The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-28-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
Regardless of how they got there, the initial survival skills set the tone. MB separated the pack, to prevoke. This time, seemingly blatently. Ie: let the dominants fight amoungst themselves, the domanant of, to later come to grips with a true-est from the loser tribe.
As always, the simpletons will be discarded first, then the distraught, then the poor liars.

Able v/s the Unable?

If you read from feft to right...

advancing

retreating

If you judge a book by it's cover...

(from: survivorfever.net)
Drake...the ready and willing.

(from: survivorfever.net)
Morgan...the uncertain.

"What if it rains?"

"I'm on it. We need the fish oil to rain-proof the roof."

Weaving the netty stuff.

"The good news is... you look hot."

"The bad news is... the rest of us don't have a clue."

The Drakes' set-up looks better than the Morgans'.
MB's separatist inclination, with a token "girl scout" to help the helpless.
The Drakes are the learned pursuers, the Morgans are the street smart followers.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: Firs... Turkishdelights 08-31-03 1
   RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: Firs... erikman 08-31-03 3
       RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: Firs... princessoftides 09-03-03 4
 RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: Firs... JazzyJax 08-31-03 2
 RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: Firs... Turkishdelights 09-03-03 5
 RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: Firs... smrtNsassybnkr 09-04-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-31-03, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Turkishdelights Click to send private message to Turkishdelights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
It seems to me as if there are many more 'likable' personalities in the Drake tribe... all I see when I look at the Morgan bunch are misfits and freaks.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-31-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
>It seems to me as if
>there are many more 'likable'
>personalities in the Drake tribe...
>all I see when I
>look at the Morgan bunch
>are misfits and freaks.
the drakes have all the freaks rupert jon and crista, instead of buyng more cloths they buy 4 jugs of wine.

princessoftides 32 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-03, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessoftides Click to send private message to princessoftides Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-03 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

Hmmm.... I don't know; Rupert I grant you, and possibly Jon as well. But Christa sounds spunky and interesting, despite the weird hairdo thing. The Morgans, on the other hand, have an undertaker, a 23-year-old punk wannabe, and a Boy Scout leader who's stuck wearing her uniform for the entire game. Sounds more misfit to me.

That said, never underestimate the power of misfits & underdogs. Witness Chuay Gan in Thailand, and the women in the Amazon.... Sometimes being a misfit only makes one that much scrappier!

------

Edited to say that since posting the above I have since learned more about Christa and OK, I see your point. But I still say, watch out for the misfits - they may surprise you!

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-31-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
Hmmmm - does seem to be a lot of good Drake footage and info going on, could this be a MB setup? After all, the ladies did get off to better start challenge-wise last time (regardless of the mess they made of camp setup : )

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-03, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Turkishdelights Click to send private message to Turkishdelights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
It's interesting to note that MB has chosen to show Drake as much more of a cohesive unit than the Morgan bunch... The Drakes are all close together; their body language is suggesting they're all one big happy family. On the other hand, you've got the Morgans who are shown each standing separately, some of them almost with their backs facing each other. I wonder if this is how MB planned on editing the groups when he chose them.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-04-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Drakes vs The Morgans: First Impressions..."
Just a passing thought....did anyone else notice that Christa (supposedly reported to be racist) is on the tribe with only ONE minority (Sandra - hispanic), and both Osten and Tijuana are on the opposite tribe....Perhaps MB knew of Christa's "reported" postings via the internet...........

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •