The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-08-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
Hi! Hope I'm not being too much of a DAW and starting new (and possibly stupid) posts but Wezzie and Quartzeye have recently posted pictures of their post-S7 trip to Panama, including some of the inside of one of loser lodge cabins and some tribe boats with missing plugs, etc. They start on page 6 on this thread: http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=16229.topic&start=161&stop=180

However, one of the most interesting thing she said in following posts was this:

"On Quartzeye and my trip to Isla Contadora last week we were able to confirm that booted off players get back into the game. In fact, the 'older woman' is said to get back in 'a couple of times.' She's 'the strongest player' and 'the leader of her boat'. She comes back to Saboga at least twice to get supplies for her tribe.

CBS released the cast photos the day QE arrived in Panama City. She was able to print out the photos and show them to the local islanders that worked on the production. The 'older woman' is reportedly Trish."

Veddy interesting...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... ginger 09-08-03 1
 RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... KeithFan 09-08-03 2
 RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... bebekid 09-08-03 3
   RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... ginger 09-08-03 5
   RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... Brownroach 09-08-03 6
 RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... Brownroach 09-08-03 4
   RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... JazzyJax 09-08-03 7
   RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... ginger 09-08-03 8
       RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... VerucaSalt 09-08-03 9
           RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... ShowMeTheWinner 09-08-03 12
           RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... wendyp 09-09-03 16
               RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... ShowMeTheWinner 09-09-03 17
               RE: Wezzie pictures and return of t... forehead 09-09-03 18
       Just to clarify... Brownroach 09-08-03 10
           RE: Just to clarify... VerucaSalt 09-08-03 11
               RE: Penalty? JazzyJax 09-09-03 19
               RE: Just to clarify... Brownroach 09-09-03 20
                   RE: Just to clarify... AZ_Leo 09-09-03 21
                   RE: Just to clarify... Griffe 09-09-03 22
                       RE: Just to clarify... Brownroach 09-09-03 23
 Wezzie's Site bebekid 09-08-03 13
   RE: Wezzie's Site VerucaSalt 09-09-03 14
   RE: Wezzie's Site jkokoj 09-09-03 15
   RE: Wezzie's Site PepeLePew13 09-09-03 24
       What can I say, Pepe? bebekid 09-09-03 25
           RE: What can I say, Pepe? PepeLePew13 09-09-03 26
   RE: Wezzie's Site Wezzie 09-10-03 27
       RE: Wezzie's Site Krautboy 09-10-03 28
       RE: Wezzie's Site VolcanicGlass 09-10-03 29
       RE: Wezzie's Site PepeLePew13 09-10-03 30
       RE: Wezzie's Site Brownroach 09-10-03 31
       RE: Wezzie's Site JazzyJax 09-10-03 32
           RE: Wezzie's Site Wezzie 09-10-03 33
               More questions Brownroach 09-11-03 34
                   RE: More questions Wezzie 09-11-03 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
(Wincing at 42-year-old Trish being "older woman")-veddy veddy veddy interesting, but also a little alarming. When someone gets booted that I really want off I find it so satisfying; not sure I want the return option there. Especially after watching the debacle that is the end of Paradise Hotel, with its returning, bitter, infantile outcasts...thanks for the info, though.
>

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
Returning players?!? (doing my best Sam Kinneson) AAAAAAAAA!! A! A! AAAAAAAA! AAAAA!

Please let this be the biggest mis-information! It's going to be a tough sell to hardcore Survivor fans.

Great heads up though! Thanks for the info. Maybe I WON'T feel bad about having to work Thursday nights now and relying on the gods of VHS.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-08-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
Hey JazzyJax!

I thought about posting this as well. I believe Wezzie said she would have a summary up on SurvivorFever later this week. So we can add that link to this thread when she does.

This is the thread that erikman said Wezzie reported that she thinks Darrah wins. She has since edited that part out. Not sure why. But peeps at Sucks are saying Wezzie and Quartzeye believe Osten would place third and Trish and Darrah are the final 2 and they favor Darrah to win.

erikman, can you confirm this?

09-08-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
This would be a "twist" in that the boy-girl-boy-girl winner thing would finally be broken.

>

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
Yes, and Erikman, Wezzie seems to have edited out info about Nicole as well -- something about the men being kept away from her and perhaps her getting naked, judging from two of the response posts. Can you elaborate on what that was about?

09-08-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
I find it difficult to believe that Trish left and then returned to the game not just once, but "a couple of times." Quartzeye says later in the thread that they were told the same thing by different people, but also that the locals didn't know or care anything about Survivor.

Maybe if Trish won a couple of ICs, they interpreted it as getting back in the game each time, just because she couldn't get voted out.

09-08-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
True Brownroach, but I am curious as to why twelve are sequestered at all? On islands that small I cannot imagine someone would not have a clue, especially since other Survivor editions have been previously filmed nearby.

I think this would actually be a great thing, as long as the bootee did not take the place of someone still in the game.

09-08-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
Snewser hints that there are limitations on alcohol consumption and a workout regime at Loser Lounge because the pre-jury ejectees may compete for a return spot.

>

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
With this and SNN and PanamaVacation we can at least see there is corraboration that

at LEAST one player returns to the game (and consensus is that it is "older woman")

Final three are a male and two women and the final two are two women older and younger.

There is some confusion as to the final three male b/c PV says he is bearded but there was talk that was mentioned in this thread about Osten but if he was the final three male, wouldn't you say a black man as opposed to a bearded man? That would be a better description I would think.

The LL is more like a holding tank b/c they are not given all the food and what have you b/c they are in a holding tank to potentially return to the game. This no doubt is the BIG TWIST for this season.

There has been mention either posted, posted/edited or just posted speculating that the end people could be Darrah, Osten, Trish, Michelle as well as info posted or posted/edit or whatever that the first couple booted were a young platinum/ashy female and tall, sickly male which could be Christa, Nicole, Ryan essentially.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-08-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
There is some confusion as to the final three male b/c PV says he is bearded but there was talk that was mentioned in this thread about Osten but if he was the final three male, wouldn't you say a black man as opposed to a bearded man? That would be a better description I would think.

This is my thoughts too. Why would they refer to him as a bearded man rather than a black man? I have no doubt that Osten makes it far because of the weight loss spoiler but I'm not convinced that he's Final 3. Is this the guesswork derived from the Final 3 "non-invisible ink" spoiler in SNews (Trish,Michelle,Osten)? I'm just a little puzzled as to why everyone (including TDT) is assuming Osten is Final 3.
I'm leaning towards Trish and Darrah/Michelle for Final 2 at this point. No guess for 3rd place yet.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-09-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
The refrence to Osten being the bearded man opposed to the black man. Remember alot of the people on the islands have dark tans/skin so Osten may not stand out to them as a black man. Also they said what everyone thinks as Ryan S as the tall sickly man not a tall white man. It just seems that they are not describing any of the people as white or black.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
I would think that the source would describe Osten as a black man because the source would compare Osten to the other contestants on the show as opposed to the people of Panama. If Survivor was a Chinese production and all the contestants were Chinese with the exception of one white guy, I'd certainly describe the white guy as the white guy and not a "bearded man". I'd definitely use the other contestants as my point of referance. Oh well... maybe the source didn't want to appear racist.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Wezzie pictures and return of the bootees"
I think both VerucaSalt and wendyp make good points. If there are 3 men left late in the game, one of them Osten, you'd think the black man reference would be an obvious one.

On the other hand, if there are 2 men left late in the game, one of them Osten and the other a recent RC winner who got to shave, then the bearded one would also be a likely reference.

Combine the different scenarios with the fact that this is second hand info of locals who may not have a great understanding of the game, I'll keep this piece of info in mind, without drawing any conclusions yet.

09-08-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
10. "Just to clarify..."
I believe the info revealed in the SNN article that one person returns to the game after being booted initially. But I find it hard to believe that it would happen "a couple of times" to the same person.

09-08-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Just to clarify..."
Right BR. This "could" be an error made in just the wording; I'm not sure but we can kind of at LEAST one person returns due to SNN and Wezz/QE's statement. Personally I don't like it and much less if more than one.

09-09-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Penalty?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-03 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

I wonder if this has more to do with not getting a "penalty" when winning RC. Perhaps the winners get to add to their stash at the village?

Edited to correct spelling...

09-09-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Just to clarify..."
Any reshuffling of contestants has to stop after Ep 8, I expect. The person voted out at the end of Ep 8 will be the first jury member, and I doubt MB won't honor the tradition that all contestants still in play at that juncture will at least be on the jury.

However, since the actual jury formation starts at the Ep 8 TC, there could be an exchange early in Ep 8 to bring back a bootee and dump someone who would have been an automatic juror in prior installments.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if we get any more clues about multiple return bootees. JazzyJax's observation about the 12 cabins is germane. The SNN spoiler says the pre-jury boots were moved out when it was time for the jurors to start arriving, so theoretically they needed only 7 cabins. Why did they build 12?

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-09-03, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Just to clarify..."
They wouldn't have just the bootees on that island. The extra cabins could be for production staff supporting the contestants.

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-09-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Just to clarify..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-03 AT 04:17 AM (EST)

Brownroach, they would need more than just 7 cabins as the booted players aren't there alone...They had handlers to take care of them.

09-09-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Just to clarify..."
I figured they'd have some production personnel there too, Griffe, but the cabins all look pretty identical from the overhead shots. It seemed more plausible that they would build one or two larger, more fitted-out structures to house the staff. But maybe not.

09-08-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Wezzie's Site"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-03 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

She has her Panama pictures up on her site:

http://www.survivorwezzie.com/

What's her story, anyway? I guess Bob is her husband? He is a urologist. That might explain Wezzie's apparent free time and funds to take these trips. Wow. Good for her and us!

edited to say: BTW, where is Krautboy? Only 10 days to the premiere. Krautboy, we need you!

09-09-03, 08:46 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
This was a pretty short trip from what I could tell from the posts and she and Dan Bollinger have been doing their Survivor Maps forever so I guess her next calling was to actually go to one of the places. I would love to have done that (I think)

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-09-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
From what I have read and seen of Wezzie in the past 2 years is that Survivor is her passion and her hobby. She likes to travel to the places where Survivor has been filmed. It does appear that she must have some money in order to do this.

Wezzie's insights have always been fun to read. I wish I were able to do the things she has done. Really would make life a lot more fun, and a good way to be a spoiler!LOL

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
>edited to say: BTW, where is Krautboy? Only 10 days
>to the premiere. Krautboy, we need you!

Not only did you unearth the potential spoiler of the season with Darrah, but you apparently have uncanny timing and/or a magic connection that Krautboy picked up on as he got back here only a few hours after you posted this!

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

09-09-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
25. "What can I say, Pepe?"
I seem to have the touch this season!

09-09-03, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What can I say, Pepe?"
Pssst, think you can help me out with the NFL picks? I really do need some extra cash to help pay for the huge daycare bills and other things...

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.

Wezzie 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-10-03, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
Hi. It's Wezzie. Phoenix gave this site great reviews, so I thought I'd check it out...and found this thread.

btw, I totally forgot to put the photos of the Loser Lodges on my website. I should give them to VGlass for her gallery, I guess. Each cabin had two queen (or double..I don't know for sure) beds in it, a closet a toilet,sink and really big shower. I'm guessing that one survivor and their handler stayed in each cabin. They said there were 12, but we counted 12 with a wooden roof and netting and one with a tile roof. There was also a single cabin on a nearby island, but two people said that Survivor didn't use it. There was an outdoor kitchen and a nice dining area. It's possible that the island's caretaker and the kitchen staff stayed on the island....but I don't know for sure. The sewer pipes from the cabins go directly into the sea, which is pissing off everyone in the area. At least it's survivor poop.Apparently the survivors snorkeled, swam and rowed boats during the day.

If you have questions, ask away.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-10-03, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
Hi Wezzie! It's nice to have a celebrity visit!! Hope you'll stop by from time to time. Lot's of good people here...

Krautboy

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-10-03, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-03 AT 03:35 AM (EST)

Hi Wezzie -

I uploaded some of your pictures here. Thanks!

I am confused about the number of houses on Perico... You had originally posted that it was 11 houses + another one that was different. Just want to double check that it really is 12 houses on Perico ... It's hard to tell from that amazing overhead shot.

09-10-03, 07:09 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
Welcome, Wezzie! Great to have you here!

Any idea how much interaction the Survivors were allowed to have on Loser Lodge? Were they able to talk freely or always had someone nearby to tell them what they couldn't talk about, etc? Dunno if you'd get that kind of info from these people in the area...

09-10-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
Thanks for visiting, Wezzie. The pictures are phenomenal!

09-10-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
Wow! Thanks for stopping by Wezzie! A celebrity indeed! The pictures are great, what a cool trip.

Two beds per cabin, also veddy interesting. Way too small and cramped for just the production crew I would think. They were snorkeling in their own sewer area? Yuk.

Anyhow, how much interaction did you have with the locals? Taken as a whole, there seems to be more Survivor sightings from the locals than just the one market trip. Since it sounded like there was pretty good boating restrictions around the islands, it seems as if the Survivors were allowed to roam a bit more than usual during the game.

Thanks!

09-10-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Wezzie's Site"
Thanks everyone, for the welcome.

The cabins.. We took two trips around the island, one of which included going into one of the cabins. BTW, we had full permission from the hotel to do this. The Hotel Contadora, the Hotel Punta Galeon and the Perico cabins are all owned by the same Colombian family. We got permission to see the cabins, so everything was on the up and up.

Anyway, when we sailed around the island, I think we counted 12 wooden roofs and one tile roof. (The owners intended to do all the cabins with tile roofs, but found that the rooms got too hot, so the rest have wooden or composite roofs. They had netting with fake leaves on them - camoflage type netting - so I couldn't tell.) But when we were on the island, we asked the caretaker how many cabins there were, and he said 12. Let's use his number.

The arial photo is great. Hubby Bob was clicking away during the short flight from Panama City to Contadora. As we flew over the Pearl Islands he took photos of two little islands during our approach onto Contadora. Just coincidently, the islands he snapped were Saboga and Perico. Good fortune for spoilers, huh.

The contestants were kept away from the locals. Most people said that they never saw any contestants. SEG was careful this time, but not careful enough apparently. Locals saw the contestants leaving on Aeroperlas. The airport is just outside the lobby of the Punta Galeon.... meeting the plane is a big event during the day for the local business owners.

09-11-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
34. "More questions"
Thanks for the details, Wezzie.

Couple more questions:

We heard that Shawn and Jon are the last people to leave Isla Contadora on a plane. (Their photos were pointed at.)

and

Locals saw the contestants leaving on Aeroperlas.

I'm curious about this. It suggest Jon and Shawn might be the last pre-jury boots to be removed from Loser Lodge. Do you know approximately when they left Contadora? And were people leaving on different planes at different times?

Also, did you get any sense if the early bootees were allowed additional clothing once they got to Isla Perico? It looks like there were no closets in the cabins.

Thanks again!

09-11-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
35. "RE: More questions"
Oops..good point. I should have asked WHEN they left on the plane. I assumed he meant at the end of filming, but possibly that's not right. Sorry.

The cabins had nice closets. I had to be a little coy about taking photos, so I didn't catch everything. QE was taking photos too, maybe she got something more.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •