The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-10-03, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
This season we have three different “ChillOne” style spoilers to consider. The SNN Reports (“Panama Front Redux”, and “The Accidental Tourist), The PanamaVacation Spoiler, and the Wezzie and QuartzEye Reports. All three seem to corroborate one another, although only two of them provide clues about the first boot...

8/15/03 From SNN: Panama Front Redux

"Even sketchier is our information about the first two booted. Well, they may or may not actually be the first two booted afterall. The best we can estimate is that it happened sometime in the first two weeks. But there is good evidence to suggest they were at least booted in a particular chronological order.

First of said pair was described as a youngish athletic woman, about 5'6", with short ash or platinum blonde hair.
Second of the two was a young, tall, skinny guy, who looked younger than the girl, but very unhealthy."

9/3/03 From SNN: The Accidental Tourist

"Reports to date have helped us identify ousted players. The first to arrive at the Ponderosa is most likely Nicole. She was followed by a tall, skinny male. Our sources weren't sure whether this male was Ryan Shoulders or not. The third arrival is also male. Our information on the early non jury boots also includes an older woman."

From a post at SS by Wezzie and QuartzEye:

“Here's the lowdown on what we heard. Please edit your list to reflect this:

We heard that a young woman goes first...we think it's Nicole.
We heard that the tribes live on Mogo Mogo and Gibraleon and that they merge on Mogo Mogo.
We heard that an older woman comes back into the game.
We heard that an older woman goes far in the game.
We heard that Shawn and Jon are the last people to leave Isla Contadora on a plane. (Their photos were pointed at.)
We heard that 'a woman with a man's name' and 'a black person' do well in the game.”

Vidcap evidence clearly points to a the Morgan Tribe going to TC…
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4020.shtml

If “a young woman goes first” and she’s from the Morgan Tribe, the EP1 boot is narrowed down to Tijuana, Darrah or Nicole.

We know from the Bebekid Spoiler that Darrah is safe…
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=4009&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

The SNN description of the “youngish athletic woman” and the Accidental Tourist tip clearly points us to Nicole.

But the question remains, what are the dynamics of the game that lead to Nicole’s demise? Looking at the promo vidcaps may provide some clues….

Day 1: Arrival

Nicole obviously had a strategy that involved a skin-tight blue dress and a luxury item of massage oils. Her plan back fired when she was forced abandon ship with just the clothes on her back...

Notice that Nicole is always pictured in close proximity to Darrah. Nicole seems to have latched on to Darrah, who probably has the nicer personality, the one everyone gets along with.

Without Darrah around Nicole appears to be a bit of an outsider...

Day 2: Camp Life:

Nicole continues to depend on Darrah and is again always pictured next to her. In the third image Nicole and Tijuana seem to be having some kind of conflict, as Darrah begins to distance herself from Nicole...

Day 3: Preparing for TC

After losing Immunity to the Drake tribe the tension rises and the Morgan tribe starts to play the game. Nicole is pictured talking privately to Darrah, who must now further distance herself from Nicole. Nicole has probably been targeted by Tijuana after their conflict.

As VerucSalt pointed out, The TV Guide Preview mentioned that "tempers flare at Morgan about loyalty"...apparently Darrah's loyalties will shift away from Nicole, causing Nicole's temper to flare as pictured above.

Last season we saw the demise of young Ryan, who thought he had the game by the tail. His strategy of charming the girls backfired, much like Nicole's appears to in S7.

Ryan made the mistake of latching on to Daniel, only to become an outcast to the rest of the tribe, in much the same way Nicole appears to be aligning herself with Darrah at the exclusion of the others.

In the end Ryan scrambled around looking for "loyalty" only to find he was too late. It appears Nicole will have the same problem...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? PepeLePew13 09-10-03 1
 RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Oscirus 09-10-03 2
 RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? jkokoj 09-10-03 3
 RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? nailbone 09-10-03 4
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-10-03 5
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Thaibeach 09-10-03 7
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-10-03 9
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? tree 09-11-03 14
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? carencey 09-11-03 21
               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-12-03 23
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Bebo 09-11-03 15
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-11-03 17
 RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-10-03 6
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Krautboy 09-10-03 8
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? erikman 09-10-03 10
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Thaibeach 09-10-03 11
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? SaphireLady 09-10-03 12
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? queencityfan 09-11-03 13
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? wendyp 09-11-03 19
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? erikman 09-11-03 20
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-11-03 16
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? PepeLePew13 09-11-03 18
               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? VerucaSalt 09-12-03 22
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Ra_8secs 09-14-03 25
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Mrs Burnett 09-15-03 26
       Who's holding the torch? Krautboy 09-15-03 27
           RE: Who's holding the torch? Mrs Burnett 09-16-03 42
               RE: Who's holding the torch? Krautboy 09-17-03 43
               RE: Who's holding the torch? yensid 09-17-03 45
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-16-03 28
 RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? SteffiGurl 09-13-03 24
   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? VerucaSalt 09-16-03 29
       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? mistofleas 09-16-03 30
           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? VerucaSalt 09-16-03 31
               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-16-03 32
                   Good job ladies! jkokoj 09-16-03 33
               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? mistofleas 09-16-03 34
               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? LeftPinky 09-16-03 35
                   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? mistofleas 09-16-03 36
                       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-16-03 37
                           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? mistofleas 09-16-03 38
                               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? VerucaSalt 09-16-03 39
                                   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? mistofleas 09-16-03 40
                       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? TeamJoisey 09-16-03 41
                           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? mistofleas 09-17-03 44
                               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-17-03 46
                                   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Krautboy 09-17-03 47
                                       Is there any way jkokoj 09-17-03 48
                                       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? TeamJoisey 09-17-03 49
                                           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? Brownroach 09-17-03 53
                                       RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? AZ_Leo 09-17-03 50
                                           RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? TeamJoisey 09-17-03 51
                                               RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? AZ_Leo 09-17-03 52
                                                   RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise? TeamJoisey 09-17-03 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-03, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Thanks for neatly tying everything together, Krautboy... I can't argue with any of the points you've presented so far as it's all coming together logically.

It's just gnawing at me that it seems a little too easy, although I know we've been given easy first boots before.

BTW... welcome back, K-boy! Hope it was a great summer...

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-10-03, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
It's weird the comments that were said about her (she's used to getting what she wants ) screams early boot. It almost seems too easy to pick her.

wonder if the man lady curse will continue this time

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-10-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Nothing to add, only to say Krautboy has become the ultimate in analyzing these spoilers. I bow to your excellance (but only if Nicole is the firt boot).LOL

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"

>We heard that 'a woman with
>a man's name' and 'a
>black person' do well in
>the game.”
>
Hmmm....who could this 'Woman with a man's name' be? Darrah? Tijuana? Or does Christa go by Chris? Or did they mistake 'Michelle' for 'Michael'?

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
'a woman with a man's name' and 'a black person'

Well, the black person is either Osten or Tijuana. If it's Osten, Tijuana would likely be identified as black also, so she wouldn't be the woman mentioned. And if Tijuana is the black person, someone else is the woman. (But I think "person" would be more likely be substituted for "man", so I'd say the black person is Osten.)

I think "woman with a man's name" best fits Darrah. Darrah is an unusual name and might have sounded more masculine (like Darrell, e.g.) to the locals. Michelle is a common woman's name and wouldn't be regarded as a man's name -- same with Christa/Chris, imo.

Nice job on the caps, Krautboy!

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-10-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
The "woman with a man's name" could be Darrah (similar to Darrell, Darren)...but it could also be Lillian - similar to William.

09-10-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Lillian - similar to William.

Good point, Thaibeach. (And her Scout uniform might have contributed to a "masculine" association.)

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-11-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

I agree that the woman with a man's name fits Darrah the best. Like Brownroach pointed out, it sounds like Darrell, but it is also pronounced the same as "Darragh", which is a male Irish name. I don't know how well known an Irish name would be in Panama, but the first thing I thought when I read her name was what a great name to gender-bend!

tree

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-03, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
I went to college with a guy named Darrah, spelled the same way...far from a common guy's name though. I have a friend since childhood named Dara, so I still can't decide whether Darrah would normally be considered a guy's name.

Another possibility--does Tijuana have a meaning in Spanish that could make it sound like a guy's name? Or could the observer have only heard the Juan part, or could it be a nickname?

09-12-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
23. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Another possibility--does Tijuana have a meaning in Spanish that could make it sound like a guy's name? Or could the observer have only heard the Juan part, or could it be a nickname?

I really doubt it. If anything, the Panamians would know that Tijuana is a city in Mexico, so they'd say "a woman with the name of a city" (LOL) or, more likely, just..."Tijuana!"

And they'd pick up on "Juana" or "Juan", both Spanish names and presumably very common in Panama. Or they'd at the very least recall and mention that the woman's name was Spanish.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Or did they mistake 'Michelle' for 'Michael'?

In Spanish, a 'ch' is a hard sound, so Michelle could sound like Mitchell.

Life is a game where we make up the rules as we go along.

09-11-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
But the cast and crew would be pronouncing it "Mishell", I assume.

Also, I have a female friend from Panama named Michele, so I'm guessing it's not unheard-of as a woman's name there.

09-10-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
KB, just wanted to add this challenge cap to your brilliant analysis:

Nicole has only one hand placed, rather awkwardly, on the cart while everyone else around the cannon is pushing hard with both hands and their bodies. Even anorexic Ryan is busting his butt to pull the cannon.

If Nicole proceeds noticeably through the challenge this way, her tribemates will have no reason to think she'll be an asset strengthwise. Her challenge performance could, in part, lead to the tension with Tijuana later.

09-10-03, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Hi BR! I haven't had a chance to say hello yet. Took me a whiile to catch up on all my reading...You've done a great job leading the preseason spoiling assault on MB...

Sharp observation (as usual) about Nicole's performance in the challenge...

Looks like we've got EP1 pretty well wrapped up, but it would be nice to get some vidcaps from EP2 so that we can find a "Where's Nicole?" picture to confirm...

Krautboy

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-10-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
yep that 1 hand on the canon is the last nail in her coffen

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
it would seem that someone like Nicole, in good shape, athletic and strong, must be either lazy (that one hand on the cannon while everyone else is working very hard) and/or a real pain in the nether regions, to get the boot over a sickly-looking Ryan S. (Whenever I see him, i think "Bitchell" from S2. One was enough.)

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-10-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Everyone is talking about the one hand on the cannon. Frankly I want the X removed. Yep that's me, dirty girl

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

queencityfan 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-11-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queencityfan Click to send private message to queencityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
3 strong women who contribute to their tribe versus 1 "cute girl?"

4 men who appear to have enough smarts to repspect survival skills over the ability to hold up a strapless dress.

She never had a chance in this group.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-11-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
If you think it was an issue about her top, you would like one of the guys would give her his shirt ~ not like they are wearing them. I mean you want to win the first challenge! And the other tribe the girl gives her shirt to the guy!

Maybe Nicole does not want the help ~ I can do it on my own and carry my own weight and does not.

Guess they do not see her as the Sarah of this tribe.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
lazy one won last season so lazy is 1st voted out this season

09-11-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
16. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
That's disgusting, Saph.

LOL though -- it looks like Andrew is checking to make sure the jewels are intact. Or maybe he's just wondering 'how did that X get there?'

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Hehe, Nicole also seems to be glancing over at Andrew's Big Red X Mark. It's not hiding very much from the way the X is placed...

This seems to be a pretty 'together' team as someone else just pointed out, 3 guys with their heads in it to not worry about their shorts and 3 ladies who are in it for survival... leaving a skinny Bitchell wanna-be and a prima donna in a blue dress as the boot candidates.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Pretty much copying my other post prior to this thread being done, this is why Nicole could be first

Focusing on the women besides Nicole:

Tijuana has a potential connection with Osten due to race. Lillian (while a candidate just due to the eldest thing) is no doubt gonna work her butt off and probably do the "mom" thing and along with her Scout skills may be considered a welcome non threatening cooperative presence.
That comes down to the closest in types of Darrah and Nicole in terms of age, physicial, race, etc.

Darrah is being spoiled as someone who goes further in game so with those rumors and rumors of Nicole, Nicole would be more likely to go just based on that.

With respect to the men going, Ryan, Ryan, Osten and Andrew....

Andrew "appears" to be the leader. While this could work against him a la John in Thailand, I don't think this will be the case. My reason for this is simply I don't see a Brian out there and I believe that from day one Brian managed to call the shots whether anyone thought it or not. Too many leaders cause a problem and even thought I don't know these people, I don't see a situation like we did with a multitude of "A" personalities trying to lead like Clays, Brians, GDiva's, Helens. I think these people will allow a leader for now but this is all my opinion.

Then you have Osten and not skinny Ryan. Two strong males, one male attractive no doubt to some of the young women, an asset to win as a tribe and Osten who has a commonality with Tijuana, obviously a good looking, strong guy to help too. Leading to skinny Ryan who is also a potential boot candidate based on what we heard.

Personality wise, we don't know much except for what we are "supposing" due to looking at them and I already made it known what my thoughts are on someone who shows up to a press conference in that dress (rowr rowr)

As a female contestant, believe it or not, I'd probably be more inclined to go and vote off a female even though I could try for an all female alliance but this early on, I want the tribe to just win and as a male I would also boot a female first unless there is a male so lazy or so obnoxious with no help in any other area.

So in terms of why, why not? Except for Lillian, all of them "appear" to be very athletic and if Nicole is complaining with that puss face of hers, I'd lose her over Lillian the trying hard mom

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-14-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-03 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Nice catch, Brownroach.

First and 2nd bootees are usually those who either (1) cause a loss or simply don't contribute on a challenge; (2) do the same sort of thing as the tribe is trying to set up camp.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Mrs Burnett 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-03, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20Burnett Click to send private message to Mrs%20Burnett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"

BR... just wondering if the reason that Nicole only has one hand on cannon is that the torch is in the other hand. I can't tell what contribution Lillian is making either - possibly she has the torch. I noticed that in other caps of Drake, Sandra is holding torch and not helping pull the cannon. Any ideas?

09-15-03, 11:20 PM (EST)
27. "Who's holding the torch?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-03 AT 11:30 PM (EST)

Hi Mrs. Burnett! So nice of your hubby to let you come visit us here at SBlows. You were always so insightful over at Phoenix, I hope you visit often!

I was thinking that Lillian is the one holding the torch for Morgan at this point in the challenge, but it also appears to be a very long difficult challenge. I would think that the best strategy would be for the tribemembers to take turns as torch bearer. Using the time carrying the torch to rest from the more difficult work of pushing or pulling the cannon.

It also seems that there are locations along the way where handing the torch from one person another in order to allow your team mate to manuever through an obstacle without risking the torch going out.

Multiple torch bearers makes the most sense to me...

Krautboy

Mrs Burnett 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-03, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20Burnett Click to send private message to Mrs%20Burnett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Who's holding the torch?"
KB -Thanks for the warm reception here at Blows.

It's interesting that Morgan apparently chose Nicole to carry the torch and Drake chose Sandra. I'm wondering if their fellow castaways see the two of them as the least likely to contribute to this challenge and weak links within their tribes.

09-17-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Who's holding the torch?"
Wonder if one of the rules of this challenge is that only one person may carry the torch? In that case, as you point out, selecting the weakest as torch bearer is part of the strategy...

Krautboy

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Who's holding the torch?"
To me Nicole seems like the obvious choice to carry the torch. In her tight strapless dress, she wouldn't be much use trying to push or pull the cannon, where as Lillian would be of much more use, even if she is weaker, just by the fact that she is dressed for the occasion.
As for the choise of Sandra to carry the torch, no clue. She looks strong, so I would think she would be an asset in helping with the torch, unless she is the person to get sick this time, making her weaker than some of the others on her tribe.

YenSid

09-16-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
28. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-03 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

Mrs. B -- Like Krautboy, I think Lillian is Morgan's appointed torchbearer (that Scout uniform screams "mascot," after all ), because, as you observe, she's not doing anything to help with the cannon.

In the other challenge caps when they are in the undergrowth, you can see by the flame that Morgan's torchbearer is running alongside the tribe instead of out front, in the same general spot in the formation where Lill is here.

It might make sense for them to pass the torch during the challenge but I have a feeling one person carries it the whole distance.

***Edited to add: WRONG -- Nicole is the torch bearer -- see Mistofleas and VerucaSalt posts below.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-03, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Just for the record, when Ryan Aiken was booted in the first episode of S6, it was his birthday that same day. How embarassing.

Coincidentally, if Nicole does indeed get the boot in Episode 1, it will be her birthday the following day.

Kinda makes you go "Hmmm...".

09-16-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Normally once someone is selected for something or not selected to participate, I haven't seen any interchange. Almost like you chose it, you deal with it. Lillian would appear the most reasonable choice and I would be really surprised if more than one person is carrying the torch especially since it appears someone else is holding a flag as well.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
I agree with you Veruca that usually (note the use of the word usually to cover my butt in case someone comes up with a million examples that I'm wrong ) when someone is picked for a task during a challenge they see it through to the end.

Some observations:

Above is the picture of the cannon pulling. I have put 2 circles on it (they're very small I'm sorry, perhaps you can use the circles for reference to the larger picture). The one in red show what I think might be the flame of the torch. It seems to me that because of the way the torch is placed that Nicole is holding the torch, that's why she is only using one hand to "kind of" push the cannon along.

The circle in blue shows what I think to be Lillians hand on the rope helping Ryan pull the cannon. Ryan is closer to the camera and has his arm further back therefore we wouldn't be able to see his and hand on the rope but we can see Lillians.

Now my thoughts are these: Lillian, if she were the torch bearer would not be put in such a power pulling position on the cannon. There is much more potential for falling and you wouldn't want to lose the pull strength of that position.

Nicole holding the torch would make more sense. She's close to the front so she could run up and light the cannon quickly, but also not giving up a power pulling position on the cannon. She knows her main job is to make sure the torch stays lit so she, while wanting to help push, would keep most of her focus on staying upright. She's also not close enough to anyone else where she herself could trip or trip anyone else.

So, Nicole is the torch bearer. But it doesn't matter, they lose the challenge anyway. Now why would they vote out Nicole?

I think the this challenge in and of itself has little to do with it. I believe it's going to be more about personalities than strength for this one.

--spoiling, speculating and spewing since 2001

09-16-03, 01:06 PM (EST)
31. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-03 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

And Misto your view is dead on cuz lookee here from Phoenix

Nicole is holding the torch. Can't mistake that blue dress for anyone else

09-16-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
32. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Misto and VS, you're brilliant! I just realized that can't be Ryan's hand on the rope because you'd see the slack end coming through it. Duh!

So that explain's Nicole awkward assistance with the cannon.

09-16-03, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Good job ladies!"
Great vid cap analyzing!! Thanks for sharing these additional shots. It seems we do not have a Bunglar around this year to give any and all vid caps.

09-16-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Yea us!! Thanks for the Phoenix picture VS, it sure does backup my clumsy analysis.

So, the question is though, with Drake so far in the lead in the above pictures, what is it that causes them to fall behind and lose? Even though I think that the challenge won't have much to do with the decision to oust Nicole, I can't help but wonder what it is that causes Drake to lose.

Or did I just not pay enough attention to the other speculation threads?

--is happy happy

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
This picture (also from Phoenix) seems to show Lill with the torch. There must be a switch!

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S7E01Press/E01PressPictures07

OR... is Nicole completely hidden in the picture behind Lill and holding the torch???

09-16-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
36. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
No, I think you're right pinky. In the picture that you linked, Lillian is holdin the torch behind Osten. You can see Nicoles blue dressed butt at the back of the cannon behind Ryan.

But this is the start of the race, yes? So, at some point maybe when they hit the sand, they switch up so the stronger men are in the back pushing the cannon through the sand and the weaker ones are in the front pulling. Lillian would do better pulling than holding the torch so perhaps she hands off to Nicole.

Is it the same person holding the torch the while time for Drake?

--brought the picture over from phoenix for easier viewing

09-16-03, 03:54 PM (EST)
37. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Actually I don't think that's Nicole's dress, Misto, but rather Ryan O.'s blue-gray shorts. Compare (note the sneakers):

http://www.survivorfever.net/s7_tribes.html

Nicole is probably invisible right behind Lillian, so she might be carrying the torch in this stretch as well.

09-16-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
38. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
I see what you're saying BR. I believe you're correct on that.

I wasn't lookin' for Nicoles butt! Honest!

--1 for 2 today

09-16-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
39. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
sure sure Misto

Personally from the TV Guide pic where Morgan looks so exahusted albiet in front, I think one of two things happen, Drake catches up to the meager lead they have and whatever the final thing they have to do (light something, flag something) Drake pulls it out. They aren't very behind at the last leg and Morgan looks spent.

09-16-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
40. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
You got me Veruca, I admit it *hangs head* I looked at Nicoles butt. *giggles*

I think both teams look doggone tired at the end, so it probably is a pretty close race at the end. We'll see in 2 days I guess.

I'm looking forward to more spoiling with you Veruca (and of course my sweet baboos Brownroach, Krautboy and the rest of the great spoilers!)

--makes a point to notice Ostens butt whenever Veruca is around

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-16-03, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Has anyone yet commented on the fact that the Morgan cannon is not on the cart? Perhaps that is what dooms Morgan. Maybe they can't get it back on correctly or it fails to fire, or they hit a bump and it falls?

Seems kinda nuts to take the thing apart on purpose. It's heavy. That's why it has the frickin wheels.

After zooming in on this pic, I can spot everyone except Nicole. She's got to be behind Lill. The torch is too far behind Lill's head for Lill to be the torchbearer.

Damn. Can't see Nicole's butt.
And she only gets one episode to flaunt it, too.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

09-17-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
44. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Joisey, where do you see that the Morgan cannon is off it's wheels? I'm not seeing it. Now it could be that I've just gotten to work and have yet to down coffee, but all I see is that in the sand portion of the race, Drake is ahead and Morgans cannon is bogged down in the sand.

Help out the caffine deprived misto will ya?

--either needs to start getting up earlier to consume her coffee or just stay in bed all day

09-17-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
46. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Joisey's right Misto -- I had to remove my glasses and put my face against the monitor to get a better look, but Andrew and Ostin are carrying the cannon, here anyway. Everyone else is around the cart -- look at how far over toward Drake Ryan O. is in the back, and you'll see it.

09-17-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
47. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
The challenge probably includes places where they have to move the cannon over or through an obstacle. This may require them disassembling the cannon into smaller lighter pieces and reattaching the wheels on the other side to continue through the course...for example:

How do they get the cannon through this part of the course without disassembling it?

Krautboy

09-17-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
48. "Is there any way"
to get a vid cap thread for each challenge started?

We have lots of vid caps and some great analyzing but I keep getting lost in different threads showing various caps.

Good questions KB. How an earth would they get a cannon through that passage without going around the fence?

09-17-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-03 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

Thanks, KB. As usual, you have an answer.

I guess they do have to take the damn thing apart, but I wonder why they are not using the cart in the pic above.

I also wonder how tight a squeeze it will be to get the cart through that fence. I'm sure it fits, but not easily. I hope they don't have to lift it or take that apart too.

This calls to mind a Jiffy radio show comment about the first challenge this season being the toughest physical challenge ever.

It's over here in the quotes thread.

09-17-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
53. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
I think this part might be right after they come through the fence obstacle. Maybe Andrew and Ostin got the cannon through first, started on ahead, and here the cart people are just catching up to them. But they don't want to stop to replace the cannon on the cart yet because the race is too close.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
Maybe they have to go through this to get the cannon? And when they get to the cannon, maybe they have to put it together as part of the challenge? And one tribe doesn't put it together properly so it comes apart later?

09-17-03, 01:57 PM (EST)
51. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"

Good thought, but the wheels of the cart are visible in that fence photo. Seems they have to go through it with the cart, at least.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"
I looked for the wheels but don't quite see them in that vidcap. Are they on the ground as wheels in use should be?

To take my thought to it's possibly illogical conclusion, maybe they pick up pieces of the cart and cannon after different obstacles then have to put it all together. This would add a certain mental piece to the challenge in addition to the physical. Remember last year's first challenge was a sort of relay where completing each obstacle gave them a key that helped them get through the next leg. If I remember the first S5 challenge was also structured that way.

09-17-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
54. "RE: What leads to Nicole's Demise?"

OK, I blew that picture up til the pixels were the size of popcorn.

I don't see the wheel there. I see a leg. oops.

I do like the "assemble the cannon" theory. Guess we'll know soon.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •