The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-03 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

I'm A Celebrity -- Get Me Out Of Here!
Episode 6 Summary
"Rained Out"
By AyaK

Previously on I'm A Celebrity -- Get Me Out Of Here! ...

We learned how brilliant of a producer Mark Burnett is; this show is re-enacting Survivor: The Australian Outback without wit, humor or interest. Today, the campsite floods. And it's LIVE.

Day 6

Bruce says that everyone was wet and miserable all night, and they keep looking for that big yellow thing that used to come up in the sky in L.A.

Robin wants the new leader to be either himself or Melissa. He's it. Immediately, he decides to go to the producers and demand gear to withstand the storm. A tarp, dry things, more toilet paper so Bruce will stop rationing it, gardeners, cooks, masseuses, the list goes on forever.

John LIVE, the host, tells us that they've had more rain in the last six days than there has been in a year. Perhaps so, John, but Colby and Tina could have told you everything you needed to know about how much it can rain in an Australian rain forest. As Rudy might put it, those people must have been pretty dumb to build their camp in a riverbed, but you must be even dumber to go back to film in the same area and expect a different result. It rains in a rain forest. Duh.

Melissa starts bitching, and everyone else joins in. The faux celebrities (also known as the fauxies) dig a ditch to drain water, but it doesn't help much.

It's "Nikki for a quickie" and Tyson heading out to look for today's treasure chest. Nikki moves seductively against Tyson. He eyes the chest and touches the box. A snake appears. They moan in unison. But to the producers' obvious frustration, all that actually happens next is they take the treasure chest back to camp, unfulfilled. Apparently certain kinds of acting are easier to perform away from the eye of the camera.

Question: "What is a bigger turnoff to women in a partner: bad breath or a hairy back?" Easy one, and they actually answer correctly with "bad breath." They win mouthwash, in the hopes that there will be some action on this show other than just wallowing in the mud. They also win dry towels. But how to keep them dry, when all it does is rain?

Tyson, in confessional, says that he and Cris have bonded, but Bruce wants to take Cris away from him. Hmmm. It seems that bad breath and the rain aren't the only reason that there hasn't been any male-female action on this show (except in the fantasies of viewers and summary writers, that it).

The producers provide tents to cover the sleeping area. Along with the dry towels, that makes two wishes from Robin's list fulfilled for the fauxies.

Julie tells America that she still hates Alana but that Stuttering John has been great. She says she can't wait for people to get booted. America replies that it can't wait for her to meet her kin, the leeches.

Julie heads off to the trial. She gets to meet Bob, the leech wrangler. What a great job. "Bob, what do you want to be when you grow up?" "I want to be a leech wrangler, mom!" I'm sure his family is thrilled.

Bob assures Julie that people used to think leeches were medicinal, and their bites (using their 300 (!!!) teeth), don't leave a scar. Then they show her the tub, filled with hundreds of leeches. The challenge is to dive in for 5 minutes; she'll get a star for every 30 seconds. In she goes. Yummy, say the leeches. Bite. Bite. Bite. Leech bites sting, as Julie learns. Bite. Bite. Bite.

After 2.5 minutes and five stars, Julie gives up. She climbs out ... and there is a cluster of leeches stuck to her. Bob squirts something on them and they fall off. Rats, they didn't drink all her blood. She says that the leech bites felt like bee stings or acupuncture needles.

Like Alana, Julie wants to come back and brag. Of course, she doesn't have nearly as much to brag about, because she only won half as many meals as Alana did, but her ego leads her to brag twice as much.

In a live shot, it's still raining.

Everyone has lost their patience. Robin and Melissa decide to go whine to the producers some more. Waaah. Waaah. The producer gives them each a pacifier. They demand eight more. Melissa and Robin return to camp and start discussing walking out. It can't hurt their careers, because they're moribund anyway. Stuttering John says he won't go with them.

The producers, who have already given these losers tents, dry towels, and dry food today, tell the fauxies that they'll get dry clothes in 10 minutes. But no gardeners, cooks, or masseuses, because they're aren't enough Mexicans within 2000 miles for these 10 to use as slaves ... uh, servants.

Everyone starts whining over whether to leave or stay. I, for one, realize how lucky we Survivor viewers were that Mark Burnett edited the contestant rebellions out of S1 and S2; they're dull.

Final decision time. Robin wants to leave. Can't see why, because I always thought pigs liked to wallow in the mud. Bruce and Alana decide to stay, and they start scoping each other out. Maria decides to stay, too. Apparently she hopes that, if everyone else walks, she might finally get some air time. John, of course, is staying. Tyson wants to walk and is disappointed that his mate Cris is undecided. Ooh, the Tyson-Cris-Bruce triangle seems to be generating a few sparks, as several words get bleeped, and Tyson and Cris call each other names that you generally only hear in fights among women. The reasons J-Lo divorced Cris are becoming clearer by the day.

Finally, since so many people will stay, the other fauxies realize that leaving means they'll give up their last chance to work in L.A. ... and decide to stay as well. Zzzzz.

John LIVE shows up to tell the soaked fauxies that the next trial will feature ... Julie again. They didn't say what it would be, but I'm hoping for finger-wagging or stirring conflict, in which Julie excels. Oh, and tomorrow will be the last show with no boot. And don't forget, they're LIVE ... and very, very, very wet. Too bad they don't have rain make-ups on live TV.

Next episode: "Friend or Faux?"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... Bebo 02-25-03 1
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... smiley 02-25-03 2
   The "LIVE" factor AyaK 02-25-03 4
       RE: The "LIVE" factor joannie 02-25-03 5
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... wildchickenhunter 02-25-03 3
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... CardShark 02-25-03 6
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... survivorscott 02-25-03 7
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... minitroll 02-25-03 8
 RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E... Loree 02-26-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20886 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Thank you for yet again providing a more interesting summary than the show.

I want to be a leech wrangler, Mom!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-25-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
AAAhhhh I heard that this so called "jungle" they are in is somewhere in N.S.W. I had not watched the show but thought I would give it a try last night. Hate to burst everyones bubble LOL but given the time they were showing on the ticker last night it was not live LOL

AyaK 10321 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The "LIVE" factor"
Actually, there are only little live inserts during the show. Virtually all of last night's episode was taped. However, each time they come back from commercial break, the host (John Lehr -- I really do know his name ) tells us that he's broadcasting LIVE from Australia. This goes on for about 15-30 seconds, then they return to tape. Oh, and the choice for each trial (at the end of the show) is LIVE.

Last night, one of the live segments showed everyone being happy. John LIVE told us that this was because they had just returned with the treasure chest that we'll see them opening tonight.

However, I haven't wanted to mock the show's odd time warp. Instead, the show itself is terrible, and I've stuck to mocking it. Terrible ... but fascinating, just like watching a train wreck in s-l-o-w motion.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-25-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The "LIVE" factor"

>Last night, one of the live
>segments showed everyone being happy.
> John LIVE told us
>that this was because they
>had just returned with the
>treasure chest that we'll see
>them opening tonight.

I thought for a minute there, NotJeff was going to slip and show us a "live" segment! "Here we are...LIVE...at the camp. Everyone is happy because it looks like they got the "treasure chest" question right, but instead of opening it on LIVE TV, we're going to save it for tomorrow's show!"

WTF!!??

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Wow Ayak, is that what happened. I watched but must have been drunk.
Thanks for clearing it up.

CardShark 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CardShark Click to send private message to CardShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Great job, Ayak! Much better than the actual thing!

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-25-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Maria decides to stay, too. Apparently she hopes that, if everyone else walks, she might finally get some air time

Maria Who? Poor girl she won the leadership roll and on a two hour show, they never mentioned it.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

minitroll 3898 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-25-03, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Another great job AyaK! Thanks for keeping us all entertained!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RTVW Summary: I'm A Celebrity E6 -- 'Rained Out'"
Great Summary again AyaK

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •