The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tijuana's Late Mother"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tijuana's Late Mother"
OK, this is really inconsequential or really important - I'm not sure which.

I swear I remember that the bio CBS originally posted for Tijuana talked about how she gained strength through tragedy, nursing her mother as she was dying from cancer. I seem to remember it saying that she quit high school, or took a year off of college, or delayed college, or something to take care of her mother.

Thing is, as of now, it says only "She is most proud of her mother's ability as a single parent to raise her and her brother, as well as the love and lessons her late mother taught her." No mention of cancer, or nursing, or strength through tragedy, or anything.

Could this be the big, brutal, brilliant, amazing lie? or am I remembering wrong? or making a mountain out of a molehill?

Does anybody else remember anything about this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tijuana's Late Mother PhoenixMons 09-19-03 1
   RE: Tijuana's Late Mother kykate 09-19-03 6
   RE: Tijuana's Late Mother bigguy1967 09-25-03 7
 RE: Tijuana's Late Mother DoodleBug 09-19-03 2
   RE: Tijuana's Late Mother princessoftides 09-19-03 3
   RE: Tijuana's Late Mother PhoenixMons 09-19-03 4
       Never mind... PhoenixMons 09-19-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-19-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tijuana's Late Mother"
Good catch! I definitely remember the previous bio (it was still the 'old one' as of a few days ago) with the mention of her mother dying and her nursing her in her last year (or something of that nature). It said something about a brain tumor though, not cancer. I remember that much because my mother had a brain tumor when she was 24 and I know how difficult it must have been for someone to be caring for her in that time from what I had to deal with as a child (my mom is, well was then, a single mom). This very well could be the "big lie" as I see it. I wonder what would have caused them to change the bio other than something like that. Does anyone remember teh otehr bios well enough to know if they have been altered at all? If not, you might be on to something!

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tijuana's Late Mother"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-03 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

"Bradley also has the strength that comes from tragedy; at age 21 she lost her mother, then just 44, to a brain tumor, nursing her through her final days. She returned to college with new determination, those who know her say, and, after graduating from St. Louis University, quickly landed a job selling pharmaceuticals. She gave that job up to do "Survivor," and, since returning from Panama, she has been working at King Louie's restaurant, 3800 Chouteau Avenue. "

Quote is from near the bottom of the article.

From http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/Entertainment/Columnists.nsf/Gail+Pennington/451B8302598FD8D586256DA400613DB8?OpenDocument&Headline=Pirates+had+better+not+mess+with+Tijuana+Bradley

bigguy1967 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigguy1967 Click to send private message to bigguy1967 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tijuana's Late Mother"
If this is in fact the BL, how about this scenario: Every Survivor has the competition where a family member is there. What if "Tijuana's late mother" shows up for this competition? Just a thought. It sure would be a BL!!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tijuana's Late Mother"
There is a link to an article in this thread about her mother:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3975.shtml

I don't think the bio got that specific. I only remember reading about it on the above thread.

I don't think this is the lie.

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tijuana's Late Mother"
Ah. Thanks, Doodlebug - maybe it was this article that I read.

OK, so I guess it's inconsequential. *sigh* oh well. It WOULD have been a brilliant, brutal lie

09-19-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tijuana's Late Mother"
At least for me, I didn't read about it in that thread because I never visited the Tijuana thread after post #6, nor do I recall seeing any spoiler info about her anywhere other than here and the CBS bio....curious...

"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

09-19-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
5. "Never mind..."
Okay I do remember reading the second article in the thread now...I remember when I read it I wondered what any of it had to do specifically with Tijuana until the last couple paragraphs...oops!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •