The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has the winner been handed to us again?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-03, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has the winner been handed to us again?"
I know that there has already been a lot of talk about this, but a couple of things from last night really stuck out to me.

When Jiffy is doing his opening spiel, he gets to the part about "in the end..." and who is on screen?

Darrah.

Who is the most invisible castaway this time and got the last confessional?

Darrah.

Combined with some spoilers we already have, your Survivor: Pearl Islands winner is... Darrah!

And the boy/girl pattern is finally broken.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:321 Loss To Date:-18
I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has the winner been handed to u... PepeLePew13 09-19-03 1
   RE: Has the winner been handed to u... Draco Malfoy 09-19-03 2
   THE quote jkokoj 09-19-03 3
       Ditto. anotherkim 09-19-03 4
   RE: Has the winner been handed to u... anninvt2002 09-19-03 5
       RE: Has the winner been handed to u... Wacoshade 09-19-03 15
 RE: Has the winner been handed to u... Brownroach 09-19-03 6
 RE: Has the winner been handed to u... Jims02 09-19-03 7
   RE: Has the winner been handed to u... Draco Malfoy 09-19-03 9
       RE: Has the winner been handed to u... frisky 09-19-03 14
 RE: Has the winner been handed to u... smiley 09-19-03 8
   RE: Has the winner been handed to u... nypeaches 09-19-03 10
       RE: Has the winner been handed to u... Taurus Rising 09-19-03 11
           RE: Has the winner been handed to u... TeamJoisey 09-19-03 13
 RE: Has the winner been handed to u... DoodleBug 09-19-03 12
   RE: Has the winner been handed to u... buckeyegirl 09-19-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
I'm in agreement that this could be pretty significant. I'm also not discounting the comments made about Lillian along the lines of "don't give up until your torch is out."

Frankly, I'm a little surprised they would do something like show a contestant at a particular moment when saying "in the end... win a million dollars" considering they know spoilers have been on top of this type of thing in the past.

Does anyone know offhand if past situations how the person shown during "in the end... win a million dollars" did in the game?

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

09-19-03, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-03 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

Well, we've had spoilers possibly putting Lil and Darrah in the Final 2, so the "don't give up" comment fits that.

I'm pretty sure that in S4 they had Vee on the screen when they said "In the end there will be one survivor." I'll go back through the archives and check tho.

Ok, found the discussion. Ever since then, I ALWAYS watch for that.

Oh did anyone try to "follow the star" this time?

I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-19-03, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "THE quote"
>the comments
>made about Lillian along the
>lines of "don't give up
>until your torch is out."

Ryan S. telling Lil, "don't give up until your torch has been snuffed!"

Final words of JP at TC "lessons to be learned, never give up until your torch is snuffed out!"

I think this is very telling of what is going to happen with Lil.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Ditto."
and combine that with the fact that Darrah was practically invisible and it really make them look more final twoish.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--jon.must.go.

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
>
>
>Does anyone know offhand if past
>situations how the person shown
>during "in the end... win
>a million dollars" did in
>the game?
>

Pepe....wow, you made us think early this am. I went back in the archives and found Krautboys observation about Ted.

I have included this below. Ultimate Survivor Revealed Again?"
Mark Burnett may have revealed the “ultimate survivor” to us in the first episode, as he has on several other occasions in the past! Let me explain…
At the end of last season, just prior to the S4 finale, Paratrooper made the observation that during the opening minutes of Episode 1, before the contestants were even introduced, while JP was introducing the show, the characters were shown on the boat as Jeff Probst narrated…Paratrooper observed that during the voiceover phrase, “…in the end only one will remain to claim the million dollar prize…” Vee was on the screen at the exact moment he said, “…only one will remain…”. Paratrooper went back to previous shows and found the same clue hidden in at least one other show, as I recall.

This was part of the evidence that finally convinced me that Vee would somehow survive to be the ultimate survivor, eventhough it seemed like a long shot at the time. I was so amazed that MB would be so bold as to put a clue right under our nose, that I decided to watch closely for the same clue during the introduction to S5…

I watched for the same clue to be revealed during EP1. The intro to S5 is amazingly similar to S4, including Jeff’s voiceover. However, while we hear, “…in the end only one will remain…” all we see is the propeller of the boat.!?

My initial reaction was disappointment. I felt like MB found out that we know about his little game. But today I went back and rewatched the tape…If you advance slowly frame by frame after the propeller of the boat is shown, MB slowly reveals a brief glimpse at the ultimate survivor!! During the end of the voice over, while we hear …”in the end only one will remain to claim the million dollars…”, we see several frames of the contestants in boats and as we hear “ …remain to claim the million dollars…” Teds face comes into the center of the shot as one boat moves past the other. The striking thing about this shot, which is much more dramatic frame by frame, is that while we see most of the contestants, only Ted’s face is visible…only he remains to claim the million dollars!

(Can someone with vidcapping capabilities add the images I’m talking about to this thread for those who did not tape the show?)

This may be just a coincidence, but considering it context with the shot of Vee from last season, the uniqueness of the shot showing only Ted’s face, and the voiceover coordinated with it, it’s more likely MB’s ego at work, unable to resist planting another clue for us to try and find.

And if that isn’t convincing enough, take another look at the series of contestant pictures shown at the conclusion of the introduction…first we see the 8 women, then the 8 men, before it fades into the words “1 survivor”. And guess whose face fades into the words “1 survivor”? You guessed it…Ted!

Coincidence or not?

Wacoshade 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacoshade Click to send private message to Wacoshade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
---' And if that isn’t convincing enough, take another look at the series of contestant pictures shown at the conclusion of the introduction…first we see the 8 women, then the 8 men, before it fades into the words “1 survivor”. And guess whose face fades into the words “1 survivor”? You guessed it…Ted! '---

I don't quite get what Ted has to do with this. You do remember that Ted didn't win? In fact, he was essentially 5th. Brian won S5.

I'd be interested to see how these things are revealed in the earliest seasons. Mark Burnett has stated in the past that they do insert little clues here and there, as they know people have fun with that. But, I doubt they will do the same thing more than once.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
Glad I looked at your thread Draco because I was getting ready to post the same thing.

I wasn't particularly thinking about it, but about halfway through it became very noticeable that we were getting nothing on Darrah. I think everyone else had had a confessional by that point. Darrah's single confessional came extremely late (right before TC), and all she said was that she didn't think Nicole could be trusted.

Everyone else managed to get some character development going, via their confessionals or their participation in activities. Darrah did not.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
Did Trish have a confessional?

She was surprisingly UTR, in my opinion.

A 2003 IceCat original

09-19-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
Yeah, but I think only 1 or 2, early. But she was at least fairly visible early on, being "bartered" to her new best friend.

I swear I don't remember seeing Darrah after they jumped in the water until right before her confessional.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
>I swear I don't remember seeing Darrah after they jumped in the water until right before her confessional.

I remember one scene...she was in the scene where Tijuana confronted Nicole. She was standing between them and I said "who's that chick?" because up until that point we hadn't seen her so I'd forgotten about her.

Trish had that bartering "story line" going on in the village, so she at least had some exposure.

I don't remember seeing a whole lot of the other Ryan in confessionals, though.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-19-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
spot on draco!

i was thinking exactly the same thing as i watched last nights show. Trish also was under the radar. Everyone else I think had at least 2 confessionals (not sure coz i didnt count them)...did anyone?

nypeaches 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nypeaches Click to send private message to nypeaches Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, they stated that the winner has already been leaked. It's ...

Sandra

Taurus Rising 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-03, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Taurus%20Rising Click to send private message to Taurus%20Rising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
What back-up do you have to substantiate this? What radio station played this and who made the prediction? I live in NY and am curious as to whether or not it was a See-BS affiliate intentionally misdirecting us again.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-19-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"

I didn't hear that on the radio, but it is undoubtably based on the vancouver bets placed on sandra. check the related topic on the spoiler board for details.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
I noticed that too, Draco. "Only one will survive" - focus on Darrah. She was definitely UTR in this episode too. She was hanging close to Nicole, so it will be interesting to see her character develop now that one of the "cute girls" is gone. I don't see her getting along with Tijuana either. I see her hanging close to the guys (Ryan O).

"weigh" to go on your weight loss!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Has the winner been handed to us again?"
I normally don't post on spoilers, but Like Pepe, I really think that the comment that Jeff made along the lines of "don't give up until your torch is out." is really important. That combined with the statement Lillian made to Ryan "I don't fit in with the girls, and I don't fit in with the boys",(Or something similiar to that) made me immediately think of Kathy O'Brien from S4, she started off on the wrong foot with her tribe, but was saved by switching tribes and ended up making it to the final 3. As was stated earlier in this thresd, I think we can say that Lil and Darrah make it at least to the final 4.

A Kyngsladye Original
~heads off to OT to attempt the DAW Race again

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •