The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
Below are vidcaps from tonight's Inside Edition segment... more shows to come

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Regular marooning? skyisbluu 08-28-03 1
 RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition se... realitycoholic 08-29-03 2
   RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition se... VerucaSalt 08-29-03 3
 RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition se... wendyp 08-29-03 4
   RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition se... AZ_Leo 08-29-03 5
       RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition se... skyisbluu 08-29-03 6
           RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition se... AZ_Leo 08-29-03 7
               Supplies: smrtNsassybnkr 08-29-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-28-03, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Regular marooning?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-03 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

Just going from observation here...Is it just me or does in look like we're in store for another normal marooning this season? From the way they are jumping ship, it seems as thought Jiffy has just anounced that the castaways have 10 minutes to gather what they can and start swimming...
Although, at second glance, this cast looks extremely formal to me, wearing suit jackets and ties, dresses, scout uniforms (!?) and such (with the exception of Pirate Rupert - what IS with that shirt?). Normally, when you are knowingly being thrown overboard to fend for yourself for the next 39 days, you dress a little more appropriately, no?
Also, notice all the luggage surrounding the group in vidcap #7. They look like they are about to go on a cruise. Wouldn't they all have a minimal amount of clothing stashed away in 16 identical pirate-theme knapsacks? Maybe it was MB's plan to make the cast THINK they are going on a cruise, and then toss them all overboard with nothing but the clothes on their backs? From the looks of the girls in vidcap #29, it seems like it. This would certainly make for for a new twist, possibly the marooning we've "never seen before"? Just a thought...

=================
After further research in some of the other threads, appears to be that the castways are actually marooned with just the clothing on their backs after some sort of press conference. Looks like they do a little bit of impromtu tailoring of the garments to be able to last the 39 days.
Seems I shouldn't go into big speaches about the vidcaps until I've read PAST the first thread on the page...Just gets me in trouble.

Oopsy

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-29-03, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
I'm worried! Very, very worried! What in the world is TODDLJ going to write about for his Survivor Fashion Reports? Is he going to give points for creativity? Is he going to give a commentary on "101 Things to do With a Simple Strapless Dress"? Is he going to give up and not write about this Survivor?

Please report in, Larry!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-29-03, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-03 AT 08:49 AM (EST)

On the boat there are backpacks so these can't be the only clothes they have. Somehow getting their other gear must come into play and I'm wondering if that is going to be a RC of sorts. They probably told them prior to landing at the islands they will do press photos etc and to wear something they want their photos to look like PRIOR to them going to the island, then stopped them and told them to jump off. They have backpacks so they have got to be given to them at some point. The first challenge with the cannon shows some of them still wearing the clothes they jumped in I believe so they may keep them from their other clothes until the first RC maybe?

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-29-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
In vid caps 16 - 18 the guy in a suit (do not know all the names yet) is jumping in without his jacket. He does have it on in earlier shot. I know it is hot, but if you are told this is all you have to wear why would he not wear the jacket for a blanket at night?? Of for some of the ladies ~ gott keep the team healthy and strong??

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-29-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
He may have thrown it ahead of time. It does show up in the some of the other previews around a girls shoulder and I think I've seen it on the raft.

My question: where did the straw hat come from? I don't see it on any of the boat pictures? I've also seen Rupert with a diving mask. Then there are tarps for a camp and some cooking stuff seen. The may have been kicked off the boat with just the clotes on their back but they picked up some supplies somewhere.

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-29-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
Could be the winnings from a first reward challenge? I also noticed alot of extra stuff at camp that was not present in the group shot on the boat prior to jumping. I don't think Jiffy would let them take anything if the plan was for them to survive with just the clothes on their backs. I think we may actually see a reward challenge in the first episode (could this be the first time?).

It nice to finally see Survivor actually making people SURVIVE.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-29-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VIDCAPS: 8/28 Inside Edition segment (Part 1 of 2)"
I haven't had a chance to examine the vidcaps to see if all the extra stuff is on only one tribe. If so, then that would confirm it came from a challenge and not waiting for them.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-29-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Supplies:"
I looked at the first vid caps posted that say "camp life" and noted that on Morgan, Darrah is seen with a knife or machete of some sort, Lill definitely has a pot with a lid (or plate), and they have tarps for shelter

Also on the Drake team, the have string/rope to tie up the tarp and hang clothing to dry, Some kind of canteen or bottle (probably for water), mats on the floor of their shelter, and Rupert is seen with what looks like a plate in his hand.

It looks to me like there was some kind of crate or package in the middle of the Morgan tribe's raft (right after jumping in)....I assume this is probably minimal supplies provided to each tribe.

However, I do think the personal bags of clothes etc... will be part of an early reward challenge. (Great Idea MB!!!)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •