The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: "Only The Clothes On Their Backs" Commercial"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-03, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: "Only The Clothes On Their Backs" Commercial"
I think this commercial has already been airing for a few days, but I only got a chance to vidcap it tonight.

I haven't been reading the boards much so maybe someone can already explain why we're hearing all these reports of Rupert's barely-there island wardrobe if he's shown jumping off the boat with pants (see #21)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VIDCAPS: "Only The Clothes On T... jkokoj 09-04-03 1
 RE: VIDCAPS: "Only The Clothes On T... wendyp 09-04-03 2
 Rupert without pants forehead 09-04-03 3
   RE: Rupert without pants smrtNsassybnkr 09-04-03 4
       From Survivorweb.com...... smrtNsassybnkr 09-04-03 5
           RE: From Survivorweb.com...... VerucaSalt 09-04-03 6
               RE: From Survivorweb.com...... jkokoj 09-04-03 7
       RE: Rupert without pants princessoftides 09-05-03 9
           RE: Rupert without pants Brownroach 09-08-03 10
               RE: Rupert without pants princessoftides 09-10-03 11
 Thanks as usual, Webby! PhoenixMons 09-05-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-04-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VIDCAPS: "Only The Clothes On Their Backs" Commercial"
I heard and saw the previews last night during BB. Jeff was pretty happy and told them they had to some incentive to jump because the bundle he threw overboard was their shoes!

Not sure why Rupert has to wear a skirt. Maybe his pants caught fire and burned up.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-04-03, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VIDCAPS: "Only The Clothes On Their Backs" Commercial"
Read that Rupert does not have anything under his pants, so in order for him to take them off one of the ladies gave him part of her skirt. I will try and find where I read it and link it.

Thanks for the vid caps!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-04-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Rupert without pants"
Don't have time to link details. But supposedly the following things happen:

Cast is told to dress for a press meeting. Big CBS lie. Maroon in fancy clothes.

Challenge pulling a cannon. (cannon with blue is shown firing, plus Drake (blue) has a pic with what could be immunity idol - Drake wins.)

Tribes go to a village with money to get supplies, in addition they can barter - so Rupert might get some supplies for his clothes... (if anybody in the village would want them) After the village visit - they might even decide to re-distribute remaining clothes among themselves.

forehead

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-04-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rupert without pants"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-03 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

I believe that I read (somewhere on this board?) That they were given $$ to spend at a local village on whatever then thought they would need. One tribe bought chickens, beans, other food items and 4 gallons of wine. But it was noted that no one bought additional clothing.

For the women in dresses and sandals, that may have been a mistake. It might of been to their advantage to buy a pair of pants (perhaps the kind that zip off at the knee if available) and a pair of sensible shoes. I'm not sure of the amount of $$, perhaps they thought clothing would be a waste, but that doesn't say much about the reasoning for the wine.....At least they should have some fun, I suppose.....

The chicken was a good idea though, and beans are a good source of protein....smart choices there..........

Edited to add (from survivorweb.com):
-No one buys any beach clothing at the island village and they have to make due with what they have. Christa gives the bottom of her skirt to Rupert who uses it as a towel-like device that he wraps around his waist (the article mentions that he has nothing on underneath, which one producer calls, "kind of sickening").

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-04-03, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "From Survivorweb.com......"
Shiver me timbers! How'd you like to be invited to a fancy party aboard a schooner, only to be ordered shortly after arriving to walk the plank while wearing your finest duds? Well, that's what happens to the latest 16 castaways as the seventh season gets under way on the Pearl Islands off the coast of Panama. Executive producer Mark Burnett describes the players' reactions to the devilish twist he devised as “a combination of shock, horror and laughter.” After the deep-sea plunge, the two tribes, Morgan and Drake, swim to a village to buy supplies before traveling to their respective camps.

Posted by producer

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-04-03, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: From Survivorweb.com......"
I did see on a cap, Rupert on the island with those pants back on from SF.

I can only assume that maybe he wore the "skirt" while waiting for his pants to dry because he is working that fish which means this is a little later after they arrive I guess so maybe by this point his pants are now dry?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-04-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: From Survivorweb.com......"
That tribe is not gonna starve! Boy is he intimidating! I like him so far though!

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-05-03, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rupert without pants"
A couple of the articles have said that Jeff throws them a bag of sneakers when they go overboard, so that's probably why they didn't buy shoes.

The food I guess was a good idea, altho' I would think you'd buy stuff to GET food instead - nets, fishhooks, stuff like that....

Incidentally, the chicken & beans reference is on this board, in the thread called "Ep 1 Title: "Beg, Barter, Steal". (Sorry, I've been lurking for a loooooong time, but am new enough to posting that I don't know how to link to messages in other threads yet )

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rupert without pants"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-03 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

Welcome to SB, princess.

To link to another message or page just copy the address and paste it into your message text, like so:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4012.shtml#1

Edited to add: to link to a specific post within a thread, click on that post in the thread's Table of Contents and copy that address.

You can preview your message before posting it to make sure the link is activated.

Also, you can click on the HTML Reference for tips on how to do things. This appears above the message box when you are typing a new message.

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-10-03, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rupert without pants"
Thanks, Brownroach, for the tip and the welcome!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-05-03, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Thanks as usual, Webby!"
These are some GREAT vidcaps...I'll have to take a better look at them when I have time later for spoiler value.

I must say, aside from Rupert and Michelle, I was thinking this season was looking a bit too much like last season's ultra-young cast with uber-DAWs (blech) instead of real people. But with the twists it seems we're getting, I might actually enjoy this season (anything has GOT to be better than last season). The pirate theme and what appears to be a completely original/different "entrance" from past seasons could make for an exciting season. I can't wait to see what this season has in store based upon these vidcaps and the speculation that can follow.

Yay, Webby! You've helped restore my giddy excitement for Survivor - we don't get commercials here on military overseas TV network, so I have to rely on your vidcaps each season THANKS a million!

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •