of her. I don't see this couple winning the game.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-08-01, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Pulling a Lenny""
Alright, I'm trying to figure out who "pulled a Lenny" in last week's episode. It seems the grandparents must have pulled one at some point to be eliminated--oh yes, the money exchange bit. Had they exchanged the money when it was more convenient rather than simply assuming that local Tunisian cab drivers would act as bank/exchange, they might have gotten to the ruins pretty quickly. Sad for them.

But who else pulled a Lenny last week? Who do you think will pull one this week? I wonder if the Guidos' pompousness will distract them and force them to pull a Lenny--they seem due for it.

Frau Hexe

NS: I also wanted to bumpt this back up--it deserved further updated consideration, I think.

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-08-01, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xrunner Click to send private message to xrunner Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "Pulling a Lenny""
On the early show the parents said they tried to exchange money in Marsaille but couldn't. They also tried to exchange money on the boat but couldn't.

Essentially this meant that they had to exchange it in town before they ever got into the first cab. Apparently everyone else did.

However what the didn't show the parents got lost but were held up by the police, all they showed was that some one said it was a 15 minute to the cab. They felt they were already behind the eight ball and were left with the choice of taking more time to exchange money or taking a chance in using all US currency. It was a bad choice because there were again cops everwhere and therefore no one would exchange the money.

Finally on the road they another police roadblock on the way to El jem delaying them even further. So essentially they ran into the police three times and each one cost them 1/2 hour.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •