The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-12-03, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
There's been a lot of talk of the resurrection of a player this season as one of the twists. Personally, I can't see MB just doing this as a twist without some type of catch to it. I've been wracking my brain, and came up with only two scenarios that this could be likely:

1) This was my first thought - A player gets ejected from the game for breaking one of the rules (or two players causing the need to resurrect one). I read somewhere about Jon and Christa I believe killing a pelican for food. Not sure if pelicans would fall under the "can't kill" animals rules which might cause them to bring back one player either by a competition, or more likely, last booted, back into the game.

2) More likely - There has been the yukky 'tie' issue that's popped up and obviously the Pappy purple rock wasn't taken too well by fans. So...what if....in the event of a tie, where a consensus is not agreed upon, BOTH players on the tail end of the tie get booted and the last person booted gets to come back.

This could very well happen after Episode 6, if there is a traditional merge and both tribes go evenly into the merge. In an attempt to pick off the strong, Andrew and either Burton/Shawn get a 5-5 tie, both get booted and the 6th person booted (Lillian or Trish) get to come back, giving a Morgan advantage for pagonging.

There has also been talk of that same player getting reresurrected, which could happen at the Final 4. Say, Morgan pagongs Drake and get to the Final 5, prior bootee Lillian can then again be a target; smart players at the Final 4, can get rid of 2 players and bring back a wonderful Final 2 opponent of someone who has been voted off twice, by forcing a tie at Final 4, leaving Lillian to finish 2nd, with I'd guess either a Tijuana or Darrah victory in that circumstance.

This may seem out there, but thought I'd pop it up for discussion.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... wildcat2729 09-12-03 1
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Thaibeach 09-12-03 2
       RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... PepeLePew13 09-12-03 5
       RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Ra_8secs 09-12-03 17
 RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Rothschild 09-12-03 3
 RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Krautboy 09-12-03 4
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... VerucaSalt 09-12-03 6
       RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Brownroach 09-12-03 7
           RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Griffe 09-12-03 12
               RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Brownroach 09-12-03 15
 RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... volsfan 09-12-03 8
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... FarmBoy 09-12-03 9
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... VerucaSalt 09-12-03 10
       RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Brownroach 09-12-03 14
 RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... KeithFan 09-12-03 11
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... volsfan 09-12-03 13
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Brownroach 09-12-03 16
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Ra_8secs 09-12-03 18
 RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... Rothschild 09-12-03 19
   RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... VerucaSalt 09-12-03 20
       RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a... jkokoj 09-12-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wildcat2729 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-12-03, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildcat2729 Click to send private message to wildcat2729 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Don't hate me because I'm new here. But here's my opinion:
There have been spoilers saying that Lillian possibly gets injured, broken foot or something right. So could it be possible that unlike when Mike got burned and had to leave making the teams even at 5-5, there's some reason to make it unfair competition if Lillian leaves due to injury so they bring back someone that was booted off to fill the void? I think this might be the most likely senario.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-12-03, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Welcome Wildcat!

MB had to have planned the returning bootee from the start, though. It's been reported that, instead of letting the bootees live it up at Loser Lodge, they had meager food rations and were required to exercise - so Evil MB must have planned the return all along.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-03, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Here's a thought. We've heard rumblings that the same player might be resurrected twice. What if this is, let's say, Trish? She gets booted, then resurrected (to satisfy MB's God complex), then booted again. Later, Lillian breaks her foot and somebody's got to fill the void mid-episode. Trish gets resurrected again, and this satisfies the rumours that not only does one person gets to come back in twice, but also the rumour that Lillian breaks her foot.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
A replacement/returnee alway has to have been in the insurance plan for MB. Mike was an injury w/o a boot. If there are two? Hmmmm.

Warps the game too much to have re-invites, in my opinion. But there's a series to run.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit7

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-12-03, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Just a thought --

Too many stronger and more interesting players have been
eliminated early, while weaker and dull players remain
(Marquesas prime example). Rebirth of a player can
spark interest.

With the "Reunion" saga coming, this would spark even
more interest. Sure Richard would be eliminated at the
first chance -- he's too interesting a character to sink
early -- remember this is "Show Business".

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-12-03, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
The ideas you bring up are very interesting as solutions to problems that might develop during the game, however, the reports we have seen in the "Accidental Tourist" article describe changes in the how the pre-twist bootees are treated as very preplanned, rather than spontaneous...

"Those early days at Perico were no picnic for booted castaways. Their food intake was limited, soft drinks and alcohol were off limits and they were made to exercise their little hearts out. This is radically different from previous editions when ousted players had a nice loser’s vacation. The bootees may be out, but the game is clearly still on."

MB had apparently planned to have one of the premerge bootees return to the game and made every effort to prevent the resureected player from having an unfair physical advantage.

The timing of the twist also seems carefully planned...

"While all booted players were sent to Perico’s cabins, not all of them hung around for the duration of the game. Reports place some Survivor players at the Gamboa Resort. Apparently they were moved there from isla Perico after the twist transpires. Later, the cabins are occupied with jurors."

"An older woman wins and returns to the game. This is the reason for the spare rations and harsh conditions at the Ponderosa. Once this contest is decided, the double losers finally get a vacation - and presumably better rations - at the Gamboa resort."

The twist/resurrection takes place around the time of the merge...

"Our team has pieced together reports and concluded that the prejury boots compete with one another to win the privilege of returning from the dead and reentering the game...

...Sources tell us this superwoman goes on to win another challenge right after the first one."

...because the resurrected woman apparently competes in an individual challenge right after reentering the game.

I guess my point is the logistics of all this is much to complex to be a reaction to something unforeseen that happens in the game.

As for the reason to resurrect a player..MB likes to have the game evolve and keep it fresh...to let the players know that he is in control. He likes to play God, and only God can resurrect you from the dead.

Krautboy

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-12-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
KB, I'm in agreement with you on this one. The coming back from the dead twist is IMO simply a twist to keep the game fresh. We are now in the seventh season, he has to come up with another idea. No one is positive when Lillian broke her foot, the story had said it may have been after she was already voted out and that is unforeseeable and like Kraut said, I doubt they devised this last minute b/c of an injury. They didn't with Mike.

Let's look at how much we are jumping on this to discuss and the game hasn't started. He is counting on a brand new twist to keep this show from losing viewers especially since ASS should be next.

My awe at this is how this person supposedly is able to make it to the final two. You would think the remaining Survivors would rather boot someone who had the audacity to get to leave I can only speculate she may either made some good bonds and got sideswiped by a majority holding alliance or she is used/and using the Morgan merged people to oust her Drake tribe (along the Shii Ann should have happened lines) and also gets some immunities.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-03, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-03 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

No one is positive when Lillian broke her foot

No one is positive if Lillian broke her foot. As far as I know the only post that mentioned this is here, and it appears to be third-hand information. AyaK's been trying to confirm if it is true. queencityfan says that Lillian is not currently wearing a cast or sporting a limp.

***Edited to add: and Griffe does not think anyone gets injured during the game -- scroll down here:

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16307.topic

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-12-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Hi Brownroach,

Maybe it will help if I clarify my Sucks post... the information I got early on was that none of the players get injured. They did tell me that a crew guy got hurt...he either broke or sprained his ankle or foot while filming. I'm guessing that maybe Lillian may have told this story about hurt-foot-crew-guy and by the time the story got retold, somehow the poster confused it with it being about Lillian.

09-12-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Sound like the most plausible explanation to me too!

Thanks for the clarification, Griffe.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Ok, I may be WAY off base here and if I am someone please help. Cowboy, you say that one or maybe two people could get booted for breaking rules and someone has to replace one of them. Well, one thing I found interesting while reading JazzyJax's thread earlier about Wezzie's pictures:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=4017&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

is that Wezzie said the locals claim that Shawn and Jon are the last two to leave Isla Contadora by plane.

Did they leave together? If so, was this typical to take the ones booted by pairs. The two leaving together made no sense to me. Because you would have only one leaving after tribal council.

Can anyone help with an explanation?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-12-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Welcome Volsfan!

Glad to see some more Tennessee fans!

An Original Draco Masterpiece

It's hot out here in the sun.

09-12-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
It might not mean they were the last two to leave by plane TOGETHER; just that they were the last two evicted to leave by plane, after that evicted left by train, car, foot etc. (you know what I mean)

BR, correct on the accuracy of the hurt foot. But that is besides the point, regardless if she did break it or when she broke it or if it was her pinky finger, my point being is that I don't think that has any bearing on this return from the dead player.

Survivor, sorry to say is about the age of a 70 year old. Still a bit of life left but getting old and needs an extra dose of something for some renewed energy

09-12-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-03 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

VS -- I understood what you meant and agree -- but since several people mentioned the foot in this thread, I was trying to say it's useless to speculate that anything is going to happen as a result of Lillian's broken foot because that spoiler is so iffy right now.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
I'm wracking my limited brain here trying to figure out how:

a) this seems to be pre planned, and,
b) fits into the show, without going out into left field.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the person gets brought back from the dead through a reward challange. Isn't it Haiti that has the voodoo "zombies"? They are relatively close to there (though I wouldn't want to swim it), and perhaps the first individual reward winner gets to bring back someone from the dead?

Tell me if I'm way out of whack here.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Thanks Farmboy for the welcome! I have been lurking since SURVIVOR 2 and just know got the nerve to start injecting here!

Keithfan, I have been doing the same thing and I made a mental note last week that Jiffy P. has said that this time around the people that lose reward challenges get punished. I quickly (a few minutes ago) looked for the quote but I couldn't find it. If someone else finds it please let me know where it came from...do you think this could be related? I may have my quotes mixed up....anyone else remember this?

09-12-03, 01:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
the first individual reward winner gets to bring back someone from the dead?

The Snewser spoiler says the bootees are involved in a contest/challenge to determine who will return to the game. The returnee is not selected randomly by one of the contestants.

But I don't think you're out of whack about it being connected to a reward challenge. That's what I think too.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-12-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Could have two out -- disqualified for one reason or another -- and MB want's to replace a body to keep the number of shows up.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit7

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-12-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Another thought

Doesn't it make sense to have a resurrection if
an undertaker is going to be the ultimate survivor ???

09-12-03, 02:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
Sounds great but they didn't know she'd win when they did this if it was devised before the game started. I think this is more devised for the whole pirate thing although bringing back the dead would be better for a Poltergeist theme

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-12-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Possible reasons to resurrect a player"
From the survivornews.net article Sources tell us this superwoman goes on to win another challenge right after the first one. One of the challenges involves an underwater endurance contest where players have to pick up items. The SurvivorNews spy kids took a vote, and have decided that this is clearly not the surprise of all surprises, since underwater rock carrying is old hat.

From Trish's profile at CBS Her favorite sport is long-distant running (she's completed 24 marathons, including ten Boston Marathons). Her hero is her mom who she says taught her to like herself, be kind and caring, but also competitive and confident. Trish believes she's ready for SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because her athletic skills make her a viable and useful tribe member. She describes herself as extremely competitive, an excellent swimmer, a born leader and a gifted problem solver

Trish seems like the perfect candidate.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •