The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
I saw Jeff on Regis and Kelly this morning. Not much new but he mentioned the two major events that happen this season (as already been discussed) - 1) biggest lie ever is by a contestant (not the show) and 2) a contestant has the biggest regret ever which leads to major implications for that contestant. They showed the opening sequence where Jeff tells everyone after the press conference that the show starts now. Kelly went on and on about women contestants' "augmentations" and Jeff agreed that the contestants who are the nicest to look at seem to go further in the game. Hope this wasn't a wasted thread!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly Krautboy 09-11-03 1
   RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly Amily 09-11-03 7
 RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly Brownroach 09-11-03 2
   RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly smrtNsassybnkr 09-11-03 3
       RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly Brownroach 09-11-03 4
   RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly TeamJoisey 09-11-03 5
 Biggest Lie Ever Brownroach 09-11-03 6
   RE: Biggest Lie Ever VerucaSalt 09-11-03 8
       RE: Biggest Lie Ever Brownroach 09-11-03 9
           RE: Biggest Lie Ever VerucaSalt 09-11-03 10
               RE: Biggest Lie Ever wendyp 09-11-03 11
                   RE: Biggest Lie Ever Brownroach 09-11-03 12
                       RE: Biggest Lie Ever bebekid 09-11-03 13
                           RE: Biggest Lie Ever Brownroach 09-11-03 14
       RE: Biggest Lie Ever silentJ 09-11-03 15
 RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly munson 09-11-03 16
   RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly Brownroach 09-12-03 18
 Funny post by Griffe... Brownroach 09-12-03 17
   Possibly Jon? smrtNsassybnkr 09-12-03 19
       RE: Possibly Jon? princessoftides 09-17-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-11-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
Jeff agreed that
>the contestants who are the
>nicest to look at seem
>to go further in the
>game.

Did Jeff use this as an opportunity for a little misdirection about Nicole? She is one of the attractive women, but apparently doesn't go far in the game...

Krautboy

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
Just to clarify, if I remember correctly, Jeff said this before he started talking about this season. I think he was just talking in general, that the "pretty people" seem to last longer - he was essentially agreeing with Kelly (or Regis - forgot who brought it up) on their observation. All in all, Jeff seemed to be very excited about this season (especially when talking about the big lie and big regret). He also said when asked which Survivor setting was the hardest, he said up until now, it was Africa. He mentioned that in the Pearl Islands is was very hot and they had a lot of rain.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-03, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

a contestant has the biggest regret ever which leads to major implications for that contestant.

The "biggest regret" was mentioned in some posts but I hadn't seen any quotes from JP or MB. I wonder if this is connected to the twist. "Major implications" sounds pretty dire -- does the "regret" somehow cause the contestant to be put out of the game in order to bring back the prior bootee?

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-11-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
"I wonder if this is connected to the twist. "Major implications sounds pretty dire -- does the "regret" somehow cause the contestant to be put out of the game in order to bring back the prior bootee?"

BR-- I was thinking along the same lines.....We've seen contestants "throw" challenges before. Perhaps in this particular challenge, the person who places LAST would be replaced by the prior bootee. If someone intentionally "threw" the challenge right away, would they not regret it if it caused them to be the one replaced???

09-11-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
That was my early theory about the twist as well -- that the replaced contestant loses (perhaps intentionally) a reward challenge, and pays dearly for it.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-11-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"

This was my immediate thought as well.

We've been told that they will punish anyone who intentionally throws a challenge. Suppose there is a lie involved. Can they be forced to walk the plank for their mutiny?

We've spoiled that someone re-enters the game. This person replaces the mutineer. Tribe remains the same size, no extra episodes or TC needed.

It's a twist, it's a regret.

My other thought is this: One of the contestants lied to the producers. The lie is discovered, the contestant is removed from the game, and a booted player returns.

It's a stretch to think that the producers haven't investigated every flea on each contestant. But perhaps they want some "French Davis" juice in the press, something to get all of America talking about Survivor again. Can they be hyping their own hype?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

09-11-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
6. "Biggest Lie Ever"
This was from another radio interview:

Jeff also said that THE BIGGEST LIE EVER is told this season. He didn't elaborate, but he went on to say that he and Mark Burnett are waiting for someone to apply to the show and basically say that they have an advanced degree in psychology, have written 3 books, but they are totally going to play the game like a postman from Montana (or something like that). Jiffy said they were waiting for someone to come in and totally lie their way through the game, but that they haven't seen anyone like that yet.

That was 8/28, after the game was over. What's strange to me is that the whole last part is in the present tense, as if they are still waiting now for someone to do this -- yet he brought up the scenario after saying the biggest lie ever is told in S7. Some obfuscation going on here, maybe.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-11-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

Actual transcript from SS:

Shot of ship, then of the contestants:
JP: "Welcome guys to Survivor Pearl Islands. Game is ON. I know everybody here brought their suitcases, and you got alot more luggage downstairs. And it is true, in the past, Survivors have been allowed to go through their luggage and pick out a few essentials items. You guys wont have that luxury. You are going into this game with the clothes you have on your back."
The only big revelation (for me) was this conversation:

JP:... "there are alot of things that play out. There is one of the greatest lies ever. It is a fantastic horrible lie."

Kelly: "from a contestant or from you?"

JP: " From a contestant..ya. And there is a HUGE regret, that somebody does that is impactful (difficult to hear last bit)."

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16320.topic

09-11-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
Fever has highlights posted, just slight differences in wording:

http://www.survivorfever.net/jeff_probst_regis_9_11.html

Regis: Ok tell me what's different this time, what's the shocking twist?
Jeff: The cool thing about the way it started, we set them up, we told them, we have to do some press so wear something that you want to look good in. We do the press then, the show starts. You've got guys in Armani suits, women in strapless sundresses with nothing on underneath. The effect is that it ends up more like you really are shipwrecked. You have to cut these clothes off to make shorts.
Jeff: It plays out. There is one of the greatest lies ever this season. It is a fantastic horrible lie.
Kelly: From a contestant or you?
Jeff: From a contestant and then there's a huge regret that somebody has and that has a huge impact.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
MOre from SS (same link as earlier)

Regis asks: (rather cynically I might add) ".. so now tell me so what is different, ..so what is the shocking twist?

JP replies:
"Well, the cool thing about the way it started this time, is we for the first time we sort of set them up a little bit. In that we said that we have to do some press so wear something that you want to look good in. The guys were in Armani suits, the women are in sundresses.

Regis: difficult to hear.. "they are already to meet the press then.."

JP: "Yes, well they are on our boat, and we are gonna shoot some stuff, and some of the women look just like you...with heels and very NOT survivor clothing. So we do do some press, and then the show starts, and the twist is you are going how you are dressed. And we have some women who didnt have anything on underneath their sundresses that are strapless, and guys who are suits. And so the effect is that it ends up more like you are shipwrecked, you are going to have to cut these off to make shorts..."

Kelly: "it is very Gilligan's Island!"... ack

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-11-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
Some women who did not have anything underneath their sundresses that are stapless.

I wonder if they are referring to "nothing at all or no bra". That means you can not dry any wet clothes, sweaty clothes. Plus i would think this would be hard to hike in the woods or challenges.

*not going to think about sleeping in the woods in just a sundress**

09-11-03, 05:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
Only Christa and Nicole are wearing dresses, and only Nicole's is strapless. Christa cuts up her dress and gives pieces of it to Rupert and Michelle and is seen wearing her buff as a top. Nicole on the other hand is never seen in anything but her blue dress. Draw your own conclusions...

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
I think Darrah is wearing a dress as well. Gosh, I hope she has on underwear. I have never been able to understand leaving one's house without the proper undergarments on. Heck, I don't even walk out of my bathroom after my shower without said clothes!

Have You Forgotten 9/11/01?

09-11-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
My mistake -- I thought she had a top and skirt since she's wearing her buff over it in the tribe shot. It looks like hers has straps though.

The thing is, these peeps only expected to be wearing these outfits for 15 or 20 minutes, not 39 days! It's really a pretty cruel trick to play. But I have to admit I like it!

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Biggest Lie Ever"
What gets me is the addition of the extra adjective "horrible". That indicates to me that it's of an appauling nature. Then ,the player regrets telling it.
I'm thinking it's something along the lines of "My child has cancer and I want to win to cover their medical bills." If they drilled that into everyone elses head fromday one, I think it would get them to at least the merge on sympathy. Then, after getting into the dominate allience, they slip up. Maybe they get some booze at the merge party, someone asks about thier kid, and they say, "I don't have a kid". That would put them at the head of everyone's boot line.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
I'm not clear on whether the regret is the result of telling the lie or if the two are unrelated.

If the two are related and the lie results in the boot of someone who is "innocent", the liar could feel regretful. If this lie results in the boot of the person who eventually returns, well, then things could get downright ugly.

I'm thinking a Ghandi grinding incident or a Janet granola bar episode magnified to the nth degree.

09-12-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Jeff Probst on Regis and Kelly"
Munson -- I found this from another radio interview:

JP said the "greatest lie ever told" was on this season he also said there was "some regret." But emphasized regret. Elliot asked about the Ghandia-Ted incident and JP said this "regret" tops even that because with the Ghandia-Ted thing, you could at least play it off as happening in your sleep.

Granted the interviewer brought up Ted-Ghandia, but JP's response may be revealing. It was Ted who played off the grinding incident as happening in his sleep. It sounds like the person with the regret is in a position similar to Ted's, but where he/she can't reasonably deny having done something.

09-12-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
17. "Funny post by Griffe..."
...on Sucks.

Griffe
(9/12/03 11:02 am)
Reply Re: JP on Regis reveals BIG lie is from contestant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shawn has a twin brother. It would be incredibly funny if the big lie is that it wasn't Shawn that showed up to play but his twin brother

Interesting idea! Though I wouldn't consider it a "horrible" lie. And being a twin myself, a switch is better perpetrated on people with whom one or the other of you is acquainted. I don't see much point in "fooling" people who knew neither of you to begin with.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-03, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Possibly Jon?"
I wonder....since Jon mentioned that he wanted to be the first to have sex on Survivor, If he gropes or otherwise sexually harasses another player and ends up "regretting" it....

Just trying to parallel the "Ted/Ghandia" thing....

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-17-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Possibly Jon?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-03 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

SMSB, my thoughts exactly. If Jeff really said "at least you could play that off as happening in your sleep", the implication is that this was an incident that might have been able to be "played off" that way, had it not been taken a step too far.

The only non-physical/sexual thing I can think of that would fit that description is if somebody took something (food?) that wasn't sitting out in the open - e.g., if it had been out in the open, you might have been able to say you were sleepwalking, but since it was hidden....

But that strikes me as terribly farfetched, and doesn't capture the connotation that seems hidden between Jeff's words. The physical/sexual scenario makes MUCH more sense. It sounds like someone behaves inappropriately towards someone else, in a situation where it's very clear that it wasn't an accident. The obvious guess here is Jon... which makes me wonder - somebody earlier quoted "The Rules" as including a provision against assault. If this someone (Jon?) groped one of the women, might it get him kicked off for violating the rules, initiating the boot/resurrection twist discussed above?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •