The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New finale format"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New finale format"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1643

What if they don't vote until the live finale show? That way know one could ever know who wins.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New finale format Brownroach 08-29-03 1
   RE: New finale format PepeLePew13 08-29-03 2
       completely agree pepe I_AM_HE 08-29-03 3
 RE: New finale format AZ_Leo 08-29-03 4
   Great idea! AyaK 08-29-03 5
       RE: Great idea! rpm 08-31-03 8
   RE: New finale format Spidey 08-29-03 6
       RE: New finale format AZ_Leo 08-29-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New finale format"
That could be cool. Then they have the benefit of seeing all the confessionals first. Think Brian would have won S5 if MB did it that way?

On the other hand, not to be morbid, but what if someone dies in the interim?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New finale format"
>That could be cool. Then
>they have the benefit of
>seeing all the confessionals first.
> Think Brian would have
>won S5 if MB did
>it that way?

Personally, I don't like this. How do you keep contestants from talking to each other and bouncing ideas or feelings off each other which could totally impact a vote? Finding out through the internet what so-and-so does for a living and changing your vote as a result? Too many variables, I just don't like it...

>On the other hand, not to
>be morbid, but what if
>someone dies in the interim?

Well, that's why MB put a mortician in the cast this time around.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "completely agree pepe"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-03 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

if this is true, i don't like it at all. i've never liked the lockbox either though. is there really anything that says they don't just read the votes out there on the island like they did (i think) on S1?

that seems fairly likely anyway, with the reference to RIch at the beginning of the article...

ETA: is it possible they could set up all the camera and sound stuff and kick out all the crew, maybe have MB and/or someone he trusts implicitly manning the only camera(s) at the final TC(s) so as to avoid anyone but the contestants, Jiffy and MB knowing who won?

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-29-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New finale format"
TOtally off the wall idea and I haven't thought through the details but considering the whole pirate theme, could it have something to do with burying them, as in buried treasure? We still don't know where the finale will be and if indeed ASS is also being filmed in the Pearl Islands they could easily have a crew already there.

Either that or the rumors about Survivor still being in the Pearl Islands for the fall isn't ASS but for the finale.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Great idea!"
Oh, I LIKE that idea, AZ_Leo. "Bury" the votes, then go back for the finale and show it live from Panama, including digging up the votes. Since "All-Star Survivor" will wrap around Dec. 2, MB could do it without any scheduling problem, as long as the Tribal Council set was still in the Pearl Islands. This explains why MB would need hotel space reserved in Panama (and keep others off the islands, too) until the time of the show. It's a nice, simple solution that ties together everything that we know.

rpm 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-31-03, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rpm Click to send private message to rpm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Great idea!"
I like the idea too AZ_Leo. But when it fell off the wall it hit me on the head and gave me hallucinations similar to AyaK's.

If the All-Star Survivor is filmed in the Pearl Islands as well, why not have the All-Stars dig up the buried treasure chest containing the final votes for Survivor 7? I think that there are two possible opportunities for them to do it and still not give up any spoilers for All-Star Survivor.

The first involves locating and excavating the treasure chest in the very first reward or immunity challenge. They would film the two teams of All-Stars racing through an obstacle course of some sort. The first team to get to a key that unlocks the treasure chest wins reward or immunity. There is much happiness for the winning team and sorrow for the losers. Up to that point all the film would only be shown on the first episode of the All-Star Survivor.

Then Jeff tells all 16 of the All-Stars to remove their buffs so as not to reveal who is on which team because the next part they film will be shown only on the S7 final. And since no one from the All-Star game has been voted off yet there will be no spoiler info for the All-Star game. Jeff unlocks the chest and counts the votes. This tape will be shown in front of the live gathering of the S7 cast at the finale.

Yes, all 16 All-Stars will know who won S7, but who are they going to tell? There not going back to the States for another 39 days until shortly before the final of S7 airs. (If memory serves me right, the Amazon cast got home only a week or ten days before the Thailand final aired) And the All-Stars are people who have proved to be good little secret keepers with big bounties on their heads if they tell. Even the All-Star production crew that taped the revelation of the S7 winner would have limited contact with home. Phone calls and E-mail to home could be monitored like the military does to deployed troups.

The second opportunity would be right after the All-Stars finish. Suppose Burnett arranges the final All-Star Tribal Council to occur on the day before the final of Survivor 7 airs on TV. All 16 of the All-Stars would then have time to shower and shave before appearing live in the Pearl Islands to dig up the treasure chest and reveal the Survivor 7 winner to the Survivor 7 cast which is gathered in NY or LA or wherever. Jeff would probably even have enough time to get back to host the live S7 reunion. The only problem with this scenerio is that the weight loss of the final two All-Stars might be big enough to give away that ending.

Both of these opportunities could serve as the official announcement of the cast of All-Stars as well as providing much needed hype for the edition of Survivor that has to go up against the final episodes of Friends.

But all of this is predicated on the assumption that the All-Stars are going to the Pearl Islands too. If they aren't, then my hallucinations may be a result of some bad mushrooms on my pizza.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New finale format"
Good idea! That would be cool, except that no SB peeps could go to the finale party!

Seriously, I think it is a great idea and a nice change. I still don't understand how this could prevent F2 spoilers though, and clearly the Bo-dog spoiler was a big one they were ticked about.

Maybe they've buried all the contestants too, so there are no weight loss spoilers either?

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-29-03, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New finale format"
I have a vague recollection that the Bodogg people didn't actual work for Survivor but may have had access to where they were editing? I could be completely wrong.

In theory, they could not only leave the box in Panama but also the tapes. I believe they do much of the initial editing of episodes on site so they would still have all those facilities available. This way no one outside of the core group could even have a chance of seeing the results until the finished episode was transmitted to the network.

The other thought I had is that MB tried to pull off making the audience believe they were still on site for both S3 and S5 even though they were in a studio. But in each case something, lighting/sound, gave it away to savvy viewers. If they stay in Panama no studio, no set to rebuild, and nothing to break the illusion (since it won't be an illusion).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •