*looks at TAR roster*
Not these bums again!?!?!?!
Welcome to the 14th edition of the TAR Casino Game. I am your host, Jims02, but if you're nice to me you can call be Jims. If you're not nice, then it's Mr. 02 to you.
For those of you returning from last season, welcome back! It's great to see you! For those of you who are brand new to this place, welcome! We love new faces at Reality TV World and we certainly love new peeps at the TAR Casino Game.
Because you opened this thread, you have earned 20 points (or JimsBucks) to use in my TAR Casino. My TAR Casino provides several, ahem, services... Mostly involving placing wagers on Amazing Race Teams. Our other service is
getting people drunk so they make foolish wagers providing complimentary cocktails.
So you have the 20 points. Now the question is, what are you going to do with them?
Oh, and one more question. Who dares to defeat two-time-running World TAR Casino Game Champion Yogi? Will he succeed in getting the coveted Hat Trick, or will someone grab the glory away from him? We shall see.
Anyway, the rules.
1. Each player in Week 1 starts with 20 points. In every subsequent week, this amount decreases, so join now. Also, these are the only points you get, so don't waste them. Once you run out of points, you're out of the game.
2. Every week, you may choose to wager your points on the various teams. Later on, there will be limits on the max bet you can lay down, which will be covered in full next week. Unlike some years where I make up my mind at the last second, this season is definitely a Limit Game.
3. You don't have to bet all your points. Any points you don't wager are banked, and will be carried over to the following week without risk.
4. Decimals are evil. All wagers must be a whole number. Also, in scoring your entries, all decimal points will be rounded up. It makes the scoreboard prettier that way. No one wants to see a final score of 693.22463 to 612.1935.
5. Absenteeism sucks. If you miss three straight entries, you're eliminated from the game. If you're going to be on vacation, send me a note and I'll keep the records. I'll even take wagers in advance, provided my secretary doesn't toss out my messages.
6. All entries must be entered before showtime: Sunday, February 20th, 8 PM Eastern Time. Any entries after that time will not be counted. Any edits to an existing entry after the deadline will be penalized. The clock is based on the clock on this message board.
7. Your wagers will be scored based on the almighty Payout Table. The Payout Table gives a multiplier value to each ranking, and determines the return on your wagers. Each of your individual wagers are multiplied by their appropriate multipliers, and then totaled together.
For example, here's the Payout Table for Week 1.
Week 1 Payout Table
1st place - 2x
2nd place - 1.7x
3rd place - 1.3x
4th place - 1.1x
5th place - Break even
6th place - Break even
7th place - Break even
8th place - .9x
9th place - .7x
10th place - .3x
11th place - 0x
This is going to be based off of the final rankings at the end of the episode when they arrive at the Pit Stop.
Example - You've got 20 points and you choose to wager them on the following fictional teams...
Jeff/Brita - 10 points
Abed/Troy - 7 points
Annie/Shirley - 1 point
Bank 2 points.
Now let's pretend Jeff/Brita finished 8th, Abed/Troy finished 1st, and Annie/Shirley finished 10th. Your score would be...
Jeff/Brita - 10 points * .9 = 9 points
Abed/Troy - 7 points * 2 = 14 points
Annie/Shirley - 1 point * .3 = .3 points
+2 points banked
Total = 9 + 14 + .3 + 2 = 25.3 = 26 points (rounding)
Overall, you'd gain 6 points and have 26 points to play with next week. A pretty nice start, eh?
And, finally, here are the teams that you be wagering on. I feel like these names are familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen them before.
TAR17 Teams Remaining
Flight Time/Big Easy
(Oh look, the CBS alphabetized the names this year! Wasn't that nice of them?)
So, let's get this party started! Good luck and have fun!
Hooray, for the second season in a row I have all my ducks in a row before the season starts! Coming up with those gimmicks can be tough!
Incidentally, has anyone here ever played craps?